• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will be the first newcomers revealed for Smash 4? (Expect first trailer at E3!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
In the case of Olimar we don't have a reference point for him compared to another characters from SSB., but in SSB. we have Samus as a reference point for Ridley, which shows that he is too big compared to her, in that case we can't change the scale difference easily trust me it will feel wrong....
Except it's clear that Olimar is minuscule, considering the treasures in Pikmin games are everyday objects that are huge compared to Olimar.

Suddenly, in Smash, we have him to be slightly shorter than normal sized human characters like Snake and Samus.

We have Samus as a reference point for Ridley. Sure, we do have a reference right here:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know such argument will go around with no end, so I shall end it now and we will see once we have a look at the game.
Aww....

I wanted to see your reaction to my post....

:(

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In the case of Olimar we don't have a reference point for him compared to another characters from SSB., but in SSB. we have Samus as a reference point for Ridley, which shows that he is too big compared to her, in that case we can't change the scale difference easily trust me it will feel wrong....

False.

One of the treasures in Pikmin 2 is the head of a ROB. Olimar is the size of its eyesocket.

D

Deleted member

IIRC, one of the Pikmin game's manuals had a size chart comparing the little Olimar to Mario.
In the words of one animated Mario parody: "SQUISH HIM!!!"

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
IIRC, one of the Pikmin game's manuals had a size chart comparing the little Olimar to Mario.
In the words of one animated Mario parody: "SQUISH HIM!!!"
Which parody would this be? It sounds interesting!

I wonder... Has anyone given thought to a COMPLETELY unexpected newcomer? Kind of like Sheik and ZSS?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
There's probably going to be an unexpected newcomer, at least one in the trailer and maybe two more in the full game. At least imho.
Maybe a third party will be one of those (Yoshimitsu rulez).
I have two more in my signature lol, who knows.

D

Deleted member

I wonder... Has anyone given thought to a COMPLETELY unexpected newcomer? Kind of like Sheik and ZSS?
Look up Thwomps: The Movie.

And giving thought towards a character would not exactly make them completely unexpected. :troll:
Unless you mean given thought that one might happen, in which case, yes.

D

Deleted member

Not really. Can't really think of anything to be honest except maybe a new Pikmin character?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
LOL NES Metroid is retconned out.... Zero Mission is where it's at. :troll:

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
As much as I would love to see Mewtwo, I have a sinking feeling that he will lose his spot to a newer Pokemon character....

Chrom is a definite character I wanna see though, as are Palutena and Ridley.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I think you guys are focusing on the wrong concerns about Ridley. The point has been proven that he's not too big. If anything he might be too small for SSB?

Anyway, the main concern I have is that he is too purple to be playable.
FACT: Sakurai has NEVER chosen a playable character as purple as Ridley in ANY SUPER SMASH BROTHER GAME EVER.
What reason do we have to think he might change his mind and start now?

If he was ever planned he would've been in Brawl already, so it's proven how Sakurai views Ridley to be too purple, so Ridley supporters don't get your hopes high...

Maybe he should be Wario's tights?

(^ What anti-Ridleyists sound like)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
No DBZ characters unless we got Mii characters. I wanna play as Oprah Mii where she's battling over 9000 Penis-Face Miis in Endless Brawl. :troll:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Hey you never know with some people. I have friends who are complete idiots and are like, "I still think Goku would be awesome." Yet I have explained to them countless times why it would ruin the game. Sheesh :dizzy:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hey you never know with some people. I have friends who are complete idiots and are like, "I still think Goku would be awesome." Yet I have explained to them countless times why it would ruin the game. Sheesh :dizzy:
The question shouldn't be why it would ruin the game, but why they won't simply appear in Smash.

Of course there's a difference between wishing for a character and think that a character will get in because you wish so to happen.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Did you that the Dragonball games are developed by Namco Bandai. At least there is a possibility.
Null argument. Namco Bandai is not the owner of Dragon Ball franchise. They only develop the games and that's that.

And unless Sakurai changes his views on which third party can get in, there won't be anime characters in Smash Bros. ever. So no, there's no possibility of Goku or other Dragon Ball characters appearing in Smash.

All you can do is dream with DBZ characters in Smash every night or play Super Smash Flash 2.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Thanks for repeating my statement.
Namco Bandai is in partnership in making SSB4.
Goku is at least a possibility.
And unless Sakurai changes his views on which third party can get in, there won't be anime characters in Smash Bros. ever. So no, there's no possibility of Goku or other Dragon Ball characters appearing in Smash.
Learn to read?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I really hope BluePikmin is trolling, because anyone who seriously thinks Goku has a chance is fairly deluded.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I really hope BluePikmin is trolling, because anyone who seriously thinks Goku has a chance is fairly deluded.
It's not his first time doing such a thing... he's the same guy who thought Nester would have a chance.

It's likely trolling.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
BluePikmin loves to troll. We've seen it countless times before...

But they make for a good laugh. :laugh:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I TOLD YOU HE WAS TROLLING. But in the case that he isn't, it's going to be a hard time explaining if he didn't get it the first time.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am going to take a guess on

1. Palutena
2. Little Mac
3. Ridley
4. Bowser Jr/Waluigi
5. Isaac
6. Pac-Man

Vets revealed: Mario, Kirby, Link, Pikachu, Fox, and perhaps Sonic for hype.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think i'm going to guess Ridley/K.Rool, Palutena, 3rd Party, Takamaru and or Little Mac, Shulk, and a Mario rep.

Ridley or K.Rool to add some hype, Palutena because she could take the female spot (based off of the Brawl and Melee trailers), 3rd party for obvious reasons, Takamaru or Little Mac for the retro, and then Shulk and a Mario rep (hell, any other character rep) just because they are among popular choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom