• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Canonically the Strongest Character in Smash?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
if he can use ANY pokemon then he controls space and time
If we go down that route, and let him have the complete national dex, he can use Arceus, who is the "god" of that universe. I'd he has the mega stones, he can even use one of Mewtwo's mega evolutions, both of which have a higher base state than Arceus. So while the trainer is weak, he does possess universe busting power.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Regardless of whether or not Ganon or Bowser have means of preventing all damage done to them, the thread's title is who is the strongest, and I believe in terms of strength, he is stronger than both.

Now even then, he could probably just create his own Master Sword and his own Star Rod to fight them with. I imagine it's easier to do that than create a world.
I wasn't discussing if Ness was stronger than Ganon, just that he can't use the Master Sword. I don't know about creating stuff though, technically Ganon is only hurt by things blessed by gods (holy weaponry or people), so I don't know if creating a mere copy of a sword makes it holy. Depends on how Ness's powers work.

Largely dictated by conditional bias.
Depends on how you look at it. I also believe Sonic is one of the strongest ones, but he can't measure up to invulnerability and immortality or against people who can just outright create a new reality (or new memories).

You might say I am biased but I just don't see Samus defeating any of the 3 phychic characters. She could technically run laps over Ganondorf, but even then it would probably end up in a draw or at the very best a win by forfeit from Ganondorf being unable to fight,

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
theres only 1 master sword, and only one elf can use it
But Ness could probably create his own, that he can use. Or at least some other weapon that can repel evil. Ness himself could likely repel evil since he's perfectly good. Even Link has attacked innocent chickens.

Also technically many elves can use it since like 6 different Links have used the Master Sword.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
But Ness could probably create his own, that he can use. Or at least some other weapon that can repel evil. Ness himself could likely repel evil since he's perfectly good. Even Link has attacked innocent chickens.

Also technically many elves can use it since like 6 different Links have used the Master Sword.

In the Hyrule Historia you can see that the first Link was blessed by the Goddess of Light (Hylia) to be reborn everytime the land needs him. Technically it is the same Link, although it isn't :p. (It's his reincarnation).

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
In the Hyrule Historia you can see that the first Link was blessed by the Goddess of Light (Hylia) to be reborn everytime the land needs him. Technically it is the same Link, although it isn't :p. (It's his reincarnation).
Yeah but they're still technically different people I guess

VidCat23

Smash Rookie
There's a really good argument for Samus going around, but Ness would basically destroy everyone.
At the end of EarthBound, he absorbs the power of the earth, and can dish out near insta-one hit KOs to entire groups of enemies with his mind.
Not to mention he can throw up shields that protect him from virtually anything, and can heal himself from near dead to full health about 300 times in any given fight.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ah this thread reminds me of those old school playground bets from a long time ago. "My favourite hero is better than your favourite hero cause he can do this and that and that!", "Oh yeah, well my favourite hero is better at this and that than your favourite hero so he's stronger!" blady blady bla....

Good times.... Good times.... =w=

But hey, that's why we have Super Smash Bros and other crossover fighters like that. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
when? Red sends his pokemon out in battle, and he only sends out 1-2.
He CAN send more though

Just because pokemon competitive rules only allow them to use 3 max doesn't mean he can't use more

Ash, for example, sends out all of his pokemon all the tme

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
It seems like the stronger the characters are cannonically, the worse they are in the game xD

(Ganondorf, Ness, Mewtwo (in Melee), Samus (in Brawl), Kirby)

Hong

The Strongest
"Who is the strongest?" is not even a measurement of who would in in a fight. Link can defeat Ganondorf, but I would say Ganondorf is more powerful.

Who is the best at their best? In order:
1, 2 & 3: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, with the Triforce
4: Pokemon Trainer
5: Mewtwo

Who would win in a fight? Well, what kind of fight? Are they just dropped into a pitch-white, open room within 100m of each other, knowing who they will face? Mewtwo. Are they dropped in a post-apocalyptic world as the last ones alive? Samus. Is it a bar-fight? Captain Falcon.

It's all conditional.

josh bones

Smash Lord

You can't create something you've never seen before.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
That's why I added in that he could create something that also could repel evil. He is at least as good as Link, so I imagine he could do so.
The Master Sword doesn't have to do with goodness of heart. It was a sword created by the Goddess Hylia, then blessed with the power of the 3 other Goddesses and then transformed by the Triforce. In order for Link to wield it he had to A-) Be the reincarnation of the Goddesses' Hero (the first Link), B-) Have an Iron Will and C-) Complete all of the trials of the Goddesses (which also allowed him to wield the full triforce). In these trials he needed to demonstrate that he had courage, power and courage.

There is nothing referencing good heart, at least not in Skyward which was the one that explained why Link is destined to hold the Master Sword.

I don't think Ness can wield the Master Sword because he isn't the reincarnation of the Hero of Time, but he could probably wield Light Arrows/Silver Arrows or other blessed weaponry. I just don't know if creating them with your mind counts as it being "blessed or holy".

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Are you guys seriously arguing that Ness could beat Ganondorf because he could create the Master Sword and Light Arrows with his PSI?

That's the hugest load of **** ever. Like, huge. If we're making crap up, then the Goddesses Din, Nayru, and Farore blessed Samus with the Master Beam and Master Suit so she's invincible and she wins every time.

/thread

If you're going to make this kind of thread, give characters the equipment they have in their appearances, not bull**** that you just make up on a whim. Ness could not create the Master Sword unless he was literally on par with the Goddesses. And he isn't. The only way he beat Giygas (and that was him and three other people with around equal power) was with the entire planet sending them their love and support. Ganon would stomp Ness into the ground like a wounded kitten.

Last edited:

Baky

Smash Journeyman
1. Yea he can. We are assuming full canon here. This means Pokemon Trainer with a National Dex can use any Pokemon he wants, even Mewtwo, even though Mewtwo is also a fighter.
You're wrong. If you saw the movie where Mewtwo was introduced you'd know that he can't be controlled. The animation is canon.

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
The Master Sword doesn't have to do with goodness of heart. It was a sword created by the Goddess Hylia, then blessed with the power of the 3 other Goddesses and then transformed by the Triforce. In order for Link to wield it he had to A-) Be the reincarnation of the Goddesses' Hero (the first Link), B-) Have an Iron Will and C-) Complete all of the trials of the Goddesses (which also allowed him to wield the full triforce). In these trials he needed to demonstrate that he had courage, power and courage.

There is nothing referencing good heart, at least not in Skyward which was the one that explained why Link is destined to hold the Master Sword.

I don't think Ness can wield the Master Sword because he isn't the reincarnation of the Hero of Time, but he could probably wield Light Arrows/Silver Arrows or other blessed weaponry. I just don't know if creating them with your mind counts as it being "blessed or holy".
I've yet to beat Skyward Sword so I suppose my Zelda knowledge is outdated.

josh bones

Smash Lord
Are you guys seriously arguing that Ness could beat Ganondorf because he could create the Master Sword and Light Arrows with his PSI?

That's the hugest load of **** ever. Like, huge. If we're making crap up, then Samus has the Hyper Beam all the time and the Goddess Hylia blessed her with the Master Beam and Master Suit so she's invincible and she wins every time.

/thread

If you're going to make this kind of thread, give characters the equipment they have in their appearances, not bull**** that you just make up on a whim.
Is mind controlling him and putting him in a desert better?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The Villager is most likely the weakest. Wii Fit Trainer at least is physically capable.

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas

That's the hugest load of **** ever. Like, huge. If we're making crap up, then Samus has the Hyper Beam all the time and the Goddess Hylia blessed her with the Master Beam and Master Suit so she's invincible and she wins every time.

/thread

If you're going to make this kind of thread, give characters the equipment they have in their appearances, not bull**** that you just make up on a whim.
Well I was never told I couldn't make stuff up.

Hong

The Strongest
The Pikmin would be about the size of ants if we are talking canon. :b

Kirby is small, too, but he could inhale a super bacteria or something and **** **** up.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Tabuu is the strongest character. He can turn everyone into a trophy.

How does olimar beat villager?
Poisonous Pikmin, just like small venomous animals kill bigger ones in real life.

* But Villager would still win most of the time. Forgot about how small Olimar really is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baky

Smash Journeyman
The strongest would likely be between Mewtwo, Ganon and Sonic. Who said that Mewtwo would actually have to kill Ganon? He has the capability of making him imobile, for example, he could teleport him to space where ganon would immediately freeze.

I'm not sure how Mewtwo locks on to a target, but assuming he's able to use his powers on Sonic- Sonic would lose no matter if he was Super Sonic or not.

Morbi

Scavenger
The answer is Mewtwo, you can't beat his physic prowess. The ability to rupture organs, bludgeon their insides with bone, decimate brains, cardiac arrest, dismemberment, and perhaps even asphyxiation. I suppose he could also manipulate people like marionette... what can't he do? This is all without using his physical abilities. One doesn't get much more powerful. I mean, he can fly around and teleport as well. He is just OP.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ness couldn't even beat Giygas

Only with the prayers of the entire world did giygas die

josh bones

Smash Lord
The answer is Mewtwo, you can't beat his physic prowess. The ability to rupture organs, bludgeon their insides with bone, decimate brains, cardiac arrest, dismemberment, and perhaps even asphyxiation. I suppose he could also manipulate people like marionette... what can't he do? This is all without using his physical abilities. One doesn't get much more powerful. I mean, he can fly around and teleport as well. He is just OP.
Bowser, star rod, wish to be invincible, or wish that mewtwo was a goomba etc.

Hong

The Strongest
I don't think one on one fighting abilities really dictate strength. :/

Top Bottom