• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Kytos

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4957-5186-8258
[3DS] Met a Gold Captain Falcon and a black-haired Robin by the name of Mike, your Falcon could grab a little more but good games overall. My name is Andi on 3DS, BBC7 on Wii U.
I think I played you once. .-.

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
Stylin you're really good. I went by Muppet on 3DS. Matches where you played Fox and Mario were fun! Apologies for leavin' abruptly after a coupla games. I was gettin' madder and madder as the slam dunks went on. I wish Duck Hunt had a better recovery...

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
3DS - Met a great Marth (default colored) by the name of Nova. Sorry about the abrupt vanishing before the results screen! My 3DS died.

3DS - thurst07, was fun playing you! Combating (black) Sheik with Ike is always interesting for me!

Last edited:

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Just had a ton of really good FG matches on wiiu with a guy named Dan, I think. Meant to send you a friend request but I forgot. I was the guy playing the white Ike.

Also had a really good set of team FG matches with N8THEGR8 or something similar. We were unstoppable. I was Ike in those matches too. Sent you a friend request, just seeing if you're in here.

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
Hahaha... Lol xD... I'm laughing so hard...... Came across a guy who's name was Alpha (assuming this is the guy) on 3ds . He used Falcon and Sonic. He's pretty good. Knows how to shield, spotdodge, never abuse rolls. The only problem is that he's too impatient and couldn't stay still. Okay so I threw up a Mr. Saturn up in the air... Then xD... I was just standing there while he just keeps on moving and moving around... And at the very spot I threw Mr. Saturn up, he stood there then used shield xD xD xD....
:joyful:
Haha, Alpha you're very good, but you gotta be patient too. Lol GGs.

Last edited:
NNID
TheBeardalls
3DS FC
3539-9009-9936
Stylin you're really good. I went by Muppet on 3DS. Matches where you played Fox and Mario were fun! Apologies for leavin' abruptly after a coupla games. I was gettin' madder and madder as the slam dunks went on. I wish Duck Hunt had a better recovery...
The name 'Muppet' sounds familiar, but I don't know why. I can't remember most of the players I fight against.

I hate my memory sometimes...

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Damn i really wish you knew what salt was. People who just throw it around without actually knowing what went down are annoying, just how people misuse irony or spam :3 ~ <3 in every f'in sentence. Glad youre not a mod, youd be giving infractions without understanding context. Aka bad mod.

Anywho anyone would comment when someone tries to tryhard style, loses, then proceeds to put on game tags with profanity and leave after a game. And for the record i dont come here IF i lose which is rare, i come here if someone is arrogant when they lose or if i had fun with them and wanna know if they had a sb account.
I was going to make a huge counter attack but then I was all
he's probably right
Bottom line I would just love if people would only talk about the good players they would love to rematch in FG rather than calling out bad or cocky or whatever play

Like Daniel for UK! Amazing Sonic I learned some things about Sonic Mixups
Or DeHv from Canada! He really put me in my toes even though I only lost once.

Amazing game from both of them.

Psyruby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Psyruby
3DS FC
3007-8155-8661
BSME/Misc, why was I tagged in your post? xD

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
ggs to someone named AmBlue* on 3ds, I was the White Samus

Also to Virus, please don't counterpick Falco then taunt after every kill and then proceed to lose the next 5 games, its not a good look

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
[3DS] Woke up first thing this morning and played against a really good player named "steve". His name was all lowercase like that without the quotations, of course. I think the one character that gave me the most trouble your pink Luigi, steve. GGs.

Yorsh

Smash Apprentice
[3DS] Met a Gold Captain Falcon and a black-haired Robin by the name of Mike, your Falcon could grab a little more but good games overall. My name is Andi on 3DS, BBC7 on Wii U.
I'm pretty sure I met Mike's Robin, I was so happy to finally find someone good after 3 or 4 spammers, but I sucked really hard and SD one time, so he left after the game ><

Played Johan last night, really cool playstyle, good player, and no lags. I had a lot of fun, and I wish we could have played few more games.

Also, I played more than one hour with Derpula like 2 weeks ago, we had the same skill level and our game was close and intense. Well played dude !

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i think the guys name was...either vincent or julius? You had the handle SSB4ISGAY and played a green ike. I was the bowser player! HAHA I enjoy your sense of humor. And if you suicided because of the Robin player, there was no need to just play it out man.

Metamat i am sorry for suiciding during that round. I wanted to even out our score with the ike suiciding. We won anyway so its cool right?

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Met a nice player on FG wii u named Howie, nicknamed Noah. He was pretty good, and had a good sense of humor, lol. The mirror shulk matches we did were fun, even if he's not the best shulk.

Matsushi

True Blood
"Good" games to Reactor who used Ganon, Ike and Mega Man. Those matches were really fun and I had respect for them, until our last match when they beat me and started calling me a "fraud", telling me I got "rekt" and told me that I sucked before leaving, even though we were pretty much even throughout.

And now I'm really upset 'cos I thought they were cool and was considering sending a friend request, but apparently not.

Last edited:
NNID
TheBeardalls
3DS FC
3539-9009-9936
"Good" games to Reactor who used Ganon, Ike and Mega Man. Those matches were really fun and I had respect for them, until our last match when they beat me and started calling me a "fraud", telling me I got "rekt" and told me that I sucked before leaving, even though we were pretty much even throughout.

And now I'm really upset 'cos I thought they were cool and was considering sending a friend request, but apparently not.
It's all right, brah, we've all been through moments like this. Whether it's been on Smesh Brus or another game, moments like that are more often than you'd think. If it makes you feel any better, fancy a few matches on the 3DS to alleviate some stress and frustration?

Matsushi

True Blood
It's all right, brah, we've all been through moments like this. Whether it's been on Smesh Brus or another game, moments like that are more often than you'd think. If it makes you feel any better, fancy a few matches on the 3DS to alleviate some stress and frustration?
Yeah, I know. I'm not frustrated at all, just a bit upset and shocked 'cos it was pretty much the first time it had happened to me and I wouldn't have guessed they were THAT salty 'cos they weren't taunting at all apart from our final match when he won. Thank you so much for your concern though! I'll happily take your offer, just need to finish my food which will probably take 15 minutes or so. Hope that's okay. :D

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

Can I give you a hug? It sucks knowing an awesome player was just waiting to shrek you rather than have fun with you.

Matsushi

True Blood
Can I give you a hug? It sucks knowing an awesome player was just waiting to shrek you rather than have fun with you.
Lol, of course. Thank you so much. xD
Yeah, it was disappointing to say the least, 'cos they were actually a really good player and I genuinely thought they were having fun since I certainly was.

Waddler-D

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Waddler-D

Yeah, I know. I'm not frustrated at all, just a bit upset and shocked 'cos it was pretty much the first time it had happened to me and I wouldn't have guessed they were THAT salty 'cos they weren't taunting at all apart from our final match when he won. Thank you so much for your concern though! I'll happily take your offer, just need to finish my food which will probably take 15 minutes or so. Hope that's okay. :D
Mmm, I'm sorry to hear about that Matsu, it's really a shame that the guy was rude to a wonderful player like yourself. I really have to wonder if he was having fun or if he was just looking to win and put down somebody to make himself feel better. There's no need for that...

I definitely hope that you're feeling better and that you've gotten some better matches in at least. That kind of player attitude is one reason I haven't played Chess online a lot these days. You meet an asshole and it's just like "Man, what am I doing?" The connection between players can be really important to online play and if it's not there... then it kind of sours the experience.

Gator

Smash Cadet
this is an odd one. I met someone on wii u who uses the tag "gator", and uses captain falcon (one of my mains too, oddly enough!) Wow, some crazy coincidence LOL.
But anyways, if you happen to be on here, youre actually a pretty good falcon player, and our falcon ditto was fun! Wish you would have stayed a bit longer though!

Matsushi

True Blood
Mmm, I'm sorry to hear about that Matsu, it's really a shame that the guy was rude to a wonderful player like yourself. I really have to wonder if he was having fun or if he was just looking to win and put down somebody to make himself feel better. There's no need for that...

I definitely hope that you're feeling better and that you've gotten some better matches in at least. That kind of player attitude is one reason I haven't played Chess online a lot these days. You meet an ******* and it's just like "Man, what am I doing?" The connection between players can be really important to online play and if it's not there... then it kind of sours the experience.
Haha, it's fine! I just thought he was so much better than that, like my respect for him immediately went down the drain as soon as I saw his name tag change to that. It's just ridiculous how immature these people are.

Let's just hope a situation like that doesn't happen again though. I'm just gonna focus on the players on For Glory who are actually worth while and respectful and just forget about people like him. Thank you very much for your concern! ^^

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
[Wii U] I'd like to give a shout-out to someone named "Ridley is too big" (named by using both their default name and in-game nickname) who plays as Samus and Villager. I've played a lot of 2v2 For Glory games with you on different occasions, and they've all been enjoyable. My name is Brandon and I'm usually Wario, Dr. Mario, or Ganondorf.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Haha, it's fine! I just thought he was so much better than that, like my respect for him immediately went down the drain as soon as I saw his name tag change to that. It's just ridiculous how immature these people are.

Let's just hope a situation like that doesn't happen again though. I'm just gonna focus on the players on For Glory who are actually worth while and respectful and just forget about people like him. Thank you very much for your concern! ^^
thats impossible there will always be someone that will do that

Waddler-D

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Waddler-D
thats impossible there will always be someone that will do that
Just like there's always the chance that there will be a respectful player you're up against. I've met Matsu through For Glory and I've actually had some really good times with some players. It's pretty much depends on the attitude that you have along with the respect that you present.

It's best just to go with the flow and see if you connect with the other player. If there's nothing, then might be best to move on to the next player!

Last edited:

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Just like there's always the chance that there will be a respectful player you're up against. I've met Matsu through For Glory and I've actually had some really good times with some players. It's pretty much depends on the attitude that you have along with the respect that you present.

It's best just to go with the flow and see if you connect with the other player. If there's nothing, then might be best to move on to the next player!
true also i did not know you were on here good sir

NNID
TheBeardalls
3DS FC
3539-9009-9936
Kasper
Sakati
Mr.Hat
Andi (Hrmmm, sounds familiar.)
Paradice
Eddie
DARKSHA (It cuts off here, though I presume it has something to do with sharks.)
Girl : ) ( Yes, that is the name. Say what you want about this person, Girl is a great player.)
Paddle
sucio (Pls come back to me bby, I luv how you play)
KonraD
tater

More 3DS players I want to have a rematch with. Why must the good players disappear so quickly?

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Kasper
Sakati
Mr.Hat
Andi (Hrmmm, sounds familiar.)
Paradice
Eddie
DARKSHA (It cuts off here, though I presume it has something to do with sharks.)
Girl : ) ( Yes, that is the name. Say what you want about this person, Girl is a great player.)
Paddle
sucio (Pls come back to me bby, I luv how you play)
KonraD
tater

More 3DS players I want to have a rematch with. Why must the good players disappear so quickly?
lots of reasons some just g2g some think your to good and some just dont want to stay

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
[Wii U] I'd like to give a shout-out to someone named "Ridley is too big" (named by using both their default name and in-game nickname) who plays as Samus and Villager. I've played a lot of 2v2 For Glory games with you on different occasions, and they've all been enjoyable. My name is Brandon and I'm usually Wario, Dr. Mario, or Ganondorf.
I've played this person as well, just a few days ago. love their name. It was most likely 2v2 glory as well but I'm not sure.

EDIT: actually, Sari Sari , I think I've played a few matches against you too. I usually pick Ike and my name is "trashcan"

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
And that's the sad reality of it I suppose. Ah well, just gotta learn to ignore it. xD
Ugh i didnt recognize you via your name change then i realized omg its matsu, you still owed me that brawl match years back, seeing you still rock marth, i guess one of these days i get to fight your marth maybe?

Anywho ggs to this falcon, i decided to teach him how to play falcon and he was cool, he picked up kinda quickly and we had these fun dittos, i had to go so i forgot to add you :c idk your NNID but your tag was "new character", wondering if your around here!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I met a pretty decent Lucina user (Tiki alt) by the name of ZeRo-X. I had some pretty fun matches with him despite the ****ed up lagging.

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
(Wii U) Whoever a villager named Julian is, yes DH is annoying and no I'm not gonna stop lol

Anytime anyone says "ur slippin" after only taking a stock activates tryhard mode

andnowyouknow.jpg

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
(Wii U) Whoever a villager named Julian is, yes DH is annoying and no I'm not gonna stop lol

Anytime anyone says "ur slippin" after only taking a stock activates tryhard mode

andnowyouknow.jpg
People like him these days. They never learn.

Matsushi

True Blood
Ugh i didnt recognize you via your name change then i realized omg its matsu, you still owed me that brawl match years back, seeing you still rock marth, i guess one of these days i get to fight your marth maybe?
ZERO STAR! Hello, hello. It's certainly been a while. This name change is only temporary since I'm missing Matsuokai... a lot. As for Marf, I'm definitely still rockin' that dagger sword! We can definitely fit a few matches in whenever you fancy! I'm certainly curious to see how Smash 4's faring for you. :D

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
I'm not exactly the most original player out there, so I went with my real name for both 3DS and Wii-U. Although, in the Wii-U version, I have my nickname as 'Jazzy'.
Jazzy? I love it! If I did fight you before, I wish I could remember it. I'm always down for a few games if you are! :^)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
In case any of y'all finds me out there, I go by the name Tino, which is both my username and game tag.
I'll be using these two characters a lot to continue improving my skills with: :rosalina::4megaman:.
I also plan to use these three characters from time to time: :4falco::4ganondorf::4shulk:.
I don't care if I win or lose, I'm only here to have fun.
I will admit, I'm not really that good at Smash though. lol

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
*Max*, it's Muppet. If you're readin' this, your Villager is insane! I couldn't do anything when you went and grabbed the ledge. Dark Pit isn't really my character, so I hoped switching to Duck Hunt Duo would serve me better. In the end though, you were too hard to hit. Sometimes frustratingly so. Those darn balloons.

Good games.

Top Bottom