• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
PLayed against some loser named Jacob who taunted in every game we played. Then played against a megaman who taunted. That's all people do on this game isn't it? No one has any respect for anyone. Not going to lie, I think I hate this game's community more than any other game. That's saying a lot. It's absolutely disgusting.

This game is proof that there's no such thing as karma, so you know what? Why the hell should I show any respect? from now on I'm taunting every time I get a kill. Cause why the hell not?

Last edited:

Hygaro26

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hygaro26
3DS FC
5129-2759-8420
Hey everyone, if you guys every see anyone online named Spirit (Cypher as tag), Flux, or Bloodedge, let me know how that person did, and also it'd be cool to have rematches in the future if they were GGs,

link2702

Smash Champion
PLayed against some loser named Jacob who taunted in every game we played. Then played against a megaman who taunted. That's all people do on this game isn't it? No one has any respect for anyone. Not going to lie, I think I hate this game's community more than any other game. That's saying a lot. It's absolutely disgusting.

This game is proof that there's no such thing as karma, so you know what? Why the hell should I show any respect? from now on I'm taunting every time I get a kill. Cause why the hell not?
there is nothing wrong with taunting from a kill. Tea bagging though....universally considered disrespectful in gaming. Smashes taunts aren't really that disrespectful.

However, if they're tea bagging, taunting and not even remotely taking you seriously in a match I can understand, but just taunting after a kill is nothing.

Also don't use for glory as the basis to judge the entire competitive community, for glory isn't even a small fraction of the competitive community, most of the actual competitive players that even bother with online do so in friend matches, due to for glory having only final destination playable.

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Mad props to @MasterJr. I've managed to take several matches, but your Marth and Robin was something fierce...if not unorthodox. The last match was so jank though! I say that out of laughter and salt.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Had an amazing series of Mewtwo dittos with someone on 3DS named @toonlink. I am so sorry I had to leave so abruptly, but my roommate kept wanting me to see something. Mad props for your Mewtwo as well as your Falco, man!

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
I believe I ran into @Reecepect yesterday on Wii U. Damn you have an incredible Duck hunt/Megaman. Those were some really close games, and no lag! :D
GGs!

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
there is nothing wrong with taunting from a kill. Tea bagging though....universally considered disrespectful in gaming. Smashes taunts aren't really that disrespectful.

However, if they're tea bagging, taunting and not even remotely taking you seriously in a match I can understand, but just taunting after a kill is nothing.

Also don't use for glory as the basis to judge the entire competitive community, for glory isn't even a small fraction of the competitive community, most of the actual competitive players that even bother with online do so in friend matches, due to for glory having only final destination playable.
"nothing wrong with taunting after a kill"

Lol give me a break. The entire point of taunting is to make fun of your opponent. If everyone is like you and they do it 'cause why not?' then I am right about this community. It's funny when you say taunting is fine but teabagging isnt. Uhh why the hell is that the case at all? Taunting after a kill is simply insulting for opponent for dying. Now, I can understand taunting at the beginning of the game, or taunting after dying perhaps to show respect. But taunting after killing? No.

Anyway it looks like I was right. Everyone does this so why the hell shouldn't I? TIME TO TAUNT EVERY TIME I GET A STOCK, CAUSE EVERYONE ELSE DOES IT!

Last edited:

Suzukipot

Actual Mother trash
NNID
em12498
3DS FC
0404-9964-5652
I just played a set of 3 matches against someone who I believe was using the name Alvin. I used ZSS, Pit and Little Mac. Anyway, shoutout to you if you see this, your Sheik was on point.

link2702

Smash Champion
"nothing wrong with taunting after a kill"

Lol give me a break. The entire point of taunting is to make fun of your opponent. If everyone is like you and they do it 'cause why not?' then I am right about this community. It's funny when you say taunting is fine but teabagging isnt. Uhh why the hell is that the case at all? Taunting after a kill is simply insulting for opponent for dying. Now, I can understand taunting at the beginning of the game, or taunting after dying perhaps to show respect. But taunting after killing? No.

Anyway it looks like I was right. Everyone does this so why the hell shouldn't I? TIME TO TAUNT EVERY TIME I GET A STOCK, CAUSE EVERYONE ELSE DOES IT!
maybe this must be your first smash game(or...possibly first online game ever?) . Taunts have been in the series since day one. They've never been that disrespectful at all in smash. Teabagging however is actually a universal sign in gaming as disrespectful. In any game, whether it's a MMO with PVP, a FPS, a Fighter, whatever, Teabagging is universally considered an insult, and has been for quite some time.

You're getting too worked up over someone doing a taunt after KOing you, when that was precicisely the reason sakurai put taunts in smash to begin with.

Hell in the first two smash games you actually were rewarded points for taunting after KOing someone. In one of melee's special modes, taunting immediately after a Kill rewarded you and possibly could of gave you enough points(among other things in the match) to help you win, as KO's weren't the main determining factor in this mode. It's working exactly how the developer intended em to. Getting so worked up over em, as well as trying to trash talk an entire community for being fine with taunts, actually just makes yourself look immature.

What other multiplayer games have you ever played? something tells me very few, as taunts are in plenty of games, fully intended by developers. Hell TF2 even goes so far as to zoom in on the character who killed you, and both YOU AND YOUR OPPONENT, could get an ACHIEVEMENT, if their taunt was captured in the screencap when it zoomed in, basically ENCOURAGING Taunts after Kills. Something tells me this must be your very first online multiplayer game, and you might be better off sticking to offline on all your games if you get this angry/upset over a game mechanic being used exactly as intended.

EDIT: and just to again clarify....taunting in smash isn't really considered all that disrespectful, So honestly no one is really gonna care if you taunt after every KO on em. Most players will be like "ok?" so if your goal was to piss them off and "to make fun of them" as you so seem to think they're doing to you...well, prepare to be disappointed, as most players aren't gonna think twice about it, only the overly sensitive ones like yourself will.

Last edited:

Flamjam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flamjam
good games to a lucario on Wii U with the tag "Shame That". very enjoyable, well played. i was the Ludwig.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
On 3ds Good games to the players using the following Tags

pablo (Shulk, Ness,Lucas, Kirby, Villager, Sonic, and a few others)
VeLLi (Zero Suit Samus, Game and Watch, Lucina)
Antoine (Cloud, Ryu, Samus, Wiifit Trainer, Link)
Abyo (Sonic)

Same goes to anyone I might have missed.

Last edited:

Bellerophon

Smash Cadet
NNID
mistermaster420
Good games to mayo749. Your :4falcon:was pretty fun to fight, not to mention that you were a pretty respectful player.
I was the :4ness: named Beη.

link2702

Smash Champion
god mediocre players who get lucky one match annoy me, link player named imperial got destroyed by my c.falcon, to the point where he gave up mid-match, then the noob screams "luck/tierwhore/fgt" among other things, so I decide to go my own link and.....

I end up suiciding my first stock and then he gets lucky and takes my second.

Thank god I reported him the second match for how he acted from the first one. Still annoying though cuz his link was so simple and I tried to be flashy and ended up screwing myself over :/

Edit ok I'm convinced this is jackass day on for glory. Starting to remember why I liked 3ds smash more, most players I've run into tonight have used their name tag to throw out insults nonstop. I maxed out my reports today cuz of them.

Last edited:

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Someone here named Xex on Wii U? I had a LOT of fun playing ya. We shuffled our characters a lot, I started with white Peach, you were Falcon and then ended with a Ness vs Mewtwo match. Name's Timmy (but as Ness I go EFB Timmy)! :)

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
"Jerodak" classic Bowser, 3ds

Ruhara[may be misspelled] (blue zard)
Kirara (pink zard)
And anyone I missed, good games.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GGs to Squabe on 3DS. Used a lot of characters at a high level of skill. Took most of the matches off me.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Shoutouts to "Dominic" on Wii U (his tag was Random, and because he used a different character every match, I'm gonna assume that's because he was picking Random). He always did a mutual taunt at the beginning of every match and whenever he respawned, which was nice for a change on FG. Besides, you just can't help but respect a guy who mains the Random button. GGs to ya, buddy. People like you are what make FG bearable for folks like me.

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Played some late night For Glory sessions on the 3DS and met @Apollyon. He played as Diddy most of the time, but had cycled through Sheik and Meta Knight as well. Pretty good player overall.

GGs to Apollyon. I was the Peach and Meta Knight player who went by 21GMix. As you might have been able to tell, my Peach was a bit rough around the edges. Still training with her.

Last edited:

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Had some fun with Jordan (with ... in tag) on 3DS during what was supposed to be my bedtime. It was really fun mostly losing against your :4lucina: . Couldn't help but smile every time I fell in the same traps against your aerial fairs and DBs.

Sorry that I force shut my 3DS so I would get caught late at night (haha) and I might as well get some sleep now. GGs!

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
Good games to Kurt on 3ds. only won one game off your Lucas and it's fearsome. lol I was thirsty for the kill on pictochat.

lukehouse

Smash Rookie
NNID
lukehousepad
Fought a pretty good Shulk with the tag Jimmy/ NNID: Yanaru95. Destroyed all my secondaries and went pretty even with my Cloud. Shulk dittos were fun too :p My tag was DaZe

Catman856

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1091-9126-2299
I'm username is ghost and alot of people don't want to play me! (danny and -_-)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Fun games to a Mr. Zan. Your Ike is fabulous. You mentioned having some difficulty with RAR b-air, for which I'd just suggest labbing.

Had a lot of fun in the dittos. Don't encounter very many Ikes in FG.

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Nocally, I ran into you on 3DS FG and I am sorry to say you were one of the most disrespectful players I've ever had the misfortune of playing against. I know I'm an awful player - you and your Pikachu did NOT have to rub it in quite so badly when I'm just trying to practice/learn. Consider yourself reported on the game if I ever run into you again in a similar manner, and reported here if you refute it.

Last edited:

Demise0720

Smash Rookie
Good games to Demise0720 on 3DS. I enjoyed fighting your :4fox: those games with my :4lucina:. My :4falco: certainly needs a lot of work though since I'm still testing him out, lol. Hopefully we'll meet again. Sorry for the lag though. ^^;;
The only reason I'm replying is because I didn't know these kinds of threads existed! Lol! I know I'm replying a little late but if you want you could add my Nintendo Id: xX-LAST_ KiNGZ-X_ for Wii u. I gave up on the 3ds version since my data kept getting corrupted for some reason. I hope to play u again soon!

Mr. B

Smash Apprentice
Great games last night with Eden (chill). You were polite and friendly with a rockin Pauletina. I was completely outclassed as Mewtwo but learned a lot... Took so many of my own shadow balls to the face... Mutter...

Spent 2hours in training mode SH.AD.FF.FAiring after you left. Next time I will be sharper.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Shoutout to Sarah with the tag "Saturn" on For Glory Wii U today! I had lots of fun with your wide variety of picks, and your :4pit: was amazing! That last battle with my :4palutena: and your :4pit: was super close. Sucks we didn't hear Palutena say "Sorry about that Pit!". :laugh:

Django2010

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-2677-4948
Shoutout to a 3DS player named Nero. I was D.jango. Your Cloud was fierce. I started sleepin on you after my wins but I regretted that Lol. I couldn't get my edge back.

Poser

Smash Rookie
Shout out to Fabian (tags Jojo, dio, and plastic). You bodied all my characters except for my Kirby. Awesome ike, toon link, and Roy! I was John, tag Have~Fun!

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Nocally, I ran into you on 3DS FG and I am sorry to say you were one of the most disrespectful players I've ever had the misfortune of playing against. I know I'm an awful player - you and your Pikachu did NOT have to rub it in quite so badly when I'm just trying to practice/learn. Consider yourself reported on the game if I ever run into you again in a similar manner, and reported here if you refute it.
Daxter this isn't the right way to think imo. Just because someone above your skill level plays at their best versus you and wins multiple times that isn't at all a reason to report them! (And would it really have been better if he played intentionally worse?)

I understand that you might feel frustrated afterwards but try to instead see it as a great opportunity to learn how to get better instead, and if you saved some replays from the games it can be easy to analyze and see flaws in ones gameplay and what to improve on!

I've played with @Nocally a handful of times and remembered that he was a fantastic Pikachu player but i never saw him doing anything disrespectful, he just played exceptionally well and you shouldn't be able to get banned just because of that.

Top Bottom