• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
The way to do it, is you have to push back from the ledge and then push Up+B. Like if your on FD and your on the right edge of the stage. Push Right to get off the stage, and then push Up+B. Once you get the hang of it its not that hard.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
I'd rather do the other way lol. But whatever is more comfortable for you guys.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Lol, I was gone from my house from since saturday, and I had no internet except at my friends house when I went over there on Monday I think lol. Now I'm at my house, so I can answer questions again :). But I'm leaving again Friday :(.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
Lol, I was gone from my house from since saturday, and I had no internet except at my friends house when I went over there on Monday I think lol. Now I'm at my house, so I can answer questions again :). But I'm leaving again Friday :(.
thats too bad. but atleast when u came back u cheked up to try and answer sum questions.:)

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Lol, yeah. Anyone else have some questions? I'll be able to answer untill Friday at around 4:30 :chuckle:.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
For Falco? Or just my favorite color lol.

For falco its that yellowish type of white that Bombsoldier uses, I like that color the most :chuckle:.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
What should my spacing be for Falco?

Also

How do you do the ledge hop double laser or where you run off the ledge and double jump back?

I find it hard to do. I can't get them on the same level and when I can I have to move my index finger on B and my middle finger on X to jump and hit B really quickly. How can I practice this?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I love monowhite, but the dark green is pretty nice too.

When you're doing a standard shine dair combo , what do recommend going into after the third/second shine, a uair into nair or what?

edit: I know this is shiz's thread, and I don't want to ivade his space or w/e but you can do it two ways. The hard way is timing the jump back and then doing the reverse double blaster. That's all timing. I find though, if you run off, shine, quickly slide the control stick to the right and jump it's easier to time the blasters and you don't have to worry about missing the reverse blaster.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
When is it better to waveshine to get under your opponent and when is it better to jc shine to attack immediately? Does it depend on how well your opponent DIs

MasterGary

Smash Ace
When is it better to waveshine to get under your opponent and when is it better to jc shine to attack immediately? Does it depend on how well your opponent DIs
to me that just depends on how u prefer to play. when u waveshine out a certain number of combos become posible because ur under ur oponent. and when u just jc ur usualy above so another set of combos are posible. it all depends on u.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Kidprecision, what I would do if a falco is spamming short hop lasers, is:

1. I would spam them back untill they get in the program and notice I'm not going to take that.

2. I would try to power shield/jump over the lasers.

3. Use your reflector.

Kashakunaki, the way I do the double reverse lasers from off the stage, is I fastfall off the stage, push the control stick up in a diagnal way so it goes up and towards the stage, and then start pushing the B button, what Chred2aKrisp said is correct, its mainly about the timing.

Chred2aKrisp, you should stop doing the dair shine after the second shine always, what you should do (I learned this from Lambchops) is do a Nair, to jab, grab your opponent, throw down and downsmash. Just do anything after the second shine thats different. Like a Nair to forward smash, or Nair to jab to downsmash. IMO Nair is one of the best choices after the second dair shine. :chuckle:.

Tarheeljks, its best to waveshine your opponent to get them with a shine when they are shielding, but if you know how to JC'ed shines, you should switch it up, Like Waveshine Dair, waveshine behind them Dair, and then do 2 JC'ed shines. And the best time to do the Shine (JC the shine) to a Bair is at almost any damage, just not like over 120 ish, if you do it fast enough you can do it to like any char at like almost any damage.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Hey this post might sound stupid. It's mainly about style. But i'm the type of falco who loves dair to shines. If the opponent shields I pillar when they bounce in the air i usually jump and dair and fast fall shine them off the floor jump dair repeat. And my friends say that my lasers are too predictable. When i approach i shl. i mainly got one set style. I'm like a mechanical robot haha. You got any advice on how i can change my style up? Also i'm learning to dair double shine. But i use my thumb and press byb as fast as possible. Anyways thnx for everything.

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
OK I have several problems with falco :(. Maybe you can help me out.

- When I play falco vs. falco and oppenent down throws + down smash, I tech roll to one side. But now my opponent found out how to tech chase me. Any way to help this?

- Shines. When is the best time to do them? In the sticky I read its oftenly used after shffls, but I just get shieldgrabbed when I try. I like shines and I can pillar in training mode quite easily now, but I just never get a shot at doing it in a match. Any tips?

- SHL. I do it al the time. But in vids of falcos they do it much faster than I can. Do they do something special? I use x/y, no tilts for shl.

thanks a lot (If anyone can spare the time)

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Thanks MasterGary :).

Kamikaze Falco, hmm, a good way to change your style, is look at the pros falcos. Like I mainly only watched Bombsoldier vids because I liked his style, at first I had a fighting style very similar to yours. But you should watch Bombsoldiers style vs Masashi or Jing and copy what they do, or play similar to his style. Like if you get a shine, don't catch them in the air with a shine, jump, dair. I used to do that, instead just do a shine, then jump, and then do a dair when they get close to the ground so you can l-cancel it and then do another shine to keep a smooth combo going. I would give you more advice but I have to leave in a little.

Jacbrhcp, maybe your trying to do your SHL too fast. Like if you jump and then do a laser and then fastfall really quick, its going to do it at a slow pace. The problem is you have to time it, so you jump, a little later shoot a laser, and then fastfall. And shines, don't practice your pillaring in training mode, using the A button is very slow, and if you were to use the A button while ever trying to do anything, you would get shield grabbed because it makes your character move much slower, so use the c-stick. What I've been telling my friend to get him better is go to training mode only for using the A button to do Nairs(Sex kicks) fastfall that and then shine. The techrolls, you have to switch up your style, try not to make it so obvious. Like if he throws you down and then you go forward, he'll probably predict that. And then next one he'll grab you and throw down and he'll guess you go backwards, which is pretty predictable because you went forward last one. Try to Mix it up, some times don't tech. Sometimes go forward and then next throw stay in the same spot. You have to try to make it more unpredictable, I use to have this problem a long time ago when I used to play RockCrock much more.

Edit: I can stay untill 6:45.

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
thanks a lot! :)

that kinda rocked >_>

nice thread.
Since I'm new here, I don't know; is there a way of giving you karma or pros or anything?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
No problem :chuckle:, the main reason I made this thread is because when I was a nub, I didn't have anyone really to help me except my friend Lambchops. And I like helping people.

A way you could give me something is going to my reputation points which is under my name, but for some reason I don't see it there....

But no problem man :), if you have any more questions, just ask away.

kidprecision

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I got a question. Can you come to ZP next week and train with me? I really need help with my mindgames.

Handorin

Smash Hero
One thing Ive seen you do in videos is run off the edge, jump, then double lasers. Ive tried to this, but I always laser the wrong way and not back on the stage. How do I go about jumping to turn the other way?

MasterGary

Smash Ace
One thing Ive seen you do in videos is run off the edge, jump, then double lasers. Ive tried to this, but I always laser the wrong way and not back on the stage. How do I go about jumping to turn the other way?
it isint that hard to do but i cant realy describe how i do it but ill try. first u run off the stage then u use ur dubble jump and while u going up u press b and then right after u pres b u start holding back on the control stick to move u back towards the stage. and then just press b again to fire the second lazer.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Ok, I got that down. Thanks for the help. I just had to get the timing down of when to press B.

Now... to get LHDL. I can do one laser and make that hit, but if I get two, one is too high and misses and the other one hits. Do I need to drop down lower or what?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
You'll get it nearly 100% of the time if you flick down then up and immediately let go of the stick and press B twice.

What would you say is the best ledge recovery against an edgeguarding marth?

edit: props to your avatar. Princess Bride is the best movie in existence.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I find it hard to jump with Controlstick. >_<
I'll try doing what you said and let you know sometime later. Im tired....

And thanks, I like my avatar too ^_^

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
Handorin, I started LHDLing using the analog stick to jump, as ChRed2AKrisp suggested, but found myself firebirding pretty often instead of jumping into lasers (as you can imagine, that got me killed pretty often).

Now what I do is drop off the ledge, then jump with Y and slide input to B, hitting it twice. It works great, and my success rate for a LHDL is high enough that I feel confident attempting it in battle now.

By the way, if one laser is too high when you get 2 lasers out, it dosn't mean you aren't dropping low enough, it acualy means you aren't getting the first laser off fast enough after the jump. It needs to be near-instantanious, otherwise the lasers will be staggered. You shouldn't see the double jump "flip" animation at all. It should look as if the jump was part of the laser animation. Once this part is correct, your lasers will always be on one line. From there, their height can be adjusted simply by dropping lower or higher off the ledge.

terr13

Smash Journeyman
I think analog stick is easier to perform the LHDL with, and when you drop down your head should be about the feet level when you were hanging on the edge.

Nappydude1

Smash Rookie
Pillaring Help PLEASE!

Can you help me with pillaring, i'm using the c-stick like everyone said and it's much much better and faster to l-cancel your dairs but it's a little harder to do a shine (down-B) with your tumb finger after flicking the c-stick down. Can you help?

And can you help me with waveshining as well?

technomancer

Smash Champion
Nappy, it's just a matter of practice. Smash is a pretty technical game, so you'll up your fingerspeed just by playing. So keep practicing, practice different stuff, and your D-air shines will come naturally.

Nappydude1

Smash Rookie
Ok i guess so, and thanks for the reply but can you exactly tell me how do you pro's do your pillaring?

Ok i jump, flick c-stick down (d-air), fastfall, L-cancel then i try to press the B button as fast as i can (shine) jump to cancel the shine and start over, thats how i try to do it.

Any other better or easier way you pro's do it.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Sorry I havn't been able to answer you guys, its just I'm not home right now and I don't have access to a computer. Currently I am at a friends house right now so I'll try to answer your question.

Pillaring, its all in getting in the habbit or getting a routine for your fingers. You have to get in the habit of making your hands faster. Believe me, at first I had a problem with this because I was so used to pushing different buttons that I couldn't get my fingers to push the right buttons at the appropriate time. Your doing everything correctly, you just need to do it enough times so you can do it faster, and do it without looking at the controller. I used to have a controller in my hands whenever I was being drove somewhere that we were gonna smash, while the drive was happening, I would push the buttons I need to push to get it as a habbit, so when I started playing the game when I got to the place I wanted to be at. It was much easier to do moves than before.

Waveshining, all you have to do is shine, wavedash, shine and repeat this. At first it is difficult, it will seem complicated because your not used to moving your fingers that much. But in the future afte about a weeks practice or two, it will become a habbit, a routine, and will be much easier then when you first started.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Well, its used in many ways, like some people know pillaring as:

1. Shuffling Dair shines(Comboing with Dair shines)
2. When your breaking a shield doing Dair shine dair shine

I think thats basically it....

Top Bottom