• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

Cinder

Smash Master
^Tap the CS lightly (or X/Y button, whichever you use)...if you're askin' how to SH2/3L, I have no clue...I don't think you can do more than one Laser when SH'ing, but I could be wrong...

@jacobrhcp: I know...read my last post...thanks anyway...

I do find it ironic that no one has given me any help with Link...I think the SHL is a good approach, but I wanna be sure...

chungt

Smash Rookie
I'm still not that good, but I have a question.
When I try to EHDL,(is that right?)
I only shoot one shot, the times I shoot two I keep going down and miss the stage.
Is it because I'm shooting too slow or falling too far before tapping up or what?

oh, and how do I know if I'm L-canceling correctly.
I can never tell the difference between lagged recovery and L-canceled recovery after a move.
What's a good way to find out?

Cinder

Smash Master
I only shoot one shot, the times I shoot two I keep going down and miss the stage.
Is it because I'm shooting too slow or falling too far before tapping up or what?

oh, and how do I know if I'm L-canceling correctly.
I can never tell the difference between lagged recovery and L-canceled recovery after a move.
What's a good way to find out?
For the first question...I can't help ya...soz, man...

For the second question...go into training mode, and dair>shine...if the "consecutive hits" value never returns to zero, you did it...I know that works for Fox, and I think it works for Falco...

Junpappy

Smash Lord
What stage does young link give you trouble on? Falco should pretty easily beat him on most stages.

njr1489

Smash Rookie
What can you do to a fox player that jumps over you to do a back air repetitively? I see the blatant pattern but Fox is too fast for me to counter it with an attack, but i'm fast enough to roll out of it. I'm not sure if i'm doing the right attack either in that occasion.

Shameus

Smash Apprentice
What can you do to a fox player that jumps over you to do a back air repetitively? I see the blatant pattern but Fox is too fast for me to counter it with an attack, but i'm fast enough to roll out of it. I'm not sure if i'm doing the right attack either in that occasion.

all that you hould do is step back and let the lasers lose if he is jumping over you that should give you enough time to wavedash back and then SHL to take control

, and now for me, I have practiced a lot of technical stuff for falco, but I really need to get my fingers faster, any tips, and any vids that someone could find of pillaring on any charater, I want to make sure I have it down correctly

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
when you get both to come out, you have timed it correctly, you just need to DI to the stage after you fire so you land on the stage instead of falling. just keep practicing til you get it. good luck!!!

Falco Rising

Smash Cadet
i dont have the whole wave dashing thing down but is it necessary to have it instead of simply rolling when needed?!? or Could u just be amazin w/out the wavedashin and be a good fighter?!?

Shameus

Smash Apprentice
its not needed, but it can truely help, after picking it up it helped my falco game quite a bit, mainly for positioning, but I use it all the time when playing, some time it gets me in trouble, but its cause of miss timing, and that ca be fix. I say try cause it wont hurt to and it dosent take long, now i can do it with anyone (not that it makes a differance with some or help)

saberhof

Smash Master
i dont have the whole wave dashing thing down but is it necessary to have it instead of simply rolling when needed?!? or Could u just be amazin w/out the wavedashin and be a good fighter?!?
wave dashing is just like drinking beer, its a way of life so to speak...you don't really need it...

but back onto it...you COULD use wave dashing to get a better smooth feel of the character and his moves...but with Falco its pretty necessary in most occasions...like mindgames...you cant SHL > run backwards and fsmash can you now? =)

terr13

Smash Journeyman
For Falco, it's HIGHLY recommended that you learn to wavedash, you need it to cancel your shine. It also helps your slow movement game...

Shameus

Smash Apprentice
yup thats would speed your game up so much, and Falco rising I would love to play a fellow falco, i just need to get up to denver to play you guys and the rest of CO. if you have any other ?s i should be able to answer them

Falco Rising

Smash Cadet
alright thts good but iv been told tht i have a weird style of playin tht i get some crazy combos and i use the kick very efficently....but oo ya man do u live in colorado or ur just come up here for a bit?!?

Shameus

Smash Apprentice
na man permenat resident, but I live in CS and i dont really get a lot of rides up to denver, if you read the CO smash topic, you could find a bit more info, nut yeah tape yourself going against anyone thats a level nine, and Ill take a look, for all I know you could kick my a**, even though I pretty technical falco player

Junpappy

Smash Lord
If you're going to play against a computer, play against a level 1.

Also, you guys should practice with the guys in Aurora; they're really good.

Falco Rising

Smash Cadet
ya im not that technical wit him but im pretty sure if i got serouis bout it ill be alright but ya maybe i culd but i doubt it..i just picked up smash 6 months ago but crea we do kinda play wit the kids in aurora cuz i live in aurora so ya they r prtty dam good...shameus u got any vidoes of urself plzzz send 1 2 me

Shameus

Smash Apprentice
oh yeah I have family up there but dont get to go up too much, but I could make some today or tomorrow if my bro could clean his room, but yeah, I really want to start playing with you guys cause I have no love down here in CS, so if I can ever find a ride I will take it, and when is Four corners

Falco Rising

Smash Cadet
oh yeah I have family up there but dont get to go up too much, but I could make some today or tomorrow if my bro could clean his room, but yeah, I really want to start playing with you guys cause I have no love down here in CS, so if I can ever find a ride I will take it, and when is Four corners
dam that kinda suck so do u play by urself or alot of computers?!? the four corners tournament is on the first of december and i think i might be able to get u some info if u want?

Shameus

Smash Apprentice
I would like some just incase, but no I have a bro, and some friends that are pretty good themselves, but we have no one to test our strenght with and its a bummer cause I think we are pretty good

Falco Rising

Smash Cadet
I would like some just incase, but no I have a bro, and some friends that are pretty good themselves, but we have no one to test our strenght with and its a bummer cause I think we are pretty good
oo i c..i do get kinda bored of playin the same ppl...heres wat i got
It is in farmington New mexico and it is in the lower right hand corner of the state by durango. It is about an 8 hour drive from here to the house where the tournament is being held. Here is a link for directions. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...wloc=addr&om=1

Top Bottom