• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will be the first newcomers revealed for Smash 4? (Expect first trailer at E3!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember that Brawl went for the tactic of having almost all the newcomers be starters. The only new unlocks were Lucario, ROB and the Third parties.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Possibly Taka or Mac too, but that would mean we get two retro reveals which seems unlikely..
Little Mac isn't retro anymore.

He had a successful game on the Wii.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I dont even know who Shulk/Saki/Takamaru are....
Feels so good to finally get that of my chest.
Here is Shulk. The hero of Xenoblade.

Here is Saki. He is the hero of the first Sin and Punishment game. He was in Brawl as an assist trophy.

Here is Takamaru. The Hero of Nazo no Murasme-jō. He's most people pick for a retro character.

Hope that helped. EDIT: Darn collapse tags. Just look at the last one for Takamaru.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I remember Saki from brawl no you mentioned it. I think if any one of those chsrs get in they would be high up there in the tier list.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think these guys will be revealed:
1. Shulk
2. Ridley
3. Palutena
4. Isa
5. Balloon Fighter
6. Professor Layton
7. Megaman (OR Quote)

I would've added Takamaru, but revealing a character who is mostly known only in Japan would probably be best to show later. (Marth & Roy Melee reveal risk esque)
I'm not sure about Balloon Fighter and Quote. Their chances are too low.

@Swampasaur
Whoa, what's with the Spoilers going crazy?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I don't think we can predict who exactly will be announced, but I made some thinking and I think these are the general lines Sakurai should/will follow:

- One character from a new, fresh franchise. Most likely Shulk, but they could go all the way and put the Wonderfuls in it.
- One character very requested, and in these I put Little Mac, Ridley, Mewtwo and King K. Rool.
- One character from a well known franchise already represented in Sm4sh, and possibly not very expected. In these I include Paper Mario for example, or some pokémon like Genesect. Or maybe Bowser Jr., or Impa/Ghirahim/whoever new character Zelda will have.
- One character showing a complete revamped moveset. This could be Luigi in his Dark Moon outfit, or Ganondorf with finally the moveset he deserves. Possibly Pit using some of the weapons in Uprising.
- One Namco/Bandai character. I didn't say "third party" because I think that Namco is obviously in a special position this time around. Technically is still third party obviously, but though... Pac-Man is my bet (a new Mario Kart GP gets released in Japan this summer), but pretty much anything could happen.
- One third party character again. Capcom's Megaman, Level-5's Layton... Endless possibilities.

Also an unexpected character falling into these categories:

- One completely unexpected obscure retro character and I mean really unexpected. "People don't know who he is" level unexpected. This is hard to pull off but I trust Sakurai. Hanafuda would be a perfect example.
- One character considered almost by everyone impossible. Geno, Banjo-Kazooie, something like that.
- One original character, alternatively, which will be the main villain of the new story mode.

This is assuming the trailer will show a bunch of characters, I'm expecting 5 or 6. Pretty much everybody is expecting 5 so it would be fun from Sakurai to add a sixth character post-trailer, like Snake in the Brawl one. Especially if it's the obscure one.

My final picks are: Shulk, Little Mac, Paper Mario, Luigi with the new moveset, Pac-Man and Professor Layton. For the unexpected, I can't really say, but I think someone will actually show up.

Also I would like the trailer to have some hints for the rampaging speculations which will flow after the reveal.
Something like a tiny blue things running in the background hinting at Sonic, for example.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Or maybe at the very end of the trailer after all the excitement... It goes dark and eerie. Then we see these piercing yellow eyes light up in the darkness... And the trailer ends.

We don't know for sure, but they looked alot like Ridleys glowing yellow eyes.
(since most people agree he suits unlockability, this would be the best way to hint at him and generate hype without being a spoiler).

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Or maybe at the very end of the traileer all the excitement... It goes dark and eerie. Then we see these piercing yellow eyes light up in the darkness... And the trailer ends.

We don't know for sure, but they looked alot like Ridleys glowing yellow eyes.
(since most people agree he suits unlockability, this would be the best way to hint at him and generate hype without being a spoiler).
If its Mewtwos eyes peepz would know no doubt but yh that would be nuts.

Also you know how brawls trailer was set just randomly..i think this trailer would like have some meaning to it or something like based of the story.

Also.. I have a feeli

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I know geno probably won't be in sm4sh, but he would be a cool character to include in the trailer so people could look him up and not be WTF is this guy? (me with R.O.B. btw)

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
If its Mewtwos eyes peepz would know no doubt but yh that would be nuts.

Also you know how brawls trailer was set just randomly..i think this trailer would like have some meaning to it or something like based of the story.

Also.. I have a feeli
Yesss, I really hope it does relate to the story and create some suspense.
They can definitely improve on Brawls trailer which was boring from a cinematical standpoint.

Edit: you didn't finish that last sentence.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yesss, I really hope it does relate to the story and create some suspense.
They can definitely improve on Brawls trailer which was boring from a cinematical standpoint.

Edit: you didn't finish that last sentence.
That was my phone just being ********...
they gotta show either K.Rool/Ridley/Mewtwo though plz...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Regarding the first newcomers, I'd probably say...

Isaac
Takamaru
Saki
Starfy

Afterwards, a teaser would be shown, revealing the return of Sonic.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
That was exactly why I said it. XD
oh.

...well this is awkward.

wait. the earliest date I could find of mewthree on google was april 6, and your post was april 3....
CAN YOU SEE THE FUTURE?

EDIT: is there a mew(three?) thread yet? if not, Imma make one!

EDIT(again): there WAS one. it was locked. i dunno if I want to make one anymore...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
oh.

...well this is awkward.

wait. the earliest date I could find of mewthree on google was april 6, and your post was april 3....
CAN YOU SEE THE FUTURE?

Yes. I'm psychic. :troll:

The leak happened around that time. None of us were really sure if we believed it though.

And technically that is just a new form of Mewtwo, so there is no need to make a new thread.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
oh.

...well this is awkward.

CAN YOU SEE THE FUTURE?

EDIT(again): there WAS one. it was locked. i dunno if I want to make one anymore...
That Pokemon IS Mewtwo, but in its so-called "Awakened Forme".

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Well it's not like you have to use it. Then again, if it is playable, you will have to use it in order to unlock all the secrets.
?
I think you misunderstood me. I would of rather have this mewtwo as a seperate pokemon than the original.

then again, if this mewtwo was in ssb4 it would probably be like the warioware/wario land wario setup but for mewtwo. I am okay with that.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
I'm aware of that. Just wish someone at Nintendo was like, "Hey that guy was cool. Let's get the rights to him and put him in more games."
IIRC the lore in the rest of the mario rpgs are pretty similar with the seven stars and all. It's not like Geno couldn't comeback to help collect them again.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'm aware of that. Just wish someone at Nintendo was like, "Hey that guy was cool. Let's get the rights to him and put him in more games."
IIRC the lore in the rest of the mario rpgs are pretty similar with the seven stars and all. It's not like Geno couldn't comeback to help collect them again.
I would be amazed if geno and mallow were seperate characters in the WiiU mario kart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom