• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who lives in the East Coast?

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Here's the deal, I want to go pro with this game, but I need some real profesionals to help me determine my skill. I don't have a clue where Smash tournaments are in Michigan, and my neighborhood only has two people that play Brawl...they're both casual players. I was wondering since this site contains the people I'm looking for, if it's not to much to ask, could I brawl you online?

If you notice the title, I live in the east coast of the U.S., and I want to fight a pro with the smallest interuptions possible, and I'm sure they're some people (even in the east of the west coast) that will not cause any lag fighting me.

My mains are Falco, Fox, Lucario, Pikachu, and Yoshi. I'm deciding to use Falco and Pikachu to go pro with (I grew up using them in my Melee years). However, I'm very tempted to use Fox and Lucario as well, it's just that it'd to to much work handling 4 characters. Yoshi, well, has many bad match-ups, but I guess I can fight someone with him to see my progress with him as well.:)

As of now, I'm mastering Falco boost techs. and Pikachu's quick attack cancelling. I think I almost have them mastered, but not yet. (You know that you've mastered something when you can do it at will) If there's any players that live around the west of the east coast, I'll always be waiting for an acception (if that's a word...)

clowsui

Smash Legend
Here's the deal, I want to go pro with this game, but I need some real profesionals to help me determine my skill. I don't have a clue where Smash tournaments are in Michigan, and my neighborhood only has two people that play Brawl...they're both casual players. I was wondering since this site contains the people I'm looking for, if it's not to much to ask, could I brawl you online?

If you notice the title, I live in the east coast of the U.S., and I want to fight a pro with the smallest interuptions possible, and I'm sure they're some people (even in the east of the west coast) that will not cause any lag fighting me.

My mains are Falco, Fox, Lucario, Pikachu, and Yoshi. I'm deciding to use Falco and Pikachu to go pro with (I grew up using them in my Melee years). However, I'm very tempted to use Fox and Lucario as well, it's just that it'd to to much work handling 4 characters. Yoshi, well, has many bad match-ups, but I guess I can fight someone with him to see my progress with him as well.:)

As of now, I'm mastering Falco boost techs. and Pikachu's quick attack cancelling. I think I almost have them mastered, but not yet. (You know that you've mastered something when you can do it at will) If there's any players that live around the west of the east coast, I'll always be waiting for an acception (if that's a word...)

WAIT.

You live, in Michigan...

and you DIDN'T bother to look ALL around the forums like all MI players do (they are RIDICULOUSLY active on the boards)...

and instead asked to play WIFI?

wow good **** sir.

GOOOD ****.

Just for your information, Lansing is (according to Google Maps) 1 hr 6 minutes away from Ann Arbor, the most active Brawl city in MI. Your state has the best Pikachu in Melee and Brawl (Anther), a da mn good Dedede/ICs (lain), JudgeMeow (ranked #1 at one point on GB, was ranked on AIB at one point too iirc), Ankoku, the love of my life (just kidding, a guy who knows a lot of frame data and is generally awesome when it comes to contributing to discussions and being sensible), SCOTU (guy who wrote the 12091384039802938234 page long Fox User Manual and a pretty smart guy), and SamuraiPanda, famous SMYN celebrity.

Your state also happens to be quite competitive when it comes to Brawl; Ohio is the same way but you guys may be slightly stronger if only for the fact that you guys are all close to one another.

Yeah tl,dr don't ask to play WiFi if you can't find anyone, and ESPECIALLY if you haven't bothered to look around.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Wtf? I'm not flaming anybody LOL

I'm just being the way that most people should be towards not doing some very simple things. It's REALLY not that hard to look in the area called "Tournaments", and then the section called "Regional Zones", and then "Midwest".

Oh yeah, I'll edit those guys into my post. Ankoku's free to play only sometimes because of his friggin crazy azz workload, not sure bout SCOTU.

M@v

Subarashii!
I have no idea why, but this thread, reactions to it, your sig; it created this weird saying in my head.

"Where ever Flaming is present, master of the flamedash is sure to appear."

Can falco do a weaker, but still earth shattering, version of the flamedash?

clowsui

Smash Legend
NoJ is really busy though, he rarely posts any more and he hasn't attended an MI tournament in a long time iirc.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
WAIT.

You live, in Michigan...

and you DIDN'T bother to look ALL around the forums like all MI players do (they are RIDICULOUSLY active on the boards)...

and instead asked to play WIFI?

wow good **** sir.

GOOOD ****.

Just for your information, Lansing is (according to Google Maps) 1 hr 6 minutes away from Ann Arbor, the most active Brawl city in MI. Your state has the best Pikachu in Melee and Brawl (Anther), a da mn good Dedede/ICs (lain), JudgeMeow (ranked #1 at one point on GB, was ranked on AIB at one point too iirc), Ankoku, the love of my life (just kidding, a guy who knows a lot of frame data and is generally awesome when it comes to contributing to discussions and being sensible), SCOTU (guy who wrote the 12091384039802938234 page long Fox User Manual and a pretty smart guy), and SamuraiPanda, famous SMYN celebrity.

Your state also happens to be quite competitive when it comes to Brawl; Ohio is the same way but you guys may be slightly stronger if only for the fact that you guys are all close to one another.

Yeah tl,dr don't ask to play WiFi if you can't find anyone, and ESPECIALLY if you haven't bothered to look around.
Wow, then shame on me for not researching before announcing...again.XD I'll see if I can go to Ann Arbor soon and check out a tourney whenever I have the time...thank you, I guess.

Keyva

Smash Rookie
Try living in NC and looking for High Time Tourneys...The next one down here is in march I believe :/

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
hey i live in the east coast maybe we can fight. there shouldnt be any lag tho

Top Bottom