• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who ditched their own main/took up MK so they won more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

POONR

Smash Cadet
Meta Knight!

Just started Meta Knight last night, not only because of his ability to win (my best characters are in the low tier) but because he is so **** cool. I think the character of Meta Knight is a BAMF. So Im starting to play him mostly for fun, and possibly for competitive play. Havent really decided

BBQTV

Smash Master
i picked metaknight because i liked him from the games. and know kirby is my main and metaknight is a secondary along with lucario

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
mk was my first main. i did well with him, but i was only using my friends wii, and on vacation. so than i mained ike blah blah blah. but anyway i might second or main mk after falco unless i find a good reason to main fox. but anyway i dont want to ditch falco for mk, but thats what thay all say...

Rushisu

Smash Rookie
I normally main marth but even after a few months i still lose to stupid people. Also the only good char i have is ZSS and Link but at tournys with those 2 you never can get far, maybe in to the brackets but thats it. That the reason i play mk now, it punish off players who yell *METOUR SMASH OHHH* (some random snake player) and when i pick mk *Fled back homo crying xD*

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I normally main marth but even after a few months i still lose to stupid people. Also the only good char i have is ZSS and Link but at tournys with those 2 you never can get far, maybe in to the brackets but thats it. That the reason i play mk now, it punish off players who yell *METOUR SMASH OHHH* (some random snake player) and when i pick mk *Fled back homo crying xD*
Maybe you should have just worked on getting better :I

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
=d i'm starting to pick up mk... I still have snake on the side but once my mk has transcended my snake i won't use snake again. but for now "lots of mk, then side line snake".

Kaffei

Smash Hero
=d i'm starting to pick up mk... I still have snake on the side but once my mk has transcended my snake i won't use snake again. but for now "lots of mk, then side line snake".
lolololololol

Renegade TX2000 said:
So I ask this now, are you mk mains really that ignorant and only care about how much $$ you make, I think you could careless about what's best for the community i think it's more towards how much $$ you can get off mk. You think your good but really mk is just masking on how good and skilled you really are. of course mk takes skill but you don't need to put in as much skill as snake.

not to be rude, but probably 97% of the mk mains on this board couldn't even take my ike out with any other character besides mk...

NaveAdair

Smash Rookie
I just took up MK after maining Snake since launch. He's so aggro, really fun to play.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
This is a really stupid topic because just about anyone who is good at this game or any competitive game has dropped one character for another at some point. This is called competitive gaming-- it seems that yet again, in another drama-filled episode of "As the Smashboards Turn", we have forgotten about the competitive part of competitive gaming.

But uh, hurt durt durt, let's complain about MK and act as if such issues only apply to him.

I switched to win more. But I also switched mains in melee from Samus to Falco to win more. And in Street fighter. And in runescape. And in diablo 2.
What would the world look like if M2K never played Brawl? Or better yet, if he started out as a Snake main.

I bet we would all be yelling "Ban SNAKE!!!"
no we wouldn't. this post is bad and you should feel bad.

Derp derp derp derp derp, etecoon. Derp some more, derp derp derp.

Zoze you are so right, lol. I <3 you.

anyone who switchs there main to meta knight from other charachters to win is just a sleazy cheapo sell out like vanilla ice was, if ya started out with MK your just plain cheap lol. MK is so rediculously cheap. there is no meta game in brawl just a Meta Knight.

lol, this is epic win. I love Hook.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
@ MMM: I thought the image was appropriate for that post. xD

I bought Hook on vhs for 50 cents from half-priced books, watched it, and it was very much worth more than 50 cents.

Latias

Smash Journeyman
right after I won FAST1 with mostly DDD. I also beat Seibriks MK 3 times, Snake 2 times, and DDD in the ditto between Winners Finals and Grand Finals at another FL tourney the week after FAST1. (3 stock in the ddd ditto). I switched because I got BORED of DDD.
In your interview, you said you like mk because hes original and other characters are spammy and chaingrabbing when mk is a chaingrabber -.-

Player-4

See you in 25 years
In your interview, you said you like mk because hes original and other characters are spammy and chaingrabbing when mk is a chaingrabber -.-
MK does not have chaingrab. If you're talking about his psuedo d-throw CG then lol. That's always your opponents fault because you read their DI not because it's a guaranteed CG.

Latias

Smash Journeyman
MK does not have chaingrab. If you're talking about his psuedo d-throw CG then lol. That's always your opponents fault because you read their DI not because it's a guaranteed CG.
It still counts :)

Kaffei

Smash Hero
It still counts :)
Okay, so if I'm Toon Link and then I bthrow you and then grab you again, that's called a pseudo chain grab. Same thing for Meta Knight. He doesn't have any guaranteed grabs like Falco or DDD.

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
I did main him because he was my favorite Kirby character and was easy to maneuver.
However I got bored of not requiring any extra tech. So I dropped him and went for Peach.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i started with mk at the beginning of the game. i wanted a char with a sword. Preferably a new char. so it was either pit or mk. my friend took pit before me and i didnt want to always do dittos with him. So i picked mk.... two years later im lulzing while he still sucks.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Not me.
But I should. But I don't because I'm a scrub. Also, my R.O.B. wrecks MKs.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
i used to play marth and mario but now i play meta and snake, yes so i could win more duh! who wants to lose their money time after time! ( i should make a thread called "who quit their old main and picked up meta cause they were tired of donating money every tourny")

Clel

Smash Journeyman
I use Marth and Jiggs to destroy CPUs, but when I went to smashfests them characters just weren't cutting it. So I picked Metaknight and won CASH! It was FAST and EASY!!!

BBQTV

Smash Master
i went to a tournament yesterday, and i was using kirby but some (not all) matchs i had to use mk. got second place

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Well I came to the meta-boards today because I tried using meta knight seriously for the first time. I gotta admit I loooove his aggressive play style, but im not gonna be lame and main him....

but I might secondary main him. >3>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom