• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Ggs to a 3ds player named Rockobrain on for glory 1vs1, the reason i went there was to see if i could encounter one of my online friends, but i decided to have some matches against you, two matches later you played very tricky, most people i come across on 3ds know little to nothing about mind games, but your mario and other characters you chose made me play a game of cunning and wits which i failed spectacularly at a couple mistakes. Sorry I had to leave due to my battery being extremely low.

you have a solid mario, and i hope you see this message eventually. My tag was Richard 89 (only shows Richard... on 3ds version. I was the Blue Falco, White Marth, Default Ike, Black Bowser, and my secondaries Robin and Greninja (color schemes i use can be found in my sig). I hope we get to play again soon.​

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Damn! super Ggs to man with tag, "FIRE" (oroboros)

It was seriously supposed to be my last match of the evening, but instead you showed up and we had Marth dittos for ****n THREE HOURS WITH SERIOUSLY ZERO LAG. i swear i was playing offline xD

Great connection, great matches. I hate dittos but this was definitely an exception! Nice Marth dewd :3 We should totally practice more often because that connection ran like a dream. <3

image.jpg

Last edited:

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
3ds

Shayne (Shulk, Little Mac): Good games, it's unfortunate that you had to leave, I would have stuck around to play more. Bowser is a tough match up for both of those characters, but you put up with me for a while anywat. Very good job with that Shulk edgeguard in the last game.

SlugFest (Bowser): Thank you for the dittos, it's rare that I encounter another Bowser online. You did a good job of remaining calm and making use of the jab. I also really liked that comeback you made in our first game. (Please do upload that if you can, I neglected to save it.) I would have stayed for more games, but I had to get ready to leave.

Gloomle... (Villager): After turning off my 3ds (right after fighting SlugFest) it turned out I had a little extra time after all, so I tried to squeeze in another game or two. Unfortunately, we ended up driving away from the access point I was connected to halfway into our match. :lol: It was fun while it lasted though.

There were also two solid players who only stuck around for a single game, one used Pikachu, the other one used Ness. Good games to both of you as well, I enjoyed each of those games.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
I know I said this before, but
@ Skybunny Skybunny the battles we just had were amazing and I enjoyed every moment :}

Stupid communication error ruined it for me though, sorry about that ;(

Still exciting to play with you again, as much as I would do friendlies.....error code makes it impossible.

Thanks for those good times <3

Skybunny

Smash Cadet
NNID
Skybunny
I know I said this before, but
@ Skybunny Skybunny the battles we just had were amazing and I enjoyed every moment :}

Stupid communication error ruined it for me though, sorry about that ;(

Still exciting to play with you again, as much as I would do friendlies.....error code makes it impossible.

Thanks for those good times <3
Great games! No worries, it was really fun playing! Great Zelda, Kirby, and Ness btw!

link2702

Smash Champion
funnny how someone will get cocky after a single win and leave, despite you know....me destroying said player countless times previous matches using random characters.

Still though, I guess they want to leave with something to cling to

GA_Mordecai

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2208-6450-7000
To a green Megaman main who's name was lemonli... (stopped there) I'm GA_Mordy (3DS) and gotta say man that Megaman was AWESOME! I saved the replay where I went Ike against you and afterward wanted to do a ditto but before I got to the selection screen you left. I'd love to play some more matches with you because that replay taught me so much(I main Megaman btw). My bad for bad connection though a lot of stuff was hapoening in my house at the time.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
To the user playing as Ric during our fights, I was enjoying our matches until you swapped to the name, "UPLYLKPSY", which I'm pretty sure translates to "you play like a *****". Learn to contain the salt, mate.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Wii U version:
I fought two amazing Rosalina (both in her black colored dress) users recently with the latest one who went by the name sam. Not very fond of Rosa dittos even though I beat him twice out of the 3 matches. I would then use Mega Man to brush up my skills with him but in the end, it was too much (only beat his Rosa once with him xD). I still had fun though and I was Tino by the way. Shout outs to everyone else I've played. :)

SnakeEyeSolstice

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4442-0158-0252
Made this account in hopes of finding Kone from New York, who played a pretty beast Dark Pit :D. I had tons of fun playing you in FG for those few hours, and they were very ggs. I was Solstice, who at first entered as a red Kirby and then afterwards always played as a pretty derpy Greninja that crawled from one side of stage to the other when you died, and ran to the opposite end of the stage and taunted after I died.

I hope we can play again in the future. ^^

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Good games to a "Kabutat--" (names cuts off here #3DS problems)
None the less, Good games! You gave me some great Jigglypuff MU experience, we can just ignore those disgusting SDs, right? :B

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GGs to a player named Darkal from Puerto Rico. He/She used Palutena, Zelda, Diddykong and Roy. This Palutena was absolutely terrifying. I lost like 3 games in a row to her using my DK. Eventually I caught on to some bad habits and started winning. We ended with some Marth vs Roy matches that were really close.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Great games to some dude called Franco who had a great Bowser! Shame he left while it was 1 win each :c

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
Shoutouts to a guy named Hiro, I think. GGs. You gave my white Marth the beating of a lifetime. It probably doesn't help that I don't use him often. And that I was playing at 1:30 in the morning lol!

KazMed

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
If anyone has to put up with ☆Zaid☆'s bull**** then r.i.p them.

Damn this scum to the pits of oblivion. He uses Megaman. Spams leafshield and grab+throw and shields any attack so as to take minimal damage while leaving you with no options. Finishes stocks with grabs. Taunts, teabags. Overall ****** of a player, needs to get good.

&to anyone thinking I'm some sort of sore loser I'd like to see you try me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64

Damn this scum to the pits of oblivion. He uses Megaman. Spams leafshield and grab+throw and shields any attack so as to take minimal damage while leaving you with no options. Finishes stocks with grabs. Taunts, teabags. Overall fagg*t of a player, needs to get good.

I think I've fought this guy before. What alternate color was he using?

4MyFriends

Smash Cadet
Fought a guy named Shadow. He was very good with Robin.

I hope you read this man. It was fun. :D

link2702

Smash Champion

Damn this scum to the pits of oblivion. He uses Megaman. Spams leafshield and grab+throw and shields any attack so as to take minimal damage while leaving you with no options. Finishes stocks with grabs. Taunts, teabags. Overall fagg*t of a player, needs to get good.

sorry but you're a sore loser.

whining and complaining about him, isn't gonna change anything. And if he's spamming LEAFSHIELD?! of all things, and its working against you? yeah you got no one to blame but yourself for that one. Sounds more like you're the one who needs to "get good" The whole point is to minimize your opponents options while capitalizing on your own. He's doing exactly what a smart player should be doing.

Sure the teabagging is kinda disrespectful on his part, but look at how you're acting. calling him a "<insert derogatory term for homosexuals here> of a player" because he knew how to beat your strategy and win.

lemme guess, you're one of those players who also changes their nametags to insults when you lose and leave before the next match starts to avoid getting reported for it?

From your attitude alone with that post, I already have *FAR* less respect for you then this Zaid person. You come off as a typical miiverse casual who can't handle that he got outplayed. I suggest you stick to for fun mode if you can't handle what happens in for glory.

Last edited:

KazMed

Smash Rookie
sorry but you're a sore loser.

whining and complaining about him, isn't gonna change anything. And if he's spamming LEAFSHIELD?! of all things, and its working against you? yeah you got no one to blame but yourself for that one. Sounds more like you're the one who needs to "get good" The whole point is to minimize your opponents options while capitalizing on your own. He's doing exactly what a smart player should be doing.

Sure the teabagging is kinda disrespectful on his part, but look at how you're acting. calling him a "<insert derogatory term for homosexuals here> of a player" because he knew how to beat your strategy and win.

lemme guess, you're one of those players who also changes their nametags to insults when you lose and leave before the next match starts to avoid getting reported for it?

From your attitude alone with that post, I already have *FAR* less respect for you then this Zaid person. You come off as a typical miiverse casual who can't handle that he got outplayed. I suggest you stick to for fun mode if you can't handle what happens in for glory.
Hmph. I see the all-assuming being has made their appearance.
Look at all the friendcodes you're dropping.

Of course whining and complaining isn't going to change anything, have you ever witnessed someone venting? I can complain however I see fit.

Do you even know what spam is? By saying "He's doing exactly what a smart player should be doing," is effectively supporting all spammers who lack actual skill and therefore spam techniques to annoy other players. Someone who assumes, like yourself, obviously doesn't have much experience.

And here we go, the assuming being has stepped up his game. I apparently change my nametag to insults. Wonder how you found that out about me. It's obviously impossible for an individual who complains, such as myself, to simply, respectfully, only use my nickname as a nametag. But I couldn't do that, not in your mind.

Mhm, one post of me complaining is enough to show my overall attitude, hence your never-ending assumptions about me only continuing. I don't care what kind of respect you have for me, I don't know you. Lol, I'm a Miiverse casual who can't handle the game. Thanks for the laugh. And you even think I would enjoy For Fun, wow. As if I need items to ruin my competitive play. Get real. I stick to For Glory. I've dealt with all kinds of B.S like we all have. Lag, spammers, disrespectful players, and people who simply pwn you. And you have the nads to describe me as some noob player. Just quit assuming already, it's a turn-off. You don't even know me, mate.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
[Wii U]
I had some fun matches a few days ago with someone named D3STRKSHIN (or something that sounded like D3STRUCTION), who just completely destroyed me with King Dedede. If you happen to be reading this you're probably the best Dedede player I ever fought on For Glory (I was a Wario named BC).

link2702

Smash Champion
Hmph. I see the all-assuming being has made their appearance.
Look at all the friendcodes you're dropping.

Of course whining and complaining isn't going to change anything, have you ever witnessed someone venting? I can complain however I see fit.

Do you even know what spam is? By saying "He's doing exactly what a smart player should be doing," is effectively supporting all spammers who lack actual skill and therefore spam techniques to annoy other players. Someone who assumes, like yourself, obviously doesn't have much experience.

And here we go, the assuming being has stepped up his game. I apparently change my nametag to insults. Wonder how you found that out about me. It's obviously impossible for an individual who complains, such as myself, to simply, respectfully, only use my nickname as a nametag. But I couldn't do that, not in your mind.

Mhm, one post of me complaining is enough to show my overall attitude, hence your never-ending assumptions about me only continuing. I don't care what kind of respect you have for me, I don't know you. Lol, I'm a Miiverse casual who can't handle the game. Thanks for the laugh. And you even think I would enjoy For Fun, wow. As if I need items to ruin my competitive play. Get real. I stick to For Glory. I've dealt with all kinds of B.S like we all have. Lag, spammers, disrespectful players, and people who simply pwn you. And you have the nads to describe me as some noob player. Just quit assuming already, it's a turn-off. You don't even know me, mate.
posts like this one of yours only solidify my point you know that right? I won't bother getting into a huge flame war with you, you've proven enough that you're the prime definition of what the competitive gaming community likes to refer to as a scrub.

Also FYI, even if I faced you, it wouldn't matter on who wins; you're attitude alone still solidifies you as a scrub player; regardless of the results of a match. You're one who can't get around a particular tactic, or complains calling something "unfair/cheap/spam" instead of trying to find a way around it. You whine and complain when you lose, and make excuses for why you lose, instead of thinking just what you did wrong that caused that loss in the first place.

and one final note, leaf shield isn't exactly one of megaman's best moves, and if the player was "Spamming" it like you so claim, that only shows your lack of skill more so, as you seem to be completely stumped by one single move.

I won't bother continuing, in fact I'll do what I should of done with your first post, report it to the MODs, after all this topic is not supposed to be about players whining because they can't get around a tactic, regardless of whether the mods come in and give us both warnings/infractions, I do believe it is worth it as we could do without your consistent whining and crying about how you're being destroyed by "spam" and can't seem to find a way around it ;)

also, i'm doing what I believe everyone should do(if they haven't already after seeing your posts) and putting you on ignore.

have a nice day :)

Last edited:

LAGxSugar

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4399-0461-2089
ニャンP (Yoshi, G&M) here. I just fought a fellow Game & Watch player by the name of Chrom-something and it'd be amazing if I could play them again. Our battle was cut short due to us messing around and not attacking, which I had no idea would happen, so light blue Game & Watch, if you're reading this, hit me up with your friend code!

Spirst

I won't bother continuing, in fact I'll do what I should of done with your first post, report it to the MODs, after all this topic is not supposed to be about players whining because they can't get around a tactic,
This is exactly what should've been done. I'm in a good mood since it's my day off so I'll say that both of you need to cut it out and don't bother instigating the issue anymore or there will be penalties. It's also never a good idea to resort to personal attacks when arguing with someone. All it does is incite more drama.

Mo433

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mo4233
3DS FC
0173-2195-9739
I played some one under the name Jeremy. But on his profile picture, it was something like. SB/ZedB/ or something like that. If you're here, then good games. I was the Kirby that fought your Link and Shulk.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
[Wii U]

Ggs to 8-Bit Kid on 1vs1, your game and watch was pretty fun to fight against, and i enjoyed the sportsmanship in every game, i hope you see this message and for the opportunity for some future games

Last edited:

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I should have posted this a few days ago, but ggs to a black Fox named Lynn on the 3ds. Our matches were easily some of the most fun that I've ever had on For Glory. I wish we could have played more matches before I had to leave, but there was something I had to do right then.

I was the pink Ryu named [SB]Nexin. I hope to play against you again soon.

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice
GGs to Advo on 3DS. I swear we went back and forth on Doc mirrors for a good two hours, it seemed. Hope you're here and you see this, would love to get another mirror session going on sometime soon.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
I met a guy called Felker on Wii U a few minutes ago... I wonder if it's @Felker ? Anyway, that guy's blue Link was just incredible. Seriously, could you ever accept to give me MU advice if you ever see this ?

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
funnny how someone will get cocky after a single win and leave, despite you know....me destroying said player countless times previous matches using random characters.

Still though, I guess they want to leave with something to cling to
Sometimes people just want to end things on a positive note...

:006:

I may or may not be guilty of this...

Last edited:
Top Bottom