• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
Shoutout to a guy with the Mii name smashyandy. You had a great Falcon and were pretty fun to play with, when you weren't taunting or ducking, but it did teach me to release the salt a bit easier. You also showed me just how much better my Bowser is than my other characters.
The thing in bold... wut? :grin:

OshaHott

Smash Cadet
That's odd! I'm out for a new one as well, but that's only because sometimes I screw up tap jumps when the circle pad slips...

...But Australia's exorbitant prices have screwed pretty much every opportunity I have had of getting one. I technically have the money, but mum doesn't want me using $200+ on a new 3DS with the state we're in financially right now. That's also the reason i don't have a Wii U yet... :(

EDIT: For those reasons above, I've often considered going american everything for Nintendo consoles just to get a decent bargain on stuff, but postage on a lot of things on ebay is $40+ for some crazy reason.
Yeah but even with shipping it would cost less. And obviously you speak English so you should be good! But yeah, same. I don't have any fixed income (stupid child labor laws! I'm 15 damnit!) so unfortunately, I have to rely on my dad for allowance. And he's a gambler. UGH!

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I've tried to main Mega Man, just can't get that feel for him like other characters. :(
You kinda have to get yourself into the Mega Man mindset, which is sort of acting like you're playing a MM game and you control :4megaman: as such. It was a breeze for me to learn the general idea behind playing as him, and now I'm just working on refining my technique. But I can see how other players might have a hard time with learning him, kinda like me and :4bayonetta:. I want to know how to use her better, but I'm just not in sync with her as I am with :4megaman:.

OshaHott

Smash Cadet
You kinda have to get yourself into the Mega Man mindset, which is sort of acting like you're playing a MM game and you control :4megaman: as such. It was a breeze for me to learn the general idea behind playing as him, and now I'm just working on refining my technique. But I can see how other players might have a hard time with learning him, kinda like me and :4bayonetta:. I want to know how to use her better, but I'm just not in sync with her as I am with :4megaman:.
Exactly. Picked up Shulk, instant main. Picked up Roy. Instant main. Downloaded Corrin, instant main. But some other characters took me a while to get better with.

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but even with shipping it would cost less. And obviously you speak English so you should be good! But yeah, same. I don't have any fixed income (stupid child labor laws! I'm 15 damnit!) so unfortunately, I have to rely on my dad for allowance. And he's a gambler. UGH!
wut? child labour still exists?! :grin:

I've tried to main Mega Man, just can't get that feel for him like other characters. :(
^ THIS. I sort of went along with "being Mega Man" and just getting a feel for how he plays. Of course, Mega Man veterans shouldn't have an issue maining him. (And I have one of the old gameboy carts still!)

In fact, if you've always wanted to get better with mega man, but can't quite get it right, maybe playing a couple of the classic games (I think both the NES and gameboy ones are on the eshop actually, I'd have to check for that) will help hit the nail on the head. :)

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. Picked up Shulk, instant main. Picked up Roy. Instant main. Downloaded Corrin, instant main. But some other characters took me a while to get better with.
For me, I don't play Fire Emblem (wouldn't mind giving it a try one day though!) but Corrin = instant main. ;)
Shulk took a bit of getting used to, but he's one of my mains now as well, because once one masters the Monado... ;)

OshaHott

Smash Cadet
For me, I don't play Fire Emblem (wouldn't mind giving it a try one day though!) but Corrin = instant main. ;)
Shulk took a bit of getting used to, but he's one of my mains now as well, because once one masters the Monado... ;)
Because I downloaded Corrin and Bayo, I decided to download the original Fire Emblem. At least, the first one released in America. LOVE IT! Haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles, but I have watched Chuggaa's LP on it. I love Shulk!

OshaHott

Smash Cadet
wut? child labour still exists?! :grin:

^ THIS. I sort of went along with "being Mega Man" and just getting a feel for how he plays. Of course, Mega Man veterans shouldn't have an issue maining him. (And I have one of the old gameboy carts still!)

In fact, if you've always wanted to get better with mega man, but can't quite get it right, maybe playing a couple of the classic games (I think both the NES and gameboy ones are on the eshop actually, I'd have to check for that) will help hit the nail on the head. :)
Let's hope not! I like not having giant nails in my head! xD Jk, and I always have wanted to play a Mega Man game. Maybe one day!

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Looking for a player with the name "PowerTape" on 3DS. He was a great player who used Ryu and Villager. My name was Atoyont and used a few characters at first (through random) then used Game & Watch for a few matches.

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
Looking for a player with the name "PowerTape" on 3DS. He was a great player who used Ryu and Villager. My name was Atoyont and used a few characters at first (through random) then used Game & Watch for a few matches.
Villager mains are almost as rare as Mega Men... shall they join the rare mains master race. :)

abx

Smash Journeyman
Shoutout to BlessedJ (3DS) from Idunnoanymore. Very tight Link and I enjoyed the matches very much.

timbalina

Smash Rookie
I got thoroughly obliterated by prolaps and some dude named Michael. Anyone run into either?

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
Damn good games to a guy going by "Lukezzz..." on 3DS. (If you're name's longer, tell me, the 3DS cuts it off... :grin:)
You also have good skill with Little Mac, well done. (One of those matches I was playing as him was the first time I've been able to land a full KO punch, lol)

Also... how trolly was my Wario? ;)

EDIT: I show up as "FuzzyQui..." or something like that if you're wondering.

Last edited:

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Fought someone named CHILIN on Wii U. Nice Dr. Mario.

Lol I sucked too bad, I don't belong on the Wii U. All my skills are stuck on the 3DS and I can't transition them to the GC controller :(

Nice Dr. Mario tho. I wish I could fight it on 3DS where I'm way better.

But no Johns. GGs!

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GGs to Law on 3DS who used a very good pacman. The only character in my arsenal who could go against it was falcon. Would have been nice if you left immediately rather than waiting for the time to count down to near completion tho :/

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Had a very nice 3 hour session with Mikk3l on the 3DS.

I know I was beating you a lot, but I'm glad you got to experience matchups that you probably haven't seen before (namely my ROB and G&W).

Very persevering person who tries to win every time.

SkrubDoge_

Smash Rookie
NNID
PaBLO764
I main Mario with the American Skin and my tag in for glory is SkrubDoge. What out yall.

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Holy **** I played Camo109 on 3DS. Really clutch Meta Knight and that was an intense ROB ditto. If only you knew the gyro setups you would've won when you have both mine and your gyro in hand.

Sorry, had to go. Respectable af bro!

Vidiot825

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8558-7913
Looks like I'm not the only one mastering the blue bomber...
you played killacubs, not me (we share ds's)

Also let it be known that some dude on FG stole my ds name and my purple link color. If you see a lilnk that is not good and also plays corrin, it is not me people!

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I usually play red DP, redhead Tink, and red Roy

My name is usually ZANE, but I think I'll start using the name RedHead!

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
you played killacubs, not me (we share ds's)

Also let it be known that some dude on FG stole my ds name and my purple link color. If you see a lilnk that is not good and also plays corrin, it is not me people!
lol, I was remarking on you using mega man. XD Also.... interesting info.

EDIT: hang on, you've seen me on FG?

Last edited:

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
About to Smash, so if anyone beats a RedHead! On FG, it was probably me.

deedilus

Smash Rookie
NNID
aesinv
About to Smash, so if anyone beats a RedHead! On FG, it was probably me.
Did you play a Toon Link named dori~ / Matt? Just played someone who seemed to be using Dark Pit as a main, if so fun games!

Just played against a Falco player named M1K3Y that made me want to throw my controller across the room, but GG and I look forward to playing you again once I get better at recovering once I'm getting wrecked in the air...

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Yo! Big shoutouts to Gus on the 3DS! This person made my day with intense :4rob: dittos. I finally found a ROB that knows their gyro setups! I know why some of my friends scream every time I set down a gyro. :D

Sorry I had to leave man, got interrupted by my parents to start another busy day. :(

Last edited:

zVenime

Smash Rookie
Recently fought a Marth 1v1 on FG. I play as Lucina so its kinda funny to basically play against my own character.
His name was MIKEY. All caps.

Flawed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlawedOne
Shout outs to some Wii u player named TurtleKami

Played a very solid Shiek, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Jacuzzi Splot

Smash Cadet
I'm going through personal **** right now and I just went online drunk with 'drunk' as my tag. Unfortunately since my internet seems to be inconsistent right now the game had ridiculous input lag. It was game 1 of my session so I didn't know what to expect at that point in terms of lag. My opponent sd both stocks immediately and they had the worst tag possible for this occasion 'IceClimbr'. I love the IC's so much and I'm so sorry I probably shouldn't go online until I can get a guarantee that any lag won't be on my end.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I stink at Mega Man, but if you find a good one *shudders* it's bad. REALLY bad.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I'd love to join the Megaman master race, he suits my playstyle. Except he's really hard to master I've found. Too hard in fact. :p
Isn't that the case with many characters? I think I can use :4megaman: pretty well, but I haven't mastered him. He was just pretty easy to pick up and play, well, at least to me.

Nah

Smash Champion
can never tell if the people will see these but oh well

I realized today I got a friend request from a Segura a few days ago. The name sounds vaguely familiar but I can't remember the matches or anything. Anyway, I noticed the request came with a question which said "Do you play Fire Emblem?", and idk where else to try and answer it so I'll just answer here: yes, yes I do play Fire Emblem =)

Yesterday there was someone who's name I can't remember (I think it was just a string of numbers anyway) who changed their tag to "Nowi Wins!" and for the first match used the Nowi :4lucina: palette and I thought that was cute. I think you're the first person on For Glory to catch on that my username is more from the character and not the word.

Today there was a Jord with the tag of BirdUp who started to change their tag to a few generic projectile-related insults (I play :4robinf:). That's very cute man, keep feeding me your salt. If you think that I actually give a **** you're sooooooo wrong lmfao.

Last edited:

Drig786

Smash Journeyman
NNID
i-DRIG-i
GGs to S Pop with the Tag Dinobutt, phenomenal even matches, there were some 2 stocks from both of us, :4yoshi: and :4charizard: were amazing, most fun matchs i had on for glory in awhile

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
[Wii U]
Good games yesterday to Wilson, who had a pretty decent Villager. I was Tino who played as Ganondorf, a character I barely have any experience with. I had a lotta fun with all our five or so matches we had.

Top Bottom