• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do DK mains secondary?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
grab>CC

that's what he's supposed to do at low%

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
raeford or chapel hill depends on the time of year
main DK, second. . . . I'm still working on that.

It used to be mario, but I find that I can only consistently beat GOOD spacies with my peach, samus, or link. Link is easiest because I rotate my projectiles in a weird way. Peach is highest tier that I can play consistent in competitive play. Anything higher and my fingers start doing weird stuff.

For now, mario

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
can anyone tell me what's wrong with this sentance?
picking up roy

the cool DK players have awesome DK's but never use them. It's kinda like how cool guys are the best at karaoke but refrain from participating in it.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
mains falcon/marth
secondaries dk/mario/doc
thirdaaries ganon/roy/samus/YL/Link/Samus/Sheik

nuff said haha probably wont use anything but my mains in tournament though DK and mario are both pretty close id say

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Guys, I think I found out the perfect secondaries for DK!!! Puff and ICs are great secondaries.

-You can take on Falco players with either.
-You can take on Sheik players with either.
-You can take on CFalcon players with Puff.
-You can beat Marth/Peach players who are bad vs Puff (which is like everyone these days haha)
-VS Fox, you can hope they're bad vs Puff/ICs OR take them to FD/PS with DK and hope for the best :D

:D :D :D :D

On the down side... you still get trouble vs Ganon and Link/YLink.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Guys, I think I found out the perfect secondaries for DK!!! Puff and ICs are great secondaries.

-You can take on Falco players with either.
-You can take on Sheik players with either.
-You can take on CFalcon players with Puff.
-You can beat Marth/Peach players who are bad vs Puff (which is like everyone these days haha)
-VS Fox, you can hope they're bad vs Puff/ICs OR take them to FD/PS with DK and hope for the best :D

:D :D :D :D

On the down side... you still get trouble vs Ganon and Link/YLink.
I'd take my chances with DK against most of those characters...against falco and sheik i can understand though..lol. Who does well against falco and sheik? well...besides fox/marth...lol. Maybe another sheik/falco? lol

And I'm one of those people that sucks so bad with other characters, that i skip having secondaries and i go straight to my third string. lol. That would probably either be samus or sheik...I've used sheik like once or twice in tourney (once was just to counterpick another sheik...) and I use samus in teams half the time.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Well, apparently Sheik players say ICs and Puff > Sheik.

Then again, you can try Samus vs Falco heh

I have a really techy Falco. Only problem is that I have 0 mindgames... I feel like everything I do is safe no matter what. DK forces me to think lol. I only whip it out against people who suck vs techy Falcos lol.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Well, apparently Sheik players say ICs and Puff > Sheik.

Then again, you can try Samus vs Falco heh

I have a really techy Falco. Only problem is that I have 0 mindgames... I feel like everything I do is safe no matter what. DK forces me to think lol. I only whip it out against people who suck vs techy Falcos lol.
I suck vs techy falcos =( lol. But i only need you to mess up once per life. lol

cjugs

Smash Ace
marth no because you still have a bad match-up toward sheik.
Are you asking who should you secondary like to cover you DK? or are you asking i main DK so who is alike who won't take me time to learn? if so id say a space animal. if you want something easy go with Ganon.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the problem with using a top tier character as a secondary to DK is that after a while you'll be like "god... i have to work like 8 times as hard to win with DK as with my secondary, even though I am so much better with DK............ hey, i know, I'll make my secondary my main!"

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I see it like this.

Those few matchups you can't win with DK, could be useful to have a secondary.

Can't win any matchups with DK? Don't main DK or get better.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
I see it like this.

Those few matchups you can't win with DK, could be useful to have a secondary.

Can't win any matchups with DK? Don't main DK or get better.
lol. I don't use a secondary for the most part at all, even in my bad matchups...but that might also be why i haven't had good tournament results in a long time. lol. The game has just advanced, and DK is having trouble keeping up

Animal

Smash Lord
back when no1 knew nothing pretty much haha all Ganon players secondary DK i feel like. ik rockrock and tipman do

cjugs

Smash Ace
lol. I don't use a secondary for the most part at all, even in my bad matchups...but that might also be why i haven't had good tournament results in a long time. lol. The game has just advanced, and DK is having trouble keeping up
You will just have to prove your love for DK. Ok i understand about switching the mains but the people who win tournys still use some low tiers like mango uses link sometimes when he plays people he isn't worried about losing to m2k used roy a bit and falcon. A word of advice i main link and i do decent against falco falcon peach link can't get around fox or sheik so taking up space animals to beat her and fox was the best thing i ever did, idk about you guys but losing to a fox who can smack his face on down b and beat me makes me wanna puke and losing to a sheik who chain throws and dash attacks and 4stocks me makes me wanna quit melee its a horrible feeling when you lose to someone who you think you are better than but they have a better character so they win.

Top Bottom