• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
BIG Shoutouts to a person named Cole. The respect and awesome matches helped me out a lot in practicing characters. Oh, and I am Lawerno, b y the way. Awesome matches Cole, and you were equally, if not even more awesome for sticking around so long. Props to your amazing greninja and bowser.

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
Ugggghhh, need help with that Shiek / Greninja matchup. Those grabs are so good, they seem to go off of everything. Anyway, Thanks for the matches LaLu. I was the PacMan you played for over an hour today.

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Don't remember the name, but it began with a G and ended with a music sign and a fraction (3/4 or something). We did Falcon dittos, pretty close matches with me slightly taking all 3, then you switched to Samus and lost. The Falcon dittos were great though! I legit popped off in my house when I won the second match with it being so close. GGs, hopefully we can ditto again some time

Elixir Soup

Smash Cadet
NNID
Stickkid12
3DS FC
5069-4931-8546
I'm elixirsoup on my 3DS so if anyone runs into my Toon Link or Mac tell me!

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Ran into a XenGoat who had a pretty mean D3. If you happen to be on here, I was the guy who started as Diddy but switched to Mac. I don't run into D3 or Bowser Jr. all that often, and you had some really solid skills, so I had to work out how to work it out. Sorry I gimped your Bowser Jr - it was the only way to stop your absurd comebacks.

Elixir Soup

Smash Cadet
NNID
Stickkid12
3DS FC
5069-4931-8546
I just fought a Neils for about ten minutes. They started off as a character I don't remember then they started playing as sonic. I was playing as Toon Link. Um, this person spammed homing attack quite a bit! I then played as Sonic and beat them.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
To Falcon, I really enjoyed our matches. You used a number of characters including Captain Fabulous, Dark Link/TLink, Pink DK, Pink Diddy, Little Mac, and I think Megaman. You became highly predictable because you always tried to grab so much. And it was obvious you were trying to K.O me with Megaman's tilts because you would just walk around slowly. Blocking more would help you.

Even through out the 20 (maybe a little less) matches we had and you only won twice, you still stayed and played with me. Twas a good time.

I was the Saturn shirt Ness and black Dress Rosalina named Shania`. It was great training for me with the latter.

Last edited:

SaturnFrost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaturnFrost
tag: AgentPB...Get gud you scrub...You get wrecked by a samus so you pick Marth,get wrecked again and finally pick Brokalina and Cheapo and leave once you get a win? For Glory players in a nutshell.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
I played a couple of bad players in a row, when suddenly I met "chili" and "Jeff". I didn't get one single win over these guys in more than 15 matches in total. After losing my first stock, I literally couldn't even touch them.
Jeff might've been my bud, he's played over 1000 matches and is pretty damn good. Sounds like a typical night of me fighting him xD

Do you remember where he was from?

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
How are people figuring out what countries players are from? There doesn't seem to be a proper way to tell these things, at least in For Glory.

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
How are people figuring out what countries players are from? There doesn't seem to be a proper way to tell these things, at least in For Glory.
At the results screen, tap on your opponents blue card thing, and it shows information about them.

Smog753

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1676-3692-5783
I'm looking for people to 1v1 with regularly.

Rules:

No items
FD, BF or YS
2 or 3 stocks (I prefer 3)
I don't set a time limit but I will if you want it
No equipment
I don't use custom moves but you can use them if you want

Before you accept, keep in mind that we might be unable to play, because my excessively strict router keeps me from playing about half of all people. The same error repeatedly appears after every attempt to join, regardless of who's hosting. If we manage to connect, the lag is unlikely to be unbearable. This problem is permanent and seemingly depends only on the person's wi-fi equipment, so if we can't connect and you have another access point available, we might be able to connect through the other one. I've tried to fix this many times, in many ways, to no avail. Whatever you may suggest as a fix I've most likely attempted already.

I main CF, and am also comfortable playing Samus and MegaMan. If you'd like practice against any particular character, I can use them for you. I like long sessions, and usually stay as the same character throughout. I prefer to play the same matchup many times, consecutively, before changing it. I'm not forcing this on you, I'm just stating my preferences. If you want to change characters often, or only want to play a few games, that's ok. If you want me to change characters more often, I will. If you beat me consistently, I'll continue trying for as long as you let me. If I beat you consistently, I'll let you keep trying, so feel free to try a new character on me. I seek to increase the amount and quality of matches that I have over the time I spend on this game. Having people I can play with regularly would lead to less time wasted searching on For Glory. We can set up matches via PMs on here. Anyone interested?

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
sorry buddy but mitchs lucina sucks
What are you apologising for? My severe lack of skill? I'm pretty sure there's more than one single Mitch online, so I'd prefer if you didn't talk to me in that way. Also, if you could stop spamming threads with your 1v1 requests and take them to the Friend Code Sharing thread or the Smash Social thread, I'd appreciate that immensely.

XKan

Smash Apprentice
I apologize to Fury, if you are a member of this forum, that I had to go! I was the Lucina you played against --and I also hate mirror matches XD I'm so bad at them, but I am glad our Lucinas were on par there! We were even doing the exact same moves at the exact same time in the exact same order, it was awesomeness!

I agree too, the match seeking is a little distracting to the thread.

link2702

Smash Champion
no i have never met a person called mitch ever
least your name fits your personality.

mitch is a common name, I'd suggest next time before you come in screaming a player sucks, you check more on the player after the results screen. It'll show you their mii, their full name(some are too long to see with just the small tab in game during a match) and it'll show you what country and state they're from.

I've ran into about 2-3 different people named mitch already, each one from a different state and/or country, and each of em were vastly different in skill.

EDIT: anyhow moving on.....

to a falcon named Cadet(iirc.) ggs.

Last edited:

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
What are you apologising for? My severe lack of skill? I'm pretty sure there's more than one single Mitch online, so I'd prefer if you didn't talk to me in that way. Also, if you could stop spamming threads with your 1v1 requests and take them to the Friend Code Sharing thread or the Smash Social thread, I'd appreciate that immensely.
hey you play me ,,ur from ireland ,,no lag,,,just imagine it ,,an n'imrionn tu smash ?

BBC7

Smash Ace
Does anyone go by Ryuji around here? Sorry for my lag, my internet randomly stopped working and caused a connection error.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
At like 2:00 this morning (EST) I was against Dury as Fire Mario (I believe that was him but he may have switched to Dedede before I looked at the name), Erick as blue Charizard and Trey as white Donkey Kong. It was so much fun, one of the few times there was barely any lag!

Tyril132

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tyril132
3DS FC
4957-3662-2945
Played a good 7-9 rounds against Marin. I was the dark blue Lucario, you rocked my world as Ganon in the first and third matches... then we sparred as Luc and Peach. Sorry about the last game; I had someone come by my door and I had to run. You were a great sport and the matches were awesome, I'd love to do fight your Ganon again sometime.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Nobody wants to play with a Novice Smasher. :4diddy:

Yesterday had an amazing match of (Me)ga Man vs Mr. G&W. It was a very close and intense battle. I lost. Very good opponent, though he only played one match. Why? Was it too intense?

Just had me a mirror match with 'fepe'. I enjoy mirror matches, like with Sheik for instance, but Mega Man mirror's while fun, aren't my favorite. I won, though. Don't mess with my main.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Just had a long string of games with a black/yellow Mega Man named "chiizu". While I won every one of our games, most of them were close, and I just wanted to give him for props for being the first competent Mega Man I've played online, and for sticking through all of those games without changing his character or giving up (I was the one who eventually left). Those Pac-Man/Mega Man battles were intense and great fun. Wish I could add him as a friend so we could continue playing. This guy has some good potential with his Mega Man, and I hope he takes the character as far as he can.

Edit: I'm the default Pac-Man named "Jay". I started the set with Lucario as a holdover from a dittos match I did before the other player left.

Last edited:

BBC7

Smash Ace
Just had a long string of games with a black/yellow Mega Man named "chiizu". While I won every one of our games, most of them were close, and I just wanted to give him for props for being the first competent Mega Man I've played online, and for sticking through all of those games without changing his character or giving up (I was the one who eventually left). Those Pac-Man/Mega Man battles were intense and great fun. Wish I could add him as a friend so we could continue playing. This guy has some good potential with his Mega Man, and I hope he takes the character as far as he can.
What's your name? I want to know if I ever fought you, I'm not chiizu if you're wondering.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Jay's a pretty common name, do you remember fighting any other black/yellow Mega Men? I've encountered a Jay before but I don't think he was a Pac-Man player.
I might've fought others, but if I did, I probably didn't go more than one or two rounds with them due to them leaving and/or lag. I also play female Villager and Lucario on occasion. I'm probably not the guy you're thinking of, but I'll just put that info out there just in case.

I've seen other people with my name online too. Will probably add some sort of symbol to it so that I can stand out a bit more.

Dylan the Metal Guy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Metalheadedfury
3DS FC
4613-8814-1645
Anyone played with a guy named Dylan who used Mario, Ganondorf, or Pac-Man? I don't mind rematches especially against one person named Marvin who used Ness, we started out having a serious fight but then we started playing baseball thanks to Ness's FSmash Bat, so much fun.

BBC7

Smash Ace
Anyone played with a guy named Dylan who used Mario, Ganondorf, or Pac-Man? I don't mind rematches especially against one person named Marvin who used Ness, we started out having a serious fight but then we started playing baseball thanks to Ness's FSmash Bat, so much fun.
Dylan is a common name. Ever played a black/yellow Mega Man named Andi?

Top Bottom