• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Canonically the Strongest Character in Smash?

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
@ MargnetMan23 MargnetMan23 , I disagree. I mean, we could technically fogure it out either way, but I believe using the game's mechanics would be a much more reliable way of conparing characters as the game relies much more on number and quantifiable data than what the writers' interpretations were. Granted, we may have to intepret what move descriptions say about moves, but it's better that we would have defined attributes as opposed to just looking at the moves in the anime. Plus, we know for certain that the games are undeniably accurate, as they come directly from the source with no middleman.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
@ MargnetMan23 MargnetMan23 , I disagree. I mean, we could technically fogure it out either way, but I believe using the game's mechanics would be a much more reliable way of conparing characters as the game relies much more on number and quantifiable data than what the writers' interpretations were. Granted, we may have to intepret what move descriptions say about moves, but it's better that we would have defined attributes as opposed to just looking at the moves in the anime. Plus, we know for certain that the games are undeniably accurate, as they come directly from the source with no middleman.
So what are we going to use? Stats? Using stats to figure out a character's exact strengths just opens up a whole new can of worms, as literally the only thing we'd be able to judge stats by would be what pokedex entries say, and those will end up with more inconsistent results than our anime :p

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
So what are we going to use? Stats? Using stats to figure out a character's exact strengths just opens up a whole new can of worms, as literally the only thing we'd be able to judge stats by would be what pokedex entries say, and those will end up with more inconsistent results than our anime :p
Well like I said, we cpuld probably get the same results either way, or using rhe two to compare one another; like you said, they are basically the same universe. Also, it might help to see, do Mewtwo/Pikachu/etc. follow the four move rule like in the games? The anime may follow the mechanics anyway.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Well like I said, we cpuld probably get the same results either way, or using rhe two to compare one another; like you said, they are basically the same universe. Also, it might help to see, do Mewtwo/Pikachu/etc. follow the four move rule like in the games? The anime may follow the mechanics anyway.
Again, the problem is that limiting them to 4 moves basically turns the debate into which moves they need to win instead of do they have the tools and strength to win. I'm not completely sure how many times an individual pokemon used more than 4 moves in one episode, but it's obvious that many pokémon have used more moves than just 4 and I can't think of any evidence that they ever FORGET how to use those other moves when they get new ones unless you want to argue that Ash randomly picks and chooses which moves Pikachu should be able to use each episode or something.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Again, the problem is that limiting them to 4 moves basically turns the debate into which moves they need to win instead of do they have the tools and strength to win. I'm not completely sure how many times an individual pokemon used more than 4 moves in one episode, but it's obvious that many pokémon have used more moves than just 4 and I can't think of any evidence that they ever FORGET how to use those other moves when they get new ones unless you want to argue that Ash randomly picks and chooses which moves Pikachu should be able to use each episode or something.
"Pokémon can have more than four moves in the anime, and are not required to forget an old move in order to learn a new one (although some of the moves a Pokémon is shown using when first introduced will generally fall into disuse as the Pokémon learns more powerful moves as the series continues). Later series are more likely to have Pokémon stick to the four-move limit, however" - Bulbapedia

So then do we include all the moves the Pokemon can know combined with what they're capable of in the anime, or do we stick solely to the games (including held items, abilities, etc.), because in Smash the Pokes clearly know more than four moves. I think that the former makes more sense given the evidence presented so far.

Also, I want to bring things like this back to the table:

DK is immune to this hypnosis.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Two things: That first statement isn't canonically true (as far as I know), so I'd say you need some more circumstancial evidence to back up that claim. I don't disagree, but just saying.

Also, Ganondorf is a master of dark magic. Does that make him a "dark" type? I would do it if I were at a computer, but I suggest looking at a clairifcation of the typing system on Bulbapedia to see if that makes sense (calling Gdorf a Dark type).
You bring up a good point there. I hadn't considered Ganondorf might actually be considered Dark-type. Interesting.

Anyway, telekinesis/psychokinesis, are described in this manner:

the purported ability to move or deform inanimate objects, as metal spoons, through mental processes.
All right, so we know that Ness, Mewtwo and Lucas can all bend inanimate objects at the very least. What else we got in the ol' dictionary grab bag?

alteration of the state of an object by mental influence alone, without any physical intervention
Interesting. So, someone with telekinesis can technically alter the state of an object simply by thinking? The brain is a fragile thing, you know. Let's dive back into the bag:

An uncontrolled, maniacal outburst, resulting from defective inhibition
Whoa. Now we're getting into some dark stuff. Still, those three definitions tell us what we need to know. Ness, Lucas and Mewtwo can all:

1. Move and deform inanimate objects.
2. Alter the state of an object simply through thought.
3. Release psychokinetic energy in uncontrolled outbursts.

Number three, especially, describes PK Rockin'/Love perfectly. It probably also describes the attack Psychic, as well.

Now, let's give you and Ravio the benefit of the doubt. Let's say that Mewtwo, Ness and Lucas don't have the cognitive prowess to target someone's brain and, instead, rely on crushing or concussive force alone through telekinetic/psychokinetic power. How much force is required to crush the Human skull?

"a force of 73 Newtons is enough to cause a simple fracture, this
force is the equivalent of walking into something solid. An
unrestrained adult fall from standing has been shown to produce a
minimal force of 873 N which is more than enough to produce a skull
fracture."
Interesting. It only takes 73 Newtons to cause a skull fracture, and the minimal force of an unrestrained adult fall from STANDING produces more than ten times the required Newtons to create a skull fracture. To put that into words that are easier to understand, 873 Newtons = 196.2504 lbs of force required to fracture the Human skull. Naturally, there's a lot of variables that decide how much energy and pressure it requires to crush a Human skull, but if only about 200 lbs. of force is required to produce a skull fracture, that's not much more we need to crack a skull, let alone squish it completely. What can create about 200 lbs. of force that we know of in the real world? What about boxers?

• An oft-cited 1985 study of Frank Bruno, who'd go on to be WBC heavyweight champ, showed he could punch with a force of 920 pounds in the lab. Researchers extrapolated that to a real-life blow of 1,420 pounds, enough to accelerate his opponent’s head at a rate of 53 g — that is, 53 times the force of gravity.
Holy crap, the guy punched with a force of 920 pounds?! That's almost five times what's required to fracture the Human skull! Considering how many Pokemon there are that punch fast and hit hard, especially Fighting-types (for example, Machamp purportedly punches 1,000 times in two seconds; Hitmonchan punches at the same speed of a bullet train (310 MPH)), is it really that much of a stretch that Mewtwo, Ness and Lucas can, if not brain-puree someone psychokinetically, crush their skulls like we crush bugs? Of course, we don't really have any evidence of what kind of psychokinetic force that they can create, but if someone falling, unrestrained, from a stand can fracture their skull; if a normal Human boxer can hit someone hard enough to cause bone fractures and concussions (and sometimes, in the right circumstances, even death); I think we can give Mewtwo, Ness and Lucas the benefit of the doubt here.

Similarly, if they're creating enough force telekinetically to crush the skull - which is a surprisingly resilient fusion of bones - they can certainly focus enough telekinetic energy to break bone, at the very least, and last I checked, people need those to function properly.

tl;dr: Mewtwo, Ness and Lucas, even if they can't brain-puree someone, can likely hit them in the head or apply pressure hard enough with telekinetic force to crush their opponent's skulls.

It doesn't say "The target's brain". It doesn't say "Is torn to shreds with mental power". It says "hit with a strong force." Punching someone is hitting them with a strong force.

All those Pokedex entries say is that it's pretty dang strong. Not "strong enough to instantly destroy the living definition of power who is CANONICALLY INVINCIBLE TO EVERYTHING BUT THE MASTER SWORD/LIGHT ARROWS." Not "The most powerful thing ever automatically who overrides any super murder abilities anyone else has." No. It implies Mewtwo is pretty tough. That's it.
In order to generate a Psychic attack, it still has to utilize telekinesis, which it DOES say. The question is whether or not Ganondorf can have his skull crushed. If he can be stabbed, I think it's fair to assume he can. See above.

At least we can agree that Mewtwo's pretty tough, but I'm willing to concede that it's possible Ganondorf might be sitting at the #1 spot even with all that argument, though.

Last edited:

Ravio_Yo

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu justso happens to never use a specific move once it learns a new one.

Agility was never used after Iron Tail was learned.

I believe Thunder was never used past Volt Tackle's being acquired

Quick Attack hasn't been used since Electro Ball was learned.

Almost none of the top tier characters have what I would call a normal skull. And keep in mind Ganondorf has only sustained damage from someone with either the Golden Gauntlets or Power Bracelet. I think. Dont remember TP that well.

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Almost none of the top tier characters have what I would call a normal skull. And keep in mind Ganondorf has only sustained damage from someone with either the Golden Gauntlets or Power Bracelet. I think. Dont remember TP that well.
Not to mention Bowser's tenacity.

Ganondorf being stabbed in the stomach and surviving unscathed is more to his immunity to anything other than Holy objects.

I have a new hypothesis: What if no one character is strongest (in terms of fighting) due to circumstantial weaknesses? For example, Mewtwo could easily crush Link, but Link can kill Ganomdorf who could, presumably based on his few weaknesses and proficiency in dark magic, best Mewtwo.

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
1. Move and deform inanimate objects.
2. Alter the state of an object simply through thought.
3. Release psychokinetic energy in uncontrolled outbursts.
Ness was shown to move a baby bottle telekinetically when he was a baby, so he has been known to do 1. Lucas could be inferred to as well since he has the same power.

Spudboy

Smash Cadet
NNID
spudboy
I've only read part of this thread, so I'm sorry if this has been answered, but why is Subspace Emissary considered canon for G&W but not canon for everyone else?

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I've only read part of this thread, so I'm sorry if this has been answered, but why is Subspace Emissary considered canon for G&W but not canon for everyone else?
I didn't read that, but I think we can all agree that that shouldn't be considered canon.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853

Even if it doesn't apply to Ganondorf, I'd still say it applies to most of the rest of the cast. I could see Bowser being tenacious enough to endure it for a while, and I still agree that Samus would still give 'em a run for their money.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I'd still say it applies to most of the rest of the cast.
I completely agree. Any character with a human skull would likely be affected by this. I don't know about the animals, Pokes, Pit (as he's an Angel), or people with possible barriers (Zelda and Rosalina, perhaps? Both have been shown to be able to cast psychokinetic barriers.), though.

Ravio_Yo

Smash Apprentice
Mario, Luigi, and especially Kirby and Pit are all very tenacious. I'd say Mewtwo could beat the Bros and maybe Pit. Not sur about Kirby.

Does Marth get his invincibility to everything but dragons or not?

I still think Mega Man could take down Mewtwo.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Mario, Luigi, and especially Kirby and Pit are all very tenacious. I'd say Mewtwo could beat the Bros and maybe Pit. Not sur about Kirby.

Does Marth get his invincibility to everything but dragons or not?

I still think Mega Man could take down Mewtwo.
1. I agree with the Bros. and Pit. Kirby is a big question mark, I think. Does Kirby even have a brain to brain-puree? It's clear that psychokinetic/telekinetic force blasts meant to break bone won't do a damn thing to Kirby, so you bring up a good point.

2. Not sure. If that's the case, we've got a strong case for Marth winning a fight no sweat.

3. I gotta disagree with you here. The technology they use in Mega Man is flimsy enough to get crushed, I think Mewtwo could whip up enough telekinetic force to at least blow away mechanical limbs. Then again, who knows how Mewtwo might react to plasma?

While the plasma on the sun is the hottest we know of in the natural world, manufactured plasma is much hotter. Several machines called tokamaks create fusion reactions in labs around the world. The ITER tokamak, a fusion machine, is currently under construction in France. ITER, an international coalition of scientists from six countries and the European Union, hopes to use the tokamak to test ideas for fusion energy production. The tokamak will use magnetic forces to heat two hydrogen isotopes to more than 150 million degrees Celsius (about 270 million degrees Fahrenheit). This will break the gas down into plasma. As in a star, this superheated plasma will allow light elements to fuse and yield energy.
Holy Christ on a cracker, Mega Man should be top tier.

Last edited:

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but Link (If we're considering game play canon) can only seem to take a maximum amount of damage. Throw him into boiling hot lava and he suddenly appears on the last ledge he was on with minus a single heart. He can take a colossal sized sword or fist to the cranium and shrug it off. So if (and I do say if) we consider game play to be canon, Link can only be so hurt from any given attack. Even trying to crush his skull via telekinetic force would require multiple attempts depending on the amount of hearts he's got access to.

(Also, Hyrule Warriors Link. May not be canon in the Zelda series, but I still think he'd beat everyone.)

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
The term has no meaning.
That's nice. Except when the original question was posed, the asker intended some meaning. You are saying "I don't care what you mean, I'm going to answer a totally different question, because I don't like one of the words you used." You're just arguing diction here, not making an actual argument. You don't like how he worded his question, so you're going to pretend he asked a totally different one.

Whatever your beef with the term "canon", it's clear that the original question does not mean for Smash to be part of the consideration. The point of the question is to be, at the very least, "aside from Smash, who is the most powerful?"
By believing in canon you think that there is one route for a series to go timeline wise, no splits or alternate paths for it to go.
Not at all. If that's what GameTheory is saying about the idea, then it's being dumb.

Canon can mean different things, such as what the creator of the character/franchise/series/whatever, "official" sources say about it. Things don't all fit in neatly, because most video games and comic books are about producing lots of content, not telling one, single, coherent story. And so there is a proliferation of stories being told by different people who want to go in different directions, hence you get these multiple timelines/universes, retcons and so forth. There is Earth-616 and there's Ultimate Marvel and you can argue about what's canon in each of those universes, whatever. People argue about the cartoons vs. the comics (or the same with Pokemon and the games vs. the anime). It's not an argument, however, that your fanfic you wrote in your basement is not canon. It's not an argument that Marvel Vs. Capcom is not "Marvel canon".

You're acting like the fact that there are multiple timelines in Zelda means that anything that features Legend of Zelda characters is canon. That's just idiotic. Canon might be a messy concept, but there are still some lines that can be drawn. Or at least, lines that are recognized by 99.9% of people.
Kirby has sucked up bigger things in his games, Kirby is known to suck up anything no matter the size, It's not just a game mechanic. I could also say Kirby not being able to suck up mini bosses is a game mechanic too! HAHAHA! You can use canon if you want, I don't like that word and won't use it.
Fine then. Canon doesn't matter, so there's potentially a timeline in which Samus takes the Chaos Emeralds and blows Sonic's brains all over the floor, and then feeds them to Kirby.

Ergo Samus is more powerful than either of them.

Seriously, you're arguing with me when I said that this argument is pointless because you can make up evidence for whatever side, and you're argument is nuh-uh, there's no criteria by which to exclude certain sources, so somehow that makes things MORE resolvable? My point was that you can't decide which ultimate power is more powerful as they tend to never meet in any official capacity, and company cross-overs by law* must not take sides on such issues. So saying that Triforce or the Chaos Emeralds are more powerful is based on no real evidence.

Anyway, it's obvious Sonic is not stronger than Mega Man given that they fought to a stalemate in the comics :rolleyes:

*that's a joke

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Oh man, I haven't posted here in awhile.

I remember I made this.It's really off so please remember that. Remember, each tier isn't inorder from left to right, merely that everyone from the tier above can beat everyone below.

Pkmn Trainer isn't allowed to have everything anymore right? He'd definetely be no better than C tier if he has the zard, squirtle and ivysaur
And I'm sure Lucas is higher, same goes for Link and Zelda. But hey, it's nice to see things. I find I understand pictures or diagrams better than walls of text.

So uh, yeah what needs fixing. And please no bias.

Last edited:

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Oh man, I haven't posted here in awhile.

I remember I made this.It's really off so please remember that. Remember, each tier isn't inorder from left to right, merely that everyone from the tier above can beat everyone below.

Pkmn Trainer isn't allowed to have everything anymore right? He'd definetely be no better than C tier if he has the zard, squirtle and ivysaur
And I'm sure Lucas is higher, same goes for Link and Zelda. But hey, it's nice to see things. I find I understand pictures or diagrams better than walls of text.

So uh, yeah what needs fixing. And please no bias.
What are Marth's feats? What even remotely suggests he stands up to those other characters? Tell me, I honestly wouldn't know.

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
What are Marth's feats? What even remotely suggests he stands up to those other characters? Tell me, I honestly wouldn't know.
Falchion - His sword.

This is from waaaay back on pg 9. Muster gives a good explanation.

The falchion is a weapon blessed by Naga and forged from her tooth before her death, Naga is basically Marth's goddess, but she's a dragon. Since the Falchion seals all damage from all non manakete attacks and can heal him, i'm assuming Marth can just lie down holding the falchion and take a nap with whoever wailing on him and doing nothing. However, the Falchion can only seal direct attacks (like being hit with something) edit: The falchion can heal him completely and instantly, oops.

To tell the truth, i came into this thread hoping to bump him up from D tier, but it turns out he can probably be a genuine threat to higher ups.
Apparently, it makes him invulnerable to everything except dragons (manakete, someone please correct me. I'm ignorant of Fire Emblem). There are more explanations in that section too.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Falchion - His sword.

This is from waaaay back on pg 9. Muster gives a good explanation.

Apparently, it makes him invulnerable to everything except dragons (manakete, someone please correct me. I'm ignorant of Fire Emblem). There are more explanations in that section too.
*looks it up* invulnerable against everything but dragon DIRECT ATTACKS? ... Well, since from what I gather that was only in one game, and in canon, newer games in the series take precedence for information, because it's the UPDATED information... I wouldn't really count that. So... B or C tier, because pretty much all of the characters in A tier can probably power through him (well, I don't know about Meta Knight... or even what makes him so canonically strong, and yes I do understand why Kirby is there.)

Ravio_Yo

Smash Apprentice
Marth is the holder of the Darksphere. Automatic A-tier right there.

Are these supposed to be their strongest forms or their average forms?

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Marth is the holder of the Darksphere. Automatic A-tier right there.

Are these supposed to be their strongest forms or their average forms?
Does Marth NORMALLY have it? Is there anything that suggests he no longer has it? The answer to those questions is probably the answer to whether or not we should take it into consideration... I mean, if it's like the Chaos Heart to Luigi than I'd say no.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Tier List.png

This is my Tier list @ RelaxAlax RelaxAlax , although I would prefer a one on one matching chart as I've said before.

E is below regular adult male status
D is about adult male status
C is above adult male status
B is past Olympic standards, either strength or some other means
A is supernaturally or just plain incredibly strong by some other way
S are the three most people would consider to be the strongest, I believe.

Notes:
Dr. Mario would go either in B (assuming he's Mario) or D (Assuming he's a separate canonical character)
Roy would likely be a C or B
Young Link would be in C or B thanks to gauntlets
Greninja would likely be C
Zero Suit Samus would likely be C

Last edited:

Ravio_Yo

Smash Apprentice
Does Marth NORMALLY have it? Is there anything that suggests he no longer has it? The answer to those questions is probably the answer to whether or not we should take it into consideration... I mean, if it's like the Chaos Heart to Luigi than I'd say no.
He has it at the end of the second game, I believe. That's good, right?

View attachment 14432

This is my Tier list @ RelaxAlax RelaxAlax , although I would prefer a one on one matching chart as I've said before.

E is below regular adult male status
D is about adult male status
C is above adult male status
B is past Olympic standards, either strength or some other means
A is supernaturally or just plain incredibly strong by some other way
S are the three most people would consider to be the strongest, I believe.

Notes:
Dr. Mario would go either in B (assuming he's Mario) or D (Assuming he's a separate canonical character)
Roy would likely be a C or B
Young Link would be in C or B thanks to gauntlets
Greninja would likely be C
Zero Suit Samus would likely be C
Young Link has the Fierce Deity Mask. Definitely B at least.

Villager has many different weapons (the Master Sword, the Varia Suit, a Bill Blaster, the Blue Falcon). He's way above E.
WFT is as strong as it's possible for a human being to be. C, imo.
Diddy is nearly as strong as Donkey Kong, no way he's D when DK is A.
Dedede and Meta Knight are both extremely durable and powerful. A tier, imo.
Toon Link has the Magic Armor and the Power Bracelets. He deserves B at least.
I shouldn't even have to explain why Mega Man and Sonic are A tier.
I still have no idea why people put Ness as S tier.
Where are Luigi and Peach?

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Young Link has the Fierce Deity Mask. Definitely B at least.

Villager has many different weapons (the Master Sword, the Varia Suit, a Bill Blaster, the Blue Falcon). He's way above E.
WFT is as strong as it's possible for a human being to be. C, imo.
Diddy is nearly as strong as Donkey Kong, no way he's D when DK is A.
Dedede and Meta Knight are both extremely durable and powerful. A tier, imo.
Toon Link has the Magic Armor and the Power Bracelets. He deserves B at least.
I shouldn't even have to explain why Mega Man and Sonic are A tier.
I still have no idea why people put Ness as S tier.
Where are Luigi and Peach?
I didn't consider Majora's Mask, since Young Link has the Kokiri shield in Melee which he can't have canonically in Majora's Mask.
Villager, as it's been said before, never actually uses that stuff. We have no way of knowing if (s)he's actual proficient as using them; for all we know, the Master Sword is too heavy for him/her to even use.
WFT is just a yoga instructor, although I suppose C would work.
Diddy Kong is known for his swiftness, not his attack power; this is shown in Mario Super Sluggers in his low batting strength and high running speed.
Dedede and Meta Knight may be durable, but hardly powerful. I suppose they would be C or B tier at the highest.
I agree with Toon Link.
I agree with Sonic, although I don't know as much about Mega Man to agree or disagree. I do know that he immediately explodes when touching spikes, though.
Ness has psychokinesis, which, as has been said before, can kill people easily. Especially since he literally absorbs the power of the earth.
Luigi is there. Peach not so much. Peach would probably be D or C.

Last edited:

Ravio_Yo

Smash Apprentice
The spikes Mega Man explodes from were created purposefully to be InstaDeath Spikes by Dr. Wily. It isn't regular old spikes.

Oh, I see Luigi now. What puts Mario higher?

Psychokinesis argument is flawed. Not even getting into that again.

Diddy Kong has almost always been portrayed as at least half as strong as DK. DK can punch the moon out of the atmosphere. A fair bit more than "adult male", I would think.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
The spikes Mega Man explodes from were created purposefully to be InstaDeath Spikes by Dr. Wily. It isn't regular old spikes.

Diddy Kong has almost always been portrayed as at least half as strong as DK. DK can punch the moon out of the atmosphere. A fair bit more than "adult male", I would think.
Half as strong? Well, what would Diddy Kong's best feat be? Is there anything that specifically says he's half as strong as Donkey Kong? Because I find scaling a character's abilities based on another character's abilities to be PRETTY unreliable.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Ah, okay. I suppose he could be higher, though to be honest he just doesn't have enough to show off his true powers (as far as I know) as much as other characters so I'm just not quite sure.
I put Mario higher because he's been in more games, so arguably he'd be stronger. Also his base power stats in the M&L games are higher than Luigi's (I believe this is true in the Sports games as well).
Alrighty then.
If you could, a source for this would be greatly appreciated....although I'm starting to think the whole moon thing I posted might not be so reliable either. I mean, Donkey K. DOES punch the moon, but Diddy Kong's head conking into it seems to be enough force to knock it down, too...

Ravio_Yo

Smash Apprentice
In every DK game, Diddy does the same or a little less damage than DK in terms of attack power. Simple as that.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
In every DK game, Diddy does the same or a little less damage than DK in terms of attack power. Simple as that.
I thought about that, but Donkey Kong could just as easily be holding back. And his batting stat is three times as high as Diddy's is.

I suppose C or D could work.

Last edited:

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Well, just because Diddy Kong's able to match DK's standard output doesn't mean he's able to reach nearly that close to DK's upper limit. Scaling like that is just unreliable. Who's to say that slightly less than Donkey Kong's attacks isn't Diddy Kong's MAXIMUM strength?

Ravio_Yo

Smash Apprentice
That's still enough to one shot a Kremling. More than enough for B rank, imo.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
That's still enough to one shot a Kremling. More than enough for B rank, imo.
One-shotting a kremling=B Rank? Well, with that loose of a standard to qualify for B rank, I'm pretty sure we could bump quite a few characters up to that rank.

Top Bottom