• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who has the better dthrow?

viparagon

Smash Ace
d3 or falco

d3's works at any percentage, and can infinite
falco's does more damage per stage length, works on a larger percentage of the cast(including MK) leads to dair and usmash, but is escaped at higher percentages.

null55

Smash Master
Damage isn't an argument for Falco. You said it yourself, Dedede isn't limited to low damage levels in order to CG (plus it goes right into d-tilt, so at high percents it's lethal).

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
It a matter of either chain grab to edge and kill, or chain grab to uber high damage and kill.

Falco needs a condition, D3 doesn't.

However I found Falco's one MUCH easier to do AND I main him, so obv I prefer Falco's.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Falco IMO. Just slightly.

DDD's Down-throw is next to useless in a few matchups against lightweights such as MK, G&W, and Olimar. They all have the advantage on DDD too, so basically his Down-throw is something that can be countered.

Falco's Down-throw gets combos on pretty much any character. Except Jiggs really, but it doesn't matter much.

They are both excellent positional advantage throws near the edge.

ynnek123

Smash Ace

DDD's Down-throw is next to useless in a few matchups against lightweights such as MK, G&W, and Olimar. They all have the advantage on DDD too, so basically his Down-throw is something that can be countered.

Falco's Down-throw gets combos on pretty much any character. Except Jiggs really, but it doesn't matter much.

next to useless? LOL

cutter

Smash Champion

Just to let you know... while DDD's Dthrow doesn't chaingrab those characters, the throw becomes a techchase instead.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Falco's is easily mastered can lead to 0-Death Combo(Yes I'm using combo, since its sorta inescapable CG -> Dair/Gatling) DDD's is a bit harder, but its plus that you can CG at any percentage

I'd say they are both equal, other than that, DDD's is slightly better

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
d3. If you think about how much it would affect their game if they didnt have dthrow, D3 would be in low tier. His CG helps with his bad matchups (if it works on them)

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
Falco's dthrow->Boost Smash (not gatling) is a great killer combo. But DeDeDe can do his even when the opponent is at 999%.

Top Bottom