• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
[Wii U]
Good games to a Dr. Mario and Falco named Wolf. It was fun playing against you (I was a Wario named BC).

Nocally

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3840-6058-2117
Nocally, I ran into you on 3DS FG and I am sorry to say you were one of the most disrespectful players I've ever had the misfortune of playing against. I know I'm an awful player - you and your Pikachu did NOT have to rub it in quite so badly when I'm just trying to practice/learn. Consider yourself reported on the game if I ever run into you again in a similar manner, and reported here if you refute it.
Sorry I made you have a bad experience on FG, but that is just how I play online sometimes.
@Metalex is on the right track,don't take it too personally, I usually do my best to beat my opponent in the beginning of a match, but if my opponent is easily over matched, my play style could easily be interpreted as mocking or degrading, but as a compensation if you want, we can exchange 3DS friendcodes and play again in a more friendly manner?

Django2010

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-2677-4948
Shoutouts to a 3DS player named Ace on FG, who was maining a Blue Bowser. Those matches were great. You were easily one of the best mannered players I've met lately.

Donask

Smash Rookie
I would like to find out who Frankie is. I just went against this person as Marth and Roy and I was utterly demolished. Whoever you are, could you give me some constructive feedback on how I did, despite my apparent lack of skill? I would enjoy fighting you again.

BSP

Smash Legend
@ItoI6 I think I ran into you on FG the other day. GGs. I need to figure out what the heck I'm going to do against MK in tournament.

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
Has anyone here seen Jing? I had some really good matches with him/her. They were playing as a Mario once, and a gold C. Falcon later on. It was a while back, but I also fought a really good Samus player named Mikoo.

link2702

Smash Champion
@scanimal

Next time don't act like an ass.

Those times I two stocked your rob are going on youtube, as well as all other matches.

Show others respect and you'll receive it in return, act like a dbag and karma will pay you back in spades. normally I don't call out people like this, but you deserve it for how disrespectful and arrogant you were.

EDIT: Oh btw yes, I did report you, a report you very much deserved.

Last edited:

ligersandtigons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChromToTheDome
3DS FC
4656-6292-5830
Switch FC
SW-2244-3437-3034
@scanimal

Next time don't act like an ***.

Those times I two stocked your rob are going on youtube, as well as all other matches.

Show others respect and you'll receive it in return, act like a dbag and karma will pay you back in spades. normally I don't call out people like this, but you deserve it for how disrespectful and arrogant you were.

EDIT: Oh btw yes, I did report you, a report you very much deserved.
Lol details?

I AKU I

Smash Cadet
NNID
murphed
I've played a few good players lately. I just ran into a ZSS from my state today (Mass). I definitely want to play them again sometime since I haven't played many skilled ZSSs. Idk who he is, but his tag was a bunch of roman numerals and I think it was a FF reference? Something like XV-VII

KillaKel: Very technical. Played a bunch of characters very well. His Marth and Falco were particularly impressive. Man I have so much respect for good Marth players.
Rol: His Zelda was way better than mine. I was only able to win half of our dittos because of some clutch baits and hard reads. Learned a ton while playing with ya!
Flipz with a mii named RJ: Those were some intense Zelda vs Ganon matches. Cleanest games I've played in a long time, and we both got a bunch of highlight reel material during them! I wanted to send a friend request, but I can't seem to find him in my player history. GGs!

Other notables
Dooms: This was wayyy back, but I remember this guy. He absolutely destroyed me with his Sonic/Ness.
Junebug: They played like anyone besides the real Junebug would if they were using a wii mote XD
Firelord Ozai: Played like FxF, but I still obliged him with a ton of games because he was a pretty cool dude. His status message was "Find the Avatar!" Surely someone would remember him if they played him.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Mannn i give up with this thread!

Over a year and no ever gave me a shoutout??! Psch....whatever...i dont care :,( Have fun with your dumb game and fun....without me....-. wwwaaaahhhh...

lol hey Sonsa Sonsa i fought you the other day think! on the 13th think...(well according to my wiiu..) But yeah i was hype! then...it was real laggy :D Laggy as all **** ! Then you just sd'd to end our match :D ..... and i was like ":,D" It was fun!.... I was Lucina! ...and I forgot who you were... lmao gg no re punk.

lol if that was even you haha.

I AKU I

Smash Cadet
NNID
murphed
Lol don't feel bad. I haven't gotten one shoutout either. I don't seem to play many SB users, but I'll always come on here and tag them if I recognize one.

Honestly, the reason we don't get mentioned might be because of our usernames. I imagine that people will have a harder time finding any account name with hyphens, spaces, or random numbers in them. Has me wanting to create a new account.. Shakes fist at the person with the account Aku who has posted only one message on here over ten years ago...

nugrun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NugRun
3DS FC
2122-8507-8701
I've played a few good players lately. I just ran into a ZSS from my state today (Mass). I definitely want to play them again sometime since I haven't played many skilled ZSSs. Idk who he is, but his tag was a bunch of roman numerals and I think it was a FF reference? Something like XV-VII

KillaKel: Very technical. Played a bunch of characters very well. His Marth and Falco were particularly impressive. Man I have so much respect for good Marth players.
Rol: His Zelda was way better than mine. I was only able to win half of our dittos because of some clutch baits and hard reads. Learned a ton while playing with ya!
Flipz with a mii named RJ: Those were some intense Zelda vs Ganon matches. Cleanest games I've played in a long time, and we both got a bunch of highlight reel material during them! I wanted to send a friend request, but I can't seem to find him in my player history. GGs!

Other notables
Dooms: This was wayyy back, but I remember this guy. He absolutely destroyed me with his Sonic/Ness.
Junebug: They played like anyone besides the real Junebug would if they were using a wii mote XD
Firelord Ozai: Played like FxF, but I still obliged him with a ton of games because he was a pretty cool dude. His status message was "Find the Avatar!" Surely someone would remember him if they played him.
Marss is a really good player. Top in the New England region and recently got 7th at Genesis 3. He's absolutely insane with his Zss!

ligersandtigons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChromToTheDome
3DS FC
4656-6292-5830
Switch FC
SW-2244-3437-3034
if anyone fought a dude Jesse recently on 3ds, might've been me lol

I use a crap ton of characters on for glory so I really can't get anymore specific

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
GGs on the 3DS to a player named Tony. I was confused with what your skill level was when you picked Ryu (which is kind of invalid, because Mewtwo does very solid against Ryu) but when you switched to Falcon and Fox I tried hard and it was really fun.

I was the Mewtwo and Ganondorf.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Mannn i give up with this thread!

Over a year and no ever gave me a shoutout??! Psch....whatever...i dont care :,( Have fun with your dumb game and fun....without me....-. wwwaaaahhhh...

lol hey Sonsa Sonsa i fought you the other day think! on the 13th think...(well according to my wiiu..) But yeah i was hype! then...it was real laggy :D Laggy as all **** ! Then you just sd'd to end our match :D ..... and i was like ":,D" It was fun!.... I was Lucina! ...and I forgot who you were... lmao gg no re punk.

lol if that was even you haha.
Oh, well hey, we've fought in Brawl and it was great so Im sure if we fought in Smash 4 it was great too! But yeah lag...sorry, but I just get outta there, no time for that haha, still! GGs!

I AKU I

Smash Cadet
NNID
murphed
Marss is a really good player. Top in the New England region and recently got 7th at Genesis 3. He's absolutely insane with his Zss!
Oh for sure. His ZSS is crazyyy good. Like Nairo level good. I can't f with that! The best I can do for now is just watch guys like him to see what top ZSS's do and try to get some experience against ones that are at my skill level. (Like the one I mentioned)

I'm pretty sure that guy was a tourney player too though. I think he might have been a ZSS main who now plays Cloud because of his tags and the FF icon on his profile?

nugrun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NugRun
3DS FC
2122-8507-8701
Oh for sure. His ZSS is crazyyy good. Like Nairo level good. I can't f with that! The best I can do for now is just watch guys like him to see what top ZSS's do and try to get some experience against ones that are at my skill level. (Like the one I mentioned)

I'm pretty sure that guy was a tourney player too though. I think he might have been a ZSS main who now plays Cloud because of his tags and the FF icon on his profile?
Oh yeah Marss has a monopoly on the weeklies/monthlies in my region winning almost every single one .ive played him a few times in bracket and man is he something else. Definely one of the strongest players in my region

Oh or it could have been another player by the tag XL-xcvii whose another PR player from NE. He's a Mario/Ryu main but picked up cloud when he was released, probably the second best cloud in NE next to DMG Matt

Last edited:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Oh, well hey, we've fought in Brawl and it was great so Im sure if we fought in Smash 4 it was great too! But yeah lag...sorry, but I just get outta there, no time for that haha, still! GGs!
D'awww. But yeah no need for apologies 'XD Just wanted to see if it was truly you. ;) I don't even think we fought in our match. We both kinda just jumped around haha Though i taunted for sure.
But yeah, 'ain't nobody got time fo dat' , indeed.

buh bye~

Sonsa

Smash Champion
D'awww. But yeah no need for apologies 'XD Just wanted to see if it was truly you. ;) I don't even think we fought in our match. We both kinda just jumped around haha Though i taunted for sure.
But yeah, 'ain't nobody got time fo dat' , indeed.

buh bye~
Maybe we can play some other time outside of For Glory! Either way nice to see ya again!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Just had a few really fun games against a guy with the tag "ERK" on Wii U. We did a few ROB dittos, which was pretty fun, before he switched to Rosalina. I think he was legitimately the only Rosalina who I've ever had fun fighting. He was an all-around respectful guy, too, doing the mutual taunt at the beginning of every match and flashing a GG after. Definitely a diamond in the rough that is For Glory.

Last edited:

I AKU I

Smash Cadet
NNID
murphed
Oh yeah Marss has a monopoly on the weeklies/monthlies in my region winning almost every single one .ive played him a few times in bracket and man is he something else. Definely one of the strongest players in my region

Oh or it could have been another player by the tag XL-xcvii whose another PR player from NE. He's a Mario/Ryu main but picked up cloud when he was released, probably the second best cloud in NE next to DMG Matt
Just double checked, and it was in fact XL-xcvii. I'm shocked that he isn't a ZSS main/secondary; his ZSS was pretty good.

nugrun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NugRun
3DS FC
2122-8507-8701
Just double checked, and it was in fact XL-xcvii. I'm shocked that he isn't a ZSS main/secondary; his ZSS was pretty good.
Yep XLs know for using a lot of characters. If you want more exposer to the NE scene they have a Facebook group/ there's a fairly large sized weekly at Gameunderground in Natick, happens every Tuesday last few weeks there's been like 70+ entrants

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Maybe we can play some other time outside of For Glory! Either way nice to see ya again!
Oh yeah! Why of course dear Sonsa. Yet perhaps in the next lifetime...when i will be reborn in my truest form! ^_^ The ultimate and perfect metamorphosis known by man to Live and 'Smash'.....The "DankLord" It is named...See you in a millennium, young one.

but i guess if ya want to play in the meantime or sometime, yeah hit me up homie. Nice seeing ya too <3

Last edited:

Jay Vee

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3153-7441-9113
Fought a pretty good Black :4yoshi: that beat me consistently named HyuMuMa so guess a post seems appropriate. Was good experience for a new player like myself so hope to rematch sometime.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I just played an AWESOME set on 3DS with someone named "frannyp..." (There's probably more, but it got cut off.)

I would definitely like to meet and play against them again sometime. We started with Mewtwo vs. Ness and then we just ran a gauntlet through a buttload of characters. I was running out of ideas by the end! XD

Great games, man. If you ever see this, please definitely get ahold of me!

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
What do you know? More players who do nothing but taunt! This game's community is ****ing disgusting. Im actually ashamed I play this game.

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
lol still getting triggered by randoms on for glory. Add people to your friend list in the friend code thread, you'll end up playing more respectful players

Nah

Smash Champion
There's probably several Jesses online really. It's not exactly a rare name.

Casey Chase

Undine~
3DS FC
1521-4138-1029
Shoutouts to a guy named Rat on 3DS. Good :4sheik:, great :4robinm:. Those Robin dittos were fun. If you (or anyone who knows this player) see this, add me! I wanna see what we can do without being locked on omega stages.

My name was Mugi and I played :rosalina: and :4robinf:.

Xerneas

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts to Eff and Wy on 3ds, my name is damien, mostly playing as Peach and Ness. i had a lot of fun with both of you especially Eff, your ZSS was really good and i wished you played as her more than once

Also Cadence on 3ds, pretty much the only truly rude player i've come across and the biggest sore loser, whats the point of playing if you're going to get so salty about a loss. teabagging and taunting every chance you get when you're winning, so immature :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Melonfrog

Smash Apprentice
William, Another and Im sorry I forgot your name. 2v2's were fun. I think we stayed together for nearly 2 hours!
I am so sorry whoever was on my team lost, all my fault. I'm rubbish and wasn't even taken seriously, I honestly tried my best but no matter how hard I tried I never outplayed you guys.

William I am most sorry for, I bet your W/L ratio plummeted because of me. After our 1,000th lose and you left, so did the others. Couldn't wait to get away from me I guess.

I'm sure you all hate me for staying as I am sure a better player would have taken my place. But at least I tried?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Fought on Wii U a good white skinned :4ganondorf: named Pow Block earlier, a really REALLY good one!

I was :4zelda:, named Nico.

Last edited:

Xerneas

Smash Cadet
Cam on 3ds, those :4peach: dittos were a lot of fun, it was the first time i've ever played against another Peach as Peach. You beat me 3/4 times but i think i still put up a good fight, although i'll admit i was getting a little frustrated because you were better than me but not by much, and i kept losing when i was only 1 or 2 hits away from winning. I think the frustration was obvious when i played as :4pit:, i was being too aggressive. Good games though! Peach dittos are way more fun than other character dittos i've done

Also i cant remember if it was BlueFlame or BlueFire, also on 3ds, but you were the best :4zelda: player i've played against, those fights were a lot of fun

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
[Wii U]
Good games to Dan who had the ":(" tag. Those were some fun Cloud ditto matches we had (he even used his Advent Children design like I did) until you went Falcon. Shout out!

Top Bottom