• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Whoever Loonie was playing a few chars against my Falcon, good matches. I got some crazy kills, and I definitely popped off when you punished me for my early taunt ahha I'm upset that after all that you caught an SD in the game you should have won. But I hope you learned new things about the power of Falcon

KevJames

Smash Apprentice
Joey. Great Falcon dittos. It was pretty even every game and I was always looking forward to the obligatory "Show me your moves" taunt at the start of every game.

And if anyone has played against me, I go by the name Kev and play Falcon, Ness, Greninja, and Pikachu.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Joey. Great Falcon dittos. It was pretty even every game and I was always looking forward to the obligatory "Show me your moves" taunt at the start of every game.

And if anyone has played against me, I go by the name Kev and play Falcon, Ness, Greninja, and Pikachu.
I think I played you earlier. I was a Red Donkey Kong that you whooped with your Pika the first game. Then you went Falcon and I beat you. Then I went Falcon as well where you won.

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
Had some really fun matches for about an hour or so with somebody by the name of LordFred. Gah those Bowser Jr vs Luigi matches that we had. It was scary when you adapt and change your playstyle. It kind of pressured me into turtling more when I noticed you getting more aggressive.

I hope to play you again someday man. It's moment like those is what I live for when it comes to Smash. =D

This was charlize that you've played LordFred.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Duuuuuude. Agerknux I hope you see this, because those matches were the funnest I've had in quite a while.
Shulkamania's runnin' wild, brother! So good to see another Shulk in FG.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
LITERALLY played a guy named "SmshBrds" in For Glory 1v1.
So if you're on here...I am not sugar coating this, you were awful. Don't shield when I'm charging shield breaker.
I Marth/Green Lucina/Shulk.

Last edited:

deech

Smash Cadet
I play under tags :) or deech.
Purple Toon Link

Shoutout to Owster. First person to beat me in For Glory.
I just started 3ds so I have a lot to work on, but you were moving on the screen like you would on a console, so props.

XKan

Smash Apprentice
To anyone named Jordan who played Ganondorf against a Lucina that kept changing colors, (and who accidentally switched to Fire Flower Mario at one point XD) thanks for all the fun games! I rarely see Ganondorf online so it was a great opportunity to learn how to fight him : ) (or how to lose to him. XD)

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Shoutouts to the player named Kalvin, got quite a range of capable characters, and forced me to switch a few times to keep up. Shulk VS Megaman at the end was great mix-up training, too. hopefully you have some insight on future Shulks out there, though I doubt they will be as mobile as I prefer...

As noted before, I'm Phoenix[502], and used a Dunban Shulk, regular Male Robin, Fusion shorts ZSS, a black Sonic, and a Red Dark Pit in our battles

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
LITERALLY played a guy named "SmshBrds" in For Glory 1v1.
So if you're on here...I am not sugar coating this, you were awful. Don't shield when I'm charging shield breaker.
I Marth/Green Lucina/Shulk.
Hey now, it could have been an abbreviation of SmashBirds...

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Played a guy called Chris who used Black Bowser, i must say you really need to stop spamming side B when it actually gets you punished over and over again.

Hopefully you learned not to abuse something after failing every single match.(got him with so many Shoryukens with Luigi something that hardly ever happens online).

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I fought an excellent Captain Falcon named SaixVII today. He did two amazing knees while I was playing Dr.Mario (trying to re-main him) and overall played Captain Falcon perfectly. Great matches, really ! It's rare to see someone really good with Captain Falcon in the For Glory mode.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Just played [SB] Mike on FG, which was what I was about to change my name to. Your Robin is really good, I was the purple Sonic called Mike SF who played like an absolute bag of ****. Would be good to play you again sometime when my head's more in the game.

:093:

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
Just played [SB] Mike on FG, which was what I was about to change my name to. Your Robin is really good, I was the purple Sonic called Mike SF who played like an absolute bag of ****. Would be good to play you again sometime when my head's more in the game.

That was me. Your Sonic was pretty good. If you noticed, I kept using Arcfire to prevent you from using Sonic's speed against me. Otherwise, I probably would have lost. I struggle to keep up with Sonic sometimes.

We can definitely play again sometime. I need more training against Sonic as well.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
That was me. Your Sonic was pretty good. If you noticed, I kept using Arcfire to prevent you from using Sonic's speed against me. Otherwise, I probably would have lost. I struggle to keep up with Sonic sometimes.

We can definitely play again sometime. I need more training against Sonic as well.
Generally I don't run face first into projectiles haha, too many 4am starts recently. Stupid work. No johns tho.

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
Generally I don't run face first into projectiles haha, too many 4am starts recently. Stupid work. No johns tho.

You were doing pretty well regardless though. I can't wait to play against you at your full potential. :grin:

JancroFin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jancr0fin
3DS FC
5472-8792-6103
So I had awesome Ness dittos (again) with a guy named Dave. We both started out with Bee Suit, then I swapped to Purple Stripes. Then you went Lucina and I got reckless with my Jigglypuff, you put out a good Luigi and I swapped to Ike, then went back to Ness for the last match.

Bonren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bonren
3DS FC
1564-2345-5130
I just played a guy named "Default" who played Captain Falcon for like an hour! Those were pretty fun matches and I would totaly play you again sometime! His profile said "smog573 sboards" but I can't find him :/

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Played a mirror Marth match with a guy named Versile or something. Marth has more moves than counter. Also, don't taunt until you know you've won because then you get two-stocked. Nice try.

Played a decent Ganondorf named James I think.

Also played a guy named Ness. He picked Villager. I've been lied too.
Close matches, I always forget that the tree does a lot of knockback when it comes up.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
To the guy going by "Nik" who I just finished playing who first went Sheik then we did a lot of awesome Ganon dittos including some of the most hype matches ever:

Sorry I had to go; got to eat before heading to work. If you see this let's trade FCs and play again sometime.

Space thing

Smash Apprentice
I Played a really good California player named alexander who played lots of characters, but mostly Samus. GGs man, you kicked my ass plenty of times lol. My tag is Howler and I played Lucario/Greninja.

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Ggs to a player named Tingle who went Marth and another character I forgot. I was on a winning streak until you finally decided to pull out your Villager.

That was utter destruction dude. That last kill you got on me was crazy af. Walljump to dair while I was attempting to spike you. 2gud.

soru

#2 Best Palutena in Canada
Whoever was named Kris and used DK, Diddy and Ganondorf, ggs! I was playing Palutena (green alt costume), took me a while to adapt to your strategy and figure out a few things about Palutena in the process. I'd like to play more sets with you.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Played a mirror Marth match with a guy named Versile or something. Marth has more moves than counter. Also, don't taunt until you know you've won because then you get two-stocked. Nice try.
Lol that sounds like it would be a pretty funny match to watch.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
THIS guy was awesome:

At the start of the match, he ducked a couple times, so I did the same, then he did it some more.

Then, we proceeded to screw around the entire match instead of actually fighting. I was seeing how fast I could spot dodge and he was trying to hit me with an arrow in between dodges.

In the end, it came down to a sudden death, so I just jumped off the edge and gave him the win. Seriously, he made me laugh hard enough to deserve it. :D

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Just played for like an hour against a Ness named Ana.... I don't remember the rest of the long name. But it was against my gold Falcon, you played base Ness. 2 stocked you a few times. Some good old spikes, but you kept coming back to try and learn. Then our last match we messed around for the full time with footstools and jabs until Sudden Death. Then I footstooled off you into a Bob-omb. <3 good matched, hope you learned

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Just had several matches against a Nioh, I think I spelled that right. Got a pretty good Little Mac but you started to get kinda predictable and left yourself open to a lot of grabs but other than that you did great, was good games.

Gyov4nn

Smash Apprentice
Just had a 3 hour smash run with kunkun from Texas. Some of the best matches I've ever had in For Glory omg, incredible DDD and Ganon those were some fun matches (even got to do Smash Potato xD ) I definitely need to 1v1 you again! :)

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
THIS guy was awesome:

At the start of the match, he ducked a couple times, so I did the same, then he did it some more.

Then, we proceeded to screw around the entire match instead of actually fighting. I was seeing how fast I could spot dodge and he was trying to hit me with an arrow in between dodges.

In the end, it came down to a sudden death, so I just jumped off the edge and gave him the win. Seriously, he made me laugh hard enough to deserve it. :D
His name, by the way, is "Heropon," or Riki's "title" in Xenoblade.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
I just fought a good hour against a very solid Greninja named "run." He made great use Shadow Sneak, using it to cancel his moves' endlag (I fell for the dair many times before adapting) and he had some good followups. Even though his edgeguarding was quite predictable and he was sometimes easy to pressure/bait into kills, our matches almost always went to the last stock at dangerously high percents. If you're here, run, what do you think of my Mario? Fun games.

D

Deleted member

Good games to a Mega Man player named "SaxMan" I believe. Their Mega Man is one of the best ones i've played! ^o^ His use of Mega Man's items (the saw, stick bomb etc.) was really good! I hope I find this guy again cx. (Also, Sax, if you see this, sorry for taunting a lot in those first matches cx.)

Fireriku546

Smash Rookie
David your Ness was a monster vs my Rosalina, you know who you are, the guy who kept spamming PK thunder on my Luma from far away so I couldn't even down + B, you practically wrecked two characters so I was playing on tilt in amazement. Hope we can battle again someday!

Outlawstarx

Smash Cadet
Played a bunch of random matches with someone named "powersh" the rest of your name was blocked out. But fun games. I was ness in the beginning, name is Patrick. Hope to play u again soon :)

Naisora

Smash Apprentice
Damn I haven't updated this in a long time. I don't know if someone took over for me or whatever but if not I'll try to update that player list I made soon..

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
Just played against Porscha, who played a large variety of characters. Not sure who their main is. If you're here, I was [SB]Shin. Thanks for playing with me, I had a lot of fun! :)

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Just played against Porscha, who played a large variety of characters. Not sure who their main is. If you're here, I was [SB]Shin. Thanks for playing with me, I had a lot of fun! :)
That was me. I was in the middle of posting :) I, too, had a lot of fun.

That feel when the person who knows that feel of not having anyone try to find them also posted to find you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom