• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

booshk

Smash Lord
ill answer this one for shiz
u have one person (preferably second slot) to keep selecting the colour u want to use for both characters by pressing a and b really fast.
then u have first player try to get the colour while the second slot player is reselecting, it should work
sorry if my description aws badol

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
ok. let me try to get this straight. one person is repeatedly pressing a and b. the other person is pressing x and y flipping between the preferred color and another color. the other person has to select the color at the same time the 1st person is selecting the character.

i think i made it more confusing. haha.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Thats correct crispy.

Superryan, if someone is going to be doing full jumped Nairs, then crouch and keep pushing down b to get them in a shine so you can start comboing them. Or you can quickly like wavedash backwards and then grab them throw them up, most likely they'll miss the DI because the upthrow is fast, catch them in the air with a shine and then start comboing that way.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Sure Martho5, I'll be glad to check your vids.

Blunted, what I usually do around 60-80 dmg, when they throw me up I DI up, because if you go to the left or right they will either do a uair to like a Dsmash, Usmash, Forward smash. So I DI up so the will just do a Uair and then I won't be knocked in an angle where they can smash attack me, or you can DI up while pushing Down b in the air so you can shine. But usually at thos high damages I DI up. And to not worry about getting chaingrabbed as much, don't fight them on Final D.

Yeah Crispyzone, I hold down while doing the JC'ed shines. I think it would be much tougher if I let go.

Edit: Just watched one of your vids Martho5, I was very impressed with the way you play, looks similar to my falco. I think you should get a little quicker, and try to get better at comboing. Tell me though, did I teach you how to do the JC'ed shines like that? :chuckle:. Try not to approach Marth with some many Dairs, do much much much more Nairs, try to make that your only approach move. Also, only uses Dairs while your comboing, also what works vs Marth pretty good from 50 dmg and below is Approaching them with a Nair to an Upsmash, it works pretty good. It works best from 10-45 dmg, even though its possible from 50 and below.

I'm going to be posting some new vids, very soon. Be sure to check them out, they're gonna be pretty sick.

mathos

Smash Champion
DI'ing up against an attack that sends you straight up does nothing. Really its the same thing as not DI'ing. But perhaps its a mentality or something that messes it up.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
No Mathos, what messes them up is that they have to jump straight up and do a Uair and they don't have time to land and get to the smash attack. If you DI'ed forwards or backwards, then they would have more momentum to be able to do the smashattack that ends the small combo.

REØ

Smash Lord
^Thanks

DaShizWiz I wish I had a fast Falco like yours lol, I just noticed I did way too many dairs, and need new approaches, I also had trouble comboing Marth, thanks for the advice against Marth now I'm sure to try out those new moves on him, lol before I had no idea how to face a Marth.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I recently started practicing my waveshines in a new way ( at least new to me). I put a lv 1 fox on 0.5 damage ratio and just waveshined him repetitively, following the occasional DI.

Can anyone think of a better way or problems with the above stated method of waveshine practice? If so (obviously) could you post it?

festizzio

Smash Champion
I recently started practicing my waveshines in a new way ( at least new to me). I put a lv 1 fox on 0.5 damage ratio and just waveshined him repetitively, following the occasional DI.

Can anyone think of a better way or problems with the above stated method of waveshine practice? If so (obviously) could you post it?
I just practice waveshining by waveshining. It's really going to be the same no matter how you do it, but when you have a target, it's always easier, so your way is good. You can also go into training mode, and give the cpu a starman, then waveshine against him to get the feel for waveshining against shields.

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
the only problem with waveshining at 0.5 damage ratio is that you're getting use to the amount of damage being dealt to your opponent which isn't the same at 1.0 damage ratio. but i guess you kno this already. i think you should stick to 1.0 damage.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
the only problem with waveshining at 0.5 damage ratio is that you're getting use to the amount of damage being dealt to your opponent which isn't the same at 1.0 damage ratio. but i guess you kno this already. i think you should stick to 1.0 damage.
Damage ratio doesn't actually change the amount of damage being dealt. It changes knockback, which is why you would be able to juggle almost any character with Falco's shine if you lowered the damage ratio.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
alright, i have three things i need to work on and i need some advice.

1. the pillar. i cant do it at all. i can shffl d-air to shine, but then i either dont jump, dont sh again or instead of shining i dodge... what can i do to work on this?

2. lhdl. when i coem up from the ledge i press away and then y. i end up going to high on teh first laser, but when i do the down-up with the control stick method, i dont go high enough to shoot both lasrers.

3. my wavedashing sucks really bad. i used to not be able to do it, now i can do it, maybe half teh time. i know you have to hit jump then air dodge a little later, but i cant do it consistant, anything i can do? (also, some advice for waveshining?)

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
DaShizWiz how do u DI Marths Up throw? I get pwned by Marths Chainthrowing sometimes like 0 to death...:( I usually DI barely behind Marth since thats what I remember Sastopher telling me to do.. but sometimes that doesent work.. any other ways i should DI?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
alright, i have three things i need to work on and i need some advice.

1. the pillar. i cant do it at all. i can shffl d-air to shine, but then i either dont jump, dont sh again or instead of shining i dodge... what can i do to work on this?

2. lhdl. when i coem up from the ledge i press away and then y. i end up going to high on teh first laser, but when i do the down-up with the control stick method, i dont go high enough to shoot both lasrers.

3. my wavedashing sucks really bad. i used to not be able to do it, now i can do it, maybe half teh time. i know you have to hit jump then air dodge a little later, but i cant do it consistant, anything i can do? (also, some advice for waveshining?)
Sounds like you just need more practice for the most part. Personally, I do lhdl with down + x and I can hit it 95% of the time.

B-RaD

Smash Rookie
what are the other ways to shine besides dair+shine? When i play better people its really hard for me to shine them.

puff..jigglypuff

Smash Apprentice
i know any1 will find me realy weird for sayin this but is the shrine that important. well i know it is but.. its just that when i face my opponents they always have a shield on. its almost impossible to land a hit at times i always thought the shrine has priority over the shield to by pass it but i was wrong.

have u any suggestions to help me hit with the shrine more often. i realy cant get it in except the odd time. everytime i get close its either been shielded or i get kicked away for tryin it :(

Truedge930

Smash Apprentice
Dashizwiz,

I posted my own thread with some videos of myself and a friend:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=89839

A few questions, as I go back and look at some of my videos, sometimes I see openings that I didn't when I was actually playing. Like certain situations where a shine would've started a combo quite easily. I guess my question is, aside from practice the shffls and waveshining, is there anything I should play around with or some way to help speed up my reaction?

Thanks in advance,

Truedge

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Sorry guys just got back from a tournament this weekend (First place I won a Wii) vids will be coming within a couple of weeks.

I'll answer all the questions a little later, I'm pretty tired.

XLR8

Smash Journeyman
Shiz, I have a very important question for you...

Can you bring the Flordia guys to HOST 2? *points to sig*

I personally would love to see the Flordia guys there, and it's going to be a huge tournament. If all of the South made this tournament, it would be very cool. That and I got to see ur Falco in person :)

***Edit: What do u think about Falco's throw? Can u give me a quick rundown on what are some good set ups and tricks with Falco's throws?

******Edit Edit: Oh, and what are the tricks of the trade when it comes to Falco dittoing? I seem to suck at these even though I have really good combos on Falco (waveshine ftw). What are some techniques u utilize in ur game, and how do u handle such an opponent?

bety

Smash Rookie
dash attack

i definitly have a probleme wiht dash attack(im doing it way to much)a bad reflex. i want to ask if you have something i can do to remplace all my dash attack that is alot better and llike the same way to go to the enemi....
a stupide question i know:S
but thx

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Thanks guys, I appreciate it, the Wii is alot of fun :).

DJ, the best advice I can give you for now is practice your wavedashing before you start to try to learn how to combo good. Get good at Wavedashing and Waveshining before you start any of that stuff. Just go on Final D, and practice your wavedash across the stage. If you can do it going to the end of the stage and back without messing up, practice waveshining to the end of the stage and back. When you master that, come back and ask me anything.

Jigglypuff, the shine is very important. What I do to Fast fallers that shield alot (which is probably your problem) I throw them up, since they automatically go infrot of falco, I catch them in the air and start comboing them that way, sooner or later they will stop shielding trying to avoid the grab, thats when you keep switching up your style and keep getting them.

XLR8, I will see what I can do to get some FL people to come to the tournament over there. Some tricks for Falco dittoing is jumping over the other falcos lasers and mindgaming your shine, like doing a double jump and instead of approaching them in the air with a dair to a shine (most likely they'll expect that) just fall to the ground and they will dodge, and then you do a shine, and you start comboing them that way. Works pretty good.

Bety, a good move to replace the dash attack with is the Nair, The sex kick works really good and it has some of the same effects of the Dash Attack.

Trudge, I'll start watching your vids.

Truedge930

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, it's nice going over my own vids and noticing some stupid stuff, like rolling when I could've shined, but it's always good to get another perspective of my matches.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Hey Shiz, can you look over some of my matches a bit and tell me how to extend my combos or finish them better than I am now? Since someone mentioned to me that I might be cutting off my combos too short. And any other general tips/advice would be really nice.

Here's the link to the thread:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=90160

Thanks for the help.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
alright, well i got falcos wavedash about...75% of the time...its really annoying to time...

and i can shield break pillar decently now. it just sorta clicked this morning.

i can do a lhdl all the time but the first laser always goes over the head of the other person.

and my shl is getting really good.

anything i should really try and focus on right now and get down really well?

Top Bottom