• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will be the first newcomers revealed for Smash 4? (Expect first trailer at E3!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Geno did make a Cameo in Superstar Saga but even then they had to get Square's permission.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I wouldn't take that to mean better in the sense that it will reveal more characters.

He could mean it'll be better cinematically. Or he could mean it reveals more new features or additions to gameplay.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
OW, my hype!

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I already made a wishy washy guess with alot of if's and maybe's.
But my final no BS guess is:

1) Shulk
2) Palutena
3) Little Mac
4) Pac-Man

Everyone else of the most likely newcomers just don't seem like starter material and therefore should not be revealed in an early trailer.

While coincidentally they seem to fill the forumula used in previous trailers (i.e. Popular new series male lead, female, retro and shock third party).

I know Little Mac has been in a recent release, but he can still fill the purpose of the retro addition with Pac also helping out in that regard to attract the older demographic.
Anyone doubting Pac-Man needs to think twice.

Exceptions:
- Takamaru may have fit also, but why would they waste the reveal of a Japan only character at a Los Angeles convention?
- Chrom may also fit, but I just see it as too safe and wouldn't generate as much excitement. For Brawl Ike fit but was held back as the first reveal for the DOJO.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
They take sides from west and east ofc you know that.

They would show like a heavily requested west and east char.

Also cant they just show awsome chars...and not go by brawls..logic that there gonna be starter chars...

Me and im sure alot others would like to see either Mewtwo/K.Rool/Ridley show up in the trailer even though i think them 3 are suited to be unlockables no doubt.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
They take sides from west and east ofc you know that.

They would show like a heavily requested west and east char.

Also cant they just show awsome chars...and not go by brawls..logic that there gonna be starter chars...

Me and im sure alot others would like to see either Mewtwo/K.Rool/Ridley show up in the trailer even though i think them 3 are suited to be unlockables no doubt.
I prefer to be surprised and have no idea who the unlockables are when I'm playing the game happily and then suddenly out of nowhere Ridley pops up as a new challenger and I start bouncing off the walls in shock and excitement :chuckle:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I prefer to be surprised and have no idea who the unlockables are when I'm playing the game happily and then suddenly out of nowhere Ridley pops up as a new challenger and I start bouncing off the walls in shock and excitement :chuckle:
No doubt i hear you loud and clear anything to get that childish shock/suprise again but When/if theDoJo roles around and they start throwing chars at us...the temptation will be beyond un-bare able...way worse than brawl because that game sucked and this wont/wont as hard that is ...

Also with how gay the internet is nowadayz nothing is a secret...

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
No doubt i hear you loud and clear anything to get that childish shock/suprise again but When/if theDoJo roles around and they start throwing chars at us...the temptation will be beyond un-bare able...way worse than brawl because that game sucked and this wont/wont as hard that is ...

Also with how gay the internet is nowadayz nothing is a secret...
They didn't release the unlockables till after the game was released in Japan.

Granted I live in Australia so it was all common knowledge a long time before I got to play it, but I'm hoping there is a more world wide release this time around.
I didn't frequent internet boards before SSB64 and Melee so I had no idea about those unlockables which was fun.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I think I'm just going to give in and view the unlockable character this time around.
Before Brawl I ended up getting every character spoiled before the game's release. What would be an exciting moment to accept a newcomer became a moment mixed with regret that the new challenger surprise was ruined.

choosing to reveal > accidentally spoiling

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i dont know why but i'd imagine if Dillon was in the game he'd be in the launch trailer. it just keeps plaaying in my head that he'd be in it

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'd like to say i'm positive about Shulk, i'm not entirely sure though.

Ridley or K.Rool will probably be revealed, along with Palutena, maybe Mewtwo. The rest, i'm not sure.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So we're sure that there are going to be screenshots, but we're not sure on a trailer?.
Well if Sakurai says it is going to be bigger and better than Brawl, I would absolutely expect more than a few screenshots. That is basically a given to me at least.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I'm not gonna keep my hopes high for a Nintendo rep, anything would be welcome -well almost anything-.

For third parties, I wouldn't lose it if Megaman is confirmed, I'd be "Okay." But one particular character that would surprise me appearing is the Shin Megami Tensei IV MC.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm getting a feeling that we might see a Primid or two in the trailer being beaten up by some newcomer. :laugh:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember not to let your hopes rage out of control. I still have no clue why everyone thought Geno was a certain thing in Brawl.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Remember not to let your hopes rage out of control. I still have no clue why everyone thought Geno was a certain thing in Brawl.
I don't think anyone thought that. We all just reeeeally wanted him and thought he had an okay chance because of his sheer popularity amongst smash fans. Naive I know.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm still trying to figure out who Sakurai is going to reveal that will make everyone **** their pants similar to what Snake did at the end of the Brawl trailer. What character reveal would make people go crazy with anticipation?

Only non-third parties I could see doing that are Ridley or Mewtwo. I think it may be another third party reveal.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm still trying to figure out who Sakurai is going to reveal that will make everyone **** their pants similar to what Snake did at the end of the Brawl trailer. What character reveal would make people go crazy with anticipation?

Only non-third parties I could see doing that are Ridley or Mewtwo. I think it may be another third party reveal.
Technically, Geno would too but that'd only make sense to Smashers and Hardcore Mario fans. And he is technically third party come to think of it. But yeah, if they have a new thrid party they'll chow them at E3.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

1. Geno
2. A Sony Character
3. Ridley
4. SSB4's Graphics
5. Anime Characters
6. Megaman
7. Banjo & Kazooie
8. Announcing 20 newcomers in SSB4, no cuts.
9. Sakurai (as a character in the game)
10. Sakurai announcing he's allowing 3 more third party characters to join, (Sonic and Snake stay) and he will allow everyone to decide which 3 characters will be in it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Dude, if they pulled a fast one and revealed B&K, I think I'd cry. Those are the things dreams are made of. I'd never even give a single care about the rest of the roster.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Dude, if they pulled a fast one and revealed B&K, I think I'd cry. Those are the things dreams are made of. I'd never even give a single care about the rest of the roster.
B&K sounds like a name for a convenience store. but yeah. i'd freak if they are in ssb4

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
If there's going to be a Snake like WTF character reveal then I agree that it's really difficult to think of any Nintendo characters left that could have that effect.
In that case I would suppose either Megaman or Pacman would be the most likely.

My money would be on Pac. He owuld be a huge WTF for casual gamers or just gamers who have not been following the development of SSB4 (which is most people, we are the minority).

Otherwise I would suggest the wow moment would more likely be something non character related.

But personally I don't really need a wow moment. I'd just be happy enough with a cinematically exciting trailer building up the story of SSB4's adventure mode while also revealing some characters.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
If there's going to be a Snake like WTF character reveal then I agree that it's really difficult to think of any Nintendo characters left that could have that effect.
In that case I would suppose either Megaman or Pacman would be the most likely.

My money would be on Pac. He owuld be a huge WTF for casual gamers or just gamers who have not been following the development of SSB4 (which is most people, we are the minority).

Otherwise I would suggest the wow moment would more likely be something non character related.

But personally I don't really need a wow moment. I'd just be happy enough with a cinematically exciting trailer building up the story of SSB4's adventure mode while also revealing some characters.
Your last paragraph - Thats pretty much exzactly how i think its gonna be like imo but who knows..anythings possible with Nintendo & Sakurai....always changing..madness...

BanjoKazooie1

Smash Rookie
It's really unfortunate they didn't add Banjo-Kazooie a lot sooner, but their move set would/could be pretty unique and they fit in so well with the cast.

Here's hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom