• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Kamikaze, can you do the Dair shine shine on shields or just on the ground? And controllers, I figured this problem out a while ago. The good ones IMO are the old ones. So rescently I bought a used controller, and it works pretty fine. So I advise buying a used controller, those are broken in. And they feel nice and loose :).

ReadySetGo, are you talking about trying to do the double shine on the ground when you get stuck? Or are you talking about doing a shine to bair?

The LHDL, hmmmm the best way to do that is using the control stick. Just push down and then up from the stage, and then after you shoot the first laser or after you push B, immediately start moving forwards while pushing B.

And doing the double shining on the ground, your just having problems with it because you need to master the timing of it, you can do it with the conrol stick or the Y Button, I just use Y because I'm more comfortable with that one.
I double shine with the analog but I can't do it on shields sir. I think i can though. I need to practice and i'll let you know if I can do it.

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
The truth is no one, and if anyone says they can its a lie. You can watch all the best players in the world and not one of them can consistantly power shield, but that doesn't mean if you see the opportunity you shouldn't try it because the worst that can happen is you shield the projectile (which is what you would probably normally do anyway).

As for avoiding other people's lazers (and anyone else's projectiles for that matter) the best thing to do is work the platforms and get good at it, its a nice strategy for Falcos to work against any projectile spammers.
well i thought that shielding anything gives u a sertain amount of shield stun so if u try power shielding and fail the openent has an opertunity to shield grab u if im not mistaken (srry 4 my spelling it sux =)}

terr13

Smash Journeyman
Well, people need to look back on the last few pages before asking a question...ie, he jcs with Y, and to practice combos get a level 1 Fox and practice owning him. Also, if you want someone that works the platforms well, it's Forward. Just watch some of his vids, his Falco is quite smooth.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Sup guys, just came back from a tournament Saturday still kind of tired and stuff. Tournament was awesome

I'll try to help answer questions tommorow.

Sora619

Smash Rookie
I kind of need some help with Waveshining. I can wavedash successfully about 18 times out of 20 but waveshining I pretty much suck in it. Can you give me some advice or something on how to use waveshining? Thnx dude

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
hey Sora, I'm going to spare Shiz the trouble cause i know he's probably just going to say this. Anyways, the only way to learn to waveshine is by practicing really. Check out some of the sticky'd falco guides, they'll help you out a lot! I learned to waveshine just from practicing. the timing is very similary to normal wavedashing, you just have to make sure you don't turn in the shine or it won't work. i'd say, jump THEN push the direction and wavedash. that'll prevent you from turning. good luck! and maybe Shiz will be able to add more but hopefully i summed it up for him :)

Sora619

Smash Rookie
Say thnx, BTW will the sticky help me with SHINE CANCEL too? Cause I hear it's a very useful technique but for me it's just too difficult that I quit trying to practise it long time ago

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Say thnx, BTW will the sticky help me with SHINE CANCEL too? Cause I hear it's a very useful technique but for me it's just too difficult that I quit trying to practise it long time ago
yeah, NJs shine guide should have all the info you're looking for. good luck!

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
Well, people need to look back on the last few pages before asking a question...ie, he jcs with Y, and to practice combos get a level 1 Fox and practice owning him. Also, if you want someone that works the platforms well, it's Forward. Just watch some of his vids, his Falco is quite smooth.
im just asking do u seriously expect some one to look through 50 plus pages of text? just a question!? but it just seems easier for ppl with answers to express them if they feel like it or simple dont but 2 tell some one to read through all of the post if they just wanna know one little thing seems kinda harsh dontcha think?

on another note nice 2 see u bac Shiz i bet u must feel alot of responsibilty 4 opening this thread of urs.?

MasterGary

Smash Ace
I was just wondering, how a JC works in any combo, i apoligize if this has been asked already, heh.
if u watches shiz's vid ull see that he used it for breaking a sheild with shine>shine>dair and repeat. if u do sumthing like that quik enuf u can break a sheild or insted of going thru all thta work u can just shine>jc grab. that is easier but u gotta hav quik analysing skills. most people just keep atacking when they see that the shine didint work.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Haha, it takes practice man. And yes K.C. answer questions for me If I don't get to them before you lol. Anyone that can answer questions please be my guest lol.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
Its hard JC-ing without holding the controler in a weird position o__o
lol yeah i hold my controller like sideways so i can multy shine n ****, which sucks cause if u miss the multy shine then u get punished for it when your trying to turn your controller back to normal

Miharu

Smash Hero
I'd suggest most people to look through bornfidelity's and NJ's respective stickies if they're fairly new to Falco; BF's sticky especially helped me quite a bit when I was just picking up Falco.

For JC shining, most people will opt to use Y and B. Just slide your finger from Y to B, and repeat. The timing takes awhile to get down, but it's simpler once you understand just how quick to slide your thumb from Y to B. Practice helps too, just force yourself to use it ingame, even if you might lose, since that's the fastest way to learn a new technique. And that's what friendlies are for: losing so you can get better and perform in an actual tourney (or serious) match.

Sess

Smash Rookie
"
There's another trick, one that involves the shine - or actually, there are two:
Infinite shining is possible in two ways - the fastest one, is basically shining, shinecancelling, and shining before you've even left the ground - this take INSANE timing and is close to impossible to do. If you hold down and mash B-Jump-B-Jump etc. in that order, you'll get the idea.
The other way is a lot more doable. You shine, waveshine downwards (spot-WD) and shine again. And, repeat"

I need help with this, what's your way of pulling this off?

MasterGary

Smash Ace
"
There's another trick, one that involves the shine - or actually, there are two:
Infinite shining is possible in two ways - the fastest one, is basically shining, shinecancelling, and shining before you've even left the ground - this take INSANE timing and is close to impossible to do. If you hold down and mash B-Jump-B-Jump etc. in that order, you'll get the idea.
The other way is a lot more doable. You shine, waveshine downwards (spot-WD) and shine again. And, repeat"

I need help with this, what's your way of pulling this off?
the first way is not near imposible. i can do it but only twice and 3 time when im lucky. and the second way u say is not very useful and its too slow so they can just grab u while ur trying to do that.

Handorin

Smash Hero
BYAH! I finally got LHDL to hit with 2 lasers. I finally gave up on jumping with X and found it was much easier with Cstick. You just have to have your thumb floating over the B button already so you can push it asap. (Which you cant do with Yjump.)

+I had to sit down for awhile and actually practice.
<--stupid

thanguyen

Smash Cadet
Hey Shiz,

My friends and I normally play on FD, but I've been intersted in playing platform stages.
You have a very fluid style of play on platforms and I would like to learn some things from you.

Do you have any pointers or tricks for playing on platforms?
Ex. After you dair onto a platform, you quickly drop and perform another aerial.
Is that accomplished by fast fingers?

MasterGary

Smash Ace
Hey Shiz,

My friends and I normally play on FD, but I've been intersted in playing platform stages.
You have a very fluid style of play on platforms and I would like to learn some things from you.

Ex. After you dair onto a platform, you quickly drop and perform another aerial.
i think sumthing like that wud b acomplished by fast fingers and skill.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Hey Shiz,

Well basically yeah, its mainly accomplished from having fast fingers. But you can always practice your moves and get your fingers faster. Like for an *Example* my brother KeepSpeedN used to be a very slow player, but very smart. Now I've given him some tips and stuff and now his fingers move pretty fast and he can do about 15 jc'ed shines with Fox. So basically it is achieved from having fast fingers and good tech skill.

Some pointers would be to go to Pokemon Stadium, and then on the platform do a short hop dair, and then fall through it with another dair, it works really good in comboing. Just practice it, at the beginning it will be some what difficult because you'll have to get the timing down. But it will come to you eventually.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
Well basically yeah, its mainly accomplished from having fast fingers. But you can always practice your moves and get your fingers faster. Like for an *Example* my brother KeepSpeedN used to be a very slow player, but very smart. Now I've given him some tips and stuff and now his fingers move pretty fast and he can do about 15 jc'ed shines with Fox. So basically it is achieved from having fast fingers and good tech skill.

15 O_O? are u serious? i hav trouble doing 4 with falco. and this guy is doing 15?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Yeah he can do them alot, right now he's right next to me. I could talk to him if he wants to post a fight of him doing ten or so shines. He is really good at it, I'd say he's probably better than me diong it with Fox, I can do 15 but not so consistently. Me and my bro make infinites with Fox. Like we get our opponents in a corner and then we will do like 4 JC'ed shines and then a Dair and then repeat that.

I'm trying to get some rescent vids of the tournament we just won a weeks saturday ago. He forfeited to me in the finals giving me 520$ because last time I forfeited to him lol. We try to control the tournaments by working together.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
Yeah he can do them alot, right now he's right next to me. I could talk to him if he wants to post a fight of him doing ten or so shines. He is really good at it, I'd say he's probably better than me diong it with Fox, I can do 15 but not so consistently. Me and my bro make infinites with Fox. Like we get our opponents in a corner and then we will do like 4 JC'ed shines and then a Dair and then repeat that.

I'm trying to get some rescent vids of the tournament we just won a weeks saturday ago. He forfeited to me in the finals giving me 520$ because last time I forfeited to him lol. We try to control the tournaments by working together.
if only it had tournament where you could win that much money where i live. the biggets 1 last year that hdl won. i think he got a xbox360 and 200 dollars and a ticket to go to some other tournament somwhere.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord

That would be good to see a video of the jc shines. You hsould even record the hands lol

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
When I have the opportunity I guess I'll put up a vid of my brothers Fox or something.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey DaShizWiz I think you're my favorite falco next to Bombsoldier!!!

By the way, what do you use to double shine and waveshine???

I use the joystick only (no x or y) and R but it seems to be a bit too slow???

:colorful:

falco_4_life

Smash Lord

thats y u so good. u got someone to play wit all the time. most people with brothers who play smash r cold

SeriousTyro

Smash Rookie
I have trouble doing SHL. I could do them but the thing is I usually shoot backwards when I go forwards to shoot my enemy and if I try to leave my thumb on the control stick and do my SHL's I don't go forward that much.

I also having trouble doing uptilt. I try to just hold the control stick a bit up and press A but sometimes I jump or do a up smash which screws me over.

When I dash attack or SH nair my opponent just shields and grab. What are some ways to prevent the grabbing?

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
If you know that your friend is going to shield grab than use that to your advantage. You got several options. You can play the patience game and just stay away spamming short hop lasers at him and let him come to you. You can also go the more aggressive approach and charge him but wavedash back let him grab and miss and punish him for it.

As for the up tilt its just all practice . There is no special trick or nothing. Just play level 1 cpu's and just practice up tilting them till you get comfortable. When you can use the uptilt on command and can combo with it than you have overcome your problem.

With the short hop lasers turning the other way around than you usually intended happend to me too. What I believe that causes it is pressing the Anolog stick too hard forward. Because it bounces back so hard that instead of resting in the center it goes to the left and falco turns around to the left side and shoots the laser (assuming you shot it to the right originally) I got over it and can now control my lasers no problem.

What you need to do is go into training mode and practice rushing the lvl one cpu with short hop lasers. Keep doin this. you press the analog stick right somewhat hard than hit y or x to jump (y's easier) than fast fall and while your doing that Hit B. If you have troubles short hopping work on short hopping first. Try against a captain falcon and keep practicing against shorter and shorter characters.

When you get more experienced with the lasers you'll be able to turn around any way you want to, which makes fadeaway shots very usefull.

dReAMCloUd - Assault K 40

Smash Apprentice
MAN wtf is wrong with you all..........read the ****ing falco **** guide ya fuks

LOL jk about the language....but seriously, dont ask questions till you've exploited all the resources, have you? Also why is there a "how to combo thread" combos are situational and pretty much all of the semi-useful - useful at certain percentages can be found in the guides anyway. People who don't know anything about comboing shouldn't be posting here.........just P.M. someone intelligible, the reason being that this should be a disocovery thread for people ALREADY acquainted with all the standard combos and techniques.

Top Bottom