• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

ryuu seika

Smash Master
He was one of those guys who beats you twice, then decides to try and show you up with your own character. Normally those people don't stand a chance in Kirby dittos but this guy was different. This guy was good. Really good. He proceeded to beat me with most of the roster, in some of the stupidest ways possible. I managed to avoid the falcon punch but one of the last games we had resulted in his second stock doing nothing but the same move all the way accross the stage until I finally screwed up my evasion of it.
Between that, abusing the fact that ledge invincibility ends before the visual indicator of it and the fact that the 3DS controls randomly decide to hate me on occassion (so many times I was stood next to his shield and couldn't grab), I got pretty pissed off.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Wii U version:
Good games the other night to Manny (who I remember went by the tag "WAIFU!" that used Peach), Mora (who played Peach, Falco and Yoshi) and tony (who played Falco). I had a great time with those matches and would love to face them again sometime. Also would like to give a shout out to a Wario user that I don't remember his name. He was the first Wario I ever fought who did not spammed Bike nor Bite the whole match, which was amazing. I commend him for his wonderful performance. :)

I was Tino who played Little Mac and Rosalina, both in their default colors.

Last edited:

YoshiYoshi

Smash Apprentice
I wish I could find every nice player I ever made feel bad and tell them I didn't mean to hurt their feelings. That's kind of weird, but sometimes I get carried away with myself, doing silly stage-specific-taunts and trying to bring people to 300%, etc.

I don't play the game to show people up, but to have fun myself. I sometimes forget that there is another person on the other side and that I shouldn't do things that would make them feel bad besides playing the game properly. When I run into a player who stresses me out, I take it out on everyone else I play online, and that is wrong.

I wish there were a way to express camaraderie in a way that doesn't seem condescending. We all play the same game, like the same franchises, but the game itself puts us at odds with one another. Fighting games an be really stressful, especially ones which involve favored child-hood mascots and the live or die nature of the game.

For the most part, I like to think I'm doing people a favor by sharing my tens of thousands of matches worth of knowledge, but from now on I'm putting limitations on my more excessive activities. I played against someone who I went a little to far against who didn't deserve to have that happen to him and I feel bad for that.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
To Cynos, you were on point; you thrashed my entire team for the majority of the matches we played. It was fun getting stomped into the ground by you. May we meet again.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
[Wii U]

I had some hilarious 2v2 matches with 2 other Warios named Timi and Collin. Every match with you guys was a blast (especially this part). I don't think I've ever had as much fun on 2v2 as I did before yesterday.

KGB

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4613-7915-9476
DTFaux! I know you're here somewhere, those were great matches in the early morning. Your Robin was the best I've played against in a very long time. I hope to have matches with you sometime again soon.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Bruh, This one player on 3DS simply tagged "Roy"

You played Villager and Rosa and I went Villager but also Kirby and Rosa and ohmygod our matches were the hypest ****! haven't had this much fun on FG for a while, thanks so much man! :D

edit: Funny how we both lost on our corresponding matches going as Rosa lmao( I was totally winning before that fsmash tho... dang bowlingballs >n< )

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
[Wii U]

Had some good matches with a guy named "PK Shine". Your Lucas was really good and also thank you for complimenting my gameplay (I was a Wario named "BC").

I AKU I

Smash Cadet
NNID
murphed
GG's to @nugrun : Sorry about that last match getting cut short. My power went out for a second.. Add me up if you want a rematch! I kinda wanna play your Ness/Mario again.

I was the dude playing Jiggs, Falco, Zelda, and Sonic.

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
MatrixNexus MatrixNexus

Was that your Diddy I played against? They were some fun matches, too bad about the lagging in the final match. Sorry I had to go, too, but most of all I wish we'd met earlier instead of after I'd been playing all day. Would love to fight you fresh and on top of my game, it'd be hype. As it is, I'm so tired I can't even remember who you were first playing as xD Sorry!
I was Link and Villager though. I might have played Olimar against you? I can't even think right now haha.
But yeah, fun matches. Your Diddy game is looking crispy.

EDIT: Oh my gosh! I just looked you up on here, did you ever play as Meta Knight under the tag RIPIwata?! If so, I was that Turnip Girl Villager that had that really intense match with you on the Rest Bomb Forest stage like months ago! That was one of my favorite matches of all time on FG, too, I only won by trying my best, you showed me how good MK can be in Smash4.

If it's not you.. that's uh, a little awkward.

Last edited:

MatrixNexus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Whoisthis0
3DS FC
4785-6210-1190
MatrixNexus MatrixNexus

Was that your Diddy I played against? They were some fun matches, too bad about the lagging in the final match. Sorry I had to go, too, but most of all I wish we'd met earlier instead of after I'd been playing all day. Would love to fight you fresh and on top of my game, it'd be hype. As it is, I'm so tired I can't even remember who you were first playing as xD Sorry!
I was Link and Villager though. I might have played Olimar against you? I can't even think right now haha.
But yeah, fun matches. Your Diddy game is looking crispy.

EDIT: Oh my gosh! I just looked you up on here, did you ever play as Meta Knight under the tag RIPIwata?! If so, I was that Turnip Girl Villager that had that really intense match with you on the Rest Bomb Forest stage like months ago! That was one of my favorite matches of all time on FG, too, I only won by trying my best, you showed me how good MK can be in Smash4.

If it's not you.. that's uh, a little awkward.
I didn't expect to meet another smashboards member on FG. Your villager was terrifying to fight and your Olimar and Link were solid as well. I'll add you if you'd like :p.

And yes, I was RIPIwata as well.

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
Shout outs to a wonderful player I found on For Glory! You know, I could tell just by the amount of detail and care put into your Mii that you were going to be great. I'll admit that I got totally bodied in most of those matches. You are GOOD. Incredible Mewtwo, Falco, and Ganondorf. You're miles better than me as a player and as a low tier hero (I just have Doc and Gunner). This guy was seriously great! He punished my habits like crazy and he said "Good game!" (completely spelled out) after every match. I felt he was getting a little bored at the end, and he left kind of early. I absolutely loved every second against him. He's one of those players who puts logic into every move he makes, so you feel good if he gets a hit on you.

I apologize for my substandard performances. I sent you a friend request... Maybe we could play again? I could learn a lot from you!

Mii name was Steven, tag was S, and your Mii had black hair, a small smile, and a black shirt.

AvengerV

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AvengerV
Anyone else here stuck in For Glory Hell? If so you probably have faced me. My tag was Avenger and used Fox.

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Good matches with BaseForm whom I think mains :4falcon:

I think he also used :4link:

He definitely also used :4falco: and :4ganondorf:

Your Falcon almost clutched to beat my ROB! On that last match, I definitely would've been bummed and a bit salty if I were Falcon. I really like your display of persistence, and that almost worked out. If you went Falcon for a few couple more rounds, my luck would stop saving me and you most likely would've beat me at least once. The last game of your Falcon and my ROB is strong evidence concerning my pure luck/panic.

Then we transitioned to other miscellaneous characters, like my Pac vs. your Link? May be the wrong person, but they were decent matches.

Your Falco is just as good as mine: got the bread and butters down and can decently get the job done. Good use of dtilt.

The Ganon dittos were golden, but unfortunately I had to cut short and call it a night. I at least got a down b spike on your Falco (granted, it was a free one though). I was trying to aim for an offstage Warlock Punch, but of course you're smart enough to not get hit by that. Made me look like a fool. I'm sure that during our dittos, we were frequently switching between advantage and disadvantage states.

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
DRU192 DRU192 on 3DS, I LOVE your aggressive Megaman play style. I was "Xavier" with the black dress Peach.

Our matches were so tense and I haven't had that much fun on FG in a long while.

It was Metal Blades vs Turnips. Your back airs were hard to avoid and I really like how you managed to keep and stall in the air using Rush Coil. We even managed to get into Sudden Death.

Your Megaman was tough to approach and I had to try and mix things up just to come up and grab you, but you always had some sort of trick up your sleeve. I also liked your use of Metal Blades.

Good games DRU192 DRU192 , best Megaman I've seen so far.

DRU192

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DRU192
DRU192 DRU192 on 3DS, I LOVE your aggressive Megaman play style. I was "Xavier" with the black dress Peach.

Our matches were so tense and I haven't had that much fun on FG in a long while.

It was Metal Blades vs Turnips. Your back airs were hard to avoid and I really like how you managed to keep and stall in the air using Rush Coil. We even managed to get into Sudden Death.

Your Megaman was tough to approach and I had to try and mix things up just to come up and grab you, but you always had some sort of trick up your sleeve. I also liked your use of Metal Blades.

Good games DRU192 DRU192 , best Megaman I've seen so far.
Thanks man, I really appreciate the time you took to post this message. I thoroughly enjoyed our matches as well your Peach was really tough to fight against. You had me on my toes more than once. I've been working hard to develop a more aggressive Megaman style (less lemon spam more tricks) it's encouraging to hear it's paying off. I hope to run into you again some time! :)

Bellerophon

Smash Cadet
NNID
mistermaster420
If you're on smashboards Habib, your :4zss: was probably one of the best I've ever seen on FG.

I was the :4ness:/:4lucas:player named Beη.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Yo @J-Rad, thanks for the games. You're pretty good.

And @Rookie, sorry I left. The match got WAY laggy for me. Your Mega Man and Mewtwo are good.

Last edited:

Onnex

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kikirishu
VGGs to dawnpatch on Wii U For Glory!

I was that red/famicom ROB with the Mii name "Kiki"!

I had some really fun ROB dittos with you! I'm currently training with ROB and our matches really helped me learn some things! Thanks for the games! :^)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
3DS version:
Good games para la Mexicana que se llama gaby who mostly used Rosalina and Zelda. Those were some fun matches, even though the Zelda matchup was a pain in the ass. I was Tino who used Mega Man

Also would like to give a shout out to Gus, who used Palutena and Lucina throughout our session. We spent like an hour exchanging wins and loses and I had a great time with him. I was Tino, who used pretty much all my mains you see on my signature. Love to play you again another time, perhaps. :)

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
I think I hard this name before....but shout outs to @Manny who had a Rosalina....even if you did rage quit of the stage lol....But another shout out to @DJSteinway you have the best Yoshi I have ever seen. Good Job and ggs!

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Just played someone on 3DS named thejdude. We had some really even and fun matches and he seemed like a really cool person. sadly, I had to go because I was making food. But if there was ever anyone I wanted to meet online again, it'd be him. =)

BlackCore8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BLCore
Looking to add someone named Andrew. He was playing a great G&W while I was playing various characters. It was the Wii U version.

Pink'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3624-7812
Nice guy called Icarus. Played Shulk, Green Robin, and Yellow Dr. Mario. One of the nicest, most courteous players I've ever played with. I don't think I've ever had so many fun, exciting matches on For Glory.

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
I met an amazing Duck Hunt and Samus player named SpectrumFX! It was so fun to fight you. I felt a little carried by my character at times... You're definitely a better player than I am. I was the Dr. Mario.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Paging Metalex on 3DS For Glory. PLEASE HELP ME. You slaughtered me and I can't help but feel like I was being laughed at the whole time. :(
Yo, just reading through this thread for fun and suddenly i see my name popping up here and there lol.

I think i remember those games we had even if it was a while back, it was pretty fun! And sorry if it felt disrespectful in some way, it was not intentional :o Just send a PM if you would like to challenge me again sometime ^^

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
GGs Sedris. Your Link was absolutely solid. Those matches were a lot of fun and you taught me a lot in order to improve my Link. Thank you.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
[Wii U version]

Good games last night to Taylor, dahrk and Daniel. I had a lot of fun playing our matches and would love to fight them again sometime, I was Tino who used Mega Man the whole time.

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
[Wii U version]

Good games last night to Taylor, dahrk and Daniel. I had a lot of fun playing our matches and would love to fight them again sometime, I was Tino who used Mega Man the whole time.

Funny enough, I also gamed with Dahrk last night. He was fun to fight.

Last edited:

Mason Brown

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4914-2925-6073
Fought a guy named Monument (3ds). He beat me until I warmed up with Samus. Tried Sanus dittos which I won 90% of, but he beat me at my own game with Ddd. I'm Mason in game.

pienapped

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4613-9727-7435
Fought a guy named Lucas on the 3ds, I was named Ant and I fougth his Megaman with my Toon Link. At my last match I made a comeback too against his Link as Falco. Also fought Equan which was a good Ike

Last edited:

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Just fought someone named Tammus on 3DS. They predominantly used Lucas and were really cool. I could see they were working on some of his awesome ATs like his neutral air -> footstool combos and it was really impressive. Keep repping the Mother series, man!

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
Hooray! I FINALLY played someone I've seen on here. Good games, Metalex Metalex !

Oh whoops. Forgot my tag isn't in my 3DS info anymore. I was red Mega Man and blue Ness. You were Mewtwo, Bowser Jr., and ROB.

Last edited:
Top Bottom