• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is considered the "Best Ganon"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinoneil

Smash Rookie
Just wondering. If not the best, who are some of the better ganon players? I'm feeling like watching some good ganon matches.

Until recently, it was Thomas Tipman. Though he quit.

There is always a huge debate over the best Ganon. Personally, I think it belongs to Joe Bushman. Other good Ganon's include Linguini, Chaddd, and of course the Originator of Ganondorf, Eddie.

nuc

Smash Cadet
1233 is mah fav, just because what he does off the stage.

Jujumasta

Smash Journeyman
Just a personal question-- who do you guys believe to have the best mindgames?

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
I don't know who the best ganon is, but magus420 is probably the fastest ganon... escpecially on dreamland because the platforms there go perfectly with ganons jump to wavelands...

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
tipman has the best mindgames I would say. He was really good at connecting with ganon's regular b move.

Magus has good mindgames too

I think linguini's style is just really smart, nothing too tricky.
he does a dash dance to small wavedashes and does this over and over and waits until he sees an opening and is very very QUICK to take advantage of it. It may just be the pinnacle of how a ganon should be played seeing as how it is so **** effective

Tipman doesn't play anymore, so you can't really say he has the best anything, anymore. He was the best at basically everything when he did play, however. XD

Although Eddie has strayed from Ganon, he still has a great Ganon. Good Mindgames, Good Tech, etc. His set vs Darkness of Heart at FC was too good.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
just be careful this doesn't get to heated or i'll have to close it, besides, i'm the best ganon, sheesh i thought everyone knew that.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Magus has amazing technical skill, Tipman has great mindgames, Linguini takes advantage of openings quite well. These are just my opinions.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Yeah, Bushman, linguini, tipman... Just go to gannon video thread.
GANNON-BANNED!!
Anyway, some of my favorite Ganondorfs include Chadd (I'm a big fan of stomping. ;), Linguini (He's kinda new to the scene, but play him, and you'll see why he's rising the ranks pretty quickly), certainly Eddie (Never got my ditto match... T_T), and of course, Thomas Tipman. While he is retired, he still had a big impression upon the Ganondorf community here. Triforce of Power, is one of the best tutorial vids out there. Magus420 is another favorite of mine. He knows how to move Ganondorf very well. Find his trailer for his combo vid called, "That Purple Stuff". Pretty **** good. Gimpy is another one of my favorites. He's no TT or Magus420, but he's got style.

Walltech to reverse Warlock punch recovery FTW.

I have yet to see much on Bushman, so I can't comment on him. But there's my two cents.

-EE-

Smash Cadet
I'd say right now its between Joe Bushman and Linguini, both of them play Ganon very well and I believe place well in their tornys, Bushman is certainly better in teams though then Linguini I say.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
it missed the target in the video... so it misses ending the thread too.

my favorite ganon is probably magus, because his just moves flawlessly and he gives out probably the most worthwhile advice on the boards.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
bushman, linguini, eddie are by far teh best

magus, chadd, dorf123, 1233 (don't know if they're the same person), me are probably the next

there are other good ganon's but none talk really

AtomICON

Smash Apprentice
my favorite ganon has always been 1233, while he may not be the most technically skilled, or even the most successful. Seeing as he was my inspiration for picking up Ganon, he'll always hold a place in my heart lol. And i think Magus would be a close second, that combo he did on that marth in the that purple stuff trailer. the dthrow>dsmash>stomp>wizards foot. When I saw that my jaw dropped. Also, seeing linguini tear it up against dope and m2k was just inspiring to say the least.

I just love all ganons. cause I just love ganon.

chaddd

Smash Lord
I would wreck Joe Bushman(yeah I said it).

Linguini is good, but I think you guys are getting ahead of yourselves over a single crew battle.

Best Ganon is hard to define, especially since it's so dependent on the user's ability to Ganon ditto. Besides, if we ever had a contest for it, I guess I'd just have to win it. But since this game is about to die, and I've never really cared anyway...who cares? I don't see any tournaments ever being an ALL GANON TOURNAMENT, so what does it matter? Just play the game, and play to win. Too many people over-analyze videos and matches. There's too many factors to base someone's style off of videos that probably ended up online way after the games were actually played.

EDIT: Don't anyone ever get their hopes up about anyone being better than Tipman. I've never traded with someone so ridiculously. He 3 stocked me after I 2 stocked him...and then I 2 stocked him again so he could 2 stock me back. WTF at this game.

And he never quit. He's an entity that will forever own all that think they're good with Ganon. Like me.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
GANNON-BANNED!!
Anyway, some of my favorite Ganondorfs include Chadd (I'm a big fan of stomping. ;), Linguini (He's kinda new to the scene, but play him, and you'll see why he's rising the ranks pretty quickly), certainly Eddie (Never got my ditto match... T_T), and of course, Thomas Tipman. While he is retired, he still had a big impression upon the Ganondorf community here. Triforce of Power, is one of the best tutorial vids out there. Magus420 is another favorite of mine. He knows how to move Ganondorf very well. Find his trailer for his combo vid called, "That Purple Stuff". Pretty **** good. Gimpy is another one of my favorites. He's no TT or Magus420, but he's got style.

Walltech to reverse Warlock punch recovery FTW.

I have yet to see much on Bushman, so I can't comment on him. But there's my two cents.
QFT! Ganon-banned, neva!!11!1! j00 Ganon BEAST!!!1!1

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Im pretty sure its not mr "I don't need chaingrabbing or tech chasing" and unless you can travel to NC, shut up.

You already tried giving renth advice and he told you to shove it and magus bashed you on your "Shield canceled dairs".

Don't make yourself look like more of an idiot.

but I'll humor you and record sometime soon then post the videos so you can see.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i never found a need for them, i've done fine without them

he called me ignorant and naive, i had to say something

i look at things differently than some people, the people i play have always use the term sheild cancelled whatever

please...just stop this, it's annoying and there's no need to continue

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I'm not the one that compared myself to people much better and put myself in the same niche nor did I mouth off saying my ganon was better than another.

I just wasn't feeling too positive towards you after you agrued with everyone over something thats clearly wrong and then put yourself in their group without any real backing.

Just annoyed me is all.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
he asked for the top ganons

i gave him the top ganons that are willing to talk
i did say there are other ganons out there that are good but none really talk

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Willing to talk? since when are you one of the best ganons?

Thats my major point.

Edit: THanks magus for pointing out that gimpy can close this over agruements....

Mood, just don't get conceited and say things that have nothing to back them and this won't happen. Like saying you are better than someone else without anything to go on.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
some good ganon's are Eddie and Magus, those 2 players showed me what ganondorf could do. I always thought ganondorf was just a big slow dude that getz ***** by fox, and well, i still believe that, but ganondorf's still ***** pretty hard when used like these 2 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom