• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who loves Sonic T. H. I do thats who.

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
Sonic is by far one of the best characters for the new gaming era for smash, but the only question is, can you control him better than you can in the regular sonic T. Hedgehog series?

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
"The New Gaming Era..."
You talking about his newer games...?

In any case, the control was pretty good in the old games, though apparently you disagree. I haven't played the E for All demo, though.

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
god, i got a chance to play brawl, and sonic sucks so bad its not even funny. man who ever disigned his moves is a real bag.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
^^Don't flop just yet, boyo. Sonic is supposed to be one of the last characters you unlock. As anyone who knows anything about games in general can tell you, this makes him the character with the highest learning curve. Skill.

Look up Sonicorochi. He's a user who just joined, ad his videos show off a lot of Sonic's combo abilities. It's quite amazing.

BentoBox

Smash Master
There is absolutely no correlation between learning curve and the order of apparition of characters...

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
There is absolutely no correlation between learning curve and the order of apparition of characters...
yeah... I have to agree here... not saying that sonic is the worst.. I'm just saying that the learning curve thing in relation to order of appearence is not true.

and sonic doesn't have the highest learning curve either I don't think... I mean Pokemon Trainer, for example has a larger learning curve since you, unlike zelda/sheik or Samus/ZSS actually have to strategically use the 3 pokemon in tandem

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
well sonic rush is awesome(just get it in japanese) and secret rings(put the voices in japanese) is alright avoid any other newer games at all costs they are terrible and on topic seeing as how brawl has tight control probably better than any of his 3-d games

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
secret rings was NOT great... ug... and I wasn't a heroes fan either... but the 2 adventure games were great... ESPECIALLY sonic adventure2... though I would have greatly prefered tails NOT in a robot.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
not great alright and heroes was good just not THAT good but 06 and rivals were utter disasters they make me cry sometimes:(

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Omg so much truth! Tails doesn't need all that to kick ***.
indeed... how he was in the original SA was about perfect with the Kick*** breakdance attack and the ridiculous double jump... not the boring infiniglide of tails in SA2 chao garden or his SA2 robot.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
indeed... how he was in the original SA was about perfect with the Kick*** breakdance attack and the ridiculous double jump... not the boring infiniglide of tails in SA2 chao garden or his SA2 robot.
yeah i would love a game with only speed stages that would rock hey cool sonic rush

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
aww.. now I'm all sad imagining tails in brawl... he'd be fun.... completely broken recovery and all

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
yeah... I have to agree here... not saying that sonic is the worst.. I'm just saying that the learning curve thing in relation to order of appearence is not true.

and sonic doesn't have the highest learning curve either I don't think... I mean Pokemon Trainer, for example has a larger learning curve since you, unlike zelda/sheik or Samus/ZSS actually have to strategically use the 3 pokemon in tandem
Not really, people tend to mostly use Squirtle and Ivysaur (if they really have too) diminished damage percent isn't big enough to get people to play the crappy zard.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Not really, people tend to mostly use Squirtle and Ivysaur (if they really have too) diminished damage percent isn't big enough to get people to play the crappy zard.
still... 2 character tandem is still a different playstyle

Lyoncet

Smash Apprentice
2 playable characters from one third-party franchise would be overdoing it IMO.

Not to say it wouldn't have been awesome. Or at least as a recovery assist trophy.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Meh, SA2 was 66% garbage. Sorry, but the speed stages couldn't make up for the rest of the game. There hasn't been a *great* Sonic game since S3K. The handheld games were pretty good though.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
they couldnt have gone wrong with tails in brawl..............the lil guy *****
agreed... who doesn't love tails? I mean he's the luigi to sonic's mario. I'd rather have him than a few of the chaarcters that made it in... in fact, I think he deserves it more than some.

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
well sonic rush is awesome(just get it in japanese) and secret rings(put the voices in japanese) is alright avoid any other newer games at all costs they are terrible and on topic seeing as how brawl has tight control probably better than any of his 3-d games
k dude, was that even about brawl. seriosly, i bet you haven't even played it yet. most of the new sonic games sucked exect for the one in 2006. so please keep to brawl discusion here. but to go off your topic ways. since sonic sucked in those games, it makes sence why he suckes in brawl.

secret rings was NOT great... ug... and I wasn't a heroes fan either... but the 2 adventure games were great... ESPECIALLY sonic adventure2... though I would have greatly prefered tails NOT in a robot.
like i said to the other guy, keep to brawl discusion.

not great alright and heroes was good just not THAT good but 06 and rivals were utter disasters they make me cry sometimes:(
06 was good

Sonic and I go way back, like in the Sega Genesis era. Even if he sucks, I will often use him.
way off topic dude....but i have to agree with you on the genesis part. but i will never proboly use sonic on free will again.

thanks for keeping it about brawl. but seriosly, there really is no curve. all the pokemon have the same advantages but in a different phisical style. its not that hard to use them

still... 2 character tandem is still a different playstyle
they couldnt have gone wrong with tails in brawl..............the lil guy *****
2 playable characters from one third-party franchise would be overdoing it IMO.

Not to say it wouldn't have been awesome. Or at least as a recovery assist trophy.
agreed... who doesn't love tails? I mean he's the luigi to sonic's mario. I'd rather have him than a few of the chaarcters that made it in... in fact, I think he deserves it more than some.

ill comit later

Libomasus

Smash Journeyman
Best 3D Sonic is SA1, at least the Sonic segments are.

I was rooting for Tails the entire time, but seeing Sonic look so great in Brawl makes up for it. Shadow being an AT doesn't though.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
yeah... tails would have been a great aditional character... (chances are, he'd be higher on the teir list than sonic) and shadow would have made a great alternate outfit.

as for the sonci games... I dunno... I just got so much more into SA2... and it had more replay value to me... so I liked it better

Napilopez

Smash Lord
SA2 was awesome. So was Sa1 though. But nothing beats the uber-speed of SA2's Sonic and Shadow levels. Other characters were mostly horrible though.

On a sidenote, I think the Sonic games have tons of great storyline potential. I cant wait to see how this BioWare Sonic RPG turns out.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I dunno I thought treasure hunting was fun... when it wasn't stupid (like the asteroid and prison levels)

Napilopez

Smash Lord
I despised those stages. Haha. Stupid Camera problems.

Hehe, I was playing SA2the other day and Rouge's space level reminded me of a badly made mario galaxy, even if SA2 did come first.

I stil abhor the camera in the treasure levels though.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I thought that Wild Canyon, Pumpkin Hill, Submerged Mine (whatever it was called), and the pyramid levels were amazing... especially with the BGM tracks.

Libomasus

Smash Journeyman
SA2 was more of an action game, so it strayed from the formula a little bit which I didn't like, but I know tons of people who do. I also liked the music in SA1 better.

The more open treasure hunting levels were fine, but the small closed in ones took a while sometimes. I know finding three keys with Rouge took me at least half an hour, which is way too long for one level.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
yeah... that was something I didn't like... City escae and Radical Highway were probably about the best stages in the game.... who puts their strongest stages first?

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
Wrong dude wrong....

About the best 3D sonic is SA2.
do you know nothing about game play. SA2 was really bad, and the lips just moved to no rythem when they talked. SA2 was horible. sonic games should really not have talking until the grafics are unberably good like sonic 06.

Glenn? You really, really don't need to respond to every post on a thread. Make your point and move on.
i know dude but i felt like i needed to adress the situation here

yeah... that was something I didn't like... City escae and Radical Highway were probably about the best stages in the game.... who puts their strongest stages first?

seriosly, you have no idea what gaming is really like. i suggest you go onto wikipedia and do some long research on real gaming facts. god you make me want to through up your facts are so horibly wronge. when you get some solid hard core gaming facts that would make any guy hard to even just read. than you guys can talk about nonsence stuff. so for the time being, just stick to sonic on brawl, or the move set of other sonic characters that would work great in brawl.

i really dont mind you guys talking about other games. but when i see stuff like "SA2 was way better that sonic 06." it really gets me steamed. so just try to keep things real.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Wow i forget who but did someone say rush sucked and 06 was good? was it a joke? on topic i hear charizard is actually pretty good

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
he is good. my friend valdens used him and said he was better than squirtle and ivisaur. but adressing sonic rush, i heard from a couple friends that it had good grafics, but lacked the great game play.

Top Bottom