• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Canonically the Strongest Character in Smash?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
1: Fair enough.
2: I got nothing
3: Hot DOgs
4: Sonic could easily knock out red before he even sends out a pokemon.
5: Is rosie top of A then?
1. OWNED
2. OWNED
3. BLTs
4. He's the only one.
5. I could see her in A, but only top of A if Trainer is put at the bottom of S. Otherwise Trainer should be top of A.

I wouldn't call the Power Suit nigh indestructible, that energy bar is there for a reason. And Samus is at her very strongest against Mother Brain (minus Phazon overloads in Prime 3), only with extra energy delivered by the baby Metroid could she take out Mother Brain, otherwise she was toasted. Same goes for Prime 3, she could only take out Dark Samus with the help of going into Phazon-mode, which isn't a natural strength for herself or her Power Suit.

Kirby... eh, I dunno. Outside of Megaton Punch I don't really see how he's any stronger than Mario really.

Oh, and I see some Pokémon Trainer talk, but honestly, for good measuring's sake can't we just assume he has Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard on his team, since that's what he has in Smash? By canon Mewtwo would be Red's strongest Pokémon anyways, since he hasn't done any work past 3rd gen (Fire Red) as far as we know.
Energy Bar is more of a game mechanic than canon. Didn't she fight Moth Brain in Other M as well? What happened there?

Kirby is literally indestructible. Also anything he swallows basically means instant death.

No, we cannot. Also while Trainer is similar looking to Red, he isn't called. Instead it should be assumed he is just a regular trainer with a National Dex and access to every Pokemon. Technicality for the win.

Also, it's been documented that Mewtwo cannot be captured (by a pokemon trainer).
Yeah he can. rofl.

josh bones

Smash Lord
1. OWNED
2. OWNED
3. BLTs
4. He's the only one.
5. I could see her in A, but only top of A if Trainer is put at the bottom of S. Otherwise Trainer should be top of A.

Yeah he can. rofl.
3: Potato
4: Mewtwo can crush red's mind with a thought, ganon can't die.
5: GOod enough for me.

josh bones

Smash Lord
1. OWNED
2. OWNED
3. BLTs
4. He's the only one.

Yeah he can. rofl.

Reznor

work in progress
ganon can't die doesn;t mean he wins many immortal characters have been defeated in comics, games and manga
also Mewtwo can probably just change Ganons memories or something

josh bones

Smash Lord
By popular request, I changed the list.
S tier
:ganondorfmelee:
:mewtwopm:
:sonic:
:bowser2:
:samusmelee:
:kirby2:
:pt:
A tier.

:rosalina:
:ness:

:ike:

:mario2:
:luigi2:
Rockman
:pt:
:metaknight:
:lucas:
B tier
:yoshi2:

:zeldamelee:
:link2:
:younglinkmelee:
Toon link

:pit:
:fox:
:wolf:
:falcomelee:
C tier
:warioc:
:snake:
:marthmelee:
:roymelee:

:pikachumelee:
:dedede:
:sheikmelee:
:drmario:
WIi fit trainer
:jigglypuffmelee:
:zerosuitsamus:
D tier
:rob:
:pichumelee:
:icsmelee:
Villager
:gawmelee:

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Bowser has the star rod, and he can wish for invincibility. No character can counter that aside from sonic or mewtwo (Can he learn trick?)
Ganon is immortal. That is a huge advantage over mewtwo
Bowser could just wish to be a god.. Although national pokedex trainer has control over time and could kill him before that happens.

Hey in kingdom hearts why didn't young XNort just go back in time to remove any obstacles to the x blade being formed? Or go forward in time to just skip to getting the x blade? Lol sora is screwed.

Reznor

work in progress
Bowser could just wish to be a god.. Although national pokedex trainer has control over time and could kill him before that happens.

Hey in kingdom hearts why didn't young XNort just go back in time to remove any obstacles to the x blade being formed? Or go forward in time to just skip to getting the x blade? Lol sora is screwed.
we shouldn't bring in wishes
Zelda,Link and Ganon can get a wish
Kirby can get wishes
Bower with the Star rod can get a wish

too many wishes :upsidedown:

josh bones

Smash Lord

He can only have gen 1-2 pokemon cuz that's the only gens red was in. If he has red's design and looks like red, then he's red.

josh bones

Smash Lord
we shouldn't bring in wishes
Zelda,Link and Ganon can get a wish
Kirby can get wishes
Bower with the Star rod can get a wish

too many wishes :upsidedown:
Bowser has a weapon ingame which can use wishes, to the Zelda dudes or Kirby have that?

Reznor

work in progress
Bowser has a weapon ingame which can use wishes, to the Zelda dudes or Kirby have that?
Kirby can go to Nova who can grant wishes (even though Kirby killed him ...... but there are plenty more :awesome:)
Zelda characters got the Triforce

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Uhhh national pokedex trainer does not = red

The Pokemon trainer in brawl is not red.

So like how bowser can equip the star rod( Mario got the star rod at the end, peach could of stole it)

The Pokemon trainer can equip the national complete pokedex which means he has every Pokemon in his computer.
The Pokemon trainer then has access to arceus who has control over everything+ time.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Meta knight also met nova and asked to fight the strongest warrior In the universe/dimension

Meta knight defeated galactia knight

Meta knight got beaten by Kirby.

There is a plot hole here.

How could meta knight beat the strongest warrior unless he was indeed fighting himself?

Why didn't nova summon Kirby? Kirby beated galactia knight in the arena.

Reznor

work in progress
Meta knight also met nova and asked to fight the strongest warrior In the universe/dimension

Meta knight defeated galactia knight

Meta knight got beaten by Kirby.

There is a plot hole here.

How could meta knight beat the strongest warrior unless he was indeed fighting himself?

Why didn't nova summon Kirby? Kirby beated galactia knight in the arena.
Kirby is no warrior hes a child :smirk:

josh bones

Smash Lord
Kirby can go to Nova who can grant wishes (even though Kirby killed him ...... but there are plenty more :awesome:)
Zelda characters got the Triforce
Kirby does not own nova, it is an area.
Uhhh national pokedex trainer does not = red

The Pokemon trainer in brawl is not red.

So like how bowser can equip the star rod( Mario got the star rod at the end, peach could of stole it)

The Pokemon trainer can equip the national complete pokedex which means he has every Pokemon in his computer.
The Pokemon trainer then has access to arceus who has control over everything+ time.
Bowser had it at one point.
It uses the flrg design, and uses gen1 pokemon in brawl it's red.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Energy Bar is more of a game mechanic than canon. Didn't she fight Moth Brain in Other M as well? What happened there?

Kirby is literally indestructible. Also anything he swallows basically means instant death.

No, we cannot. Also while Trainer is similar looking to Red, he isn't called. Instead it should be assumed he is just a regular trainer with a National Dex and access to every Pokemon. Technicality for the win.
The Mother Brain cutscene was a flashback to Super Metroid to when Samus killed Mother Brain after being powered up by the baby Metroid. Mother Brain doesn't appear for the rest of the game, though a clone of its AI does in the form of a human (who was one-shot by Samus ironically.)

I don't know what part of Kirby is indestructible really, you could argue that he was finished hadn't it been for the collected Star Power saving him right before the Marx fight in Super Star. Without aid from outside sources like the Star Rod he isn't exactly all that powerful. Plus, he can't swallow guys like Dedede and Meta Knight (except in Smash Bros of course, which isn't canon,) so it could be argued his swallowing ability is limited to how weak an opponent is.

The Pokémon Trainer is most certainly Red, whether Sakurai wants to acknowledge it or not. And even if we take it that the Pokémon Trainer isn't Red, he still doesn't have the national dex, all we know of his canon is that he has Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard, so I'm not even sure why it's being discussed since it's not confirmed in the slightest, and all we can do in a discussion like this is discussing confirmed information and not "what if" scenarios.

Reznor

work in progress
Ike can't be hurt exept for weapons blessed by ashera or something.
doesn't mean hes top tier pretty sure he can't breath in space and many a character can throw him there
also DK should be high tier

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Actually someone just brought up that Mewtwo in fact can delete and create memories at will. I think that would allow him to beat those characters who might have been a tough fight for him. (I.E.: Ganondorf, Kirby)

Red needs to actually throw a pokemon out to win if we're going by cannon then. Many people can stop that from happening. Ness, Lucas, Mewtwo, Sonic come to mind.

josh bones

Smash Lord
doesn't mean hes top tier pretty sure he can't breath in space and many a character can throw him there
also DK should be high tier

You can't be grabbed if you're invincible. And skull kid isn't here so punching the moon is useless.

josh bones

Smash Lord
Actually someone just brought up that Mewtwo in fact can delete and create memories at will. I think that would allow him to beat those characters who might have been a tough fight for him. (I.E.: Ganondorf, Kirby)

Red needs to actually throw a pokemon out to win if we're going by cannon then. Many people can stop that from happening. Ness, Lucas, Mewtwo, Sonic come to mind.
and how does it beat ganon who is immortal?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
You make him believe you are his master of sorts. Or delete his memories to confuse him, teleport him to a place he doesn't know and then delete his new memories for good measure and leave.

josh bones

Smash Lord
You make him believe you are his master of sorts. Or delete his memories to confuse him, teleport him to a place he doesn't know and then delete his new memories for good measure and leave.
that's not winning the fight. THIS IS A BATTLE. That would be considered forfeiting.

Reznor

work in progress
throw him into space like they did in jojo's bizarre adventure like i have said
for once explain how ganon can win instead of just saying immortal :glare:

You can't be grabbed if you're invincible. And skull kid isn't here so punching the moon is useless.
you can grab invincible people you just can't "hurt them"
that's not winning the fight. THIS IS A BATTLE. That would be considered forfeiting.
if Ganon can no longer fight he loses

josh bones

Smash Lord
Throwing into space isn't ever an option. FInd a real argument that doesn't use those words.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ike can't be hurt exept for weapons blessed by ashera or something.
No.

He doesn't have blessed Armor, only the Black Knight had that and he ended up losing it in RD. Ike only has a double blessed weapon (both Asherea and Yune blessed the weapon), this puts it on Master Sword level.

But I don't get how people came up with that argument when he doesn’t have the necessary protection against weapons not blessed by Ashera or Yune.

Reznor

work in progress
Throwing into space isn't ever an option. FInd a real argument that doesn't use those words.
explain why it isn't an option then :smirk:
it doesn't have to be space it's just an easy way to show people that Immortality doesn't = instint win

josh bones

Smash Lord
explain why it isn't an option then :smirk:
it doesn't have to be space it's just an easy way to show people that Immortality doesn't = instint win
Kirby can't pick ganon up, megaton punch isn't canon. By you're logic, Mario can use Mario party minigames and win.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ganon is the King of Evil. Mewtwo is a psychic type.

Mewtwo cannot touch dark (evil) elemental types with his psychic powers.

So dos that mean Ganondorf would be immune to Mewtwo's powers?

Reznor

work in progress
Kirby can't pick ganon up, megaton punch isn't canon. By you're logic, Mario can use Mario party minigames and win.
Kirby picked up Dedede's Castle which is heavier than Ganon so he can easily him pick up AND there are plenty of other characters than can pick him up

josh bones

Smash Lord
Kirby picked up Dedede's Castle which is heavier than Ganon so he can easily him pick up AND there are plenty of other characters than can pick him up
Like DK Bowser and Ike. Ganon is 10 times Kirby's height.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Ness > Everyone else

I could write an essay on this

I am not that literate in Earthbound, but Ness is the most powerful of all 3 protagonist and he demonstrates very powerful physic abilities, but I don't think he's as strong as Mewtwo, physically speaking.

Reznor

work in progress
Like DK Bowser and Ike. Ganon is 10 times Kirby's height.
pretty sure he proves how strong he is in this battle with a guy who blows up planets
also i'm not trying to prove Kirby is the strongest just proving that Ganon is weak (Kirby top 3 btw)

Top Bottom