• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

RWB

Smash Ace
Looking for a good player by the name of SSBacon. Played varied characters against my varied characters!

BBC7

Smash Ace
To Augmented, not sure if you're here or not, but good games man. I would of played more but my 3ds started to die.

Btw anyone come across someone named 3DSMASTER (at least thats what I think his/her name was). I didn't even realize you could be so fast on the 3ds...
I fought somebody named mr. 3ds, probably not the same person since he challenged me to a Mega Man ditto and I won without breaking a sweat.

Tra-SB

Smash Rookie
NNID
sonicxpika
3DS FC
2063-0487-8921
I fought somebody named mr. 3ds, probably not the same person since he challenged me to a Mega Man ditto and I won without breaking a sweat.

Most likely not. I forgot to click on his name after the match was over. All I saw was 3DSMAST with the rest cut off so I'm assuming it was master.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I only taunt in the beginning of the match if it's a ditto match. I feel like I'm saying "May the best ditto win!"
I play Link too, but that wasn't me. If you're interested, let's smash!
Prepare your body! And 3ds :p

I will add you.

Last edited:

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
That's the problem with crouching. You can never tell if they're cool or if they're teabagging :laugh:
I usually duck before a match starts so that if they rush me they can't kill me. If they stop and duck back though, then I'll taunt. :p
I have a lot more of a good time if I get owned by someone who's cool rather than some super serious person who just plays to win.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I usually duck before a match starts so that if they rush me they can't kill me. If they stop and duck back though, then I'll taunt. :p
I have a lot more of a good time if I get owned by someone who's cool rather than some super serious person who just plays to win.
Oh yeah. I barely get upset when I lose against a cool person online. In-fact that never-taunter really good Link who I didn't understand, didn't make me upset when I lost. They deserved the win. I get mad when I lose otherwise to a lucky rude person. I also tend to see more funny moments when you're playing against someone who shows the same respect in matches. It's hard to get mad at funny moments. :)

Last edited:

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
Do you use black yoshi? If so I think I have fought you before. I'm a red fox named Hyper.
100% green since 1999.
It could be possible, but I almost always play as the green one. :)

Last edited:

BBC7

Smash Ace
Whoever Joey is,

Lay your fingers off the D-pad. Taunting is one thing, but I'll never forget when I accidentally SD'd at 26% on my first stock, and you jumped off the stage as if trying to show sportsmanship, but quickly recovered back on the stage and taunted. **** you m8

What especially pissed me off was when I was trying to recover in a Mega Man ditto and I was winning, but I hit Side B instead and died. And he taunted, implying that he was the better Mega Man and the better player in general when the whole reason he won was because I slipped up.

I've been playing poorly lately, but that's just mean.

Last edited:

Darrman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darrman
3DS FC
4785-6377-6170
If anyone saw a fairly scrubby Mario, pallet normal/Americano, named Darrman, it's very likely me. I don't think there are many other Darrmans! I sometimes go on a random spree, so I might be seen using other characters.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
I had some really solid games against a gal from the US whose tag was Monica. If you're tag is Monica and you play Jiggs, Ness and a bunch of other characters, great games! I was SDoom playing characters like Shulk, Mac, Zard and Samus. I would've liked some more games but alas I had to go (hence the taunt at the start of the final game).

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
Maybe you have an evil twin. O:
Or my memory is just bad, oh well.
Was the tag name for the black yoshi Mortisune? If so, that was me. I also remember playing a red fox one day that taunted after the first stock then got ground pounded then started playing super aggressively after I taunted back and the match was pretty even up until the last few percent where I nailed a ground pound or upsmash. It was a great game if I remember correctly

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Whoever Joey is,

Lay your fingers off the D-pad. Taunting is one thing, but I'll never forget when I accidentally SD'd at 26% on my first stock, and you jumped off the stage as if trying to show sportsmanship, but quickly recovered back on the stage and taunted. **** you m8

What especially pissed me off was when I was trying to recover in a Mega Man ditto and I was winning, but I hit Side B instead and died. And he taunted, implying that he was the better Mega Man and the better player in general when the whole reason he won was because I slipped up.

I've been playing poorly lately, but that's just mean.
Oh, a fellow Rockman player, ay...

Yeah I know what you mean. I can't tell you how many times I SD'd spawning the Leaf Shield when I wanted to do another move. That Down Special limits you to do mostly everything else until it is gone. Darn circle pad.

{edit} Oh, a fellow Oklahoman, too, ay...

Last edited:

BBC7

Smash Ace
Oh, a fellow Rockman player, ay...

Yeah I know what you mean. I can't tell you how many times I SD'd spawning the Leaf Shield when I wanted to do another move. That Down Special limits you to do mostly everything else until it is gone. Darn circle pad.

{edit} Oh, a fellow Oklahoman, too, ay...
Halloween has been feeding me too much sugar, I can't win any fights.

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
Bruh, I have a friend named Javier who plays smash all the time on for glory and happened to be last online a little bit before you made your post! Idk if he's the same guy, but he could be! I could try contacting him for you if you'd like.:)
Please do so! Thanks bruh!

Primer TMT

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carlosva
3DS FC
4940-5763-3694
paboru? who is him the lack sheik! im brad the red ganondorf who knocked him with the reverse aerial warlock puncn! haha

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
Not him, but patience is really, really important in this game.
I play Dedede, too, but I aim to use gordos to help me go on the offense rather than camp.
Sucks that every projectile reflects them, but he has some strengths.

FG has been a lot of fun, but also very frustrating because I'm just not a patient player, and none of the characters with good offense interest me in the least bit (I've been playing Metaknight some more, but I can never pressure anyone well; it's all hit-and-run, like everyone else).
I did find this one Japanese player with a beast Wii Fit Trainer, but, again, the match involved a lot of patience.
Spending 5 minutes on two stocks just wears me out.
Likewise. I would consider myself to be maybe a slight above-average-sort-of-turtling player. It's just that the more I kept going up against this guy, I lost lots of patience,started whiffing all over the place and lots of SD lolz. About those gordos, I just learned that I could knock them back just when I played Javier. LOL

A mentally prepared player is always most of the times the scary ones.

frownifdown

Smash Rookie
If Zack is out there, it's B182 here. We just played for a good 45 minutes and I had a ton of fun. We played as a ton of different characters and mixed it up between fighting and just messin' around.

BBC7

Smash Ace
If Zack is out there, it's B182 here. We just played for a good 45 minutes and I had a ton of fun. We played as a ton of different characters and mixed it up between fighting and just messin' around.
I know a Zack in real life that mains Toon Link, if that helps you to find him.

Also, I fought a pretty cool Bowser by the name of ryuxkan. (Could've been ryuxhan or ryukhan)
I learned quite a bit about sidestepping.

Last edited:

Inune

Smash Rookie
I have now fought two really good Samuses on FG: JP and Greyfox[...]. I don't know why out of the 300 matches I've played, the best two were both Samuses (I also got matched with a really good DK early, but I forgot his name), but it's funny how that works out.

Thanks to both of you guys if you ever read this; I learned a lot from the match strings we had.

Last edited:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
If you got stomped by a TP Ganondork. That was me ;p Raven B.

FG has been extra salty today.

Primer TMT

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carlosva
3DS FC
4940-5763-3694
I have now fought two really good Samuses on FG: JP and Greyfox[...]. I don't know why out of the 300 matches I've played, the best two were both Samuses (I also got matched with a really good DK early, but I forgot his name), but it's funny how that works out.

Thanks to both of you guys if you ever read this; I learned a lot from the match strings we had.
i use samus too! aha wanna play?

PCHU

Smash Lord
If you got stomped by a TP Ganondork. That was me ;p Raven B.

FG has been extra salty today.
Raven B, do you hang out in Team Battles in For Glory?
If so, I might've actually played some games with you (Radiarc, I play blue Dedede and green Wario).

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Oh yeah. I barely get upset when I lose against a cool person online. In-fact that never-taunter really good Link who I didn't understand, didn't make me upset when I lost. They deserved the win. I get mad when I lose otherwise to a lucky rude person. I also tend to see more funny moments when you're playing against someone who shows the same respect in matches. It's hard to get mad at funny moments. :)
Yep! Whenever someone makes a technical error and SDs I usually kneel in respect or not taunt because honestly I make those errors all the time! XD And I think taunting is rude to begin with. I play a lot better with a cooler head.
I just really hate players who get lucky and then taunt. I met an olimar like that today. He beat me in the first round because I was playing Greninja, someone who i am currently trying to get better with, and then he taunted. In the second round we ended up doing Robin dittos and I two stocked him. He left after that. It feels good to crush people like that. Reminds me of another match where I fought a shirk and lost my first stock to a technical error them I caught up and won. They were pretty good too, but they left because I made a comeback. ;c
Please do so! Thanks bruh!
Ah, it appears that he deleted his account on the place I can reach him, sorry. D: it's hard to communicate with him on the 3ds, bummer. Well, there's also a chance that he's not the player you're looking for, so I guess I wasn't able to find them after all. Sorry again. I would make it up to you by fighting but I'm not exactly a challenge xD
Likewise. I would consider myself to be maybe a slight above-average-sort-of-turtling player. It's just that the more I kept going up against this guy, I lost lots of patience,started whiffing all over the place and lots of SD lolz. About those gordos, I just learned that I could knock them back just when I played Javier. LOL

A mentally prepared player is always most of the times the scary ones.
this. Whenever I get angry I play worse. It's a really bad habit of
Mine. Instead of backing off and trying to Mix things up I end up going aggro and getting punished. :p

On the other hand glitches are like the greatest things ever. Especially Warios weird flying glitch. It's so funny to watch it happen and it's great to see players like that.

Last edited:

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
I would like to wish Nanners, whoever you are, very good games in the mirror matchups we had with Shulk! We were very similarly skilled, and we both used the Monado Arts in our little intriguing ways! Definitely would be up to add you if you ever see this.

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
I had some really solid games against a gal from the US whose tag was Monica. If you're tag is Monica and you play Jiggs, Ness and a bunch of other characters, great games! I was SDoom playing characters like Shulk, Mac, Zard and Samus. I would've liked some more games but alas I had to go (hence the taunt at the start of the final game).
Hey, your name sounded very familiar, so I checked my replays and sure enough I saved our fight for training purposes! (Sadly I am not Monica though.) I distinctly remember being disappointed because I mistook your SD to say SB for smashboards, so I threw out the notion that you could be on the site. You played Shulk, and I was a Pit by the name of Motley. You actually trashed me though, I was lucky to even get a stock off you :shades:
Thanks for the match, gg!

Last edited:

Werner Herzog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jack_Sjunior
3DS FC
1864-9302-8583
I played a great set of Link dittos with a guy named CLR. I (as GrateGuy) went Skyward Sword Link, you went Purple. We played for at least half an hour and it was a ton of fun. If you're out there let me know!

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
A while back i played a crazy light blue yoshi who just wrecked me and a good purple samus those two players were great wish i remembered the names anyways i go by mr.m fire mario and default

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Jeff, who plays a black Sheik, who also got wrecked by my Mega Man.... why you hang on the results screen? A little salt to taste. Too much is bad for you.

I think I should report every other 3 people I meet.

Last edited:

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Jeff, who plays a black Sheik, who also got wrecked by my Mega Man.... why you hang on the results screen? A little salt to taste. Too much is bad for you.

I think I should report every other 3 people I meet.
To be fair, you have no idea what he's doing on the results screen. He could be saving a replay or doing something outside of the game. It's not really fair to assume your opponent is salty because you beat him.

Also, if Jace is around here, had some really good games, gg!

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
To be fair, you have no idea what he's doing on the results screen. He could be saving a replay or doing something outside of the game. It's not really fair to assume your opponent is salty because you beat him.
You have a good point, my brahman from another mahman. This I think about, but I'm counting the seconds and playing it in my head of the time it takes to do both saving replays and reporting. It may have been nothing, but you can tell how a match goes or by their playstyle that someone will be a hater.

brahman from another mahman.... that is so good.

Last edited:

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Shout outs to a skilled, and proficient Little Mac player for a change by the name of "jjilat". You are the only Little Mac I have fought online who is good, and not a scrub. Btw, my name was "obeymall...", and I played as Meta Knight; for some reason, we disconnected, but good games.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Shoutout to Reno the Toon Link player. I may have won most of the matches but you constantly kept me on my toes, and you've basically confirmed for me that Toon Link is the more difficult Link for Rosalina to deal with, regular Link never gives me that level of trouble. Also, that was a very cute exit. :)

I was the Aaron with Rosalina, in case you are here.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Excal, you here? You're an awesome Ness player and skilled at several others. We taunted at the beginning of each match, and our first match we did a ton of taunting and dodging to start, just for fun. The first match I was fire flower Mario and you were bee-stripe Ness. We played for a good while. My name is ThatGuy

Top Bottom