• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Nah

Smash Champion
To S.Calamari on the Wii U: I....have a hard time understanding why I won some of the games we played when you're clearly the superior player. But it was nice to fight someone skilled, I guess.

LordMudkip

Smash Rookie
NNID
Oblivion93
Shout out to someone that used the name Moon River on the Wii U that used Marth and Rosalina! I used the name Tony and I used Rosalina and Roy.

Those were a great few games! Your Marth was really good, and you had one of the best Rosalinas I've ever played on FG. You completely destroyed my Roy with her, and that was the most fun I've had with a Rosie ditto in a long time!

Sorry we didn't get to play more, I had something come up. I hope I can get the opportunity to play you again sometime!

Also, I just got done playing someone named Saiko that used Sheik. First time in a while that I've played a Sheik in FG that put up a good fight and was actually fun to play with. Those matches were a lot of fun, and I'd love to play again sometime!

And last, I played against someone that used a mii named Ian and the tag "Notso." I don't remember who exactly who I started with, but we ended up playing several Palutena ditto matches, then we just played a bunch of random games. You were really good with most of the characters you used, I hope I can get to play you again sometime!

Last edited:

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
[3DS] to AIRAT, those villager Dittos were awesome, your villager is really good and tricky to beat! GGs :D

oogamania

Smash Cadet
NNID
oogaman
Shoutouts to a player named ANN on FG! close games in the DHD and Rosa MU, but bodied my Mario, however the C.Falcon got eaten alive by my Mario, still great games!

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
On the 3DS I go by "Yami" last night I played with someone who seemed to go by "TJ" that person was really fun and enjoyable to play with, and I was hoping I could find that person again for more fights.

The last match we had was me being Toon Link, andyou (TJ) being R.O.B if you're that person, send me a message please c:

SherrdreamZ

Jubilant Adept Princess
NNID
SherrdreamZ
I played the best Marth ive ever played with a username like Demonblack a week ago and got completely outplayed and slaughtered as Lucina/Zelda which was frankly awesome! Also played an Incredible peach using the Playertag "Peachy" last month that almost made me want to give up trying to play her with how incredible they played, and the Unique mixups and combos that would sometimes reach about 50%. Two players that outclassed me in their roles and that left an impression.. ^^

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Passing by here to say that if someone has ever found someone by the name Giga Kaiju (or Hernan) in For Glory or online at all, that was me. :cool:

Mostly, I stay with Dr. Mario as of these days, but I also play with Falco, Pac-Man and Roy as of right now.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
My Mii's name is Solar,based off of Solar Man from MM10(though i haven't played the games :p) and my name tag is Volga on FG if anyone's seen me. I'll mainly Play Little Mac,and I'm learning Lucas/Charizard right now.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Yesterday I fought an awesome Lucario player who used the tag "PAD". You were really good! I was glad to finally meet a good sport after so long! :b:

CaptainAsherz

Smash Rookie
NNID
CaptainAsherz
3DS FC
0962-9033-2364
I just ran into the nicest 3DS FG player.
You had a female mii and your name was B, from the UK/Wales. You have such a good yoshi! I was playing pit and peach. Please let me know if you're on here.
Changing to Zelda for the last match to wave goodbye was such a nice touch.
-Asherz

LAGxSugar

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4399-0461-2089
Just fought a yellow Ness named rafael (I was Kirby) on 3DS. We played four games, three of which I hardly won, and although it was a short experience, I had a lot of fun! If you're reading this, send me your friend code so we can fight again!

Turtlez

Smash Rookie
NNID
SpankAGank
3DS FC
4742-4730-1796
Yo guys, i'm an extremely active 3ds for glory player, and have been since the game released. I just found this thread, so if you recognize me, or wanna play me again. Give me a shoutout or message me! :D

Edit: Does anyone know XOC Casey? Or even the crew XOC and its leader?

Last edited:

LittlePac

Smash Cadet
No but I play fairly often on there late at night, if you ever see a Salmon colored Ryu it's probably me

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909
In Smash 3D I go by the name JANAY and just had some fun matches with someone who goes by the name Arjun. Was hoping they were on this site so we could fight some more some other time. Also there was a guy who just went by the letter j in smash 3DS as well, he and I were both Capt. Falcon in our matches, and he plays him better than me, but I feel like our fights have made me a little better at Falcon and was hoping I could fight them some more too... Like a sparring partner.

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice
Shout out to someone that used the name Moon River on the Wii U that used Marth and Rosalina! I used the name Tony and I used Rosalina and Roy.

Those were a great few games! Your Marth was really good, and you had one of the best Rosalinas I've ever played on FG. You completely destroyed my Roy with her, and that was the most fun I've had with a Rosie ditto in a long time!

Sorry we didn't get to play more, I had something come up. I hope I can get the opportunity to play you again sometime!

Also, I just got done playing someone named Saiko that used Sheik. First time in a while that I've played a Sheik in FG that put up a good fight and was actually fun to play with. Those matches were a lot of fun, and I'd love to play again sometime!

And last, I played against someone that used a mii named Ian and the tag "Notso." I don't remember who exactly who I started with, but we ended up playing several Palutena ditto matches, then we just played a bunch of random games. You were really good with most of the characters you used, I hope I can get to play you again sometime!
You probably fought AceStarThe3rd, big YouTuber. You might've even been on stream.

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice
[3DS] GGs with @Metalex yesterday, I believe this is the second time I've faced you on FG. You were a superb player, great :4morton::4falcon::4luigi:and :4kirby: :D
i'm morgan and used mainly :4villager: and :4lucas:
Yo I just fought this dude on Anther's Ladder yesterday. We went two sets of BO3, then had a psuedo-grand finals set of BO5, in which he came out on top. His ROB is insane.

KnightofPizza

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LergiOfficial
Shoutouts to Feryl/Feryi (I couldn't read those silly characters), solid Shiek and MK, though Villager was a bit lacking. Didn't see much of Pikachu because I SD'd. I was the yellow G&W for all of our matches.

GGs to GP(dot)Ivan, really nice Peach, and got a Bob-Omb for the first two matches, and a Stitch in the third. I was the green Dedede.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Shoutout to J Fresh who's probably the best Ryu I've ever fought. Dude has his combos and tech down 100%.
If you see this, I was the scrubby Kirby/Bowser who switched to Ryu dittos. I had a lot of fun.

Chdelamo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chdelamo
This thread is awesome! Very cool idea, I play on the wii u under the name DELAMO usually go back and forth between yoshi, King dedede and Mario.

I know I've had some awesome match ups before and some people wreck me, Has anyone faced me before? Thoughts?

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Shoutouts to a guy called Sid on 3DS. You played a Dark Samus, Green Mega Man, DK and a red/white Mario, and it was the most fun I've had on For Glory for quite a while. We had some close games, and it was a shame when you had to leave. GGs.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Shoutouts to Chezz, whom I fought earlier today that mained Roy against my Lucina... props! I've had a lot of fun fighting you even if I got my butt handed to me 90% of our matches. Your sportsmanship was amazing, I hope we get to play some matches together again sometime!

My Smash tag is an elaborate "Tomato"!

...Then you changed your name tag and character to Fox and it made me sad. But GGs anyways!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
[Wii U]
I had some great games with a Meta Knight named for loop. You're aerials were tough to avoid though it was still fun playing with you (I was a Wario named BC).

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
[3DS]

GGs to a @Mr. Clutch i enjoyed our 1vs1 matches, especially with your capt. falcon, Ganondorf, fox and other characters you went, i hope you see this and respond.

Mo433

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mo4233
3DS FC
0173-2195-9739
[Wii U] I played some one under the name MetalMan MetalMan yesterday night. Played a really quick and combo heavy Fox.

Just wanna say good games! We were doing some real pro combos in our matches.

MetalMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GabrieloMiguel
[Wii U] I played some one under the name MetalMan MetalMan yesterday night. Played a really quick and combo heavy Fox.

Just wanna say good games! We were doing some real pro combos in our matches.
Mo! I forgot to add yousince I was sleepy but your Kirby put in work. Ill add you soon so we can keep playing.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
ayy shotouts to a Dedede player on 3DS by the tag "Dee"

I went Ganon, Villager, Kirby and DK on our matches amd we had some stylish and taunt fueled sparring, was a blast~

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Just played a 3DS set with someone named Aaron. It started with his Sheik vs. my Mewtwo and we kind of ran the gamut from there. Really good games, man. We seemed very evenly matched. =)

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Just sandbagged a player on 3ds by the tag @Forbidden
tried to taunt and teabag to see if he would stop being so srs but he never did :c

I did played like the first 2 matches seriously but the rest was pure ****around, guess he never got the idea.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
GGs to Brandoon... ?

He was a 3ds player with a good falco and a GREAT Dr. Mario.

The only thing I regret is lag. Though, with it we had some laughs, but it did certainly make it harder to play. I was the Jigglypuff/peach named Dom.

Nonetheless, GGs!

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
GGs to El!as. It's not everyday that you get to be a part of a Greninja ditto as exciting as the one I experienced! was the player under 21GMix.

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Paging Metalex on 3DS For Glory. PLEASE HELP ME. You slaughtered me and I can't help but feel like I was being laughed at the whole time. :(

Turtlez

Smash Rookie
NNID
SpankAGank
3DS FC
4742-4730-1796
I just played a wicked good Sheik and Luigi main, name was alexander. He was really good. I wanna play him again.

iBanished

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0662-4304-8624
Met an individual today on the 3ds in FreeForAll ->For Glory. MewTeen2. We were both Little Macs and the two remaining characters were two Pit's. No one wore their characters original costume which made the experience feel more personal.

Many battles opened with a clash of steel or tooth or fist or marrow and this was no exception. A stalemate between the Pit-duo, the rival Mac separating the two. I attacked both everyone and no one in particular within the heart of the battle for my pride would not allow me to focus on the individual who took most damage from the initial impact. Needless to say I took the most damage by about 30%.
After thirty-five seconds into the match, I engaged in a sloppy manner and countered the air and was punished immediately. I was tossed like a ragdoll from the left side of the map, high into the air, arcing slowly and plummeting right back down, to the right hand side of the screen, landing by the edge. As I stood up I noticed the rival Mac watching me from a few feet away. Not attacking. Perhaps there was lag? The two Pits still clashing in their respective corner. Huh, hesitation I thought. I flicked a jab into the air, followed by a few squats. To my surprise the other Mac followed suit with some squats and a jab. That was the moment we made an unspoken, honour-bound bond. Together our combined weaknesses and strengths proved to mesh effectively even as the same character.
So, short story expanded, (then recondensed, likely to the relief of the readers) Thank you "MewTeen2", for your loyalty and contribution to our conspired alliance that awarded us both at least victory a piece. Cheers my friend!

Last edited:

Turtlez

Smash Rookie
NNID
SpankAGank
3DS FC
4742-4730-1796
Met an individual today on the 3ds in FreeForAll ->For Glory. MewTeen2. We were both Little Macs and the two remaining characters were two Pit's. No one wore their characters original costume which made the experience feel more personal.

Many battles opened with a clash of steel or tooth or fist or marrow and this was no exception. A stalemate between the Pit-duo, the rival Mac separating the two. I attacked both everyone and no one in particular within the heart of the battle for my pride would not allow me to focus on the individual who took most damage from the initial impact. Needless to say I took the most damage by about 30%.
After thirty-five seconds into the match, I engaged in a sloppy manner and countered the air and was punished immediately. I was tossed like a ragdoll from the left side of the map, high into the air, arcing slowly and plummeting right back down, to the right hand side of the screen, landing by the edge. As I stood up I noticed the rival Mac watching me from a few feet away. Not attacking. Perhaps there was lag? The two Pits still clashing in their respective corner. Huh, hesitation I thought. I flicked a jab into the air, followed by a few squats. To my surprise the other Mac followed suit with some squats and a jab. That was the moment we made an unspoken, honour-bound bond. Together our combined weaknesses and strengths proved to mesh effectively even as the same character.
So, short story expanded, (then recondensed, likely to the relief of the readers) Thank you "MewTeen2", for your loyalty and contribution to our conspired alliance that awarded us both at least victory a piece. Cheers my friend!
Tons of friendlies on For Glory lol.

LordMudkip

Smash Rookie
NNID
Oblivion93
Just played some great games on the Wii U with someone that had the mii name JDK and used the tag Purp. I used the name Tony. He used Ryu, and I used Roy.

Those were some pretty intense games! You were easily the best Ryu I've ever played, and I enjoyed getting the opportunity to learn from you. It was great getting to see firsthand what Ryu is capable of in the hands of someone that knows what they're doing.

Thanks a lot for the games. I hope I'll get the chance to play you again sometime!

Last edited:
Top Bottom