• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Wheaty91

1. I can wavedash good because I practiced on Final D for about a week straight when i first learned about it. I first started wavedashing though with lugi because he was my main, and its much easier to do with him so I recommend you do it with a char like luigi or IC's. You should put it on training mode and practice wavedashing with luigi. Once you get the hang of it and can do it consistently you'll be able to do it with almost any char (Including falco).

2. To do the edge hop double laser, I usually just push down on the analog stick which is the stick that controls the characters movement. I push down on the analog stick to fast fall from the edge, next I will push up on the analog stick to jump in the air from the ledge. Then I will push the b button as fast as i can while moving forwards to the stage. Try this, this is the easiest way to do the Edge hop double laser in my opinion :).

3. To shine combo, practice it out first on a fox. But i definitely don't recomment you should start trying to shine combo when you aren't that good at wavedashing. I will tell you this in the future when you master wavedashing :).

4. You can't really attack out of wavedash, what you can do is wavedash then do a smash attack. Wavedash and then grab, stuff like that. But wavedash is one of the most useful things in the game so try to master it :).

King Malice

Smash Ace
Any help with Falco dittos?

I am not fast at SHLing within the first second of the match, so I always get caught in my little brother's SHLs. Is there anything I can do to avoid the SHL?

Also, what can I do about a roll-***** Shiek that always f-tilt, swats, and run-attack?

How might I quicken the pace of my Falco? My Falco looks slow as hell compared to people I have played against, and/or seen play. (For example: Dopey, Pyrogamer) I live in Michigan, so I used to play Dopey like once a month. =[

festizzio

Smash Champion
My advice would be to practice running shffls, a lot. They'll help you with l-cancelling and even with shl if you do it right. I'm shffling basically every time I'm on the ground, and for some reason the shine combos come as completely random, I never approach someone with the distinct mindset "I'm going to shine combo them", I just do it, and that's mostly due to running shffl's, in my opinion. Hope that helped.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Yeah, what festizzio said. After practicing enough with Falco, it becomes instinctive to end your dair shffls with shines. And it also becomes instinctive to cancel those shines either via wavedash or jump and lead into some sort of shine combo.

Myztek

Smash Ace
Just a quick question. I use Y to jump, so what's the fastest, easiest way to do two JC shines followed by a dair, repeat, like you were saying to do to break shields?

I mostly just have problems with JC shines without holding my controller in a weird position.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Just a quick question. I use Y to jump, so what's the fastest, easiest way to do two JC shines followed by a dair, repeat, like you were saying to do to break shields?

I mostly just have problems with JC shines without holding my controller in a weird position.

The easiest way to jc while pillaring is with y or x. Trying to pillar by jump canceling with the analog is just too difficult. Unless your bomb soldier but i don't know what techniques he uses. Yeah off subject.

JiggsIsMyHero

Smash Cadet
Multishining mid-pillar is a tactic best left to people like Shiz, Myztek. For those among us who qualify as "human" I would recommend just learning the regular old pillar, or, better yet, approaching with a shffled dair to shine > WD behind the shielded opponent > Shine and begin pillaring on their back side. I find that this offers a little more room for error just in case you miss an l-cancel (and who doesn't make mistakes in that clutch tourney match? ^^).

But if you're really intent upon doing it then you're a better man than I. :)

Junpappy

Smash Lord
On the topic of multishining or whatever you prefer to call it, how crucial is it to Falco's game? If they're going to try to shield grab you after a shine, but you've cancelled the shine either with a jump or wavedash, are they still going to be able to grab you?

mathos

Smash Champion
Yes in fact I believe its easier to grab after a multishine than it is compared to the pillar.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
No they can't grab you if you do it fast enough, the part that sucks though when they're shielding is that after you do your second shine, it will back them up. So they will be able to grab you. But what I've found useful for fighting marth is approaching them with a sex kick(nair), shine, then jump in the air with the sex kick while moving backwards so you can break they're shield and move out of grabbing range. If you guys havn't seen me break someones shield with shines i'll give you guys the link to the fight.... :).

But mathos, I kind of agree. Its about equal for them to grab you. But if you do do it fast enough it'll be harder for them. Also JC'ed shines help tear away the shield....

Edit: Heres the link to me breaking shield in a falco ditto At 36 seconds to 42 seconds. http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=VWhD8XGUEao

rrcyyung1

Smash Apprentice
about grabbing... sometimes when i'm in training to practice and i get bored i grab the cpu and start hitting him with A... usually during a normal match falco would let go after a short time, but sometimes he doesn't. does anyone know why sometimes falco (and i think other chars too) will never release his grip on an opponent? what do i have to do to get this?

nemo08

Smash Rookie
hey dashizwiz i learned how to wavedash but how can i make it to be useful, how is WD used, and how can i WD faster, please give me some tips because theres this guy who is bad *** and i want to beat him. Im familiar with the Wshine with falco but i need to wavedash faser. Please help. and how can i break their shield or what other ways can i attack

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Guys I mainly wanted to show that doing the JC'ed shines was useful. If it doesn't help you or if it doesn't look like it can help you then don't do it. Nemo, practice going to a Fox/Falco/CF cpu do a shine, and then wavedash out of the shine. Try learning how to waveshine now. Once you get that mastered tell me, then I'll tell you what to do for combos.

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
how do you ledgehog by turning with the shine? or at least thats what it looks like lol

how do you ledgehop those lasers without side-b ing... when do you push towards the stage?

does the same color thing work on all versions and all characters? do you just have one person change with x/y and the other a/b really fast and hope you get the x/y dude on the same color as a/b dude ended?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
The ledgehop laser without phantasm is done by jumping towards the stage, temporarily letting go of your joystick, shooting the first laser, and then after the gun has been pulled out you can do the second laser regardless of whether you're holding down on the control stick or not so you can DI further towards the stage while shooting.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Wutthefwasthat, what I do to turn around in shine is while running towards the stage I'll shine, while in the shine turn the opposite direction then wave dash backwards. And ragingasian told you how to do the Ledge hop double lasers. The same color thing works with all chars.

Falco/2Pac

Smash Rookie
hi

im 13 and starting to get into SSBM. After some expierimentation I choose falco as my character. The bad thing is my 11 year old bro kicks my *** with marth. All I know how to do is side-C and dodge. Can you help me beat him? Tips?

kidprecision

Smash Apprentice
The ledgehop laser without phantasm is done by jumping towards the stage, temporarily letting go of your joystick, shooting the first laser, and then after the gun has been pulled out you can do the second laser regardless of whether you're holding down on the control stick or not so you can DI further towards the stage while shooting.
awesome explanation

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Yeah guys, if you can do what RaginginAsian did and help others out, I wouldn't mind. Just as long as the info you give to the person that wants help to is correct. Cause sometimes I'm not able to read a request before others, so please help other people out if you can :).

2 Pac I can't really give any tips for you against Marth if your not advanced (Able to wavedash or L-cancel). Go on melee discussion and learn about wavedashing and L-canceling. Once you get that down, I'll be sure to help you out vs your bros marth. I'll be able to teach you stuff vs marth when you get more advanced. If I told you some stuff vs Marth right now it would all just confuse you.

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
When facing a marth after you shine, do you double jump ff dair or do you fully jump dair(not ff'ed) then fast fall before the marth hits the ground?

In your opinion, what is the best throw to do in falco dittos? Should I try the dthrow to tech chased shl (like lambchops sometimes does) or uthrow to an aerial or shine?

Food for thought: In the beginning of a falco ditto (pretty much when you have low damage or none at all), try cc-ing to a shine when your opponent dairs. I've been successful with this recently.

Off topic: How do you do the real dittos? I saw you doing it in one of the real falco dittos with lambchops, but can you please explain it.

nemo08

Smash Rookie
Hey dashizwiz, what is a falco ditto? how do they work? also i can waveshine better now, I can waveshine i just have to do it faster, what other advice do you have? to break the opponents guard.

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
nemo08, falco dittos means that both players are falcos (pretty much the same character). what do you mean by how do they work?

rrcyyung1, waveshine is the technique of shining then immediately wavedashing out of that shine. if you need any specifics as in button inputs, just ask.

nemo08

Smash Rookie
yeah but why do i see some videos of 2 falcos fighting butwith the same outfit.

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
nemo08, those vids of REAL (same color) dittos are for people to guess which falco is which based on their playing style. the point of the same color is to make it harder for you to guess unlike color coordinated characters.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Lol yeah what crispy said.

Crispy, when facing Marth. What I do is Shine Double jump, and then a Dair while fast falling when I'm over him. Then I wait to get to the ground to L-canel. And Then I'll do an uptilt to a Uair. But if they're going to land on a platform I'll do Shine Double jump dair and fastfalling at the same time to an uptilt to a shine to bair. Or on a platform I'll do Shine to double jump to Dair and fastfall at the same time to a shine, if they're high in the air like a yoshi's story kill them with the shine. If they're not that high just do a Uair or another Dair to keep the combo going.

In falco dittos I suggest doing every throw. Throwing up is very useful, throwing down is kind of useful if you know where they're going. Throwing behind is useful, and throwing forward is very useful.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
how do u deal with fox full jump nair cuz it seems no matter what i do offensively his nair goes over or under my full jump nair and if i shield im in trouble and even if i shieldshine it doesnt seem to work and it seems like everything else clashes.

Top Bottom