• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Would You Rather See In Brawl #1 - Wolf O'Donnell Or Krystal

Who Would You Rather See In Brawl #1 - Wolf O'Donnell Or Krystal?

• Dude, Star Wolf all the way!

Votes: 183 46.0%
  • Krystal's got the goods to be in Brawl!

Votes: 176 44.2%
  • I don't really have a preference

Votes: 39 9.8%

• Total voters

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I like it how all the Krystal supporters say that no one has come up with a good reason for Wolf to be in. When most of the reasons are for both Wolf and Krystal are the same.

For example:

"OMG Krystal would not be a clone she uses a staff."

"OMG Wolf would not be a clone he has a laser eye."

"Krystal is more important b/c she is Fox's love interest."

"Wolf is more important b/c he is Fox's rival."

"Krystal is hot!"

"Wolf looks cool."

Now does any1 see the resemblence between the 2 arguments. Also don't say that you haven't said anything like that b/c more than likely, you have.
your argument fails in multiple areas.

1) A staff is a whole moveset.
2) A robotic eye is not necesarily a laser eye; even if it were, it's not a whole moveset or even near.
3) Only Wolf supporters bring up the point that Krystal is fox's love interest. Krystal supporters are actually inteligent enough to find actual reasons that make her a better choice than Wolf.
4) Pretty much the same thing as #3 but now the point is "Krystal is hot"

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
An your argument fails in multiple areas.

1) How do you know what can and can't make a moveset who are you the God of Smash?
2) Look in the Krystal thread. It's been said a million times.
3) Also look in the Krystal thread. Cpt. Fabulous has said it over and over.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

1) How do you know what can and can't make a moveset who are you the God of Smash?
1) An eye that does not have the ability to shoot lasers can't be used to make an entire moveset, not even a "B" button moveset for that matter. And even i it can shoot lasers there is no way that it would be incorperated into "A" button moves.... oh noes... his Robotic eye fails! :p

2 and 3) Yeah, and you aren't arguing with them right now. Why don't you try that in a real debate, responding to a point not made by the opposing team. :ohwell:

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Sonic The Hedgedawg said:
Only Wolf supporters bring up the point that Krystal is fox's love interest. Krystal supporters are actually inteligent enough to find actual reasons that make her a better choice than Wolf.
You said Krystal supporters so I quoted a Krystal supporter.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
You said Krystal supporters so I quoted a Krystal supporter.
what was your point in this post? are you so desparate for a counterargument that you just quote my post and spew forth some meaningless prattle that you think makes you sound witty?

Nothing in this post remotely resembles a relevent point.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Read your post b4 my last one it was in regards to points 2 and 3. Stop trying to make yourself seem smart b/c when it comes down to it you're arguing over a video game.

Captain Fabulous

Smash Journeyman

LOL i love how im known for this all over smashboards anyway continue...

for #3 that is

Crom

Smash Journeyman
It is a fact that Krystal is less likely to be a clone. Not an opinion.

And it's a darn poor example saying that she'll be a Zelda clone since there is pretty much no way that that is possile
Yeah, in your opinion it's fact that kystal is less likely to be a clone.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Maybe thats because she's a character made by Rare, just as Diddy Kong is.
Nintendo fanboys tend to pick on these characters, even though they are more awesome then most (and in my oppinion all) of the real first party characters.

Rare ftw!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
F*ck Krystal. I've always hated her.
how convincing.

I kinda agre with Crom, wjile I would like to see both in, Wolf movesets seem to have more diversety than Krystal movesets. Most Krystal movesets are the same B is Fire Blast, Foward B is ice Blast, Up B is staff boost, etc., while qwith wolf we have him using his claws, different weapons in different ways, and even his robotic eye. IMO, Wolf movesets have more appeal. Anyways, I hope both will be in.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
DDK that doesn't make any sense b/c Wolf is a Rare character too.
No, he's not. Wolf debuted in Star Fox 64, which was developed by Nintendo. Krystal was actually first concieved for a game for the N64 called Dinosaur Planet (I believe). The game was being developed by Rare, but Miyamoto saw it, and asked them if he could make it into a Star Fox game instead. (anybody who knows more about this game, please feel free to correct me) So, technically, Krystal is a rare character. Wolf isn't.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
I believe I have just learned something today. But doesn't that make Wolf's chances higher seeing as there is still some bad blood between Nintendo and Rare.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Not really. Krystal is owned by Nintendo just as much as Diddy Kong (another Rare creation) is. When rare left Nintendo, they left behind everything they made that pertained to any of Nintendo's franchises, like SF and DKC. Anything brand new from Rare, like Banjo-Kazooie, stayed with Rare. So, where Krystal came from doesn't really afffect either Wolf's or Krystal's chances.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
No, he's not. Wolf debuted in Star Fox 64, which was developed by Nintendo. Krystal was actually first concieved for a game for the N64 called Dinosaur Planet (I believe). The game was being developed by Rare, but Miyamoto saw it, and asked them if he could make it into a Star Fox game instead. (anybody who knows more about this game, please feel free to correct me) So, technically, Krystal is a rare character. Wolf isn't.
Both Rare and Nintendo agreed on the idea, because Rare dicided to scratch the project instead of remaking it for the Gamecube, and Nintendo was going to make their own Star Fox Adventures game in the Lylat system, so they decided tro merge the project together with the scrapped plans for Dinosaur planet. Rare was never "forced" into making it with Star Fox characters.

OFF TOPIC: Why does everyone think Star Fox 64 was developed by Rare? The only Star Fox game they did was Adventures

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Both Rare and Nintendo agreed on the idea, because Rare dicided to scratch the project instead of remaking it for the Gamecube, and Nintendo was going to make their own Star Fox Adventures game in the Lylat system, so they decided tro merge the project together with the scrapped plans for Dinosaur planet. Rare was never "forced" into making it with Star Fox characters.
Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't know a lot about Dinosaur Planet, so I wasn't completely sure about the details. Also, did I make it sound like Rare was forced into it? I didn't mean too, because I know that they weren't. Sorry about that. ^_^"

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't know a lot about Dinosaur Planet, so I wasn't completely sure about the details. Also, did I make it sound like Rare was forced into it? I didn't mean too, because I know that they weren't. Sorry about that. ^_^"
No, you didn't, but everyone likes to blame Nintendo for making it suck by saying crap like "OMG! NINTENDO FORCED RARE INTO MAKING IT WITH STARFOX CHACRTERS INSTEAD OF THE ORIGINAL ONES! THOSE *******S! THEY MADE THE GAME SUCK!" and stuff like that.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion

OFF TOPIC: Why does everyone think Star Fox 64 was developed by Rare? The only Star Fox game they did was Adventures
Wow... The whole Dinosaur Planet debacle makes sense now... Where'd you find that out HMBG? At any rate, I hope the original N64 version beta shows up in ROM format at some point in the future, as it won't make it to the VC thanks to Microsoft gobbling up Rare... :mad:
Oh well... I can still hope to play Earthbound 64...
(Despite how good Mother 3 may be, I'd still like to see how it would have been on the N64...)

Captain Fabulous

Smash Journeyman
No, you didn't, but everyone likes to blame Nintendo for making it suck by saying crap like "OMG! NINTENDO FORCED RARE INTO MAKING IT WITH STARFOX CHACRTERS INSTEAD OF THE ORIGINAL ONES! THOSE *******S! THEY MADE THE GAME SUCK!" and stuff like that.
yea what the hell? i don't get why people say that. peronally i think it made the game WAY better than it would have been....

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Krystal. Because every Mario needs his Peach. Because Every Link needs his Zelda. Because every Kirby needs his Jigglypuff (eww.)

That's why.

That and the staff kicks ***.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Waluigi is a generic Mario filler character that could be replaced with a goomba and not many people would notice

hemightbegiant said:
Actually they were going to finish the game for the 64 then Nintendo suggested they move it to the Gamecube and then Miyamoto said that Sabre looked like Fox, Rare agreed and it became Starfox adventures, Nintendo did pressure them to release it earlier though.

hemightbegiant said:
Because Rare made all the best games on the 64 Banjo Kazooie, DK64, Banjo Tooie, Diddy Kong Pilot, Goldeneye etc. so people asumed they made that awsome game too, at least that's what I thought.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Waluigi is a generic Mario filler character that could be replaced with a goomba and not many people would notice
lolz, he's actually kinda fun to use with Luigi in doubles in Mario Tennis

Actually they were going to finish the game for the 64 then Nintendo suggested they move it to the Gamecube and then Miyamoto said that Sabre looked like Fox, Rare agreed and it became Starfox adventures, Nintendo did pressure them to release it earlier though.
I didn't read that they were going to make it to the gamecube, but our stories are similar. I just want, people to know that Nintendo didn't "force" Rare into making it their way, thay also agreed on it.

OFF TOPIC: If Dinosaur Planet was made with original charatcers, do you think instead of wanting Krystal, we'd all be suggesting Sabre with the staff for Brawl?

Because Rare made all the best games on the 64 Banjo Kazooie, DK64, Banjo Tooie, Diddy Kong Pilot, Goldeneye etc. so people asumed they made that awsome game too, at least that's what I thought.
Are we to assume Rare also made Super Mario 64, Wave Race 64, 1080 Snowboarding, Super Smash BRos, Paper Mario, F-Zero X, etc:laugh: But I agree, Rare did make some awesome games on the 64, and their original titles "Grabbed by the Ghoulies" and "Kameo" on the XBox and XBox 360 arn't too bad either.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Waluigi is cool looking? well... don't judge a book by it's cover.

And ontopic, i prefer Wolf, but i want both Wolf and Krystal to get in Brawl (but i have a sneaking suspicion that only Krystal will... :()
I really don't like him that much, but I do like the way he looks. It reminds me of **** Dastardly only in Mario form.

In Mario Kart DD, put Waluigi in the front of the car that you'r driving and put Baby Bowser and it's like you got Dastardly and Muttly all over again.

Top Bottom