• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

abx

Smash Journeyman
I know there are a LOT, Thats the point, the character is mediocre at best so stop using him
I want play for glory to play decent players not those who die at 20%
As if I couldnt beat lil mac, you so funny guy
Many people complain about tier whoring. Here's a complain about using mediocre characters. One can't do anything right in Smash!

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
Most people complain about Mac because his moves have like no lag, so punishing them is hard to do in an online environment.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
I played someone on Wii U for Glory mode who simply called himself "L". He said he was a friend of Mr.R and a top 8 player in the Netherlands (we communicated through name text haha).

That was some awsome games we had and extremely good practice for me since you were a bit better than me. Would be fun to play again sometime!

(If he doesn't see this, does someone know who this player is?)

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Good games to a player by the name of AmOZ on 3DS using :4sheik::4marth::4palutena::4falco::4luigi::4rob: in that order. No idea how you can play so many characters well; I had to play my main man :4rob: the entire time to avoid getting absolutely decimated.

Last edited:

RaijinWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
FierceBlaze
3DS FC
5129-1192-2635
So I've encountered this guy numerous times in the past but now I just wanna know if he's on here so we can get some more matches in. On 3DS, the guy's tag is Sebastian and he plays a mean Marth and Falcon. We traded wins pretty frequently and it's always been that way, whenever we find each other we go a countless number of matches. If you're on here man, I think our Fox v Marth and our Link v Falcon matches were amazing.

Update: Just went Link v Robin, and the spacing we doing while keeping up pressure was so intense. Definetely a game to remember.

Last edited:

ARKills

Smash Cadet
NNID
sl33py1
3DS FC
0404-5541-7941
Anyone here have a mii named Vin?

If so ggs man. My name is Ariel.

Last edited:

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
Long time since I've done this but worth another shot...

??? (nice name), great games there on 3DS, sorry it got a bit laggy in the end as a stream was running and the 3DS was running out of battery.
Really great sword play, was a lot of fun especially the very close games. If you want to play again, or even transfer over to Wii U if you have one just send a PM.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Long time since I've done this but worth another shot...

??? (nice name), great games there on 3DS, sorry it got a bit laggy in the end as a stream was running and the 3DS was running out of battery.
Really great sword play, was a lot of fun especially the very close games. If you want to play again, or even transfer over to Wii U if you have one just send a PM.
Haha that was me, yeah those were really great games. Last one idek what we were doing xP.
I had alot of fun and we should definitely play again some time on Wii U or 3DS i dont mind.

Last edited:

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice
GGs to [SB]Poyo on 3DS. Our Zelda/Ness matches were the most fun I've had in a while with the game, even though we were going back and forth the entire time. If you're here, I would love to get your FC so we can continue playing regularly against each other.

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
whats with all the MLG people I keep seeing on 3ds. first MLGtroll and then MLG baller.

Tha_Crystal_Gemz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miki-iki
3DS FC
4425-1738-4816
Switch FC
SW-5889-0433-4399
Was on 3ds FG, fought Stef, a good jigglypuff
and Jester, who played well with a variety of characters.

Are you dudes here?

Tha_Crystal_Gemz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miki-iki
3DS FC
4425-1738-4816
Switch FC
SW-5889-0433-4399
Found someone named Betty (betyel) and I fought her with Palutena. She used Rosalina for the first match and after I won, she switched to Zelda for the last two. Had some really close games, she did hit me with some mean tags though, which is kinda disappointing.
Hahaha!! I had her on my friends list. She does play well but she does get salty. I don't think she means it personally. :D

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
To the Mario player named Kevin on 3DS, I had a hella good time trolling 2v2 For Glory with you. You're about the same skill level as me (or somewhat better) too. If you're on smashboards, I'd like to compare Marios on battlefield sometime. Peace out.

~The Doc named Sanders

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
GG's to a player named Phire, who i played many games with last night.

Playing those matches made me realize that I have absolutely no idea how to deal with the sonic matchup. I got more than a little salty at the end, but the games were still enjoyable, and I have to respect your skill as a player.

Also sick edgeguards :p

GG's hope we get a chance to duke it out again

Fryelt

Smash Rookie
NNID
glaceonmaster
3DS FC
3411-0519-9114
So, I just fought a Roy/Meta Knight on 3ds named shaq who rekt me super hard. I was the Blue Kirby/Black Falco/Ludwig. We also used a couple of other characters for the lolz, and oh my I loved it when you yolo'ed edge-guarded me when you were Roy and I was Falco xD Good matches, I'd like to ask you a couple of questions and maybe get some rematches if you are here ?

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
Thanks for the fun matches Jay, your Palutena is amazing. Thank you Max... for rage quitting from my 206% Lucario's uncharged f-smash, ko'ing you at 43%, you dc'd when you were off screen. Stay Salty my friend.

Last edited:

Poser

Smash Rookie
On wii u, played a mii named aflarge. I think his tag was Andrew. Great Kirby dittos! I was the blue Kirby with the "Poser" tag. I Hope to fight you again!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Good games to a player called >-ZeroX-> with a ZX tag. Your Little Mac has effectively stumped me.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Hmmmm kinda sucks that I never saw my name pop up on here. Oh well.

This was awhile ago, but I split a 4 game set with a Shulk named Isaiah, and I just wanted to say GGs. I've never had a harder time beating someone with Puff. I bring this up, because I lost those replays due to the latest patch, and I'm pretty salty about it.

Lunix7

Smash Apprentice
Shout out to xenen? or xenes? (now I forgot his/her name) on the 3ds version. We literally had some matches a couple of minutes ago and you used :4feroy:, :4pikachu:, :4diddy:but you mostly stuck to :4pikachu:. I was the one who was using :4rob: (forgive me for not using any of my other mains :4gaw: and :4falco: but I wanted to get to know the match-ups for :4rob: more). You played all your characters amazingly especially :4pikachu:. The games were so close and so intense that we both won by the skin of our teeth. You are probably the best for glory person I vs'd ever and I'm being completely serious! Good games man! If you see this I hope we can vs again so we both can learn from each other and get even better!

NewZen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NewZen41
BC/Len: Wii-U version.
-Plays golden :4falcon:and kicks all sorts of behind...and I wish the connection was a bit better.

FightingPorygonTeam

Smash Apprentice
Hmmmm kinda sucks that I never saw my name pop up on here. Oh well.

This was awhile ago, but I split a 4 game set with a Shulk named Isaiah, and I just wanted to say GGs. I've never had a harder time beating someone with Puff. I bring this up, because I lost those replays due to the latest patch, and I'm pretty salty about it.
There are just so many people playing and this topic is really big. My name could be somewere in the pages, but I'm not gonna check 116 pages. Aside from that, I'm not sure if I've ever played the same person twice on for glory. :p

Edit: I'm gonna post anyway. I fought Kirboo (Wolfi as the Wii U name), we had some great games with a huge variety of characters. He was pretty good, especially how he destroyed my greninja with bowser, or my pacman with multiple characters. :)

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
has anyone else had issues with finding players in for glory lately?

I have to wait like 5-10 minutes now to find someone, and oddly enough I keep running into the same players most of the time....

NewZen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NewZen41
has anyone else had issues with finding players in for glory lately?

I have to wait like 5-10 minutes now to find someone, and oddly enough I keep running into the same players most of the time....
You might be in RQ Hell-apparently, you got banned for some reason (Likely people reporting you left and right because of saltiness). There's a thread somewhere that actually explains this situation in depth.

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
There's is this one guy who played both Lucas and Ness very well. I was a Jigglypuff player called Jiggly on the 3DS. We had some hype matches in For Glory but I had to go so I killed myself in a middle of a match with Peach.

Why can't I remember his/her name!!?? >~<

Ferox

Smash Rookie
Samus named Raw. GREAT stuff. Easily best I've seen.
Thank you! It is much appreciated but I am hardly that great of a player :laugh:. You gave me a lot of trouble with your Sonic (so glad I have a lagless monitor now), was fun matches.
Oh and I saved the replay of the shield break into "dirty bomb" on your Captain Falcon :awesome:.

Travitoninja99

Smash Cadet
NNID
ΩZero
Switch FC
SW-7339-8935-1294
Played a guy named Malik on 3DS For Glory, him using Greninja and myself using Larry Koopa. By far the best Greninja I've fought, and I normally HAAATE playing against Greninja, but I really enjoyed these battles! Good player, both gave each other courtesy SDs each match haha. Shame I had to leave 3 matches in, but I had to leave TT_TT

Aheavypyro

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5301-1225-0176
Played up against someone named "ZeRo" in For Glory 3DS. He played as a red, white, and blue Shiek, a purple Mario, Diddy Kong, and Capt. Falcon, and a green Fox. I gotta say, he was challenging adversary. If you're reading this, I say hi.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just got done playing with an amazing Wii Fit Trainer main on For Glory 3DS by the name of [C]Lion...(couldn't see the entire name, it got cut off.)

I know it's a long shot for you to see this but if you happen to do so and happen to have a Wii U, please add me so we can play more! :happysheep:

Last edited by a moderator:

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
Guy named "phillip" on wiii u kicked my butt on wii u with a toon link, all though it was a bit laggy, it was kinda fun. Hope to smash with you sometime!

King9191

Smash Rookie
Played this guy called Darktoon on 3DS a few months ago, and he was pretty good. Lost the majority of the games, but I held my own against him. If only I could play him with my newly improved Sheik today...

BTW, for those with the 3DS version, if you hit the A button once and then tap the picture of the character your opponent was using, their profile comes up, and you can see the full name if it's extra long. You also have to option to report or block from that screen.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
I've fought this guy named Milk a few different times on 3DS. He uses Peach and DK (and some Ganon). He's really good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom