• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who uses zelda???????? Stick with Sheik

Metà

Smash Master
You just have to spam her good moves. And when I say spam, I don't mean throw lightning kicks around randomly, you have to be smart about it. You have to scare the **** out of them with SH double b-airs/f-airs, then go in for the kill. Spacing is everything with Zelda, and you need to be good with more than just kicks. Also, having a good Sheik is good for situations where Zelda doesn't fare well.

Arean

Smash Ace
Zelda is a good chatacter if you know how to use her. plus ger kick is explsoive.
so is her smash. even though she is slow you can be fast by dash dancing and aerials. Go to the zelda video thread and check out tyrael's videos

Shiekah18

Smash Rookie
Zelda's light attacks are ironically strong yet her smash attacks are weak compared to them. like her heal kick and also that rainbow thing she does can knock a person high enough for a star KO in at least 40% damage. Zelda is perfect for those who are good at timing there moves and also for the patient types...and yes I do switch off with Zelda when the time calls for it.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Zelda's light attacks are ironically strong yet her smash attacks are weak compared to them. like her heal kick and also that rainbow thing she does can knock a person high enough for a star KO in at least 40% damage. Zelda is perfect for those who are good at timing there moves and also for the patient types...and yes I do switch off with Zelda when the time calls for it.
uh.. what an odd first post

Her smash attacks are of 3 variations.. don't generalize. Dsmash is the fastest smash attack in the game, coming out on frame four. Forward smash is extremely powerful and has amazing knockback, if you have NTSC version 1.0. Upsmash is a good combo-er in that you can chain it and follow up with some tilt or fsmash.

as for heel kick..uh...there's only 1 heel kick, and that is the down aerial attack, which is the weakest spike in the game(it still works :p). The forward aerial and the backward aerials, which i believe you are what you are thinking of, are toe attacks(the ones that deal 20 damage.)

As for a rainbow.. -_-;; I assume that is uptilt, where she brings her hand over her head in an arc. It doesnt kill at 40% off the top.. unless you're on some wack stage with 2.0 damage hit ratio.

Yes, zelda is good for those who are patient and good at spacing, i agree :p But sadly zelda, even with patience and spacing, is limited by her capabilities. Meaning she gets ***** in certain matchups regardless.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
When in doubt, use Nayrue's Love. It hits opponents multiple times and the last hit has some decent knockback. If someone gets too close, punish them for it. Not only that, but it also reflects projectiles! What a useful move, it's like Fox's shine and Young Link's Spin Attack in one.

p.s. Don't hate my bad spelling of Nayrue.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I use Zelda. :p You have to know how to play her. You can't expect to play her like Fox, where you are running around so fast that they can't keep up. You have to use mindgames and space properly, like everyone else said. Also, you probably won't be getting too close. Her attacks' sweetspots have a lot of range.

Deva

Smash Lord
Though it's been said many times, spacing really is the key. You wouldn't have to rush most character's like Fox because they would come to you. Her fair and Bair can kill at fairly low percents and can be used twice in one short hop or you can mind game by using one, double jump and continue with two more or cancel one with a wave landing. As long as you're not wearing a tag, her up-B also works as an amazing mind game as in if you use it on the stage and press down so you stay in the same spot. It could confuse your opponent into turning the other way to rush but instead you are right where you were before. They turn again only to get a toe in their face. Compared to Shiek, Zelda is very obselete. She does, however have much greater K.O.ing power with her toe compared to many of Shiek's moves and it can really throw off an opponent if you change to Zelda in the middle of a match and play effectively with her.

Adán

Smash Rookie
zelda/sheik.... rulez XD!

:( poor zelda dont be so bad XD... she is a very good character and can get close to the enemies is you know how to use her but...... sheik rules XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin:

arrowhead

Smash Ace
her up-B also works as an amazing mind game as in if you use it on the stage and press down so you stay in the same spot. It could confuse your opponent into turning the other way to rush but instead you are right where you were before. They turn again only to get a toe in their face.
I don't think your opponent would just rush at you when they find out you didn't move. I don't see how teleport is such a great mindgame since it can leave you vulnerable and the lag doesn't allow you to attack right out of it. It doesn't seem as if it would scare your opponent much. Can someone explain how it works as a good mindgame?

Adán

Smash Rookie
zELDA IS REALY COOL! DONT BE IGNORANT XD!!!!!

ZELDA RULEZ DONT BE A $&/$## .... she had a realy usefull mind game IF YOU KNOW HOW TO USE! and the lag dosent matter if you are faster than your oponent XD

Kawn(Zelda) vs PHD(Sheik) - PS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfF1WRoJIQ4

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
I don't think your opponent would just rush at you when they find out you didn't move. I don't see how teleport is such a great mindgame since it can leave you vulnerable and the lag doesn't allow you to attack right out of it. It doesn't seem as if it would scare your opponent much. Can someone explain how it works as a good mindgame?
It really depends on who your opponent is. I often face opponents who just want to play "tag" (i.e. run away from me, maybe launch a projectile and then run), so the teleporting can throw them off; they don't know if they're coming or going, and they might even end up running into a shield grab. If nothing else it may at least throw their momentum off. Against most opponents the lag is not long enough to pose a threat to me, depending on where I'm landing. And some opponents WILL rush you if you teleport in the same spot because they overestimate the length of the lag, and there's yet again another opportunity for Zelda to shield grab.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Lol... that's disgusting. besides theres an 8 minute match time limit anyways
Haha btw Adan, Kawn's zelda is different. He can pwn PHD's sheik because he's indian. and tall. And his zelda is the sexy

Then again so is mine, just on a lesser level =]

Adán

Smash Rookie
darkatma is the prob that zleda is realy good XP!!!

O.o WOW DARKATMA PLAY LIKE GOD USING ZELDA XD i see your video and rate it whit all stars, some day i will be like you =D :grin: ;)

darkatma

Smash Hero
O.o WOW DARKATMA PLAY LIKE GOD USING ZELDA XD i see your video and rate it whit all stars, some day i will be like you =D :grin: ;)
Haha i have that sheik picture too
It's on the cover of my Math binder for some reason =]

I wish i were better with zelda :p Just that not many people post videos of zelda, so mines actually looks good :p And i messed up a little that day, usually i can do a bit better on comboing, and the occasional sexy looking dair off the ledge for a meteor

DemonicShadows

Smash Apprentice
I dislike Zelda, only because the only people I play use high-priority characters. I also dislike the fact that there is a big difference in the tier list between Zelda and Sheik, and Sheik is also so much better than Zelda. Faster, some moves are fairly powerful, and I am better at mindgames with Sheik.

Deva

Smash Lord
Lol, I'm sorry, that was an exaggerated situation. I thought others would pick up on it. I meant what would most players do if they saw you teleport on the stage? they run to catch you at the other end before you appear, or if they know you'll do that, you teleport to the other end. It is a basic mind game that can be used against a rush character such as Fox. It isn't something you would use exessively in a match, but it can throw off an opponent ocassionally such as when recovering. It has enough distance that sometimes it's better not to sweet spot. Note that that situation rarely occurs, though it does happen.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
this could be the worst sheik ive ever seen. :( lol how does sheik ever lose to zelda

Easy......

Midgames, patients, and brains.

any character can beat any character, its not impossible.the same was as in Peach beating Marths like nothing. reguardless if that is her counter

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Man, this is weird! I was expecting to get like 800 people furious with me for asking a question that insulted a character so much!!! But most of the people who replied agreed with me almost completely! Thanks for the advice anyway. I'm such a nub, I can barely even wavedash, let alone do it effectively!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Its because you are all over shiek. Shiek this, shiek that. This might as well be a shiek area and let Zelda have her own because most of the threads are mostly about shiek. Which is sad and the reason I picked up Zelda. I can stand shiek. Oh well, let everyone go all crazy over shiek because of the attacks or whatever makes her so called great. I rep Zelda hardcore and all the way.

darkatma

Smash Hero
lol. not just lightning kick
zelda has the sexiest(read:weakest) spike in the game, meaning it's just sexy when you hit and spike someone with it =] take this 11 second clip for example: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ij1ahn
Terrible DI, since that's my bro, but the heel of the foot, right into gdorfs face = extremely satisfying

as soon as i convince my friend not to use flcl music, then i can get a zelda combo vid up :p
right now i need more matchups other than space animals and dorfs

Metà

Smash Master
Of course Zelda has more than just lightning kick, but it's like Fox's shine. She'd be nothing without it, and it makes up 50% or more of her game.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't deny that Sheik is just overall a better character than Zelda is. Zelda does have her niche, and god **** do I abuse that.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Its because you are all over shiek. Shiek this, shiek that. This might as well be a shiek area and let Zelda have her own because most of the threads are mostly about shiek. Which is sad and the reason I picked up Zelda. I can stand shiek. Oh well, let everyone go all crazy over shiek because of the attacks or whatever makes her so called great. I rep Zelda hardcore and all the way.

Have you even used Sheik? Cause if you have, you'll know why everybody likes her! She's ultra-fast, has really strong aerials, and decent range too! Zelda, on the other hand, has to resort to mindgames and can only sneek in a punch or two here and there. That's why I brought this up a couple months ago.:p

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Have you even used Sheik? Cause if you have, you'll know why everybody likes her! She's ultra-fast, has really strong aerials, and decent range too! Zelda, on the other hand, has to resort to mindgames and can only sneek in a punch or two here and there. That's why I brought this up a couple months ago.:p
Yes I have. And sheik bores me. and eveyone plays with shiek. So what if shiek has all that stuff. it makes it to easy. screw shiek, Zelda FTW. I use Zelda against good shiek players and win. that means nothing.

and FYI You can play with the best character in the game, but with lack of mindgames, that means nothing at all. ebery character needs mindgames. there For I despise shiek cause of what people made her as and how they talk Zelda down.

Lightningmage

Smash Journeyman
Been quite a while, but I'm back. I'm a little rusty, but I still rep Zelda all the way.

I play straight Zelda for fun or money matches, but in tournament matches, I use integration style. Not because I suck or anything, but because the point of transformation is to use both characters advantages. Zelda's fair and bair are at the perfect range of Marth's tip range, making it a pure mindgame to get the attack in, while Sheik can throw needles and get in Marth's face with ease. But nothing is as satisfying to me as winning with Zelda, because everyone underestimates her. But we all know this.

Glad to say that I'm back in the scene. Zelda for life.

Top Bottom