• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Good stuff Jacobrhcp :chuckle:.

Pye, thanks a lot for answering questions while I was gone. I'll help you guys out tommorow, kind of late at night now :urg:.

DJ Boonbuggy

Smash Apprentice
This is a very, very open-ended question, but here goes. I don't know what to start practicing and where to go with my falco now... I can pillar very well, shine combo well, wave shine to eat shields instead of pillaring occasionaly well, SHL well, but I don't know where to go from here so any advice, anything, would be nice.

2 specific things... Anyone know the "ideal" combo for comboing foxes from 0%? I know that you can dbl shine to dair at low percents to about 45 50ish and then just start normal shine comboing to death, but what's the "ideal" combo

and to Shiz himself, what's the chances of your coming to Inn5? ^_~ At the biweekly this friday, Prince Zane was talking about Inn5 prep stuff, and I was wondering what the status on you guys is.

Thanks in advance! ^_^

lengeta

Smash Ace
I can answer my own question here, "practice," but I thought someone in this thread may have some good pointers. I have a bad habbit of constantly short-hopping from my shines rather than full-hopping when I need to follow a lot higher. Double-jumping works out fine a good part of the time, but getting hit and losing that jump is death for Falco, and it closes up a lot of options. Any suggestions on how to differentiate from short to full-hop, both mentaly and physically (I play pretty twitchy)??

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
DJ Boonbuggy, you have to be more creative now that you have all of Falcos basics down. You have to learn more creative combos now. Like unordinary combos. Like say your comboing a Fox. You do your first shine when they are at 0%, then you double jump out of that and do a dair shine when they get close to the ground. You wavedash out or you shine, follow him and do a Nair to grab, throw him behind you forward smash. Try to make combos like that, they work extremely good randomly.

Lengeta, hmmm. What you have to do is put a level 1 Fox on, and start comboing him. Just try to get in the routine of double jumping, or Full hopping out of your shine. Or if you don't want to do them, you can wavedash out of your shine. Wavedashing is another option which is just about as useful as double jumping or full hopping. Just try to get in the routine of Double jumping, Full jumping, or wavedashing out of your shine at all times. At first I had this same problem, it is pretty tough to get rid of habbits.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
i feel that the only thing really keeping me from becoming a better falco is getting rid of most of my old bad habits. any help, or do i just need to get more experience

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
I got those too. What I do is play my little brother. What happens is i do something stupid -> I die. I do that ten more times. Then I try on something different -> he dies. After awhile he'll notice that and so we stumble on. Every so many matches we got at least one new thing at the tip of our fingers.

So, just get owned, basically. You'll learn fast which old habits to drop and do it.

orochi

Smash Rookie
i have a question, when yall l-cancel a shffl to a shine, do ya hold the joystick down when fastfalling and just press b to shine, or do yall press down again after fast falling and b at the same time? is one of them faster?

MasterGary

Smash Ace
i have a question, when yall l-cancel a shffl to a shine, do ya hold the joystick down when fastfalling and just press b to shine, or do yall press down again after fast falling and b at the same time? is one of them faster?
this probly wont b much help but then i shffl to shine i dont realy know what i do. my fingers just move and it happens. so im not sure how egzactly i do it.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Ok, when you jump and then do an aerial. Whie your character is in the animation of the move, you just fastfall and then let go of the controller and then L-cancel, and then do whatever you were going to do after that. But the way I L-cancel is different, I jump, do the aerial, and then push Down and L at the same time. Thats the way I l-cancel my moves.

orochi

Smash Rookie
yeah i push down and l-cancel at the same time when doing shffl but im still holding down when i land so i usually just press b to do the shine. But i was wondering if it matters which way u do is one way quicker than the other?

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
yeah i push down and l-cancel at the same time when doing shffl but im still holding down when i land so i usually just press b to do the shine. But i was wondering if it matters which way u do is one way quicker than the other?
I personally let go of everything in between every move I do, with the exception of midair shine -> dair/bair (the instant one, where they both basically hit at the same time). My shines come out fast, that's never been a problem, but I don't shine cancel as fast as I could.

Use what you're comfortable with. The difference, if any, is going to be so marginal that it won't affect your play speed.

J Flo

Smash Journeyman
This is the same method I use. I'm still on my way to getting used to it though since I'm fairly new to Falco.

Mindphazzer

Smash Apprentice
What buttons in order do I push to do the combo Bombsoldier does with the reflect, pillar, reflect, pillar, etc. How did you shine so fast in your combo video? (which was awesome btw.) What buttons did you press there? How can I shoot two lazers from off the ledge easily? I use X to jump and just press B,B causing one to go high and one to go low above the ground. Please help Shiz! I'm a big fan of yours! If my questions get annoying just let me know and I'll stop. ^^;

- Mindphazzer

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Shiz, check these to vids out, now that I have at least some way of recording.

These were on the 29th of January, about 2 days after the fest at Chu Dat's house where I fought Azen and M2K's marth and got two stocked by both with high percents. Unfortunately Marth is my hardest match up. The first match was pretty one sided but hey. I'm gonna get more vids up later.

Note: KenJT is a pretty good marth and does well against the best people in the state of MD that he has gotten a chance to play, he just had alot of trouble with my falco those matches. I'm still new to the tournamet scene myself and so is KenJT, but atm from what people have seen of me first hand they say I just need experience but I'm looking for critique on tech skill a bit. Lately I've been on the heels of the top 10 players in MD and VA except for Azen, KM and M2K who are the only pros I have fought. Each two stocking me... Chu, Azen, and KM liked my falco, so I guess I'm doing pretty good.

K.C. Cloud (Falco) vs KenJT (Marth) 1
K.C. Cloud (Falco) vs KenJT (Marth) 2

terr13

Smash Journeyman
Mindphazzer, please read at least some posts before posting on this thread. If you just look back on the last 2 pages or so, you'll find the answers to all of those questions. I also hold down after a SHFFL'd Dair and only press B to shine.

Mindphazzer

Smash Apprentice
I'll just go ahead and read all of them before I ask another question that might already be answered. It should help me out alot with all the questions I might have in mind actually. I personally think its a fantastic idea. ^^

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
hey shiz!

heres a cool link:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=516492&topic=33369063

I made it just for you because you helped me and others!

Oh and I got banned for posting this: ...
oh **** I can't go to my deleted post because I'm banned >_>
Well, I'll type it later. It's really great, something with me calling them sons of mothers (mods can't have that).I'll post it later (somewhere with something else realating to ssbm)

Are moderators here any good? Over there they suck =), even when I don't spam. Oh and moderators, if you read this: I won't spam here. I like this place.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Thanks Jacobrhcp, I'll check out that website. :chuckle:

If you want to Mindphazzer you can read all the pages, but if you have questions I would be more than glad to help you out. But yeah it would be helpful if you read some of the thread.

K.C. Cloud, you play like my friend FlowinWater, he is probably 5th or 4th best Falco in Florida. You play quick, and can combo pretty descently as I can see.

Tech Skill:

1. You should mainly approach with just Nairs against marth, only use Dairs and Uairs when your comboing.
2. Do Upthrow to Uairs on marth, it works really good, some times you can pull off an upthrow to Uair, and then another Uair.
3. Mindgames, your falco looks good, but I suggest try playing more smarter, when I say smarter try using the perfect moves, like what I was saying in number one. And try to get your comboing better, that takes a major toll on Falcos game. Other than that, your Falco looks like mine, and looks like it has a lot of potential.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
i wanna get sum recent matches of my falco. but i hav sum matches int he 1 on 1 section if any wun feels like being bothered to chek them out. but those are sorta old.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Yea, from what I've seen it's not easy to combo marth but I'm pretty good at it.

I'm going to try to get some vids up on a fox player on campus so you can get a better look at my combo ability. Thanks for the tips manz.

I still wanna falco ditto youz manz. O_o

Handorin

Smash Hero
Nice Falco, KC. Just watch out for falling off the stage doing dairs.

Any one have tips on ICs? My friend has a pretty decent set and he can do infinate pretty well. So if Im grabbed, it's an almost guaranteed stock. (Dont say, "Just dont get grabbed." =P)

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
i would like to know whats ussauly the most effective means when samuses missles are flying at falco i.e; shine them ...jab them...shield... atemp a power shield i know i kinda worded this wrong but i think u should know what i mean and same goes for doc's pills as u can see i hate playing samus and doc with falco (dang floaters !)

Miharu

Smash Hero
Nice Falco, KC. Just watch out for falling off the stage doing dairs.

Any one have tips on ICs? My friend has a pretty decent set and he can do infinate pretty well. So if Im grabbed, it's an almost guaranteed stock. (Dont say, "Just dont get grabbed." =P)
Well, that's the thing, you can't really get grabbed. Try to land behind them as to lessen the chance of grabbing, and always hit your L-cancels. Keep them separated as much as possible.

terr13

Smash Journeyman
Hydro Kirby has it right, as in IC's really will destroy you once you get grabbed. If you are up against a decent/good IC, getting grabbed will result in death, not including wobbling.

Fonz

Smash Ace
I like playing on the platforms a ton vs ICs. Drop down and try to land a shine to seperate them and then go to town on nana. Lasers I don't worry about much, they're less effective against the ICs in most situations, fun way to kill nana's second jump however. Because she always jumps at the same time its easy to nail. Spaced bairs and fsmashes at the right time are also good, like when theres no risk of a grab where nana can help out.

Smash Journeyman
I like playing on the platforms a ton vs ICs. Drop down and try to land a shine to seperate them and then go to town on nana. Lasers I don't worry about much, they're less effective against the ICs in most situations, fun way to kill nana's second jump however. Because she always jumps at the same time its easy to nail. Spaced bairs and fsmashes at the right time are also good, like when theres no risk of a grab where nana can help out.
yea i like to go for nana to as supposed to bobo i think not really sure.
anyways get them seperated and kill nana and its pwn time for bobo.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Shiz, check these to vids out, now that I have at least some way of recording.

These were on the 29th of January, about 2 days after the fest at Chu Dat's house where I fought Azen and M2K's marth and got two stocked by both with high percents. Unfortunately Marth is my hardest match up. The first match was pretty one sided but hey. I'm gonna get more vids up later.

Note: KenJT is a pretty good marth and does well against the best people in the state of MD that he has gotten a chance to play, he just had alot of trouble with my falco those matches. I'm still new to the tournamet scene myself and so is KenJT, but atm from what people have seen of me first hand they say I just need experience but I'm looking for critique on tech skill a bit. Lately I've been on the heels of the top 10 players in MD and VA except for Azen, KM and M2K who are the only pros I have fought. Each two stocking me... Chu, Azen, and KM liked my falco, so I guess I'm doing pretty good.

K.C. Cloud (Falco) vs KenJT (Marth) 1
K.C. Cloud (Falco) vs KenJT (Marth) 2
What's the next tournament are you planning on attending? I so want to face you with my Falco. I believe that I can give you some mad competition.

Your first match up was perfect man. You're good, really good.

flipboi0787

Smash Cadet
shiz, i need help in ledge teching falco's edge phantasm(side + b). i can ledge tech with his firebird(up + b) everytime but everytime i press r to ledge tech on falco's phantasm, it never exectues a ledge tech. i know i get close enough to the ledge(wall) to tech on to but it never happens. do you have any suggestions for ledge teching falco's phantasm(side + b)?
maybe different timing to use?

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
On the IC trouble, as long as you stay on platforms the only infinite they can do is the Wobbles-thing, really (which did exist a long time ago but it hasn't been around so hell I'll just call it the Wobbles. Screw you all =P).
Dropping to the platform a few times and jumping back on, sometimes shining, sometimes backairing, really leaves the ICs guessing and they have to come to you, but since you have tilts you're good to defend against them.. they can't spam the ice blocks if you're on a platform see?

But well, the most important thing is to remember not to try and pillar the pair of them (on a shield right) because that's always an instant grab which really sucks. And don't go FD. ^^

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
I'll help you others out in a lil.

Flipboi0787, it depends on the person your playing. When someone does a dtilt and your coming to the stage with a side b. If they do it early enough, they can hit you without you hitting the stage. But if they don't do it early enough they'll hit you when you reach the stage. That is your time to tech. Sorry I didn't answer this before, I was really busy.

And I'm really busy now also. I'll help others out later :chuckle:.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
What's the next tournament are you planning on attending? I so want to face you with my Falco. I believe that I can give you some mad competition.

Your first match up was perfect man. You're good, really good.
Not sure lol, stuck at college atm with no car.

Nurok

Smash Lord
uhhhh'
KC.
play my falco with your falco. those are some good matchs./
there arent half as good as our matchs

kenshin7631

Smash Rookie
When i try to dair my friend he always just grabs me from his shield. Is there a way to shine right after u hit the shield or do you have to try and dair the opponent from the back? Also i have trouble uptilting with falco, like whenever i try to uptilt i do an up smash which makes me a bit mad so i basically stopped trying to use uptilt so any advice on uptilting?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
The Black Rose, I would say against Samus missles, do a nair vs them. And vs Doc's pills just try to avoid them as much as you can, like let it hit the floor and then run under it and attack them. Or jump over it and come down with an aerial against your opponent. You have to try to pressure them so they really don't have the chance to even shoot pills. Doc's pills annoy me lol.

Kenshin, maybe your not L-canceling right. You have to make sure you hit your L-canels perfectly, that will help the situation. But if you are L-canceling right, then its just because its possible to grab you out of your shield. No materr how fast you do it, I'm pretty sure someone can grab you out of your shield. I get shield grabbed and I l-canel perfectly. It just depends on your opponents timing. Some can do it, some can't.

Uptilt, you have to be in the animation of your first move before you do an uptilt, I'll talk to you about this later today I have to go to school.

Top Bottom