• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who would you rather Ike replace? Roy or Marth?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
That can't really make Roy unique now that Ike is in with a ranged sword because the only remotley interesting thing about Roy was the fact that his sword had a ranged attack.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
You can't base Roy off Ike - not this early.

We hardly know any of Ike's moves, how he'll play, how heavy he is, how much power he's got, or how his specials could work; It's fair to say that Ike could differ greatly from the current Roy/Marth in Melee as well.

I'm sick of people saying that Ike's going to replace the FE chars. His up-b varies significantly from the other's - when did Roy or Marth THROW their weapon? When did they do numerous sumersaults? When were they invincible to damage?

And that neutral b doesn't look like it's going to be the same as Roy or Marth's. It's fire. It burns things, and it likely won't have a lot of punch (ala Smaus' aoe fire, and Bowser's). Don't get me wrong though, I don't think this is impossible, I'm just throwing some viewpoints out there.

I'd perfer for Roy only to return, as I can't stand Marth's style, and the fact that most n00bs main him, and that they can indeed pwn with his idiotic spams of fsmash, counter, or ariels.

All they have to do is tone Roy's power down a tad, and globalize the damage on his sword - like Link's.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I really think it would be a stupid idea for 1 Fire Emblem game to get 2 characters from the same game. I mean the series branches out into 10 games, doesn't it seem silly to use characters from only one of them?

GenG

Smash Lord
Seriously, it would be dumb if there were two blue-haired swordsmen. Ike already is much more creative than Marth is, and we haven't seen all of his moves yet!

Seriously... let's remove Jigglypuff too, we don't need two pink puffballs.

And Peach, because of course, two princesses are too much for this game.

Pit indeed would be a Link clone, because he has a bow too.

Luigi is just Mario in green, so yes, let's cut him too.

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
You can't base Roy off Ike - not this early.

We hardly know any of Ike's moves, how he'll play, how heavy he is, how much power he's got, or how his specials could work; It's fair to say that Ike could differ greatly from the current Roy/Marth in Melee as well.

I'm sick of people saying that Ike's going to replace the FE chars. His up-b varies significantly from the other's - when did Roy or Marth THROW their weapon? When did they do numerous sumersaults? When were they invincible to damage?

And that neutral b doesn't look like it's going to be the same as Roy or Marth's. It's fire. It burns things, and it likely won't have a lot of punch (ala Smaus' aoe fire, and Bowser's). Don't get me wrong though, I don't think this is impossible, I'm just throwing some viewpoints out there.

I'd perfer for Roy only to return, as I can't stand Marth's style, and the fact that most n00bs main him, and that they can indeed pwn with his idiotic spams of fsmash, counter, or ariels.

All they have to do is tone Roy's power down a tad, and globalize the damage on his sword - like Link's.
Very well said. However, the only reason Marth would have an edge is because he's the original lord. Also, Roy was completely screwed out of any reach he would've had because of that "center of the sword" crap. He's still more fun to use though.

LadyDeathAnji

Smash Rookie
My personal favorite is Marth , but I think him nor Roy should be replaced. Whether either will be is a different story, however. Who knows? Honestly I think Lyn has no real place in SSBB, but that's my opinion, of course.

LadyDeathAnji

Smash Rookie
As for Ike...Well, I dunno what he's doing in the lineup either...lol
I say stick with the chars that most people know or are familiar with when it comes to replacing Marth and Roy. Well...two posts is already enough so I'm out! XD

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
As for Ike...Well, I dunno what he's doing in the lineup either...lol
I say stick with the chars that most people know or are familiar with when it comes to replacing Marth and Roy. Well...two posts is already enough so I'm out! XD
Hence Ike's presence.

lyonartime333

Smash Rookie
west virginia(the state not western virginia)
ok since im a FE fanatic, ill give any1 who isnt a lowdown.

in total, there are 10 FE games(counting the new 1 for the wii) 6 of those were only out in jpn. marth was in the very fisrt 1 and roy was in the 6th. the 7th game (the first in america) was a prequel to the 6th. the main char. (called lords) for the 7th were lyn(a super fast sword fighter) hector (an axe wielding hulk) and eliwood (roys dad, a knight). Ike was the lord of the 9th game, a mercenary-turned-general. He uses a large and awesome claymore (called ragnell that was blessed by the goddess) with 1 hand. it has the ability 2 attack at range useing wind (i think, could be magic). the black knight was also in the 9th game, he was ike arch nemisis. He killed ike's dad (who also trained him 2 fight) and has a sword like ike's (called adolite)

now on 2 smash bros.:

the fire emblem siries is very old and rarely uses the same main character twice. that mens they could always use new FE char. in every game. my guess is that they will scrap both marth and roy in exchange for ike and the black knight(even though marth was my fav char. in melee:( ). they have already said that they wanted more villians in this game, and the black night fits in perfectly. i imagine ike will be more like roy except stronger and without the flame moves, and the black knight would slightly faster and less powerful than gannon and with a sword for range.
thats my opinion thaks for reading it without getting bored:)

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
in total, there are 10 FE games(counting the new 1 for the wii) 6 of those were only out in jpn. marth was in the very fisrt 1 now on 2 smash bros.:

the fire emblem siries is very old and rarely uses the same main character twice. that mens they could always use new FE char. in every game.

By that Logic Marth should stay since he appeared in more than 1 FE game. Since he had a sequel he should appear in melee's sequel.

Marth is a very important character to the series and deserves a spot. He's certainly more important than The Black Knight and if you include both his FE fans and his melee fans (since we're trying to please both) he's definately more popular.

BTW the Black Knight has Blue Hair so don't give me that "we can't have two blue haired swordsmen" excuse.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
better in what ways?
Just make Link all around a better character. I main Link so of course I want him to be the best swordsman in the game.

Actually I think I'll try Ike from the start, and I hope he is just added and not replacing either of them.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i could see gannondorf switching between his hand to hand moveset with new magic b moves, and a moveset using his 2 handed sword

blinkd

Smash Cadet
Marth would make more sense to replace because having two heavy Fire Emblem character would be bad.That in mind...LYN FOR BRAWL!!!

max_da_ling

Smash Cadet
I'd rather see them both cut, but I think Roy is more likely to go. Brawl needs to put in some FE characters that aren't sword users. Ike has been announced, sporting his larger sword than Marth or Roy, so I think one sword user from FE is enough. There's many characters in the Fire Emblem world to put in Brawl, I wouldn't mind cutting Marth and Roy to see more new characters.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Have you noticed that the people who want to get rid of Marth have some kind of personal problem with him. As far as representing the FE franchise goes there's no reason to get rid of him.

BTW to the guy who said Marth was heavy. WTF

Truce

Smash Cadet
Roy's gettin' kicked.

Ike can wield a two-handed sword with only one, and is unflinching during some of his moves. All of that reads heavy. Roy = Heavy, Strong. Ike = Same Thing. See what I'm getting at?

And no, I don't care how skinny he is. All anime characters are frickin skinny.

Top Bottom