• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who said Mario can't do it?

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yeah thats what ive started doing, ever since moving to oxford, Ive had to think about smash rather than do cos ive got noone, and the results are def improving for me.

Im undecided about what im doing this weekend, if I can go to craiigg's and jam's place, I'll probs be doing that, otherwise, I'm well up for coming to london

j3ly

Smash Champion
awesome (we should stop spamming the mario boards with pointless london talk), well i can house you friday through sunday so lemme know if you do wanna jam. Fuzzy actually said the same thing, and prof said it to Hype like 6 months ago. s'**** true

a rookie

Smash Ace
Thanks OneDayAfter7, I tried my best. I think I could've done a little better. Just a little bit of my tech skill was off. About the f-smashes, yes, there's a possibility that maybe, it could've killed him. But, the factor is, I wanted to attack him at quickly as possible to confuse his DI, and it worked. If I f-smashed, he could've just DI'd in the appropriate direction since the f-smash is slower and I wanted to throw off his DI. The d-smash did throw off his DI but Battlefield is just a big stage, so he barely didn't die. I heard his girlfriend gasping everytime I killed him though xD He's a good sport and I respect his fox.
If I beat Lucky, I could've got out of pools most likely. I also lost to SFat and this Link. Whoever said Link is not on Mario's level is a liar. I mean, no Johns, but I'll tell you why I lost to this Link. I saw this Link getting like 3-stocked by SFat and Lucky pretty bad. So, I was like, ''this guy's not that good." So, he 2-0'd me. I just couldn't try as hard as I did vs. Lucky or anyone else. I wasn't in the right mindset. Nonetheless, this guy was controlling the air with double jumps followed by nairs. I couldn't get inside or edgeguard, it's a Link! Lol. But I beat: This Peach,(by default) this Marth, and falco. My record was 3-3.
The next tourney I'm probably gonna attend is called, "Klap Trap Country II" on Dec. 6th. Hearts to all Mario mains<3333 =D

Lol, it's A R.(the space to signify two separate words and the period to signify the rest of the word rookie)

onedayafter7

Smash Apprentice
Thanks OneDayAfter7, I tried my best. I think I could've done a little better. Just a little bit of my tech skill was off. About the f-smashes, yes, there's a possibility that maybe, it could've killed him. But, the factor is, I wanted to attack him at quickly as possible to confuse his DI, and it worked. If I f-smashed, he could've just DI'd in the appropriate direction since the f-smash is slower and I wanted to throw off his DI. The d-smash did throw off his DI but Battlefield is just a big stage, so he barely didn't die. I heard his girlfriend gasping everytime I killed him though xD He's a good sport and I respect his fox.
If I beat Lucky, I could've got out of pools most likely. I also lost to SFat and this Link. Whoever said Link is not on Mario's level is a liar. I mean, no Johns, but I'll tell you why I lost to this Link. I saw this Link getting like 3-stocked by SFat and Lucky pretty bad. So, I was like, ''this guy's not that good." So, he 2-0'd me. I just couldn't try as hard as I did vs. Lucky or anyone else. I wasn't in the right mindset. Nonetheless, this guy was controlling the air with double jumps followed by nairs. I couldn't get inside or edgeguard, it's a Link! Lol. But I beat: This Peach,(by default) this Marth, and falco. My record was 3-3.
The next tourney I'm probably gonna attend is called, "Klap Trap Country II" on Dec. 6th. Hearts to all Mario mains<3333 =D

Lol, it's A R.(the space to signify two separate words and the period to signify the rest of the word rookie)
Ha. DI confusion. Nice tactic. Its too bad it didn't work. Oh well. I wanna see a rematch though. And you better win this time. =)

Do you remember the link players name by any chance?? I don't remember seeing any there. But then again there were alot of people attending.... Hey 3-3 isn't that bad though! Next time just remember not to over or underestimate anyone. Good look at Klap Trap Whatever. ha. =)

A R. Got it. Ill remember that from now on. My bad.

Shroomed

Smash Master
i wanna start playing regular old mario again

he was my initial main, but the bottom line is doc is superior

but man, i think this weekend im gonna play me some mario

FOX EATS MARIO/DOC ALIVE I TELL YOU (seriously he does)

usmash outta shield vs not retardedly fast foxes is one of the most useful tactics ever

if it worked on mango a few times, im convinced it will work on anyone

j3ly

Smash Champion
not on final D!!
Mario actually pwns fox on final D!! :D

besides, im pretty **** sure mario could have the metagame advantage, in time. So far all i have gotten is stupid, cocky nay-sayers. believe.

Doc is not superior.............

He is just a hell of alot easier to play to a high skill level. Not as many good players decide to go for mario over Doc because mario requires so much more effort, while doc is pill, pill, pill, kobe or something (lol). Mario is the leasy gay character in the GAME - ok well the cape is pretty gay, but the character in himself is severely lacking in pioneers of gayness (yes i just said that now shh)!

believe.

Shroomed

Smash Master
doc is only easier to use cuz he's better

mario has plenty of potential
but then again so does doc

mario doesnt "****" fox anywhere

YOU (and other mario/doc players) **** certain other players on certain stages lol

fox ***** mario everywhere

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
doc is only easier to use cuz he's better

mario has plenty of potential
but then again so does doc

mario doesnt "****" fox anywhere

YOU (and other mario/doc players) **** certain other players on certain stages lol

fox ***** mario everywhere
i'm convinced the only character that ***** fox anywhere is marth, and that's only on FD =/ (**** not meaning can beat fox, but utterly destroys him)

onedayafter7

Smash Apprentice
man i wish...A R. Pat said he might have another one a UCSD during winter break or early january. Maybe we can mario ditto. Even though you are a lot better than me. xD

a rookie

Smash Ace
Naw, no one's gonna hit you! Hopefully not.... Lmao!
It's just your opinion man, and there's nothing wrong with that =P

And for onedayafter7, that sounds very cool! I wouldn't mind Mario
ditto'ing!(pretty sure it's not a word) xD I actually lost to DJ Nintendo
in Mario ditto's, but not in tourney. And it was only one match =( Then
Homemadewaffles was like, "got next" or something like that xD haha.

SoldierRift

Smash Journeyman
and you want to know what else mario couldn't do?

Kill bowser!!!!!! oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh

Bowser is so beast, he can eat mario.

onedayafter7

Smash Apprentice
Dude. Soldier rift. You need to calm down and not say anything unless it has some importance to it. I don't mean to be rude or anything but youre kinda spamming posts with useless things.

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
Hey, a rookie, I'm just curious... Do you ever up+b walljump in a real match? I'm not competitive, and I've only ever pulled it off by fluke in a FFA. But it would be so **** ****** to see a tourney match where a Mario pulls it off.

a rookie

Smash Ace
Mario can do it guys! And thanks Pink Reaper ^__^
Eddie is good though, I played him in friendlies
to see how good he really was, and he impressed me.
That would be cool if we teamed up as the Mario Bros. =D
As for Shroomed, nice Mario, pretty close match =o
I wish that all Mario's will rise when I come up, because
I will! And when I do, kirbykaze will be like, "MARIO CAN DO IT...."
Lol jk kirbykaze, but I'm not kidding about rising up.
I just don't go to a lot of tournaments, that's all =)

j3ly

Smash Champion
do any smashers live around WC?
Canada?

my cousin lives in WC and my bro is moving to canada, which means that ill be comming down to america about twice a year starting 2010 to see them, but i definatly want to hit up a tourney or 2

prepare to see a mario like none other before.

I.B

Smash Lord
do any smashers live around WC?
Canada?

my cousin lives in WC and my bro is moving to canada, which means that ill be comming down to america about twice a year starting 2010 to see them, but i definatly want to hit up a tourney or 2

prepare to see a mario like none other before.
Do you know where in Canada he's moving to?

Top Bottom