• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 4: USA first MK banned national! Florida>Texas!

CY

Smash Ace
Fun tournament, everybody was cool.

But yo, you smashers need to quit playing for a little bit and sort your real life priorities out. You ******s don't have $5 to take a cab, so you rely and Jrugs to shuttle all 40 of you? Every last one should be ashamed. Had it been me with no car, I would've been at the venue already. I asked several people (over 15) if they had enough money to take a cab, none did. This is disturbing. Don't fly across the country for a VIDEEEEEOOOOOO GAMEEEEEE if you are ****ing broke. Why would you take off work if you don't have $3 to split a ****ing cab fare with someone else. Irresponsible as ****. Jrugs let someone from OoS drive his car in Houston at night with 4 other OoS people in the car. Z, you're stupid as hell for even taking his car knowing you didn't have directions.

Besides that, fun ****. Flawda got some respect, And ED is one of the coolest smashers.
dats sum reel talk mayne

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I think last year Ally and I cleaned up sync's place while we were being house lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I DID TOO MOTHER ****ER

I was there and while it wasn't as packed as this time, yeah you *******s that left a bajillion whataburger drinks wrappers and **** yeah eat my ****

Best part was doing Melee with that Janky controller LOL Ally trying to play Yoshi with that Controller was god damn hilarious

Or the Auto Knee controller... god

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I bet all of the controllers, wiis, and sleeping bags that people left were gifts to sync for his hospitality.

:phone:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
This was great but damn bus traveling is exhausting. Shoutouts later, coffee now.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I had a lot of fun at Whobo 4, guys. Thanks for the good time, and I was honored to play all of you. I apologize for performing rather badly. I can sometimes have a great start, then I lose focus or get discouraged - and play worse. I hope that I was able to be a little bit of a challenge in friendlies, at least :<

Xyro: Thanks for hosting and thanks again for letting me interview you prior to the tournament. I hope that you'll come back to the scene again, despite this being your last one. Or at least attend a tournament for fun. We will miss your crazy sense of humor.

Sync: Was pretty cool of you to house so many people. We would have helped if we weren't swamped back at our job. Thanks for giving the Smashers somewhere to stay so that they can come to this. You're also an awesome host, I'm sure you'll do fine once Xyro leaves us ;o

Illmatic: Glad to see you're doing better since we last visited you at the hospital. We didn't get to talk much, but I heard you did great with the commentary. Good stuff.

Mahabra: Thanks for cheering for me, even if I was playing like garbage.

Ed: Also, thanks for cheering for me. It was awesome to meet one of my favorite Zeldas, and you're definitely the best Zelda I have played so far. You're also fun to talk to, and I appreciate you coaching me a little bit on some of my matches. Thanks for the support. Your region is win (:

Ryo: I'll have you know that after doing dubs against you, my partner and I played worse, so I totally blame you. Joking xD But yeah, congratulations on doing so well. People were really hyped at your matches.

ESAM: No wonder you main Pikachu, you're so energetic! You knew how to keep the place lively, and it was fun playing you. Sorry for playing so badly on our Mid/Low tier singles match - I know I could have done better. I was not used to fighting an aggro Samus at all, it totally threw me off. Hope to play your Pikachu next time, and in doing so, hopefully I'll play better too. Congratulations on winning ^_^

Nick Riddle: Your ZSS is just sick. Even if you do have a pocket Zelda and have some experience in the matchup, I still feel bad that I didn't do better. Keep it up!

YoshQ: You were one of the funnest people I played on there. Your reactions were funny too, I enjoyed our matches. Your Luigi is beast.

Gladiel_Vstar: Was nice to play your Pit offline for once. I tried really hard in our matches, which is good, because my focus slips fairly quickly. Thanks for talking to me too, you're fun to talk to. I also liked that you're open to ideas and changing things, and giving your own suggestions.

Everyone else: Thank you for playing me. I enjoyed playing with everyone, and those that I didn't play, then hopefully there will be a next time.

* AND SHOUTOUTS TO THE GUY WHO WAS WAVING AT THE CROWD OF PEOPLE THAT WOULD PEER AT US FROM THE GLASS. AND THEY WOULD WAVE BACK. THAT WAS HILARIOUS *

Gnes

Smash Master
This tourney was super fun, even with me/razer getting ***** in teams.
Early shoutouts from off the top of my head...

MJG, PJ, Jerm, P4, Kbot, Esca, Gucci, Abe, and others-We did work in so many ways no one will understand LMAO.
Kilik-When we were talking during the Ryo/True vs Trel/Ally set, too good. I was dying. Ryo's reads were too strong
Ryo-Lmao I told you at sync's you would **** everyone, but dear god, I had no idea. Keep it going broski.
Kansas Marvel Crew-fun friendlies, Honestly I could have kept playing for hours. It really is like crack lol.
Xyro- Thanks for hosting this tourney and thanks for single handily convincing me to come. I actually had a good time.
Shaky- I'm so glad you came to this tourney. Your like one of the nicest guys ever, and you ***** at this tourney. Your win over Dark Trela was too freaking good. Oh and thanks for beating me in teams with any team partner I choose :(.
Illmatic- Go play guitar...oh and pick up marvel. Seriously.

More once I get home and actually think about everyone I talked too and stuff.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Not good with shoutouts, but best I can do is at least posting I guess.

Sync: Thanks for housing and dealing with our horrible sense of directions.

Kirby: Thank you for driving SA to the tournament and back for both days, was nice meeting you.

Tesh: Thanks for paying my singles... despite me getting a hard pool.

Everyone else: Hope to see you all again once I get money in my pocket for another Houston tournament and a better attitude.
Also was fun commentating, but looked horrible and didn't like being on the camera most of the time so I just sat next to the commentators 90% of the time.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I bet all of the controllers, wiis, and sleeping bags that people left were gifts to sync for his hospitality.

Bags of money would be better.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well there was an empty manpurse left at the venue that I put in Sync's TO box.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
This tourney was super fun, even with me/razer getting ***** in teams.
Early shoutouts from off the top of my head...

MJG, PJ, Jerm, P4, Kbot, Esca, Gucci, Abe, and others-We did work in so many ways no one will understand LMAO.
Kilik-When we were talking during the Ryo/True vs Trel/Ally set, too good. I was dying. Ryo's reads were too strong
Ryo-Lmao I told you at sync's you would **** everyone, but dear god, I had no idea. Keep it going broski.
Kansas Marvel Crew-fun friendlies, Honestly I could have kept playing for hours. It really is like crack lol.
Xyro- Thanks for hosting this tourney and thanks for single handily convincing me to come. I actually had a good time.
Shaky- I'm so glad you came to this tourney. Your like one of the nicest guys ever, and you ***** at this tourney. Your win over Dark Trela was too freaking good. Oh and thanks for beating me in teams with any team partner I choose :(.
Illmatic- Go play guitar...oh and pick up marvel. Seriously.

More once I get home and actually think about everyone I talked too and stuff.
No Fliphop shoutout. I hate you.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Had a great time, loved the event.
Thanks to Xyro, Inui, and Sync for running the tournament.

Shoutouts to literally EVERYONE that attended. Enjoyed meeting all the new people and gaining a lot of new friends in this community.

I'm pretty much done with smash for a while. I may travel to a few things here and there due to living with Sync and Pj, but I'm focusing on other stuff now. Won't be on smashboards as much.

The BBR is interviewing players in the competitive discussion boards, if anyone wants me to be interviewed - vote for me in this thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317519&page=59

Thanks to everyone who enjoyed my commentary.
Didn't think people would actually like it that much, just said stuff and acted like myself.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I have a very bad feeling about this....

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
You can't escape, xyro. Whobo 5 next summer, yeeeaaahhh!!!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Make a Winter HOBO. Then you can call it WHOBO, but it's not World HOBO, so you can keep your word of retiring WHOBO but still host a WHOBO. Cause damn it's hot there in the summer.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Make a Winter HOBO. Then you can call it WHOBO, but it's not World HOBO, so you can keep your word of retiring WHOBO but still host a WHOBO. Cause damn it's hot there in the summer.
Chibo! Chibo! Chibo! Chibo!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This is Houston. It's always hot and humid weather.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
We are not ****ing running a CHOBO

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
IGN said 2013. not sakurai. IGN has no idea how far in development the game is.
Finally someone else recognized this lmao. I saw this and passed over the news cause it meant nothing while everyone else is up in arms over it.

CHOBO 5.

Come move to Texas, Chibo.
I'd say Texas is a top 2 place in the US for game development, so in all honesty, it's possible that I could in the future. Then I'll start the CHOBO series if Xyro hasn't already lol

---

20 videos remain

Literally been uploading videos straight since I got home yesterday until all throughout work today lol

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
IGN said 2013. not sakurai. IGN has no idea how far in development the game is.
Yea I seen that but still the game engine is confirmed completed so im guessing if they start now we should have it by 2014 at the latest. Now that I think about it 2013 is kinda early. Dont want them to rush it and the game turns out to be a sloppy joe mess. Simply add melee mechanics with brawl graphics and we have smash 4. :awesome:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yea, it's already been confirmed for a while now that they're building it off of the Brawl engine. It doesn't mean that it will play like Brawl, but they are able to re-use a lot of code taking out most of the grunt work. When they went from Melee to Brawl, they remade the entire game completely from scratch.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I hope Ice Climbers don't come back to the next installment then >_>

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Melee IC are kinda cool

Brawl IC are...

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Brawl engine? Hmm I dont have a problem with the brawl engine but would like the learning curve to be like melee so the game can actually last and be appreciated. Melee numbers are still consistent after all the years because of how the strong those game mechanics are made similar to games like mvc2/cvs2 and so forth. Just my opinion...

Top Bottom