• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Figured I would try this thread out.

Palutena named Kazu, anyone? Some pretty good stuff! I was the guy who got bopped as Charizard and then switched to Bowser Jr.

Viking

Smash Rookie
i just went 5-6 versus a Rosalina player against my DH those were some super intense games. gg if your out there lol

Tusca

Smash Rookie
Today I played Smash Potato in a Villager ditto match. I was a pink haired Villager by the name of Tusca

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
I played a guy named West (second part of name was cut-off, but started with "wa") who had a pretty awesome green Sheik, as well as Doctor Mario, Captain Falcon, and Fox. I was the guy who used blue Dedede, if you happen to see this I would love to play you some more. You were obviously better than me but not to the point where I felt too overwhelmed, and you had a great internet connection as well.

On that note, if any of you played a gray Charizard or blue Dedede with the name "Brandon," that might've been me. I also sometimes use a blue Yoshi, white Zelda, nurse hat Jigglypuff, and blue Captain Falcon online, but it's those first two I would consider my mains.

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Played an incredibly good player by the name of "Tri". Man, your Sheik is terrifying :urg:
So disappointed when we lost connection; I kind of felt like I was getting better. Thanks for staying even though you beat me pretty consistently. Hit me up with some advice if you're around :)

JKarmageddon

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4828-4911-5045
Just got annihilated by [SB]Mike, I'm JayTeqki and I was Roy. I'd love some lessons on WFT from you man

mistermoo33

Smash Rookie
Monty here! Who were you playing as and was your 3ds name the same as it is on here? I'm new to smash boards but I've been wanting to find some people to spar with since For Glory can be a mixed bag of good matches, frustrating campers, lag, and flat out bads.
I change characters every game. As I recall a lot of our matches went to stalemate. I think there was a Mario and a Pikachu game that did so, I don't remember who else I played. I'm Ty on 3ds.

~Rainbow Mika

Smash Cadet
NNID
rigobfd64
3DS FC
0361-6812-0263
Tyler : Nice Puffz you got there, a little bit relief on rest, but good play overall, you made my cousin angry lol.

Lighting : Really Intense stuff here, Peach got me bad ( i never played against her) and the mega man one got me nervous, you also make my cousin burst in rage with that Samus lawl.

maybe in the night i will be up again, my 3ds takes a long time to recharge (including the grip)

Last edited:

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
GGs to a player named Ty. The lag was horrendous, but you've got a great Ganondorf. Now if only online would let me tech those flame chokes. >.>

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
Just got annihilated by [SB]Mike, I'm JayTeqki and I was Roy. I'd love some lessons on WFT from you man
That would be me. I remember our match. Sorry I had to leave early, but something came up.

I'd be glad to give you some advice with :4wiifit: (and anyone else in my sig), and maybe play some matches to make up for that hit-and-run I did to you earlier.

Last edited:

Treehugger

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3883-6020-2201
There was this clever Lucario that made me ragequit on For Glory 1v1 today. Wish I could've grabbed his name instead of slamming my fist on the table and spilling my drink. It doesn't pay to get angry at video games.

Scolipendra

Smash Rookie
If Brangoose, golde or Xavier read these forums, I had fun playing with you three, even if my connection sucked and probably held my team back. Sorry, Brangoose! You're the most awesome Charizard I've seen.

(I was Shulk for two battles and Bowser for another)

BBC7

Smash Ace
There was this clever Lucario that made me ragequit on For Glory 1v1 today. Wish I could've grabbed his name instead of slamming my fist on the table and spilling my drink. It doesn't pay to get angry at video games.
Man, screw Lucario. Who's idea was it to implement a universal rage system, and then go ahead and give a character the universal rage system AND his own rage system? It's bad enough that a fully charged sphere is a hassle with online lag. I can sidestep it locally with ease, but online just doesn't allow that sort of timing which basically means a fully charged sphere = death as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

oldkingcroz

Smash Apprentice
Just fought at least ~10 matches against a REALLY good sheik, by the name of (I think it was) Papa Goti. Pretty sure that was his name. Dude was really good. He switched to meta knight and bowser for a few fights. He was just soooo quick. I was not on my game tonight, but thanks for all the matches.
I used mainly ROB, Link, and Jiggilypuff. Got 2 stocked on a good majority of them- m'names Mr. Goose.

mistermoo33

Smash Rookie
GGs to a player named Ty. The lag was horrendous, but you've got a great Ganondorf. Now if only online would let me tech those flame chokes. >.>
Not sure if this was me but I do go by Ty and I do play a flame choke heavy Ganon but usually I switch up my character each game so maybe not me. Who do you play and what was your handle?

Slipspace

Smash Rookie
I'll have to start remembering names now and mentioning them here. Anyone remember playing a falcon named Slipspac..? (it cuts off the 'e')

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So I just got utterly destroyed by a Luigi whose name was Mario (lol). I had no idea what to do with his crazy aerial spacing and neutral A combo breakers the whole time...
I was Zelda, Lucario, Fox, and Sheik.

GGs.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this was me but I do go by Ty and I do play a flame choke heavy Ganon but usually I switch up my character each game so maybe not me. Who do you play and what was your handle?
Awesome. After a few different posts I finally may have found a good player I ran across. You also played Bowser Jr., DDD, Doc, and Wario.
My tag was rSix and I played Ike, Shulk, and Marth. Mostly the latter two because playing Ike in lag is not fun. Though I can't imagine Ganon in lag. Props for still functioning.

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
So I just got utterly destroyed by a Luigi whose name was Mario (lol). I had no idea what to do with his crazy aerial spacing and neutral A combo breakers the whole time...
I was Zelda, Lucario, Fox, and Sheik.

GGs.
Played this guy too. Never have I been so rekt by a Luigi in my life

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Cheers to a guy named Spiral, playing Charizard and Robin. While your Robin was a bit aggravating to play against (we made it to sudden death), the charizard fight was very exciting!

Also, if you see a guy named Tim, using Bowser Jr., Wario (Yellow wario land) and the Doc (green), that's probably me. :)

Twewy

Smash Lord
Nick, from Ontario, thank you for those Ganondorf mirrors. Your Ganon kicks some MAJOR ass, dude! Even learned a few things.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
To a Stevie that I played a good many games with: Was fun! A little less spam would do you some good but still fun.
Though I am sorry for toying with you in that Lucario ditto match, a bit more practice and you are good to go!

BBC7

Smash Ace
Just fought a pretty good ZSS with my Dr. Mario, I got rekt and it was fun. I had to leave after one game because I was getting tired. The ZSS was named Toast.

Last edited:

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Also, if you see a guy named Tim, using Bowser Jr., Wario (Yellow wario land) and the Doc (green), that's probably me. :)
I think I ran into a Tim who used a Wario at one point, I was a Shulk, had one match or two, and the guy left. dunno if that's you, there could be a ton of folks named Tim

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I think I ran into a Tim who used a Wario at one point, I was a Shulk, had one match or two, and the guy left. dunno if that's you, there could be a ton of folks named Tim
i should probably find a better gamer tag for smash bros :D
pretty sure that wasn't me, though. I havn't faced a Shulk, yet ^_^

Last edited:

Argent

Smash Rookie
NNID
DoulgasJFalcon
3DS FC
3093-7352-1804
To the player named "Daily Dose" who was on Team Battles in For Glory with me for nearly an hour straight this evening: I just wanted to say that even if I never find you again, that was the most fun I've had with the online in this game thus far. Your Captain Falcon and Samus were pretty damn legit, and it was a pleasure fighting with and against you as our partners were frequently switching out.

And to anyone else who may see me online: I main Dark Pit (Black and red, tan) and my name online is "Who?" I seldom go online, but when I do, it's usually in the evenings.

mistermoo33

Smash Rookie
Awesome. After a few different posts I finally may have found a good player I ran across. You also played Bowser Jr., DDD, Doc, and Wario.
My tag was rSix and I played Ike, Shulk, and Marth. Mostly the latter two because playing Ike in lag is not fun. Though I can't imagine Ganon in lag. Props for still functioning.
rSix sounds familiar but I don't think I've ever played Doctor Mario in For Glory as the records in the vault say I have 1 game, 2 KOs, 3 falls and 1 loss with him online which is obviously impossible in FG. Couldn't find a mii named rSix in the mii plaza either. Anyway my code is 3840 7919 3884 if you want to add me, I will probably be on at some point tomorrow.

Last edited:

Pékaßlu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0147-0376-7641
GGs to mysmcorner best matches i've had online. You completely destroyed my win ratio but it was worth it .u• SB-dono

JML

Smash Cadet
:4ness:VS.:4ness:Mirror Matches

BLUE
who plays a yellow ness(lol) and started with a white DK. Great mirror matches with my Blue Ness.

Great rounds and was a challenge. Cheers to you! Learned some good new techniques and combos playing with you.

Volt@ge

Smash Cadet
NNID
Selybe
3DS FC
5112-4219-4625
Just played 7 or 8 games against somebody by the name of Vali, who predominantly played Toon Link, although his Falcon was fun. Raptor boost ftw. =p

If you're out there dood, I was Volt. Played Robin and a bit of Pika, fun games man, helped my spacing, especially on Robin, a lot. ^^

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
GGs to Binks who played a great Ness. Wore the Black shirt Ness. I was the Yellow Fox that went by [SB]Shin. Great stuff, I'd never played a good Ness, so thanks a lot for the time, man. I would have stuck around but I gotta get to bed.

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
Good games Justin, Peach =, and euris! The Toon here! Euris you sure like that up B, Peach = We sure showed that guy knowbody wanted on their team, Justin... REFLECT, REFLECT, REFLECT, REFLECT!

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Pretty sure I finally came across someone from this thread. The person's name was yes[SB] from the Netherlands (I think). We played 2 matches, and you used Peach and Sheik.

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
I didn't actually fight this guy, but I saw a really good Pit on the Replay Channel called Manny. Teach me, please :c

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
I'm frequently on For Glory under the name "Morgan" And i'm either Villager or Game&Watch
I met this guy on 1v1 by the name TFL. I loved our 5 minutes of not attacking each other and just derping around with taunts and dances with your Dedede and my Game&Watch (until i killed you in sudden death xD)
I love matches like that haha

Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I'm not sure, but this might have been me. Made a couple people "f this!" and jump off the stage yesterday...

Cecil-

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3067-5117-1564
Just dropping through this thread to let yall know there's a decently popular subreddit for this called r/SmashedConnections
For all of you trying to find people it'd probably be worth throwing in your (or their) name into the search and seeing what comes up.

Anyway, I played against someone about 4 days ago who used the tag Jedi and played an amazing Villager. Going to assume they're a US player based on the amount of lag. (My tag is Cecil)

Top Bottom