• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who was the first character you played and who is your main now?

HiddenElf22

Smash Cadet
First ever was Mario, I liked that tornado. Then I moved to Yoshi, and mained him for a long time. Now Fox is my man, but really I play with everyone. My Yoshi still *****, falcon ***** 1v1, getting more ztd combos going, jiggs owns, mario is good, everyone really. But **** I want to play isai in a tourny!

HiddenElf22

Smash Cadet
I can try online, I just feel like I will get too annoyed at lag/delay, and N64 controller not performing enarly as well as on console, etc etc. I really should though cause I'm getting bored of owning all my friends and having to watch youtube vids to improve.

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
As soon as it came out I basically only played with link (even tho i never played any zelda games :ohwell:) but after my brother kept beating me with fox i started using him to see how he was like and when i did i ended up being equal to my brother who was like 4 years older than me

And so i decided to stick with Fox then on...

urdailywater

Smash Hero
First played as Pikachu I think, and if I were to go back in now it'd still be Pikachu.
Pika Pika

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Real men play all 12
So Chuck Norris must own with samus!

I can try online, I just feel like I will get too annoyed at lag/delay, and N64 controller not performing enarly as well as on console, etc etc. I really should though cause I'm getting bored of owning all my friends and having to watch youtube vids to improve.
If you ever wanna play p2p add meh on MSN or AIM, I may NOT be Isai but the matches will be fun none the less!

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
The very first I played with was Kirby, because he could float. I didn't know how to do anything at first, though, except spam final cutter.

After that, it went like DK->Fox (insert break of like 6/7 years) ->Link->Fox->Captain Falcon-> Pika and Ness.

Commander Blizzard

Smash Apprentice
When I first played SSB, I started out with Pikachu. But I started taking a liking towards Link and his attacks, so I decided to make him my main, instead.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Are you saying that noobs aren't usually attracted to playing Mario at first, because from what I've seen that is usually the case. Mario noobs and Kirby noobs.
no.

Noobs choice... Lets say it's about 90% Kirby, 10% rest of characters, Mario doesn't stand out from the rest.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Are you saying that noobs aren't usually attracted to playing Mario at first, because from what I've seen that is usually the case. Mario noobs and Kirby noobs. Am I saying that all Mario players are noobs? No. If that's what you thought I meant, sorry. :laugh:
There is a very big misconception going on right now, people who are new to the game generally pick up Link and Mario, so yes by the real definition of "newbies" this is true

How ever in the smash64 community things got mixed up, and "noob" became a word to describe people who use annoying tactics, this how ever is not actually a "noob" its just annoying xP

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
I started with kirby back when I was a noob. I loved to piss my friend with that broken dair. Then I moved to Pikachu and now Fox. I prefer fox of all because he's just simply amazing in terms of varieties of combos.

As much as I love Link, I don't think he's worth being a main. He's awesome, but only as a secondary. Plus, he's not that good in teams and I do lots of teams, so yeah...

chivesontheweb

Smash Cadet
There is a very big misconception going on right now, people who are new to the game generally pick up Link and Mario, so yes by the real definition of "newbies" this is true

How ever in the smash64 community things got mixed up, and "noob" became a word to describe people who use annoying tactics, this how ever is not actually a "noob" its just annoying xP
I use the term "noob" to describe people who are new to the game or are still learning. For example, I call myself a noob as a disclaimer to good players that I suck still. So I guess I mean "newbies" but "noob" somehow works.

SourPuff

Smash Rookie
Started with Green Kirby, did a lot of team battles with my Link-maining friend. Picked him because the idea of using any basic Special in the game was just too awesome. Back when there were just 3 kinds of specials, and PK Fire was one of em.

Now I'm Jigglypuff! I probably would've mained her in 64/Melee if I didn't discount her as a Sing gimmick...and as the worst character in the game...and as a lesser Kirby.

Battling to unlock her in Brawl is what got me hooked.

Pirate Goomba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BackburningPyro
3DS FC
3969-6919-4080
Switch FC
2859 5488 3187
Pikachu , and he is still my main whenever i play SSB64.

First: Link, because I LOVE the Zelda franchise (except you, phantom hourglass).

Current main: Captain Falcon, Fox. Fast characters are always fun. :chuckle:

The Star King

Smash Hero
Srry, LoZ, pikachu is the first character I tried and I still main him. =]

It's the seconds I switch around a lot with, not the mains. Switched from falcon, to kirby, and now ness.

I LOVE the Zelda franchise (except you, phantom hourglass)
What's so bad about phantom hourglass

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
Link is like High Elves in Warhammer. Everybody wants to play them when they're new to the game, until they find out how horrendously bad they are at finding.

I'm onto Fox now, though I still can't play for ****. Of course naturally I'd like to get on the Pikachu and Falcon bandwagon sometime soon, so I could maybe stand a chance of not horrifically embarrassing myself.

EDIT:

EPsilon933 said:
It's the easiest by far of all the Zelda games. Puzzles aren't fun if they're figure-outable in 10 seconds. /slight hyperbole.
I don't know, 10 seconds sounds about right.

Touch-screen controls also wore thin for me after a bit.

CMONEY770

Smash Cadet
I played and mained Captain Falcon on Smash 64. I played with him endlessly until I perfected his infinite stomp. I also played with Ness and Fox, both characters being my 2nd and 3rd characters respectively and Samus and Mario, which are two characters I picked up just before Melee came out. Then when Melee came out, I made Samus my main and Captain my secondary because I could do da bomb jump technique with Samus. Now dat Brawl has come out, Captain Falcon is my main again but I can't accurately knee people like I used to. I'm startin to think dat possibly Ike or Wolf could be my main

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Pikachu. I was a Pokémon nut back then, but I ended up maining Luigi and Jiggs.

Shame on you :p maybe your just not a fan of ds games, some arent, especially if they involve little boys in green kilts and tights. WOW that sounded weird.
Probably, but I know I'm not a fan of post-2006 NINTENDO. (Twilight Princess was NINTENDO's last 'good' game, even though it wasn't 'great')

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I use the term "noob" to describe people who are new to the game or are still learning. For example, I call myself a noob as a disclaimer to good players that I suck still. So I guess I mean "newbies" but "noob" somehow works.
no your definition of "noob" is perfectly correct, its just majority of people here use it to describe a "cheap" player (which makes them a scrub in actuality, therefore making THEM more of a "noob" then the person they called that :p) Scrubyness is closer to being a "noob" then using Utilt is.

Probably, but I know I'm not a fan of post-2006 NINTENDO. (Twilight Princess was NINTENDO's last 'good' game, even though it wasn't 'great')
Shame on you :p maybe your just not a fan of ds games, some arent, especially if they involve little boys in green kilts and tights. WOW that sounded weird.
It's the easiest by far of all the Zelda games. Puzzles aren't fun if they're figure-outable in 10 seconds. /slight hyperbole.

please keep this conversation either in PMs/visitor messages , or in the off topics section...it doesn't belong here :o

Cryptic C62

Smash Cadet
I've never owned an N64, so I never really had time to just sit in front of the TV for hours and get better at the game. I always played as Samus because his Up+B and Charge Shot make him really easy to camp with (an essential asset for n00b FFAs), especially on Saffron City. I was terrible.

One day I decided that I needed to be able to play as other characters, so I started f'ing around with Falcon and Kirby. This helped, but my biggest problem was that I was really bad at switching between characters. If I played Samus for a while and then switched to Kirby, I would find myself hitting Down+B for a bomb. Error!

To remedy this problem, I downloaded Project 64 onto a computer at school and played it during my free period. My goal was simple: Beat every level 9 computer with every character (144 combinations). This helped tremendously, as I now feel comfortable playing as any character.

Now I main with Samus, Falcon, Kirby, Pikachu, and Jigglypuff.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I've never owned an N64, so I never really had time to just sit in front of the TV for hours and get better at the game. I always played as Samus because his Up+B and Charge Shot make him really easy to camp with (an essential asset for n00b FFAs), especially on Saffron City. I was terrible.
Samus is a girl.

lern2samusaran

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
Dude, I've always mained Kirby and 64, but Brawl has giving me new respects for both Link and Fox.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
I remember as a kid I first played LINK because OOT was so big and I was just 9 years old when this came out. I used to think Link's sword plant was the coolest thing because of the way he brings the sword from the ground.

Now I am a man, I can use everyone moderately, I say Fox is my main.

Top Bottom