• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who was your first main?

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
I mean, when you were a noob. Can be on any smash game. I remember when I was a bowser noob at melee... Good old times... And dont try to say that you never was a noob, because everyone was a noob at some point.

And dont forget to say who you main now!

Lord Vaynard

Smash Cadet
I started with Pikachu on 64 then donkey kong, then kirby

till I Found out about Captain Falcon..

I main'd him in brawl and melee..

in 64 i kinda hate using him but.. i still main him there

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Pikachu on the N64.

In Melee I moved from him to Roy and Falco.

Brawl I got hooked to Lucario and midway added Link to Co-main him to become a Lucario/Link main.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Captain Falcon, i used to spam D Smash, that never got old...
Then in Brawl i started Pwning with wolf, so i took up that 4 a while, then jigglypuff, Ics, And now, Olimar.
I still use those people, but thats only if i wanna do what i call a "Blast to the past" xD

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
N64: Link,
Melee: Young Link had no idea about competitive Smash :p

Brawl: Toon Link.

Been that way ever since, never changed.

NNID
Budget_Player
In 64, I guess I started off playing link. Then I started to figure out he sucked when I unlocked CF, and then mained him. Many years later when I came back with know-how about Z-cancelling and the like, I started playing Fox and Jiggs. I <3 rest.

In Melee I didn't fall in love with anyone until I unlocked Marth. Then I dropped him like he was hot when I unlocked TEH PHY3R. :V Haven't played melee since evolving from noob state though...

In 64, I loved Marth at first, like in melee. Then it was Ike, because he had TEH PHY3R <3. And then snake, when I started to realize snake was just like a better Ike. And finally I swapped to MK, because he's just... that much better.

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
In 64, I loved Marth at first, like in melee. Then it was Ike, because he had TEH PHY3R <3. And then snake, when I started to realize snake was just like a better Ike. And finally I swapped to MK, because he's just... that much better.
lol Didnt know that marth was at 64. And why dont you main marth?
MK is so gay... but lets stop talking about this before it becomes a MK discussion thread

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
MELEE: Mario -> Kirby
BRAWL: Wario/Olimar -> Jigglypuff

rolrctermaniac

Smash Apprentice
While I was a noob (I was like 6 y.o.) in 64 i used kirby. then when I went to melee I liked mewtwo. then when I started to get out of the noob phase I went to falco but still had no knowledge of the tier list, SHL, or anything.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
64: It was always Pikachu for me. Sometimes DK, but didn't liked him that much in 64.
Melee: First tried using Pikachu, didn't liked him anymore so Mewtwo. Later realised Mewtwo sucked, so I used DK.
Brawl: Diddy and DK.

atown238

Smash Rookie
ssb64- samus/captain falcon
melee- Roy/Dr. Mario/Luigi
Brawl-Kirby/yoshi/ike
now
ssb64- still samus but more cf
melee- falco roy mix
Brawl- Rob/falco/marth mix

Nova9000

Smash Lord
64: Ness/Yoshi -> CF/Jiggs
Melee: Link/Samus -> Peach/Ganon (evolved from the noob phase)
Brawl: Ness/ Diddy/Ganon -> ROB/DK/Snake (there are more but my top 3 in terms of success)

Echofinder

Smash Rookie
ssb64 - link and mario
ssbm - mario , link and c.falcon
ssbb - mained link and ike , now random :D!

Meccs

@Meccs_
64: Pikachu (until I unlocked Ness)
Melee: Luigi (the entire time)
Brawl: Luigi (for the first month it came out then switched to Ness)

Kantō

Smash Champion
my first main in 64 was link
my first main in melee was young link
my first main in brawl was pokemon trainer ( i still second him now)

wiitubeaccount

Smash Apprentice
64: 1st prolly link maybe samus
melee: i didnt have a real main for a while(link, samus, luigi) but then just luigi main
brawl:weegee 1st main

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
64: Pikachu for a short period of time and then Mario.

Melee: Tried Mario for 2 months and it wasn't working out. His nerfs frustrated me. I discovered Peach when my friend didn't want to endure Adventure mode with her. I volunteered to take on the task even though I quite frankly at the time wasn't interested. As I was playing though I got hooked on Peach instantly and before you can say "Shazam" she was my main.

Brawl: Took me a whole year to figure out who my main would be. Just about everyone got nerfed from Melee. I mained Peach for only 1 day and that was when Brawl came out. By the end of the day I got really bored with her because she got nerfed very, very badly. As the year went on I went from Diddy Kong to Yoshi to Luigi to Bowser and then back to Yoshi. Now Yoshi is my main and has been for the past year. I like his moveset alot.

Mathis

Smash Rookie
I played Link religiously on the first Smash game. When Melee came out, it was Link again, but then Sheik when I discovered I was better with him/her/it. Playing Sheik in Brawl makes me shed manly tears.

WTFA54

Smash Rookie
I played Link religiously on the first Smash game. When Melee came out, it was Link again, but then Sheik when I discovered I was better with him/her/it. Playing Sheik in Brawl makes me shed manly tears.
THIS.

This about sums up my smash experience.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
64: Kirby
Melee: Kirby/Sheik
Brawl: Meta Knight/Kirby

Weird how I went from MK to Pokemon Trainer. Kirby's always gonna stay.

Top Bottom