• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Papero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paperio
That was a fun Robin ditto hour, Paw. There's so very few Robins on glory, let alone good ones.

Last edited:

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Wow, you've definitely played Smash 4 Peach longer than I have, Lightning. I was the shoddy Black/Yellow Peach you WRECKED. Badly, XD.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Just finished playing a bunch of games on the 3DS with a guy with the tag of Aaron from Florida. He switched characters frequently, using, among others, Lucario, Mario, Ike, Ness, and Ganondorf. I mainly used Villager. He started each match with a taunt, which was fun. At the end I jobbed a little with Little Mac. My tag was Atoyont.

If you're on here, I'd love to play you again; you were one of the best opponents I've played on For Glory for a long time.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
[Wii U] @ ROOOOY! ROOOOY! - Good game, can't help but feel I got a bit lucky there at the end, with the lag and all :/ I was Francis, the black ZSS who played your default (? can't tell them apart) Sonic.

Last edited:

ColdPhazon

Smash Rookie
NNID
ColdPhazon
3DS FC
0018-0926-0904
[Wii U] Wow Mario=Mii really? Quit the damn spamming. All you did was go to the edge with Megaman and just spam your metal blade and crash bomb and just roll around and grab me. You're really not that good. It was the same deal with your other characters. Very predictable and it's not fun. Funny when I started playing your game you started losing.

Last edited:

centauri_

Smash Rookie
NNID
centauri_SB
[Wii U] Audiens, if you're here, I had a blast playing with you! You have such a sick aerial game with Shulk and you mastered the arts awesomely. Hope we can play again soon. :)

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
peckas13, I don't why, but you were a blast to play with. I just wish I had been able to play more than those two matches.

I was the light blue Dedede you fought on 1v1 For Glory!

MatrixNexus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Whoisthis0
3DS FC
4785-6210-1190
Met someone named Dude from NY. Those were great Little Mac dittos we had.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
[Wii U] A week ago, I played against a player named "logic"; he even had the tag "VGBC" with that weird "E"-looking thing. We played two matches which I won as a black Mario. First, he played a light-blue Diddy, then he played Alph, probably as some sort of throwback to logic's Brawl days. I still doubt it was the "real" logic, tho.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
IDK whats worse, mediocre players with a dial up connection, or mediocre players with a dial up connection who get lucky wins from the lag then act cocky for it.

Just ran into a pretty basic samus who i could easily take out in a normal situation but the damn lag in the match screwed me over every time. every read I got on him had like 2-3 second delay from when my move actually came out. there were several situations where he screwed up and I had a perfect opportunity to hit him with a Fsmash, dsmash, w/e, and my move never came out in time.

ugh.....seriously why have dial up in this day and age?

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
I don't remember any of you and probably none of you remember me since, win or lose, I usually only do one match per opponent on For Glory. However, in case anyone does come looking for me here, my gamer tag on For Glory is Elana and I 100% of the time play Zelda. If you face any other character with my name it may be my husband, since we are sharing. :)

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Speclar from Arizona/California (your info said "California" but your message box said "in Arizona" so I assume that's the correct one), you're a phenomenal player! You used Jigglypuff, Ike, and DK in our matches on the 3DS version, your DK being the most frightening of your characters. I never really beat it; you kind of threw the last match with him while I was floating to my death as Game & Watch, allowing me to survive. Your Jigglypuff was really good, too; one of the few that actually frustrated me. You only used Ike once. We played quite a few matches; I appreciated being able to spar with someone who was better than me for so many matches. Looks like I found a video of you playing Brawl here. If anyone knows where I can find this guy, I'd love to know.

I went by Atoyont and used Villager, Game & Watch, Ganondorf, ROB, and Ludwig. If you see this, I'd love to fight you again. You really challenged me.

Last edited:

CCCM89

Smash Ace
wait, how do you check info? because I played a guy earlier named Famine with a triangle after his name, and wanted to find out more about them. they played a great mario.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Nazumi whatever the **** your name is

Your not a good as you think you are, you cocky *****. one match then you leave against some character i barely play grats.

Last edited:

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Good games to shiny.mew, the Mega Man I just played against! I was the guy with a bad Sonic who then switched to Charizard, then finally to Bowser Jr. for the last three games. Some good stuff.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
[Wii U] @ ROOOOY! ROOOOY! - Good game, can't help but feel I got a bit lucky there at the end, with the lag and all :/ I was Francis, the black ZSS who played your default (? can't tell them apart) Sonic.
Yeah I don't get lag at all. I can play people WC America or Canada with virtually no lag, as soon as I play someone homegrown there's nearly always problems, even played someone in east midlands (my region) and it was awful. Good game though, shame about the lag or I would have stayed. You took my win rate below 90% though. /mad

Don't know if you're on here but good games to Skarfelt, possibly from Ireland (?). Best Fox I've played, I was Mike SF the mostly purple Sonic who sucked in most games bar like one.

:093:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Shoutout to the most disrespectful Smash player I ever fought against since ever... forgot the name. Anyway, yesterday, I fought a :4kirby: and kept spamming UpBs near the ledges to make me stay away and if I managed to approach him, he Kirbycided me! He 2-stocked me that way!!!!

I still brutally 2-stocked him afterwards, though ^_^ (Should've stayed with Kirbs, dude!)

If you're in Smashboards, I was that blue :4zss: by the name of SG9000 (my control scheme was named 5T00PiD)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Played an epic Zero Suit Samus in For Glory today, games were pretty neck-and-neck. The second one was so ****ing close though, we both kept surviving attacks I was expecting to be the end of us. One of the funnest opponents I've had since getting the game. Kudos.

Beathoven

Smash Rookie
I'm searching for a guy Named seven (the v is written with a Note) My Name was Devin/Dawn. We played falcon dittos and definitly had the MOVES going on.

Funny off stage shenanigens

Raijinken

Smash Master
A friend of mine and I were playing team For Glory on the U version, doing silly character theme teaming. We ended up against a pair of players who decided to join our shenanigans. We both went Fox/Falco at the same time, and the game sent us to Final Destination. I want to say the name was some sort of smiley emoticon (:D perhaps, or =) ). It was probably the most I've ever laughed in Smash, and I freakin' forgot to save the replay.

My username was Raijinken, and my friend's was Kyon.

Last edited:

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to A-aron. fun matches man, i was LordFlu... (it cuts off, i am a sad panda) and playing zero suit. (3DS)

Last edited:

Squadaloo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RodRodney
[Wii U] Shoutout to Guru for some great matches last night. I was Layne. I may have started and ended pretty terribly, but we had some great matches in the middle once I got going. Also, nice sportsmanship with your SDing after my accidental Up+B as Rosalina. The Gamepad is not kind for quick directional inputs, and it can be pretty oversensitive when it comes to Smash attacks, hence why I was accidentally charge shotting your reflector over and over.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I'm going to have nightmares about Yoshi after fighting bcut226. We played a lot of matches late last night, and I only won three: one with Bowser, one with Game & Watch, and one with Dedede. I'd love to play you and get more Yoshi practice.

To Gyo from Texas who I played just now: you're a great player, especially your Diddy and ROB. I was a little put off when you switched to ROB after you beat mine, but it was good enough that I didn't mind.

For both matches I had the tag Atoyont.

D

Deleted member

Posting here.

Hi, my Mii is Atom and I go by the tag of SSBF (when I don't forget to adjust with it). To the person who's match got disconnected and was dealt with massive lag, I apologize for that. Apparently, my Wii U decided to stop connecting to the Internet as I got hit with a Wii U code error 103-1601 and I had to take every single connections out and fix it. It was several hours before I could find the problem and get back online.

Also to everyone I faced on For Glory, I know that I suck, but I promise you I am doing what I can to get better.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
This Rmonk guy is unreal i normally dont get 2 stocked in FG mode he beat me with both of my mains in mirrors
Do you even know the chances of two persons chossing the same character twice, without even knowing who the other one picks?

I'm not Rmonk, I just wanted to point out that fact.

DiamondDust

Prime Time Player
NNID
MaysTheCraze
Shoutouts to a Little Mac player named "Mario" I was playing with on 2v2 on 3DS. I was PTP|AMays (not that you could see my whole name) who was playing Zelda, ZSS, and Pit. I love it when you have good synergy in 2v2 with someone you just met, lol.

JJpalmer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jjpalmer
3DS FC
2664-2947-4020
Do you even know the chances of two persons chossing the same character twice, without even knowing who the other one picks?

I'm not Rmonk, I just wanted to point out that fact.
nah i was just playing ike and shiek and we had a few mirrors so it was intended XD he was really scary. 12 losses and a few two stocks i should have saved some of the matchs lol.

Nocally

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3840-6058-2117
Shoutouts to a Little Mac player named "Mario" I was playing with on 2v2 on 3DS. I was PTP|AMays (not that you could see my whole name) who was playing Zelda, ZSS, and Pit. I love it when you have good synergy in 2v2 with someone you just met, lol.
At the result screen after each match, you can click on their character picture and see their full name and which country they are from.

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
Just played a Fox called Toxik/fresh in 1-on-1, I played Falco, those were some very tense matches, I won one then you won one then I won one then your won one, I lost it in the last few and you proved yourself the better player. I've just started playing Falco and those matches were perfect for learning, if you're on these boards and you're willing to play some more at one point, let's do it.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
My name online is MSF, and I usually play as a Navy Blue Yoshi - though, I occasionally play Sonic and various others as well. But I usually fall back to Yoshi if the game is challenging enough or if I'm not too bored.

D

Deleted member

[Wii U] Just played a nasty Shiek and Yoshi player. That guy covered himself so well with egg throw and was getting near 0 -> deaths with some Shiek combos (later %s were probs caused by lag tho). Wondering who it was.

Anyway I usually play Purple/Default Greninja, Default Dark Pit, Blue + Purple Pit, and mainly Cyan Sonic with a "PIKABLU" tag. Get lots of follow ups or combos out of Side B and use Uair to cover with Sonic.

Top Bottom