• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

4MyFriends

Smash Cadet
Good games to HERO who used :4link: and :4feroy:. Your Link and Roy were amazing and it was really fun playing against you. If you read this, I hope we can play again sometime. :)

Flamjam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flamjam
GGs to Chesser! Was fun, and your Olimar was boss. I was definitely cheesing at the end though - it feels like nobody knows how to counterpick jigglypuff other than shieldbreaker ;___; ain't got time for that

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
K-HART, wherever you are, good games. I was the white Zelda and purple Greninja you fought by the name 21GMix. Your Charizard had me...thinking lol!
Good games to HERO who used :4link: and :4feroy:. Your Link and Roy were amazing and it was really fun playing against you. If you read this, I hope we can play again sometime. :)
Link and Roy? Do you think that it may actually be "Hiro"?

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
GG to a Captain Falcon Player with the Tag "Gelli", Really fun time dude, Hope we can play again sometime, your Falcon is awesome and our FalconDong Matches were just so fun.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Played against an amazing luigi last night.

His name was Jeffuks i think. Dude, I had to go all out against you. I coudln't afford to miss-space a single fair, or you'd tack on like 70% from one grab >_>. I managed to take about half the games, but in the games where I lost focus even a little, you outright crushed me, lol.

GG's. I seriously hope we get to duke it out again.

:006:

Flamjam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flamjam
To someone named Ape who played with a ? tag - boss games! Always great to come across someone good! And your cheeky Jiggly at the end - welp. Well played.

YoshiYoshi

Smash Apprentice
K-HART, wherever you are, good games. I was the white Zelda and purple Greninja you fought by the name 21GMix. Your Charizard had me...thinking lol!
I've played K-HART. Easily the best Charizard I've faced on the 3DS, if that's where he was.

This was months ago, but his shield rush game was impeccable. I couldn't throw eggs at all because dash > shield > Jab or grab would break right through every time. The only success I had against him as mostly due to technology that I possessed at the time that he probably didn't know about. I was at a clear disadvantage every match.

Last edited:

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
I've played K-HART. Easily the best Charizard I've faced on the 3DS, if that's where he was.

This was months ago, but his shield rush game was impeccable. I couldn't throw eggs at all because dash > shield > Jab or grab would break right through every time. The only success I had against him as mostly due to technology that I possessed at the time that he probably didn't know about. I was at a clear disadvantage every match.
Yeah. Too bad we won't see him again, like the majority of For Glory players.

YoshiYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. Too bad we won't see him again, like the majority of For Glory players.
I wouldn't be so sure. You could always 'see him in hell' if you know what I mean. Otherwise, I guess the odds of rematch are in the one in tens of thousands which is pretty bad.

I certify that he had good internet so I'd be down for a rematch.

There are a lot of people playing even on 3DS who could compete of tournaments if they were a part of the scene. This game has a long time ahead of it, so I never underestimate anyone on wifi. They could be a future best player or something, but fate would have to bring them to the tournament scene.

---

Since I haven't shouted anyone out, shout out to the Bowser Jr. from Massachusetts that I faced in reported hell on the 3DS a few days ago. I don't need to say your name because that is sufficient. You reminded me that my character isn't viable against good players and once I am done spreading my message to the world I can rid myself of my intense For Glory addition.

Nothing about the match matter except that I could beat your Fair or Bair. They were just superior moves to everything I could possibly do to you. Your JC U-Smash OoS is broken compared to others...what is that frame 6, 7? That's insane. And combos? Clown Kart mindgames? Bowser Jr. OP.

I no longer take any joy in beating a player who doesn't know as much about the game as me. Any other player with any other character with a full understanding of the game has my number. Now I just get mad at low skill players for not invalidating my existence.

Last edited:

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
I wouldn't be so sure. You could always 'see him in hell' if you know what I mean. Otherwise, I guess the odds of rematch are in the one in tens of thousands which is pretty bad.

I certify that he had good internet so I'd be down for a rematch.

There are a lot of people playing even on 3DS who could compete of tournaments if they were a part of the scene. This game has a long time ahead of it, so I never underestimate anyone on wifi. They could be a future best player or something, but fate would have to bring them to the tournament scene.
You'll probably find him again. I find a ton of players I've played previously, so the same should happen to you theoretically.

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
You'll probably find him again. I find a ton of players I've played previously, so the same should happen to you theoretically.
You're probably just very, very lucky. The last time I saw someone again was several months ago.

Django2010

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-2677-4948
If you're out there CodeZero, I enjoyed our Fox v Falco matches. I had to bail.

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
Just went on to play a game or two(3DS), and ended up playing over an hour of games with a player named "L". They were fantastic. I was "Clyde" that started out with some games as Roy (Our boy), and then shifted to Dark Pit. Thanks for the absolutely fantastic long row of games. I actually had to go at the same time you seemed to. c: GGs.

Last edited:

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
I've met quite a few friendly Robin ditto-players today. Good for you! I shared a replay of one of you on the UK channel, praising you :D

Also, you all started the match with a "Tip the scales" taunt. You're gonna go far, guys..!

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I just fought a player named Kara. She was a lot of fun playing different characters like Captain Falcon, Link, Roy, Sheik and Ganondorf (who i personally think is her best character). Hopefully we fight again someday because she was awesome :)

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Awhile ago, I fought a player named Madpeng... On 3DS. He had a good Zelda, and his puff was looking fine. I was Jigglypuff the whole Time except the second or third match, where I played Zelda. GGs

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
GGs to a Duck Hunt player with the tag Underdog, mii name Josh. We had a fairly smooth and stable connection considering we're an ocean apart, with very little lag. I was the Galacta Knight (for one match lol) and light blue ROB. Very entertaining games, I loved the traps you set up with the cans and your smashes to cover my ledge options.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
Ggs to FlrMario who used Diddy Kong and Sheik on the 3ds. Both of your characters were amazing, especially your Diddy who I couldn't take a game from. I wish you would have used him a few more games because I rarely ever face a good Diddy.

I was the red Palutena and pink Ryu named [SB]Nexin.

KnightofPizza

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LergiOfficial
GGs to a Duck Hunt player with the tag Underdog, mii name Josh. We had a fairly smooth and stable connection considering we're an ocean apart, with very little lag. I was the Galacta Knight (for one match lol) and light blue ROB. Very entertaining games, I loved the traps you set up with the cans and your smashes to cover my ledge options.
I think I've fought that guy before on FG, he's a really good Duck Hunt, one of the best I've seen.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Awesome games to submaster F, your sheik was mighty fine and while I won about 7/8 with my Kirby, they were all super close games c:

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
And to a Palutena named Austin. Your Palutena wasn't bad but calm down with the rolling. With all those throws you got me with you could of done some more then just fair after. You got super defensive and predictable which lead me to the win. Good game and try to be more free form.
How did I miss this? I decided to search my name and character to see if anybody had given me a shoutout before I joined the forum, but I honestly wasn't expecting to find anything.

My name on my 3ds used to be Austin, my main is Palutena, and I know I had quite a few fairly bad habits when it came to defense and overused down throw up until about late March or early April. This was most likely me you faced.

Last edited:

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
How did I miss this? I decided to search my name and character to see if anybody had given me a shoutout before I joined the forum, but I honestly wasn't expecting to find anything.

My name on my 3ds used to be Austin, my main is Palutena, and I know I had quite a few fairly bad habits when it came to defense and overused down throw up until about late March or early April. This was most likely me you faced.
Might of very well been. I just quoted you in another thread as we think alikeso you've very likely come a long way. If you ever want to play again just let me know and I'll give you my 3ds FC as I unfortunately don't play on Wii U (don't own one).

Casey Chase

Undine~
3DS FC
1521-4138-1029
Shoutout to DeadlyDude (?), the DDD and Robin who I just played. That DDD was quite good, and your Robin was as good as mine (if not outclassing it by a bit). If you're here, I'd love to fight you again.

I was the red Lucina and Female Robin with the name Mugi.

Krew4lifex

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2492-4314-3232
My name is dave usually hopping between fox and a ZSS whoever Bleezy was ran into him/her a couple times great player no lag great games please find me :D

ARKills

Smash Cadet
NNID
sl33py1
3DS FC
0404-5541-7941
GGs Neo, your Roy, Sheik and Lucina are all great.

I was Ariel, I played Mario, Falco and Marth.

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Shoutouts to Plino. Had so much fun with the Rosalina dittos! You got to show me how you're ableI went by 21GMix. You also had able to rapid jab with Luma so freely. I can only do it by using Launch Star. You were also pretty good with Villager and Robin, which I find a rarity.

Last edited:

nugrun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NugRun
3DS FC
2122-8507-8701
[Wii U] Played against a very fast/skilled sheik player by the name "HMD" @HMD? hands down best sheik I've ever seen on FG. Also played a very good Ryu. Great games, I learned a ton

nugrun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NugRun
3DS FC
2122-8507-8701
Also shoutout to a falcon player on 3ds by the tag "DavidG28" your falcon was so good. Sick knees and such

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
i played someone named JELEE or something, you kept choosing the characters i was choosing, probably because i chose roy after our first game sheik v roy, but that's because i wanted to use my main! your ryu was sweet, i really wanted to beat it in that second game to show i have a decent roy but then the third game you wrecked me, i was being way too hyper. then i chose shulk and some other fun characters, i can either be randomly good with shulk or make him look disabled, this match was definitely the latter :p i remember thinking you were a good example of a patient player who hits good inputs when you should, something i lack most times, composure. i was JJJ (simba)

lol i played a japanese guy who was falcon v my sheik and won, i played so terribly but could tell he wasn't too good. next game i kind of forgot between games who i was playing and picked roy, i wanted to go all out. they picked green donkey kong, i went all out and felt a bit bad but wanted to treat the game seriously so i showed no remorse. i got both kills with spikes which i've never done and was so proud of. :p

Last edited:

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Mostly GGs to Gevlyn on 3DS. I say mostly becuase some matches were quite... Unfortunate. >.<
I also made quite a few miss inputs and had some bad reaction time...

He was pretty good, and reminded me that I need to work on my secondaries a bit, and same for puff. Nice pikachu!

Last edited:

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
I just played a really good player named Sequoia on the 3DS. Your Robin and Bowser were really good, and you kept me on my toes during all of our matches!

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
[3ds]

Good games to Dusty. Your Game&Watch was one of the better I've come across and I appreciated the long set. Seems in the end you just wanted a win to bail but...ah well. You seemed to keep throwing aerials at me expecting them to work and for a while the bair did get me as I was unsure when to time to stop blocking but I got it. I got that you got frustated as it went along, especially when I kept surviving all those edgeguard attempts.

Twewy

Smash Lord
@XexLuna77, thanks for the laughs and the matches. You're pretty good.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
Ggs to a player that a faced earlier today named Miv that used Fox, Marth, Ganondorf, and Jigglypuff on the 3ds. You were an extremely strong and fun to play against, and your Jigglypuff was easily the best that I ever faced.

I was the red Ike named [SB]Nexin. I hope to face you again soon.

Bellerophon

Smash Cadet
NNID
mistermaster420
Ggs to a guy named RE|Raizur (EDIT: It was probably @raizur ) I played yesterday on the Wii U. I was the guy named Ben. You completely bodied my Ness as Pikachu, then you played as Ness the next match while I was Pit, and I got a pretty large percentage on you until you just broght it back, ending it with a backthrow + okey combo.

My feelings were only mildly hurt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom