• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Canonically the Strongest Character in Smash?

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Dispite discussing who would be strongest in the game you have com ignored how ROB the robot is in the real world. Yes since smash bros wii U, other characters have been added to the real world through Amiibo they lack the powers they posses. However, Rob is an exception to this because his accessory if fully functional piece with TWO moving gyros that can be spun up if need be. If positioned in the right way Rob has the power to unplug a power cable and totally ignore each power and ability other characters possess in game.
With that said I believe that ROB the robot, the one without any real powers is the strongest out of all of the other characters.
We're taking characters from their respective canon/universe and putting them together to fight. Mario comes from the Mario series, and R.O.B. comes from real life, to an even battleground. Being in one universe or the other doesn't give an advantage here.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
We're taking characters from their respective canon/universe and putting them together to fight. Mario comes from the Mario series, and R.O.B. comes from real life, to an even battleground. Being in one universe or the other doesn't give an advantage here.
That probably was a joke.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I'd vote yes personally but I need a more relevant example. Is this about Nerdicon saying Sonic needs 60 rings to do Chaos Control?
Yes, that's a good example.
But I don't believe we've ever seen Rosalina summon more than one at a time, even if we've seen her surrounded by many.
This isn't a problem if the rule passes where they spawn at the beginning.
Well I didn't play Squeak Squad or Return to Dreamland, and my memory of Air Ride is fuzzy, but of every other game I've played you can't guard on the Warp Star. And it's not like he needs his hands to steer, so I don't think it'd be an issue.
The leaves would obscure his vision is what I was getting at.
We can bump it up to 200 mph.
I'd be fine with that.
Link only being able to kill Ganondorf in WW is scripted. You're free to attack him with whatever you want in OoT, but only the Master Sword defeats him.
Well, it is the blade of evil's bane. I'd imagine that or the god-empowered qualities have something to do with it.
And what Pit vehicle are you referring to?
Probably the GST.

Reckless Godwin 2.0

Smash Apprentice
I'd vote yes personally but I need a more relevant example. Is this about Nerdicon saying Sonic needs 60 rings to do Chaos Control?

@ Reckless Godwin 2.0 Reckless Godwin 2.0
What do you mean by a reference point?

And we reached an agreement, but I honestly forgot. I want to say it was like 50ft? Not sure.
Doesn’t Sonic have to collect rings rather than start with them to use Chaos Control?

Like a summary on the noteworthy capabilities of each character (Mario having the Super Suit, the effects of Marth’s Falchion, Ness's PSI abilities, Shulk’s Monado Arts).

Ok than.

Yeah, I don't want to have any health systems, because they are inaccurate and a game mechanic. Unfortunately, that's the rule. Though, Pokémon have health bars, so they'd be excluded.
"Characters have health systems and are given the one that is used most often in their primary games. Excludes characters who have HP bars for health systems."

Can't he just take it out then?
The Pokemon use an HP based system like the ones in the Mario RPGs, Fire Emblem, Mother series, and Xenoblade. The health bar is merely a visualization of how full their HP is at the moment.

I’d imagine that would weaken the Fire Emblem (I haven’t played any of Marth’s games so my knowledge is limited).

But it can happen. We're taking characters at their best possible scenarios, no matter how unlikely.

Watch the start of the first video.

Robotnik is a genius, seeing as how he has 300 IQ and all. This also makes me doubt that he would blow up his own fleet on purpose for no apparent reason.
So why are you opposed to Shulk using the Monado’s power to it’s fullest?

I was referring to the space fleet ships from Unleashed not the air fleet ships from Heroes (I wonder how Vyse‘s battleship Delphinus would stand up to an assault by Sonic). I looked at the Heroes video again and two things caught my eye, one of the robots took multiple blows to destroy and Tail’s VA bugs me.

So a Genius can't lure Sonic into his ship, trap him there and blow the whole place to kingdom come? Robotnik managed to trap Sonic pretty easily in the Unleashed opening and Robotnik probably used his space fleet as a expendable (Robotnik seems to have no issue replacing his material losses) ruse to lure him into this trap.

Dispite discussing who would be strongest in the game you have com ignored how ROB the robot is in the real world. Yes since smash bros wii U, other characters have been added to the real world through Amiibo they lack the powers they posses. However, Rob is an exception to this because his accessory if fully functional piece with TWO moving gyros that can be spun up if need be. If positioned in the right way Rob has the power to unplug a power cable and totally ignore each power and ability other characters possess in game.
With that said I believe that ROB the robot, the one without any real powers is the strongest out of all of the other characters.
We’re talking about R.O.B. not R.O.B. plus his operator.

@ Munomario777 Munomario777 , @ ShadowLBlue ShadowLBlue , @ Nerdicon Nerdicon Can you describe what Shulk is doing in this scene

@ Kirby Dragons Kirby Dragons Would Mechon style armor be of use in this scenario (http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...r_Shulk.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120904015655 in the upper right)?

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
So why are you opposed to Shulk using the Monado’s power to it’s fullest?
Because he hasn't been shown to do so.
I was referring to the space fleet ships from Unleashed not the air fleet ships from Heroes (I wonder how Vyse‘s battleship Delphinus would stand up to an assault by Sonic). I looked at the Heroes video again and two things caught my eye, one of the robots took multiple blows to destroy and Tail’s VA bugs me.
Ah, I see. The multiple hits deal is mostly for that game; in later games that include the Boost, Spin Dash, etc. Sonic can break through robots with ease. And yeah, Tails's voice was probably at its worst here.
So a Genius can't lure Sonic into his ship, trap him there and blow the whole place to kingdom come? Robotnik managed to trap Sonic pretty easily in the Unleashed opening and Robotnik probably used his space fleet as a expendable (Robotnik seems to have no issue replacing his material losses) ruse to lure him into this trap.
If Sonic dies, Robotnik can't use the Chaos Emeralds to split the world apart. If Sonic turns into Super Sonic (which he does prior to the explosion), the explosion will have no effect.
@ Munomario777 Munomario777 , @ ShadowLBlue ShadowLBlue , @ Nerdicon Nerdicon Can you describe what Shulk is doing in this scene
Summoning a Monado?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Link only being able to kill Ganondorf in WW is scripted. You're free to attack him with whatever you want in OoT, but only the Master Sword defeats him.
It's scripted in OoT because if Link doesn't use the master sword to deliver the final blow, Ganondorf will get back up and you'll have to get him back to the point where he's defenseless.

They also vaporize with any attacks since they always explode upon death.
Yes, but the difference is the description uses the word "vaporize". This isn't use for any other attack.

Just so we're clear, you are arguing if the ship isn't integral to their characters, they shouldn't get it. Can I ask why before I put it up for a vote? And what Pit vehicle are you referring to?
Because no one else is receiving the option of using their ships. It's not fair for Kirby to be given the warp star while no one else is allowed to use their ships. Pit's vehicle is the great sacred treasure.

...Thats rather pathetic for the hero who saved the world.
Yeah, but I don't consider Link to be that height. I work with 5'7" because the height comparison between adult and child Link in OoT would have to make child Link around 2', which makes no sense.

He escapes from both after some time. That doesn't matters here of course. But first, he has to be pulled into it. He isn't a feather either with all of the armor he has and just his bulky body.
We don't know how he escapes. Either way, the darkburst is either going to send Ganondorf into a dark dimension where he becomes oblivious, just like the river Lethe in Greek myth where upon drinking from the river would cause forgetfulness, or Ganondorf is going to become extinct.

I played SM. I meant if that part wouldn't be done. Your normal shots still damage her, just not by enough.
You know this, how?

Then he was a very tough guy even before getting it. I mean like REALLY hard to damage.
How do you know?

Link and everyone around him are ridicolously short for humans though and have ears that you'll never see on a human (too long and pointed).
If you work with rips from games.

And should that count as going from a demon, to a human-whatever-they-are and back to being a demon?
I don't know what you're asking.

It certainly wasn't pretty. She most likely used full power of it while only fraction of it was used on Zant.
But a fraction of that power doesn't tell us much about it. Assume it was powerful enough to cause a castle to be destroyed. What's that equal to in terms of destructive power?

We don't see it giving life to anything that isn't already alive.
Life-giving is defined as sustaining or revitalizing life. This means the energy is supporting life or imbuing something or someone with life. Were something to happen to the Light of Aether, then Aether would be brought to an end. In essence, it'd die. Considering the Light of Aether has brought life upon Aether, I'd say it's capable of giving life. It consists of various types of energy, but the notable kinds are bio energy, solar energy, and geothermal energy.

Master Sword and co. are not related to anything religious. They are just blessed by gods or something. At least Master Sword was created by a god, Hylia, to defeat Demise, who pretty much is Ganondorf except a real demon and without any Triforce.
To be blessed by gods is to be made holy or consecrated. In the Abrahamic faiths, something that is holy is regarded as such because it is set apart for Yahweh. Not only does the master sword start as the goddess sword, it is imbued with three sacred flames and is even referred to as a sacred blade. We don't know what religion the Hylians ascribe to, but those from the sky are revered.

It also may just be too complex for others to understand it. Like 99% of their (and other races like this') tech. Like Morph Ball and Power Suit.
Yes. That word is "esoteric". It's a word that's been associated with religion.

You never see the Ing walking around on Aether in their pure form since they are forced to use hosts for that. You never see them in pure form outside of Dark Aether.
Probably because they've never managed to pass through the portals. At the end of MP2:E, the Ing warriors try to get through, but presumably fail to do so because their world is being destroyed. These dark rifts that allow the Ing to possess their hosts wouldn't make sense anyway if they were vulnerable to Aether's atmosphere. They would be exposed to Aether's atmosphere. Furthermore, U-Mos makes it quite clear that if the Ing took the last energy from the Main Energy Controller, they'd seek other planets to take over and Samus' homeworld could be next.

Dark Creatures=x=The Ing
Dark Creatures=Creatures possesed by the Ing.
Dark Atmosphere is deadly only to creatures from normal world. Its kinda like bringing animal that was adapted to live in ridicolously low temperature to enviroment with ridicolously high temperature an vise versa. Except with no science involved.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

We can compare, for example, heat of different objects.
Using our physics, of course.

The "without travelling at supersonic speeds" bit was referring to the Heroes clip, and the Rocket Accel is being used IIRC (which isn't stated to move at the speed of sound). As for the Unleashed clip, Sonic broke through multiple security barriers and other parts of the ship, causing it to explode. Note that the gunfire, explosions, etc. up to this point don't seem to damage the ship.
I thought it was you who said Sonic casually runs at the speed of sound. I'm still not sure how breaking through multiple security doors and other parts of the ship would cause it to explode.

In Ocarina of Time, Link is 5'7". This can be seen by entering the diving pool with the Iron Boots (the pool has a measurement scale). Using that height for the image provided, Ganon seems to be a bit taller than 7'6".
Actually, I've been the one who pointed out Link's height as 5'7" here and have been using that. We really don't know what Link's height is, but using the pool in OoT will not give you 5'7". The point is, Hyrule Historia says Ganonodorf is 7'6". That's canon.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
It's scripted in OoT because if Link doesn't use the master sword to deliver the final blow, Ganondorf will get back up and you'll have to get him back to the point where he's defenseless.
This seems to imply that the Master Sword is necessary for defeating him, no?
Yes, but the difference is the description uses the word "vaporize". This isn't use for any other attack.
Let's say that there are two red chairs. The description for chair A reads, "A nice, cozy recliner that will make you feel right at home." Chair B's description is, "A red rocking chair that will fit in perfectly with any rustic setting." Only one description specifies the color, but that does not mean that Chair A isn't red.
Using our physics, of course.
Yes.
I thought it was you who said Sonic casually runs at the speed of sound. I'm still not sure how breaking through multiple security doors and other parts of the ship would cause it to explode.
Sonic runs at the speed of sound, but this isn't specified for the Rocket Accel (plus, he has to carry Knuckles and Tails, which might hinder his speed a bit).

He might have hit the reactor core or something along those lines.
Actually, I've been the one who pointed out Link's height as 5'7" here and have been using that. We really don't know what Link's height is, but using the pool in OoT will not give you 5'7". The point is, Hyrule Historia says Ganonodorf is 7'6". That's canon.
The Zelda Wiki gave me that number; if it's wrong, feel free to demonstrate.

Hyrule Historia counts as "other media", just like Right Back At Ya, the Pokemon anime, Sonic X, etc. Therefore, in the case of a contradiction, we use what the games tell us. The games tell us that Link is 5'7", which puts Ganondorf at a greater height than HH tells us.

Of course, this could also just be due to HH referring to Twilight Princess, while the measurement of Link's height is in Ocarina of Time.

Reckless Godwin 2.0

Smash Apprentice
Summoning a Monado?
In order to summon something it has to exist before hand. This is the first time the Monado III shows up in the game so it can’t have been summoned.

Why would Sonic attack the Reactor Core when Robotnik is escaping? How would Sonic even know what a reactor core is (that’s more Tails forte)?

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
The Pokemon use an HP based system like the ones in the Mario RPGs, Fire Emblem, Mother series, and Xenoblade. The health bar is merely a visualization of how full their HP is at the moment.
None of those would count, according to the rule.
I’d imagine that would weaken the Fire Emblem (I haven’t played any of Marth’s games so my knowledge is limited).
Maybe so, but Marth wouldn't really need the shield, just the Darksphere.
@ Kirby Dragons Kirby Dragons Would Mechon style armor be of use in this scenario (http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...r_Shulk.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120904015655 in the upper right
)?
Most likely useful for blocking attacks. Does it have any other effects?
They're sticking out even when their mouths are closed, so it would likely still do damage.
They're sticking up, not towards Rosalina. Not to mention, the same amount of damage is done in the back.
That only protects Kirby from above, and he can't jump/float/etc. while holding it.
The Invisibility Stone provides Kirby with complete intangibility.
Protect blocks most attacks for a limited time. Invincible Start and Super Sonic block most attacks for a limited time. (In fact, Invincible Start and Hyper Sonic have sparkles surrounding them like a force field, and Super Sonic has a golden aura of sorts.)
What do sparkles/auras have to do with anything?

Also, Skill Swap is a psychic move, and we determined a bit ago that psychic moves would work on Super Sonic.

Actually, it seems to be a bit smaller than Kirby. My bad.
Nah, it's actually a bit bigger.

Kirby could also just reflect or inhale the blade, starting once he sees Mega Man throw it. Invincibility Stone also makes the blade pass right through him.
It seems to be a rather tight fit.
It would still extend.
But it can happen. We're taking characters at their best possible scenarios, no matter how unlikely.
Still voted against.
Can he burrow through concrete?
No, but Invisibility Stone allows Kirby to pass through the Clown Car.
Or an example of the Clown Car's durability. If only he had added a top to the driver's seat...
Since when is not getting hit an example of durability?
I'd imagine it would take a few hits to defeat something made of metal. Touch damage pales in comparison to, say, an explosive missile, a sharp arrow, a fireball, etc.
Touch damage does the same amount of damage to Kirby than the things you mentioned.
To defeat Kirby.
No, because Kirby used his Invincibility Candy/Invisibility Stone/Warp Star.
When is it stated that all people who can perform ether manipulation can perform shapeshifting?
There is no factor that makes Zanza able to perform shapeshifting that Shulk doesn't have.
And he has more.
They can be Crashed/Miked/Painted through.
That's still a lot less than 200 MPH.
Which isn't a problem if they're already there at the start of the match.
Rule hasn't passed yet.
Did you make actual measurements? If so, could you please show your work?
Pretty impossible, seeing as the whole thing was shown in multiple seconds.
It's helpful to know what exactly the stone statue is being struck with, especially if it's a tiny Kirby-sized pickaxe.
If you're going to wail on the statue's durability like that, I can do the same and say that Brick Blocks are incredibly weak. For another instance of durability, he destroyed the building without and signs of damage.
Yet, he can.
Barely.
For the 1,000,001st time, when is it stated that shapeshifting is always a direct result of being able to manipulate ether?
See above.
Once Kirby touches the Miracle Fruit, it's automatically activated.
That's just a game mechanic.
So what does being a not-goddess mean in a battle exactly?
Almost-goddess is a better way to put it. Having the power to achieve complete control over a planet makes you planetary.
I beat someone in a footrace who was wearing ten jackets. Does that mean that I was also wearing ten jackets?
Don't take it personally, but you can't defeat someone with a higher power level than you.
What exactly are these attacks, and how easy are they to dodge/counter attack?
Just more nitpicking. Though, I'm going to bring up that Meta Knight's attacks were pretty difficult to dodge in KSS, including a fire tornado that covers the whole screen. He's also speedy in battle.
Black Hole Battle.PNG

The fact that Sonic has them.
Trick.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
This seems to imply that the Master Sword is necessary for defeating him, no?
In OoT, yes. This doesn't tell us anything else.

Let's say that there are two red chairs. The description for chair A reads, "A nice, cozy recliner that will make you feel right at home." Chair B's description is, "A red rocking chair that will fit in perfectly with any rustic setting." Only one description specifies the color, but that does not mean that Chair A isn't red.
It doesn't mean Chair A is not red, either.

Sonic runs at the speed of sound, but this isn't specified for the Rocket Accel (plus, he has to carry Knuckles and Tails, which might hinder his speed a bit).

I see.

The Zelda Wiki gave me that number; if it's wrong, feel free to demonstrate.
Where did Zelda Wiki give you that number? I've never seen it before. I just assumed it because child Link's height made sense to put around 4'8".

Hyrule Historia counts as "other media", just like Right Back At Ya, the Pokemon anime, Sonic X, etc. Therefore, in the case of a contradiction, we use what the games tell us. The games tell us that Link is 5'7", which puts Ganondorf at a greater height than HH tells us.
Where did the height for Link come from?

Of course, this could also just be due to HH referring to Twilight Princess, while the measurement of Link's height is in Ocarina of Time.
That's a possibility, but it's simpler to use the same height for characters who are reincarnated because let's face it, they may be different incarnations, but they're really all the same.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
In order to summon something it has to exist before hand. This is the first time the Monado III shows up in the game so it can’t have been summoned.
Okay, so Shulk can create swords. Your point?
Why would Sonic attack the Reactor Core when Robotnik is escaping?
By making a detour?
How would Sonic even know what a reactor core is (that’s more Tails forte)?
I dunno, by watching Star Wars? :p
They're sticking up, not towards Rosalina. Not to mention, the same amount of damage is done in the back.
So it's touch damage, then.
The Invisibility Stone provides Kirby with complete intangibility.
But not the Warp Star.
What do sparkles/auras have to do with anything?
What do force fields have to do with anything?
Also, Skill Swap is a psychic move, and we determined a bit ago that psychic moves would work on Super Sonic.
It's a different matter when that psychic move has been shown to be blocked by Protect.
Nah, it's actually a bit bigger.
What image are you using exactly?
Kirby could also just reflect or inhale the blade, starting once he sees Mega Man throw it. Invincibility Stone also makes the blade pass right through him.
When did this discussion switch to Mega Man? I'm talking about Sonic's spinball form.
It would still extend.
As proven by?
No, but Invisibility Stone allows Kirby to pass through the Clown Car.
Actually, it only works on specific, crystalline blocks.
Since when is not getting hit an example of durability?
You can hit it with, say, a Fire Flower or a Cape Feather. It just won't do much of anything.
Touch damage does the same amount of damage to Kirby than the things you mentioned.
Do you have examples of this?
No, because Kirby used his Invincibility Candy/Invisibility Stone/Warp Star.
And Mario's 99 Starmen last longer than that.
There is no factor that makes Zanza able to perform shapeshifting that Shulk doesn't have.
Except, you know, having performed shapeshifting.
They can be Crashed/Miked/Painted through.
Can those defeat invincible enemies?
That's still a lot less than 200 MPH.
They seem to pick up speed quite a bit (they reach a great distance in a matter of seconds).
Rule hasn't passed yet.
Then we should put this little part of the discussion on hold until then.
Pretty impossible, seeing as the whole thing was shown in multiple seconds.
You could Photoshop them together.
If you're going to wail on the statue's durability like that, I can do the same and say that Brick Blocks are incredibly weak. For another instance of durability, he destroyed the building without and signs of damage.
I'm not saying the statue isn't durable. I'm asking for evidence that it is.
But he can.
Almost-goddess is a better way to put it. Having the power to achieve complete control over a planet makes you planetary.
A king can have control over his kingdom, but that doesn't give him much power in a one-on-one fight. What exactly does this boss demonstrate in the battle against Kirby?
Don't take it personally, but you can't defeat someone with a higher power level than you.
Then how exactly can a :pichumelee: beat a :pikachumelee: in both Smash and Pokemon?
Just more nitpicking. Though, I'm going to bring up that Meta Knight's attacks were pretty difficult to dodge in KSS, including a fire tornado that covers the whole screen. He's also speedy in battle.
If you're going to cite boss battles as feats, I'd like to know what exactly those fights are like.
Is this reflected in the actual stage itself?
Doesn't work.
In OoT, yes. This doesn't tell us anything else.
It matches up with the "only the Master Sword and other weapons like it" hints, clues, descriptions, etc. the series has provided elsewhere.
It doesn't mean Chair A is not red, either.
That's what I just said...
Where did Zelda Wiki give you that number? I've never seen it before. I just assumed it because child Link's height made sense to put around 4'8".
Where did the height for Link come from?[/quote]
It was on their page for Link. It's also calculated in an episode of Game Theory.
That's a possibility, but it's simpler to use the same height for characters who are reincarnated because let's face it, they may be different incarnations, but they're really all the same.
Their heights do vary, though. For instance, look at Toon Link VS Twilight Link. The question is, which one do we use here?

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
This is a poor comparison. You're trying to prove that something that's there isn't true, not that something that isn't there could be true.

The Hyrule Historia is about as canon as you're going to get. Not to mention that height for Link is from Ocarina while the height for Ganondorf is from Twilight Princess (which really doesn't matter)
Doesn’t Sonic have to collect rings rather than start with them to use Chaos Control?
Exactly. He wants to put in the aforementioned collectable rule so Sonic can freeze time whenever. It literally has no effect on the rest of the characters.

He seems to summon the Monado III. Something to do with Zanza accidentally making Shulk a third god. The Monado III is his right as a god, therefore he summoned it. I still support the whole ether manipulation thing though, just saying what I saw.

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
This is a poor comparison. You're trying to prove that something that's there isn't true, not that something that isn't there could be true.
Chair A isn't said to be red, but clearly is.
Most attacks aren't said to "vaporize" enemies, but clearly do.
The Hyrule Historia is about as canon as you're going to get. Not to mention that height for Link is from Ocarina while the height for Ganondorf is from Twilight Princess (which really doesn't matter)
It's another source of media rather than the main series of games. It could still be true, though; different incarnations and all.
Exactly. He wants to put in the aforementioned collectable rule so Sonic can freeze time whenever. It literally has no effect on the rest of the characters.
It still needs to be addressed, though.

The reason that Sonic needs to collect Rings rather than starting with them is because he cannot start with them in the two player mode; he always starts off at zero.

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
Chair A isn't said to be red, but clearly is.
Most attacks aren't said to "vaporize" enemies, but clearly do.
Nothing about chair A makes me think it's red, and you're still arguing the wrong front.

It's another source of media rather than the main series of games. It could still be true, though; different incarnations and all.
In terms of canonicity, the Hyrule Historia is the Word of God, so it gets priority over any other lore or gameplay.

It still needs to be addressed, though.
It has been, he can freeze time once unless he collects another 60 rings

The reason that Sonic needs to collect Rings rather than starting with them is because he cannot start with them in the two player mode; he always starts off at zero.
I know.:glare:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Nothing about chair A makes me think it's red, and you're still arguing the wrong front.
Except, you know, the fact that it's visibly red.
In terms of canonicity, the Hyrule Historia is the Word of God, so it gets priority over any other lore or gameplay.
Fair enough.
It has been, he can freeze time once unless he collects another 60 rings
And Sonic has collected thousands prior to the battle.
...And here, he's starting off with thousands. Sonic needs sixty Rings per time freeze, so since he has many Rings here, he should have many time freezes.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
It matches up with the "only the Master Sword and other weapons like it" hints, clues, descriptions, etc. the series has provided elsewhere.
That doesn't tell us anything, though. It just tells us the game is scripted.

That's what I just said...
I'm failing to understand what you're trying to convey.

It was on their page for Link. It's also calculated in an episode of Game Theory.
Huh. Interesting. Although, MatPat says Link is 5'.

Their heights do vary, though. For instance, look at Toon Link VS Twilight Link. The question is, which one do we use here?
Considering Toon Link is from WW, meaning he is a child, I personally would go with 4'8".

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
That doesn't tell us anything, though. It just tells us the game is scripted.
It tells us that Ganondorf resists other harm other than the Master Sword when it comes to delivering the final blow.
I'm failing to understand what you're trying to convey.
You said that Crash vaporizes enemies while other attacks don't because it was specified in Crash's description and not the other attacks' descriptions. I provided an example to demonstrate why that is not the case.
Huh. Interesting. Although, MatPat says Link is 5'.
Great job, Zelda Wiki. :facepalm:
Considering Toon Link is from WW, meaning he is a child, I personally would go with 4'8".
Seems reasonable. My point is that heights seem to vary between different incarnations of these characters.

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
Except, you know, the fact that it's visibly red.
A nice, cozy recliner that will make you feel right at home
What about that makes chair A red?

And Sonic has collected thousands prior to the battle.
OK, he gets one time stop. That's what I've been saying

...And here, he's starting off with thousands. Sonic needs sixty Rings per time freeze, so since he has many Rings here, he should have many time freezes.
Correction, every sixty rings he collects he gets one use of time stop. He doesn't use any of them up it's a reward for collecting 60 rings.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
A nice, cozy recliner that will make you feel right at home
What about that makes chair A red?
The fact that it's visibly red, which I established before providing the descriptions.
OK, he gets one time stop. That's what I've been saying
Every sixty Rings, Sonic gets one Time Stop. With 9,999 Rings, that means 166 uses of Time Stop.
Correction, every sixty rings he collects he gets one use of time stop. He doesn't use any of them up it's a reward for collecting 60 rings.
That's what I'm saying. Sonic collected 9,999 Rings prior to the fight, so he has 166 uses of Time Stop stored up.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
It tells us that Ganondorf resists other harm other than the Master Sword when it comes to delivering the final blow.
No it doesn't. Ganondorf doesn't even die in OoT.

You said that Crash vaporizes enemies while other attacks don't because it was specified in Crash's description and not the other attacks' descriptions. I provided an example to demonstrate why that is not the case.
Except, you haven't proved anything because no other attack says anything about vaporization. It also makes more sense for crash to vaporize, considering it's an explosion.

Great job, Zelda Wiki. :facepalm:
Zelda Wiki did fine, it was just MatPat who said 1.5 meters, while Zelda Wiki says 1.7 meters.

Seems reasonable. My point is that heights seem to vary between different incarnations of these characters.
I know.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
No it doesn't. Ganondorf doesn't even die in OoT.
You can't finish Ganon off with anything other than the Master Sword in-game. What about that doesn't suggest that he can't be finished off by weapons other than the Master Sword?
Except, you haven't proved anything because no other attack says anything about vaporization. It also makes more sense for crash to vaporize, considering it's an explosion.
All other attacks vaporize enemies as shown by the in-game animation.
Zelda Wiki did fine, it was just MatPat who said 1.5 meters, while Zelda Wiki says 1.7 meters.
It seems more like 1.5 meters looking at the footage. (I just got reminded of that Mario Kart Wii cowboy guy from the commercials...) I wonder where the Wiki got those numbers from.
So we should decide which incarnation to use when it comes to height and such.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
You can't finish Ganon off with anything other than the Master Sword in-game. What about that doesn't suggest that he can't be finished off by weapons other than the Master Sword?
It's scripted. You and I know there are other weapons that can harm Ganondorf.

All other attacks vaporize enemies as shown by the in-game animation.
Or, the reason the animation is the same is because it's cost effective. It was cheaper for those who developed OoT to to develop MM and for those who developed Metroid Prime to develop Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.

It seems more like 1.5 meters looking at the footage. (I just got reminded of that Mario Kart Wii cowboy guy from the commercials...) I wonder where the Wiki got those numbers from.
That'd make Link two inches shorter than Mario. From concept arts, that doesn't look like it's the case.

So we should decide which incarnation to use when it comes to height and such.
It makes no difference to me. Any adult Link will be 5'7". Any child Link will be 4'8". It's like Cremia and Malon having the same height, even though they're not the same people.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I don't see why the Master Sword could be the only weapon that can finish off Ganondorf.
Or, the reason the animation is the same is because it's cost effective. It was cheaper for those who developed OoT to to develop MM and for those who developed Metroid Prime to develop Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.
Regardless of why it was implemented, it's in the game and is thus canon.
That'd make Link two inches shorter than Mario. From concept arts, that doesn't look like it's the case.
True. I'd be fine with working with 5'7".
It makes no difference to me. Any adult Link will be 5'7". Any child Link will be 4'8". It's like Cremia and Malon having the same height, even though they're not the same people.
Except here we have a case of different Ganons having different heights.

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
The fact that it's visibly red, which I established before providing the descriptions.
Maybe I should be more specific, what about that description makes Chair A red? If you hadn't told me, I wouldn't have known.

Every sixty Rings, Sonic gets one Time Stop. With 9,999 Rings, that means 166 uses of Time Stop.

That's what I'm saying. Sonic collected 9,999 Rings prior to the fight, so he has 166 uses of Time Stop stored up.
Except the uses don't stack, so only one use of time stop.
Deal with it:rotfl:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Maybe I should be more specific, what about that description makes Chair A red? If you hadn't told me, I wouldn't have known.
Nothing. I opened the analogy with "there are two red chairs". Allow me to draw the parallels.
Two red chairs = Crash VS other attacks
Chair B (with the description mentioning red) = Crash
Chair A (without the red in the description) = other attacks
Being red = vaporizing
Except the uses don't stack, so only one use of time stop.
Deal with it:rotfl:
Oh, so if Sonic collects 120 Rings, he only gets one use of Time Stop?

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906
I made a list way back when
:sonic:
:ness:
:bowser2:
:ike:
:samusmelee:
:kirbymelee:
:mario2:
Nobody show this to Mr Lange...

Anyway, I'd wager Palutena seeing as she's a mother****ing goddess, likely able to kill Ganondorf without lifting a finger. Thing is, Super Sonic alone has taken on entities that are pretty much gods and has won. As well as this, he managed to severely damage Tabuu's "off wings" in his REGULAR form. Tabuu seems to be presented in the SSE as a god like entity, so that's some food for though. Still, assuming Palutena is stronger than Sonic, I would be interested to know who's stronger between her and Tabuu.

Oh, Pac-Man eats that which is supposed to be intangible, so there's that...

EDIT:
Mewtwo with his psychic armor would be unstoppable. Followed by Ganondorf and then Samus and the PSI boys

Also, it's been documented that Mewtwo cannot be captured (by a pokemon trainer).
One word, bucko; Masterball.

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Nobody show this to Mr Lange...

Anyway, I'd wager Palutena seeing as she's a mother****ing goddess, likely able to kill Ganondorf without lifting a finger. Thing is, Super Sonic alone has taken on entities that are pretty much gods and has won. As well as this, he managed to severely damage Tabuu's "off wings" in his REGULAR form. Tabuu seems to be presented in the SSE as a god like entity, so that's some food for though. Still, assuming Palutena is stronger than Sonic, I would be interested to know who's stronger between her and Tabuu.

Oh, Pac-Man eats that which is supposed to be intangible, so there's that...
Being a "goddess" doesn't mean much; what really matters is the feats that the character has shown. Also, welcome to the thread! :)

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
What do force fields have to do with anything?
You're the one who brought them up.

It's a different matter when that psychic move has been shown to be blocked by Protect.
Actually, it's not. Super Sonic ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ Protect. They would only be comparable if they were both forcefields, yet they're both defensive powers (in fact, Super Sonic isn't mainly a defensive power, while Protect is). That's like saying that water is an element, and fire is an element, so Mewtwo using Flamethrower would drown Sonic, because Sonic can't swim.
What image are you using exactly?
Heavy Knight blade.PNG

This one. As you can see, Kirby and the blade are the same size (Cutter hat doesn't count, obviously). It's also notable that the blade is curved a bit, so it's taller than Kirby at full height.
When did this discussion switch to Mega Man? I'm talking about Sonic's spinball form.
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhh.

Well, same thing I said applies.
As proven by?
The spark field would be large enough to extend around the Warp Star. If not, then the Spark Scroll will expand the field so that it is so.
Actually, it only works on specific, crystalline blocks.
As long as it is being held, all crystal-like walls become phased out and passable for the carrier, and its carrier is both invisible and invincible to all enemies, including aggressive and tracking Scarfys and Degouts.
It wouldn't last forever, yet it would proof viable for facing against things like the Power Bomb.
You can hit it with, say, a Fire Flower or a Cape Feather. It just won't do much of anything.
Can you actually target the clown car, or just Bowser?
Do you have examples of this?
Acchi's fireballs and Spynum's arrows deal the same amount of damage as touching.
And Mario's 99 Starmen last longer than that.
We should actually vote on this as well.
Except, you know, having performed shapeshifting.
Can those defeat invincible enemies?
They can if the invincible enemy if the enemy isn't actually invincible (Mario with a Starman). They all show the same amount of power as lava and such, seeing as all of it one-shots characters that they hit.
They seem to pick up speed quite a bit (they reach a great distance in a matter of seconds).
How much distance, then?
Then we should put this little part of the discussion on hold until then.
Alright.
You could Photoshop them together.
I'll try Paint.
stone size 7.PNG

31 stacks. Wasn't that far off.

31 x 16 = 496
496 divided by 12 = 41.33333333333333
Dedede Stone is 41 feet tall.
I'm not saying the statue isn't durable. I'm asking for evidence that it is.
Well, I gave some evidence (that the statue completely destroyed a building by growing, not showing any signs of damage).
But he can.
We should probably dismiss this now.
A king can have control over his kingdom, but that doesn't give him much power in a one-on-one fight. What exactly does this boss demonstrate in the battle against Kirby?
Goddess of a place > king of a place. Though, I'll give you the lowdown anyways.
  • Rapid teleportation
  • Massive energy attacks
  • Rapid sword slices
  • Coconut missiles
  • Shapeshifting flower buds
  • Dark lightning
  • Generation of massive crystals
She also created an entire island, and she's stated to be ruler of the heavens and rival the divine. Trust me, she's a massive threat.
Then how exactly can a :pichumelee: beat a :pikachumelee: in both Smash and Pokemon?
Pichu can't actually beat anyone in Smash really. It doesn't matter if he can or not, because everyone's power level is equalized there, leading to things like :diddy: beating :samus2:, and we all know that's not true. Smash is definitely not an accurate source for who can beat who.

As for Pokemon, Pikachus can generally beat Pichus. If a Pichu does defeat a Pikachu, that's more based off of strategy instead of power. Plus, Pokemon is just one example against hundreds from across fiction (R can beat S, so R's power is greater than that of S).
If you're going to cite boss battles as feats, I'd like to know what exactly those fights are like.
Is this reflected in the actual stage itself?

Indeed.
Doesn't work.
Why not?

Attachments

Last edited:

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906
Yeah, but it does help give a basic idea of the sort of power we're dealing with. Also, thanks for the welcome! :D

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
Nothing. I opened the analogy with "there are two red chairs". Allow me to draw the parallels.
Two red chairs = Crash VS other attacks
Chair B (with the description mentioning red) = Crash
Chair A (without the red in the description) = other attacks
Being red = vaporizing
You're not really proving anything here...

Oh, so if Sonic collects 120 Rings, he only gets one use of Time Stop?
Yes.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
You're the one who brought them up.
You're the one who brought up the difference between force fields and Super Sonic etc.
Actually, it's not. Super Sonic ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ ≠ Protect. They would only be comparable if they were both forcefields, yet they're both defensive powers (in fact, Super Sonic isn't mainly a defensive power, while Protect is). That's like saying that water is an element, and fire is an element, so Mewtwo using Flamethrower would drown Sonic, because Sonic can't swim.
Why does it matter if it's a force field or not? Both protect the user from most attacks.
View attachment 47912
This one. As you can see, Kirby and the blade are the same size (Cutter hat doesn't count, obviously). It's also notable that the blade is curved a bit, so it's taller than Kirby at full height.
I see.
Well, same thing I said applies.
Eight-inch sword =/= significantly larger spinning blue buzzsaw hedgehog.
The spark field would be large enough to extend around the Warp Star. If not, then the Spark Scroll will expand the field so that it is so.
What has the Spark ability been shown to resist? I doubt it has been shown to block, say, one of Samus's Super Missiles. Also, it can be bypassed by spikes.
As long as it is being held, all crystal-like walls become phased out and passable for the carrier, and its carrier is both invisible and invincible to all enemies, including aggressive and tracking Scarfys and Degouts.
It wouldn't last forever, yet it would proof viable for facing against things like the Power Bomb.
But not escaping the Clown Car.
Can you actually target the clown car, or just Bowser?
It's a 2D platformer. You can target whatever you want.
Acchi's fireballs and Spynum's arrows deal the same amount of damage as touching.
Okay, your point?
We should actually vote on this as well.
Okay, then. What exactly do you think the vote should be?
If Shulk has not been shown shapeshifting, I fail to see why we should allow him to shapeshift.
They can if the invincible enemy if the enemy isn't actually invincible (Mario with a Starman). They all show the same amount of power as lava and such, seeing as all of it one-shots characters that they hit.
When is it shown that Kirby enemies and Mario have the same amount of durability?
How much distance, then?
Well, the entire galaxy appears as only a swirling vortex.
I'll try Paint.
View attachment 47918
31 stacks. Wasn't that far off.

31 x 16 = 496
496 divided by 12 = 41.33333333333333
Dedede Stone is 41 feet tall.
What exactly are you stacking up?
Well, I gave some evidence (that the statue completely destroyed a building by growing, not showing any signs of damage).
M'kay.
We should probably dismiss this now.
M'kay.
Goddess of a place > king of a place. Though, I'll give you the lowdown anyways.
  • Rapid teleportation
  • Massive energy attacks
  • Rapid sword slices
  • Coconut missiles
  • Shapeshifting flower buds
  • Dark lightning
  • Generation of massive crystals
She also created an entire island, and she's stated to be ruler of the heavens and rival the divine. Trust me, she's a massive threat.
Now, that's what I was asking for. How exactly did Kirby defeat this foe, and what other feats of durability has it shown?
Pichu can't actually beat anyone in Smash really. It doesn't matter if he can or not, because everyone's power level is equalized there, leading to things like :diddy: beating :samus2:, and we all know that's not true. Smash is definitely not an accurate source for who can beat who.
As for Pokemon, Pikachus can generally beat Pichus. If a Pichu does defeat a Pikachu, that's more based off of strategy instead of power. Plus, Pokemon is just one example against hundreds from across fiction (R can beat S, so R's power is greater than that of S).
It doesn't matter whether or not it's based on power. You're saying that it's impossible for someone to defeat a power level that is higher than their own. I disproved that notion.
Hey look, it's our old friend telegraphed attacks!
I don't see a black hole here.
Because it's blocked by Super Sonic.
You're not really proving anything here...
@Dryn is saying that Crash uses X amount of TNT because it vaporizes enemies. Someone pointed out that every attack seems to vaporize enemies. Dryn said that only Crash's description specifies the vaporization. And now I'm showing that that doesn't mean that other attacks don't vaporize enemies. Since both a sword slash and Crash "vaporize" enemies, and sword slashes likely don't use that amount of TNT force, we don't have proof that Crash does either.
Well, that would have been nice to know. It would save us a whole lot of discussion.

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
Hey look, it's our old friend telegraphed attacks!
Just like every other boss in any platformer ever!

@Dryn is saying that Crash uses X amount of TNT because it vaporizes enemies. Someone pointed out that every attack seems to vaporize enemies. Dryn said that only Crash's description specifies the vaporization. And now I'm showing that that doesn't mean that other attacks don't vaporize enemies. Since both a sword slash and Crash "vaporize" enemies, and sword slashes likely don't use that amount of TNT force, we don't have proof that Crash does either.
Aren't you the one who said lore > gameplay? Well the ability descriptions are lore, so I see no problem. As for the death animations, there are inconsistencies like this in other games. In Mario games I can use the star spin to kill an enemy and they'll fly of and explode. Are you saying that whenever Rosalina uses her spin attack it causes people to explode? No it doesn't as it is clearly an attack that deals damage via blunt force, not explosion. Similarly, the sword ability deals damage via a cutting edge, yet enemies still explode. Crash is clearly stated to vaporize foes, so in this situation where we're not limited by these death animations, Crash vaporizes enemies.

Well, that would have been nice to know. It would save us a whole lot of discussion.
That's what I've been saying this entire time :facepalm:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I don't see why the Master Sword could be the only weapon that can finish off Ganondorf.
Because it's not. If other swords with the power to drive back demons were used, it wouldn't be the master sword only. Silver arrows can kill Ganondorf. We've been singing the same tune. I brought up a different argument concerning the light beam and darkburst. I'm not saying anything else on the matter.

Regardless of why it was implemented, it's in the game and is thus canon.
What's canon is crash vaporizes, killing regular enemies by other means is not said to do so. Explosions tend to vaporize. Striking an enemy with a sword or yo-yo does not.

By the way, here's a video with the mic and crash. With the mic, we can see Kirby generating shock waves. The last one is especially awesome when you pause it as you can see the refraction of light, which looks pretty similar to this. It also pretty much covers the entire screen. It makes me think of the annihilator beam when charged. Originally, that was going to be called "sonic boom", rather than "disruptor", but the shock wave is still there.

Except here we have a case of different Ganons having different heights.
It's simpler to work with what's canon already.

Reckless Godwin 2.0

Smash Apprentice
Most likely useful for blocking attacks. Does it have any other effects?
Most notable qualities of Mechon armor are near immunity to physical damage (physical attacks do 1 point of damage under normal conditions) and halves damage from ether-based attacks. The only problem is reconciling how Mechon shrug off attacks with their armor yet Bionis wildlife are still able to do normal damage against party members outfitted with it (a case of cutscenes and gameplay for the former vs just gameplay for the latter).

Okay, so Shulk can create swords. Your point?
A case of ether manipulation! If he can make a Monado out of the light from his comrades then it shouldn’t be difficult for him to alter it further like Zanza and Meyneth did multiple times.

Should we really be using a questionably canon 2 player race mode Chaos Control technique? The timer can apparently be reduced more quickly by pushing buttons!

@ ShadowLBlue ShadowLBlue How much range does the Fire Emblem ranged attacks have? I’m talking about the Sword of Seals (1-2 range), Ragnell’s shockwave (1-2 range), regular tombs like Nosferatu (1-2 range) and Siege Tomes like Mire (3-10 range). Marth might want to bring a Levin sword as well (1-2 range).

ShadowLBlue

Smash Apprentice
Just use the best version of the ability as in how much damage, range, blast radius, execution/projectile speed/firing rate/etc that one version has.
Depends on how much damage it deals to those who don't die in single hit.
Yes, it is unless its just flinching (like in Metroid and Kirby).
Sure.
Until she gets bored.
No.
Yes.
Yes.
UPDATE thanks to Bagan, the Shulk Rules are done. Here are the results:
Shulk copying Meyenth/Zanza skills/abilities (excluding recreating the world): 3-4 (For: KD, Nerdicon and Reckless; Against: Muno, Bagan Me and Dryn) REJECTED

Shulk manipulating the Monado into weapons: 3-3 (For: KD, Dryn, Reckless, Bagan; Against: muno, me, Nerdicon) APPROVED

Shulk manipulating his body: 3-4 (For: KD, Bagan and Reckless; Against: Muno, me, Nerdicon and Dryn) REJECTED

I
t seems like there is a discussion about Rosalina, so I guess we should vote on it @ Nerdicon Nerdicon , @ Kirby Dragons Kirby Dragons , @Dryn , @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros , @ Reckless Godwin 2.0 Reckless Godwin 2.0 , @ Munomario777 Munomario777 :

• It's already agreed Rosalina can start with a Luma. Should Rosalina get to start with as many as she wants? Or should there be a limit? Or should it be just one like in Smash?
  • Should Rosalina be able to summon Lumas indefinitely? While they aren't infinite, if they turn into planetary bodies upon dying, there must be an uncountable number of them given the number of black holes, stars and planets in the universe.
  • Ditto for Palutena and her Centurions? I personally vote yes. They may not be as numerous as Lumas, but Palutena revives any who die, so it seems silly to assign an upper limit on how many she can summon that's not high.
  • After some revisiting Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, I think Kirby should get the Star Rod. In retrospect, it's much more analogous to the Chaos Emeralds (minus that it only appeared in one game). Unlike the Mario Star Rod, he wouldn't need to steal it to get it (it's just sitting in the Fountain of dreams) and he wouldn't need to go on a massive collection quests to other planets like he would to use the Star Ship (his Final ability in Milky Way Wishes). The only argument against him using it is it would make the citizens of Dream Land have either dreamless sleep or nightmares by removing it.
The latter isn't a proposal, but a reminder:
  • It's a rule that characters get one copy of each item (emphasis on item, NOT equipment, weapon, skill, etc) they can own hold (and some that they cant hold, like Kirby's miracle fruit) . This mean Kirby only gets just 1 invincibility candy. Yes he can store 5 in his stomach in one game, but that goes against the rule. We're not letting PT bring 99 full restores.
Yes, that's a good example.
Well, in that case I'd vote no (it won't stop me from proposing it, I'm just trying to understand it). If we go with the assumption Sonic needs 60 rings to use Chaso Control, he can use Chaos Control as many times as long as he has at least 60 rings left (granted using it each time would costs 60 rings), rather than him getting to use Chaos Control whatever 9,999/60 is.
Is that what you're referring to?

This isn't a problem if the rule passes where they spawn at the beginning.
I thought we already agreed Rosalina and PT get to start off with their allies? With Rosalina, it's just a matter of how many.

The leaves would obscure his vision is what I was getting at.
I don't see why he can't just leave an opening for his eyes. I'm pretty sure he controls the leaves.

We're giving characters most of their power-ups. We're assuming they come fully loaded, so in Sonic's case he has his max rings and all 7 emeralds.

Like a summary on the noteworthy capabilities of each character (Mario having the Super Suit, the effects of Marth’s Falchion, Ness's PSI abilities, Shulk’s Monado Arts).
Actually a good idea. We should have been bookmarking/saving some of these posts. Do you think you can find your long post on Shulk with his ideal set-up?

He summons the Monado?

Or maybe it's scripted because that's actually the only thing that would work? It'd be different if this "script" wasn't backed up by lore and consistently portrayed in lore.

Considering all enemies, blow-up upon death, that Crash vaporizes them doesn't indicate a big power difference.
Also, what was your point?

Because no one else is receiving the option of using their ships. It's not fair for Kirby to be given the warp star while no one else is allowed to use their ships. Pit's vehicle is the great sacred treasure
Who has a ship that they can summon that is being forbidden from using it?

Maybe so, but Marth wouldn't really need the shield, just the Darksphere.
Where does it say in FE1 or 3 that he gets the Darksphere?

Just because something can harm him doesn't mean it can kill him. The Master Sword/Silver Arrows are the equivalent of a boss that can only be killed with a special technique.
That being said, it actually is true that Ganon has never been killed or truly defeated by anything but the Silver Arrows (unless you count the Master Sword petrifying a Triforce of powerless Ganon in WW).

A case of ether manipulation! If he can make a Monado out of the light from his comrades then it shouldn’t be difficult for him to alter it further like Zanza and Meyneth did multiple times.
This got approved so he can manipulate his weapon. I think it should go without saying he should only be able to manipulate it into weapons he's seen.
Should we really be using a questionably canon 2 player race mode Chaos Control technique? The timer can apparently be reduced more quickly by pushing buttons!
Agreed. I don't mind saying he needs 60 rings per Chaos Control (or that it only lasts 10 seconds at most) like in multi-player, but saying he can only use it once is silly since we know from single player that it isn't a "reward" for collecting 60 rings @ Munomario777 Munomario777 , @ Nerdicon Nerdicon .

@ ShadowLBlue ShadowLBlue How much range does the Fire Emblem ranged attacks have? I’m talking about the Sword of Seals (1-2 range), Ragnell’s shockwave (1-2 range), regular tombs like Nosferatu (1-2 range) and Siege Tomes like Mire (3-10 range). Marth might want to bring a Levin sword as well (1-2 range).
[/QUOTE]
If you're asking how much range they'd have in real life, idk. Siege tomes should presumably be able to be used from at least the same distance as real ones, and a the fartherst distance I saw on google wa 1200 yards, or nearly 7/10 of a mile.
As for ranged weapons, those are hard to guess. We know they are capable of firing over houses and forts, but not castles or villages. Maybe @Dryn could estimate something?

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Just like every other boss in any platformer ever!
Anyway, what other feats of durability has this boss shown?
Aren't you the one who said lore > gameplay? Well the ability descriptions are lore, so I see no problem.
And the death animations are gameplay, uncontradicted by lore.
As for the death animations, there are inconsistencies like this in other games. In Mario games I can use the star spin to kill an enemy and they'll fly of and explode. Are you saying that whenever Rosalina uses her spin attack it causes people to explode? No it doesn't as it is clearly an attack that deals damage via blunt force, not explosion. Similarly, the sword ability deals damage via a cutting edge, yet enemies still explode. Crash is clearly stated to vaporize foes, so in this situation where we're not limited by these death animations, Crash vaporizes enemies.
Except we are limited by the death animations. Crash vaporizes enemies because that's how the game functions. Whether that's a game mechanic or an attribute of the enemies themselves, I'm not sure. But it doesn't seem to be an attribute of the attacks themselves, since as you said, swords aren't supposed to vaporize things.

Also, if Crash "vaporizes" enemies, then why doesn't it instantly vaporize bosses? (To my knowledge; talking off of the wiki here.)
That's what I've been saying this entire time :facepalm:
:drfacepalm:
Because it's not. If other swords with the power to drive back demons were used, it wouldn't be the master sword only. Silver arrows can kill Ganondorf. We've been singing the same tune. I brought up a different argument concerning the light beam and darkburst. I'm not saying anything else on the matter.
In Ocarina of Time, only the Master Sword can finish off Ganondorf. This is because the Magical Sword, Four Sword, Silver Arrows, etc. aren't in that game.
What's canon is crash vaporizes, killing regular enemies by other means is not said to do so. Explosions tend to vaporize. Striking an enemy with a sword or yo-yo does not.
Except swords and yo-yos do vaporize Kirby enemies. We can clearly see that in-game.
By the way, here's a video with the mic and crash. With the mic, we can see Kirby generating shock waves. The last one is especially awesome when you pause it as you can see the refraction of light, which looks pretty similar to this. It also pretty much covers the entire screen. It makes me think of the annihilator beam when charged. Originally, that was going to be called "sonic boom", rather than "disruptor", but the shock wave is still there.
Interesting.
It's simpler to work with what's canon already.
I am. Ganondorf's height in TP is, canonically, the figure given in Hyrule Historia. In Ocarina, meanwhile, it is the figure given from the diving pool.
When is it stated that anyone that can manipulate Ether can also shapeshift?
It seems like there is a discussion about Rosalina, so I guess we should vote on it @ Nerdicon Nerdicon , @ Kirby Dragons Kirby Dragons , @Dryn , @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros , @ Reckless Godwin 2.0 Reckless Godwin 2.0 , @ Munomario777 Munomario777 :

• It's already agreed Rosalina can start with a Luma. Should Rosalina get to start with as many as she wants? Or should there be a limit? Or should it be just one like in Smash?
  • Should Rosalina be able to summon Lumas indefinitely? While they aren't infinite, if they turn into planetary bodies upon dying, there must be an uncountable number of them given the number of black holes, stars and planets in the universe.
  • Ditto for Palutena and her Centurions? I personally vote yes. They may not be as numerous as Lumas, but Palutena revives any who die, so it seems silly to assign an upper limit on how many she can summon that's not high.
  • After some revisiting Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, I think Kirby should get the Star Rod. In retrospect, it's much more analogous to the Chaos Emeralds (minus that it only appeared in one game). Unlike the Mario Star Rod, he wouldn't need to steal it to get it (it's just sitting in the Fountain of dreams) and he wouldn't need to go on a massive collection quests to other planets like he would to use the Star Ship (his Final ability in Milky Way Wishes). The only argument against him using it is it would make the citizens of Dream Land have either dreamless sleep or nightmares by removing it.
  • As many as she wants, since there appear to be many Lumas in Galaxy (especially when taking into consideration the many celestial bodies).
  • Indefinitely, but only one at a time.
  • Abstain due to lack of knowledge.
  • How does Kirby obtain the Star Rod, and what happens to it after the boss(es) where it is used?
  • It's a rule that characters get one copy of each item (emphasis on item, NOT equipment, weapon, skill, etc) they can own hold (and some that they cant hold, like Kirby's miracle fruit) . This mean Kirby only gets just 1 invincibility candy. Yes he can store 5 in his stomach in one game, but that goes against the rule. We're not letting PT bring 99 full restores.
Thank you for the reminder.
Well, in that case I'd vote no (it won't stop me from proposing it, I'm just trying to understand it). If we go with the assumption Sonic needs 60 rings to use Chaso Control, he can use Chaos Control as many times as long as he has at least 60 rings left (granted using it each time would costs 60 rings), rather than him getting to use Chaos Control whatever 9,999/60 is.
Is that what you're referring to?
Nerdicon specified exactly how it works in-game, but I'd be fine with using what you just said. Also, it's 166 uses of Chaos Control with 9,999 Rings.
I thought we already agreed Rosalina and PT get to start off with their allies? With Rosalina, it's just a matter of how many.
Yes, that's what I mean.
I don't see why he can't just leave an opening for his eyes. I'm pretty sure he controls the leaves.
It wouldn't be ideal for vision (especially all around Kirby), and the larger the hole, the more vulnerable Kirby is.
Actually a good idea. We should have been bookmarking/saving some of these posts. Do you think you can find your long post on Shulk with his ideal set-up?
Here's my post on Sonic's abilities if you'd like to save it.
Or maybe it's scripted because that's actually the only thing that would work? It'd be different if this "script" wasn't backed up by lore and consistently portrayed in lore.
Mmmhmm.
Considering all enemies, blow-up upon death, that Crash vaporizes them doesn't indicate a big power difference.
My point exactly.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
    [*]Should Rosalina be able to summon Lumas indefinitely? While they aren't infinite, if they turn into planetary bodies upon dying, there must be an uncountable number of them given the number of black holes, stars and planets in the universe.
    [*]Ditto for Palutena and her Centurions? I personally vote yes. They may not be as numerous as Lumas, but Palutena revives any who die, so it seems silly to assign an upper limit on how many she can summon that's not high.
    [*]After some revisiting Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, I think Kirby should get the Star Rod. In retrospect, it's much more analogous to the Chaos Emeralds (minus that it only appeared in one game). Unlike the Mario Star Rod, he wouldn't need to steal it to get it (it's just sitting in the Fountain of dreams) and he wouldn't need to go on a massive collection quests to other planets like he would to use the Star Ship (his Final ability in Milky Way Wishes). The only argument against him using it is it would make the citizens of Dream Land have either dreamless sleep or nightmares by removing it.
  • How many Lumas does Rosalina start with in Super Mario 3D World?
  • If she's allowed to summon Lumas in the first place.
  • Palutena should be allowed to summon her centurions.
  • So, the reason for Kirby being given the star rod is because he didn't steal it or it wasn't "a massive collection question"? (I don't know what that means.)
  • Only if that applies to everyone.
The only thing that would work as they know it.

Except they have the same animation as if they were killed by a sword slash, which we know doesn't vaporize and there's no textual evidence supporting that.

Who has a ship that they can summon that is being forbidden from using it?
I thought all vehicles were forbidden. All right, Samus has her own tier, as no one can compete now.

Just because something can harm him doesn't mean it can kill him.
Could you tell me what's harmful, but not fatal?

The Master Sword/Silver Arrows are the equivalent of a boss that can only be killed with a special technique.
That being said, it actually is true that Ganon has never been killed or truly defeated by anything but the Silver Arrows (unless you count the Master Sword petrifying a Triforce of powerless Ganon in WW).
He may have never been killed, but no one has addressed why the darkburst wouldn't work. It was an attempt on Munomario777's part that it wouldn't pull in Ganondorf because he's tall. Funnily, the space pirates are about 7' themselves. It works on ingsmashers, which are heavier than Ganondorf. He's not heavier than an ingsmasher, considering he's not some metal golem. If we go by TP's incarnation, Ganondorf is somewhat covered in plate armor, but it's already been addressed that it's not heavy, especially for someone like Ganondorf. Ganondorf escaped from the Evil Realm because of Link in WW. He escaped the Twilight Realm because of Zant. So far, there's no indication of him receiving any assistance from someone in the dark dimension that pulls in people to oblivion.

Except we are limited by the death animations.
You should step back and look at yourself and ask yourself, "If I was an outsider and looked at this argument that was presented here, would I truly accept this? After all, Dryn has pointed out as well that death animations are limited as well, and here's Munomario777 doing the same. It would appear that creating new animations costs money, so it would be preferable to use the same animation or at least have two or three more types of animations that look similar to prevent inconsistency." This would help avoid confirmation bias.

Crash vaporizes enemies because that's how the game functions. Whether that's a game mechanic or an attribute of the enemies themselves, I'm not sure. But it doesn't seem to be an attribute of the attacks themselves, since as you said, swords aren't supposed to vaporize things.
Except the description for crash says that it vaporizes. Other weapons don't have that description, but you know what? Fine. @ Nerdicon Nerdicon , all of Kirby's weapons can vaporize, therefore, all of Kirby's weapons are generating at least 2.99 gigajoules, making Kirby a rather formidable opponent.

Also, if Crash "vaporizes" enemies, then why doesn't it instantly vaporize bosses? (To my knowledge; talking off of the wiki here.)
Because bosses have more health. Remove the health (as I've been saying all this time) and the problem is gone.

In Ocarina of Time, only the Master Sword can finish off Ganondorf. This is because the Magical Sword, Four Sword, Silver Arrows, etc. aren't in that game.
So as I said to ShadowLBlue, it was the only thing they knew would work.

Except we are limited by the death animations.
You should step back and look at yourself and ask yourself, "If I was an outsider and looked at this argument that was presented here, would I truly accept this? After all, Dryn has pointed out as well that death animations are limited as well, and here's Munomario777 doing the same. It would appear that creating new animations costs money, so it would be preferable to use the same animation or at least have two or three more types of animations that look similar to prevent inconsistency." This would help avoid confirmation bias.

Crash vaporizes enemies because that's how the game functions. Whether that's a game mechanic or an attribute of the enemies themselves, I'm not sure. But it doesn't seem to be an attribute of the attacks themselves, since as you said, swords aren't supposed to vaporize things.
Except the description for crash says that it vaporizes. Other weapons don't have that description, but you know what? Fine. @ Nerdicon Nerdicon , all of Kirby's weapons can vaporize, therefore, all of Kirby's weapons are generating at least 2.99 gigajoules, making Kirby a rather formidable opponent.

Because bosses have more health. Remove the health (as I've been saying all this time) and the problem is gone.

Except swords and yo-yos do vaporize Kirby enemies. We can clearly see that in-game.
Then @ Nerdicon Nerdicon will be pleased to know that Kirby's weapons and even Kirby falling from a short distance vaporizes his opponents, thus generating 2.99 GJ.

Last edited by a moderator:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
  • How many Lumas does Rosalina start with in Super Mario 3D World?
She doesn't use Lumas in that game.
I thought all vehicles were forbidden. All right, Samus has her own tier, as no one can compete now.
*coughSoniccough*
He may have never been killed, but no one has addressed why the darkburst wouldn't work. It was an attempt on Munomario777's part that it wouldn't pull in Ganondorf because he's tall. Funnily, the space pirates are about 7' themselves. It works on ingsmashers, which are heavier than Ganondorf. He's not heavier than an ingsmasher, considering he's not some metal golem. If we go by TP's incarnation, Ganondorf is somewhat covered in plate armor, but it's already been addressed that it's not heavy, especially for someone like Ganondorf. Ganondorf escaped from the Evil Realm because of Link in WW. He escaped the Twilight Realm because of Zant. So far, there's no indication of him receiving any assistance from someone in the dark dimension that pulls in people to oblivion.
If Ganondorf isn't large enough to be immune to the darkburst, then Beast Ganon surely is:

Regardless of why the death animations are the same, they're in the game, and they are canon. All attacks seem to cause enemies to "vaporize", so Crash isn't all that special.
My point is that the vaporization seems to be an attribute of either the enemies or the game itself, neither of which would apply here.
Kirby enemies have health as well. If Crash really is vaporizing anything in its path, then why doesn't it vaporize bosses?
It's the only thing that Link had that would work, because the other Ganon-defeating weapons weren't available to him at the time. If he had the Silver Arrows, he would have been able to use them here.

Also, you posted about half of your message twice. :p

Crystanium

Smash Hero
She doesn't use Lumas in that game.
What game does she have Lumas in where they're used in battle?

*coughSoniccough*
Sonic can only travel at the speed of light for a brief time. The gunship can travel 7.2 times faster than the speed of light. Sorry.

If Ganondorf isn't large enough to be immune to the darkburst, then Beast Ganon surely is:
That incarnation has a vulnerable point that even the jaws of a wolf can inflict damage upon.

Regardless of why the death animations are the same, they're in the game, and they are canon. All attacks seem to cause enemies to "vaporize", so Crash isn't all that special.
No other weapon says they vaporize. The death animation is the same for reasons given in my aforementioned post. Deal with that or all of Kirby's attacks vaporize.

My point is that the vaporization seems to be an attribute of either the enemies or the game itself, neither of which would apply here.
It's an attribute of the attacks, apparently. Here: Lore > your opinion.

Kirby enemies have health as well. If Crash really is vaporizing anything in its path, then why doesn't it vaporize bosses?
I already said why.

It's the only thing that Link had that would work, because the other Ganon-defeating weapons weren't available to him at the time. If he had the Silver Arrows, he would have been able to use them here.
Exactly. But we're not getting anywhere here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom