• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

I AKU I

Smash Cadet
NNID
murphed
GG's to some dude named Ran? He didn't use a tag, but that was his mii's name. He had a killer falcon. I had success with Sonic, but you were bodying my Sheik hard. Those perfectly spaced RAR bairs were really giving me a headache. Tough to punish, and had some brutal confirms off of hits/throws. Would love to play again sometime, but won't have nearly as much time as I did today because I'll have my hands full with grad courses.

Last edited:

Mwng

Smash Rookie
Very rarely play online, and the chances of whoever I played against reading this are slim. But had some really good games against a Link player and a Roy player. Both schooled me thoroughly, but it was a lot of fun.

I was the scrubby Lucina that didn't roll/shield/grab ever.

Also think this is my first post here, so hi all!

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
GGs to Ei who used Marth, Roy, Ike, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, and Charizard on the 3ds. I think we played against each other for nearly an hour. Every single one of our matches were amazing.

I was the Ryu named [SB]Nexin. If you see this, good games, and I hope to get to face you again soon.

Last edited:

Will Shay

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4768-7983-0903
Had some tremendous matches last night against someone on 3ds under the tag "Marlon"

Very impressive Lucas, i mean I've never seen anyone wall bounce pk thunder 4 times to recover, and never thought i'd have such a hard time finishing you off stage with my Mario or Fox.

I think I ended up winning most of the matches, but I had to play hard. You were on point.
We played for 2.5 hours, and damn were the games good. I saved about 12 replays, had to filter through them, at one point on a fox/lucas matchup we battled off stage for literally 1 minute and 18 seconds straight where we didn't touch solid ground.

Very fun, if you see this let me know

My tag on 3ds is "Stinky" hope you see this.

Flamjam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flamjam
Just fought someone with the tag "Quick". Good games! Especially enjoyed the Toon Link offstage dair on me. Don't go too crazy with those Yoshi fairs, okay? That's why I went Jiggly and spammed rest on you - you kept spacing them wrong. GGs. o/

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Good games to a Lucas player named ANiMA on the Wii U version. You're without a doubt the best Lucas I ever fought on For Glory (I was "BC" and I played as Wario).

Last edited:

Django2010

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-2677-4948
Shoutouts to nomix and Titanus, I enjoyed playing you both. I was using Shulk mainly but switched after a while.

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
GGs, "Drew". Those were some awesome Fox, C. Falcon and Marth dittos. Really enjoyed playing with you.

(I was playing under the name "Its20XX")

abx

Smash Journeyman
Shoutout to uopo from Finland. The matches were fun, a pity we got disconnected.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Quick Shoutout to Sheye who played :4bowser: :4palutena: and (bae):4charizard:

Those Zard dittos were epic. I couldn't even feel salty whever I did something dumb and ran straight into a Flare Blitz. I was too busy having respect for you for using :4charizard:.
And using him well! I went all out against you in the dittos and only managed to take 2 out of 5 games...

then we both swapped, I saw you use bowser and I was like "You are my new best friend"

I only regret that the Smash 3DS doesn't have an Add Friend feature for For Glory. On the off chance that you happen to see this, Good **** mate~

:006:

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice
Yo, good f*cking games to Tyler from Tennessee on 3DS. We must've been playing for a good hour or two and you were putting hands on me at first, but then throughout our session I adapted and we started going back and forth. I saved some replays too for the Zelda forums for critiquing purposes. Would love to play you again, if you're here.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
I played someone named "Jet" on the 3DS last night, He had a good Lucina and Kirby, but I really didn't like that he used some of my Mains after beating me.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Played a very good Roy, Kirby, Sheik, Doc, Mario player on WiiU FG named mig. Played super safe and was really good at reacting and punishing. Games went back and forth.

I was the Red Falcon, DK, Falco, Link, Mac named Metalbro. GGs

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Lrd. Orisis
You are easily the best Rosalina I've some across online.

MaggieMagister

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4657-0072-4618
Shoutouts to [C]trtk (or something like that).

Great Villager. Wish I coulda stayed for more.
Oh, that was me. I remember fighting you a few months ago when I was using the name murabito. You are easily the strongest ganon I've ever fought(by a lot), I'd like to fight you again, you're very strong!

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Oh, that was me. I remember fighting you a few months ago when I was using the name murabito. You are easily the strongest ganon I've ever fought(by a lot), I'd like to fight you again, you're very strong!
Thank you, sir! It's good to finally meet you. I came here looking for you under that name last time, as well, but no luck. Anyway, I'm free for the rest of the day if you'd like to continue at some point. There's a Villager on the eastern part of your state I fight sometimes by the name of Jamnt0ast, so I welcome all the Villager practice I can get.

MaggieMagister

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4657-0072-4618
Thank you, sir! It's good to finally meet you. I came here looking for you under that name last time, as well, but no luck. Anyway, I'm free for the rest of the day if you'd like to continue at some point. There's a Villager on the eastern part of your state I fight sometimes by the name of Jamnt0ast, so I welcome all the Villager practice I can get.
Oh, I'm kinda familiar with Jam, though he probably doesn't know me. I probably can't play for the rest of the day, but I'll add your FC so we can play again sometime.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Oh, I'm kinda familiar with Jam, though he probably doesn't know me. I probably can't play for the rest of the day, but I'll add your FC so we can play again sometime.
No sweat. Just message me when you're available, because I'm attending a Spokane tournament pretty soon, and his Villager's my one obstacle from 1st, so I'm eager as hell to round off my Villager game. :colorful: Got you added.

And, for what it's worth, while Jam's a superb player, I think you've got quite an edge on him.

Last edited:

MaggieMagister

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4657-0072-4618
No sweat. Just message me when you're available, because I'm attending a Spokane tournament pretty soon, and his Villager's my one obstacle from 1st, so I'm eager as hell to round off my Villager game. :colorful: Got you added.

And, for what it's worth, while Jam's a superb player, I think you've got quite an edge on him.
Haha, that's good to know, I'll try to keep it that way. I can probably play in a few hours, so I'll message you then.

Super-Smasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
awesomesauce425
3DS FC
4699-5514-7129
If there is anyone called "Duck You", please, tell me, how to play Duck Hunt.

Amazing job.

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Good games to @AranOcean, I think? I mostly used Ganondorf, but I left with an amusing Link ditto at the end of my session. The best fun I had in a while!

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
i am playing badly tonight after not playing for a few weeks (NO JOHNS), i've been playing melee and timesplitters 2, no time for wii u, but i'm on for glory tonight and honestly half paying attention to these battles, some gold marth i'm beating with roy, then i change to sheik (part of the problem too, i've been sheik on melee) and lose to his average marth and changes his tag to "LOSER" out of nowhere!! so i change mine to "LOLLLL" and the next battle back to roy, all of a sudden this kid has my attention, but he's kicking my arse with falcon because i'm playing so so poorly, he had me 140% to 0% last stock but i came back and won and taunted like a ****. he only got 1 win on me and changed his tag like that, my first encounter with a proper for glory kid! oh his name was "shrey", enjoy the report!!

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
i am playing badly tonight after not playing for a few weeks (NO JOHNS), i've been playing melee and timesplitters 2, no time for wii u, but i'm on for glory tonight and honestly half paying attention to these battles, some gold marth i'm beating with roy, then i change to sheik (part of the problem too, i've been sheik on melee) and lose to his average marth and changes his tag to "LOSER" out of nowhere!! so i change mine to "LOLLLL" and the next battle back to roy, all of a sudden this kid has my attention, but he's kicking my arse with falcon because i'm playing so so poorly, he had me 140% to 0% last stock but i came back and won and taunted like a ****. he only got 1 win on me and changed his tag like that, my first encounter with a proper for glory kid! oh his name was "shrey", enjoy the report!!
I don't think posts like that are the purpose of this thread.

nugrun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NugRun
3DS FC
2122-8507-8701
Ggs to a player with the tag TmSleep. Great ZSS and amazing b reversals/wave bounces that ish was so clean

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
If you be looking for me, I play on Wii U under a new NNID (because I'm using my friends Wii U and forgot to transfer from my other one).

not_shun_one is my alternative NNID as opposed to just shun_one. Player name and tag are still both Shun though.

Amend

Smash Rookie
Shoutout to Andy and his amazing villager. This player's unbelievable when it comes to villager. Probably the best one I've seen. I'm Leoness who used Peach, Kirby, RosaLuma, and WFT. I do gotta say that Kirby was not my best character since I just started with him. Anyways, AMAZING villager. I'd like to battle you againa nd perhaps help me familiarize the Villager MU. Your Ryu is also good, but Idk how to judge a Ryu since I only had 3 battles a with him and barely know the MUs, but you're good with him I can tell.
Hey! That was me, if you want we can add each other and play these days. I really need someone good to criticise my game :)

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
[Wii U] GGs to a really good player named Xman who had the tag x you're orange ike and black fox are formidable, you beat me almost every match, i may have won only one but you had me excited to try my best, i hope to see you again sometime. my user was Richard 89 my secondaries i used were Greninja, Charizard, Robin and Lucina.

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
GGs to someone named Maria. We played for over a hour consisting of Pit vs. Dark Pit battles. I don't think I've played Smash for that long with one person! If you're here Maria, I went by 21GMix. I also used the black Dr. Mario and white Meta Knight.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
GGS to "djcashtag" who played Zss, Sheik, Rosalina, Captain Falcon, Robin, Peach, and Dark Pit. Beat me 4-3, but I had a lot of fun. Hope to play you again someday.

Django2010

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-2677-4948
GG's to someone named breaker on the 3DS. I wish I woulda saved our first match when our attacks collided. I got a lucky kill. Lol Your sheik was in my face all the time.

abx

Smash Journeyman
Hey! That was me, if you want we can add each other and play these days. I really need someone good to criticise my game :)
I remember that some Andy wrecked me with a villager as well, but months ago. I believe I was able to steal some wins with a particular character choice I can't remember, but maybe that was some other villager. But definitely some Andy.

Last edited:

Escappy

Smash Rookie
GGs to someone named Saykrd who played Sheik. Those were really fun matches and your Sheik was really good!

I was the Zelda player named Escappy. I hope to play you again some day.

Felker

Smash Rookie
NNID
Felker
I met a guy called Felker on Wii U a few minutes ago... I wonder if it's @ Felker Felker ? Anyway, that guy's blue Link was just incredible. Seriously, could you ever accept to give me MU advice if you ever see this ?
Hey ! Sorry for the Late Answer but I'm not Checking SB oftenly !
Thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate ! :)
Well, For Link, you several ways to play against him :
- Pressure him a lot on short range with fast moves that will force him to shield and then grab him (Mario is really good at this BTW)
- Make him commit a mistake : a mistake with Link is almost sure to be punished by the opponent : make him believe you will attack in order to make him respond by something you can dodge / won't be in the range and then punish Link because he's a little bit slow
but be careful : Link has a huge grab and boomerang range, a very good Nair that can lead to combos / edgeguards, many ways to kill, especially the up b (on stage or in the air, he can kill).
To make it simple : Link is slow(I'm talking about his speed of attack), if he commits a mistake, he's almost sure to be punished, so make him commit this mistake.
anyway, if you want to play again, it will be a pleasure, and I'll try to answer a little bit quicker next time !

Top Bottom