• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are your mains so far... how do you feel about the characters?

ConeZone

Smash Ace
my mains are dedede, snake, and surprisingly lucas. lucas is crazy good, i didn't expect him to be as good, mainly as powerful as he is

thegreatace

Smash Cadet
PERSONALLY

I found Olimar to be sweet! hes like my long lost love. the link that I never had, and i'm so happy.
i thoght pit would be my main, but my roommate took him away so i'll just stick with Olimar anyway I own with him most the time! (except on tilted levels) ^^

keep smashing friends!!!

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
1ST marth. i did not plane on maining him again still looking for another character.
2nd fox. i wanted to play as him bit i did not think he would of end up being my second main. (AGAIN)
3rd pikachu. since pikachu has gotten MUCH better so why not
3rd tied with pikachu lol if i can do that. he is just fun to use

JNS

Smash Cadet
my two mains in melee (ice climbers ,peach)got the nerf stick so i started using pikachu and poke trainer

pikachu's down b make's melee peach down b look like crap. soooo overpwered

Irmy

Smash Rookie
Marth is rediculously better than every other character. I would say other good characters are lucario, sonic if you can figure out how to finish them, falco is ok if you can get a good replacement for his oversmash. Fox is decent, peach is good. as for the new characters its pretty much diddy, pit, sonic, Ike. The horrible characters that aren't worth your time unlocking are Olimar, ROB, captin falcon is pretty bad too.

The characters are waaaaay more balanced in Brawl compared to Melee. They toned down the good characters and made the bad ones better. The exception is Marth who is exactly the same minus his slightly (or not so slightly...) shorter sword. He still has the tip of death, he still has fast air moves, and still can guard the edge better than any character.

Mains: Diddy, Luigi, Falco. And of course Marth just because its Marth...

iluvwobbuffet

Smash Cadet
I unlocked the rest of 'em today, and gave them all another whirl, then thought again about who I like versus who I could actually play with.
After some thinking, I decided that my top mains are definatly Link, Snake, Wolf, and Bowser.

Lmao. My mains are not much different from what I thought they would be, and that makes me glad.

Lucario, Pikachu, and Pokemon Trainer are very fun to play with though too.

=^_^=

Pilsn

Smash Rookie
Lucas as number one. He is a beast.

Surprisingly I have found that dedede is pretty amazing too.

Olaf

Smash Cadet
R.O.B. is my main. all the way. has been since i unlocked him on friday (got the game thursday).
then i play ZSS, wario...and then i dabble in ganon again.
none of the other characters hold the appeal for me the way rob does.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
My main right now is obviously pikachu. His buffs are absoulutely incredible so far, and his smashes are pure GAR. So I'm still sticking with pika.

However, I've also been playing a lot with ganon as well. Personally, while I'm not as good with ganon as I am with pika, I feel the most comfortable with him, and he fits my playstyle to a T. Ganon is an obvious secondary for me.

Still, I'll mostly use pikachu online.

All Eyez On E

Smash Cadet
I play Olimar in hopes to make him my main. I just unlocked Toon Link, but only played 4 or 5 Brawls so I don't know if I'll play him extensively just yet. I also play as Snake and Sonic occasionally for their diverse fighting styles (respectively), they're fun characters and great additions to the SSB universe; and I'm glad they didn't go overboard with the 3rd Parties.

Pikachu and (Dr.) Mario were my mains in Melee, and still haven't touched them in Brawl yet.

Ichida

Smash Ace
Pit - Not quite as good as I expected. None of his B moves have that much KO potential. Don't get me wrong, it's fun to jump around Quincy-ing everybody with arrows, but while Angel Ring is a great move, it's hard to be accurate with and has a lot of end lag. Enemies get free shots behind me while I'm watiing for Pit to stop. I'm used to Up+B moves being upward attacks, so often I'll accidentally trigger Wings of Icarus. :p

Bowser - His new Side B makes him Brawl's own Rock Lee, only huge and slower. XD

Snake - His B moves are slow and leave him vulnerable. As I expected.

Zelda/Sheik - I find myself doing better with Zelda than Sheik, but both of them are still troublesome to win with.

Mario - FLUDD has pretty much destroyed Mario for me.

Pokemon Trainer - As I expected, Zenigame's Up Smash is deadly, XD. Haven't given Fushigisou or Lizardon enough of a test yet.

Meta Knight - Getting the hang of his Up+B continues to be a chore. Other than that, he feels great to fight with. His neutral B and side B are fun and spammable moves. XD

Marth - Undeniable evidence of how much easier Brawl is. His side B combos are much faster and easier to chain.

Sonic - Homing Attack demands I spam it. Spring Jump has saved me soooooo many **** times where other characters would have no jumps left. A possible main.

Kirby - His new dash A is way more controlled. That's about it.

Link - Up A is evidence enough of Link's nerf.

Lucas - Just as fail and situational as Ness. I will never ever master PK Thunder. >.<

Dedede - er... Let's just say I'm glad they didn't use the 4Kids voice for him. :p

Olimar - Incredibly situational. Pikmin Order seems to cause some knockback to nearby enemies, if I'm not mistaken. I still need to find out why he's so popular. Anyone know?

Lucario - charging Aura Sphere is just as much as a pain as Shadow Ball. The fully charged one doesn't even do that much more damage, so I'm not quite sure it's worth the risk.

That's all for now; I still have a bunch of characters to unlock. **** trifling SSE...

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
I know there are a few ROB fans out there, but I'm surprised there aren't more. In normal brawls I've been "maining" Random, but I've used ROB so much in SSE and other 1 player modes that I'm much better with him than anyone else. When I finally do get him randomly, I kick *** with him! Seriously, every single move he has is good, except maybe for his Down B.

Forward Smash - Good.
Down Smash - Great.
Up Smash - Awesome!
Forward Aerial - Great rapid combo: he can just chase people right off the screen with this and then float back like nothing happened!
Back Aerial - Strong, and a good fake-out
Up Aerial - High priority, good for racking up damage
Down Aerial - Strong, inertia cancelling, and a spike that he can easily pull off and recover from... HOLY CRAP
Normal Aerial - Strong, fast, and hits a HUGE radius with high priority
Up B - AMAZING recovery
Down B - ... Well, everyone has to have ONE move that sucks, but I guess you could use this...
Side B - He even has a frickin' reflect, which is even more important now that there's no shield reflecting
Normal B - Really fast projectile that throws people off when you use it

Sadly, I haven't really used his grabs very much yet since I'm so busy killing people with his other moves. I usually default to his down throw, which seems alright, and his grab range and speed are both very good.

As far as I'm concerned, ROB is the new Peach! :p And Peach is the new Bowser. Seriously, anyone who thinks Peach is better really didn't know how to use her in Melee. Between her down smash nerf, turnip nerf, and second jump nerf, she's just not usable any more. I'll try to use her at some point, once I've unlearned how to use her from Melee, but for now at least, she's the second worst character (after Donkey Kong, once again).

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
As I said earlier, LUCAS all the way. I seriously wrote him off as a ness clone and I HATE NESS!!!! But Lucas is my insta-main! I also like Olimar, Diddy Kong, Ivysaur, Falco (my melee main, transition SMOOTHLY and SEXLY, seriously, it's like, Falco gained a few pounds of muscle, he's got a better weight and stronger attacks)
and finally Lucario is good.

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
CAPTON FALCON! CF is my designated "Low Tier" main, and I rep Kirby, Ike, and some ZSS

ZiggyStardust

Smash Rookie
For me, it's all about Snake. I just love his B moves and for me he's just fun. Also I think I'll main Diddy if Snake ever gets boring.

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
I was planning on maining Ganondorf and Mr. Game & Watch again, but I'm just going to continue with G&W. Ganondorf has changed to much, and he fells even slower, wich makes no sense at all, it's like playing as an extremely obese Capt. Falcon who's to lazy to uppercut so he just grabs people. On that note, I think I'll main Capt. Falcon as well. Another character that I didn't care much for in Melee that I'm warming up to is Sheik. I used Samus on occasion in Melee, and she feels even better. As far a newcomers go, I'm considering Wario, Zamus, Snake, Sonic, R.O.B, and Metaknight. A list of very different characters, they just fell right to me. Side from that... A. The Sonic games are my favorite. and... B.Snake's so cool it's like Capt. Falcon, Chuck Norris, and Metaknight walked into a cloning machine. It seems like a lot of characters, but it will eventually become a smaller list of maybe 3 or 4 characters.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I havn't had time to play too much, but the character's I've used most so far (through Random no less...) are Ike, Ness and Samus/ZSS.

I love 'em all. :D

kr3wman

Smash Master
Link is so satisfying. Seeing him actually using the triforce in his hands for an attack is a big +, and his hookshot (clawshot...whatever) is really great for spacing now. The boomerang is useful if you use it for edgeguarding, and his Upb sweetspotting the edge is a life-saver.

I really like Ike too...but I didnt play alot of him yet. Focusing on getting some Link experience.

EDIT : And Samus\ZSamus as well. Theyre just fun to play.

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
I almost exclusively play Wario. Whenever I try to use another character I say one of these things about them:

"They're not heavy enough!"
"They don't have enough DI!"
"Their attacks are too slow!"
"They must recover but can't!"

Yeah.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Sig.

Basically, it comes down to fastfalling. These characters (at least the top 3) seem to be manueverable in the air, which is pretty rare in brawl.

vx13

Smash Rookie
My main in melee was Roy but since he's out of the picture, I'm using Marth.
I planned on Ike to replace Roy but Marth has more of that "Roy feel" to him.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Well, I finally unlocked all of the characters, and, oddly enough, I found that King Dedede and Metaknight are really not my style. However, I've found that Sonic (who is the last character I'd seen myself playing as) feels like the best fit for me.

So, it looks like I'm going to be a Bowser (who is still awesome) / Sonic player.

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
My favorite right now is Toon Link. He's very enjoyable with the way I play with him. He feels like a Jigglypuff and Young Link from Melee combined together. If I had to say a main with only a couple days of playing, it's him. However, I also enjoy playing as ROB, Ike, and Snake. They are all enjoyable, but I wish I was a little better with ROB and Snake, especially Snake.

ZAxel

Smash Cadet
i still have to narrow it down a lot. right now, the main contenders are fox, falco, pit, and marth. with a little work, bowser, lucario, r.o.b., toon link, or ice climbers might work too. i haven't gotten a chance to try wolf or jiggs. i'm surprised at how good i was with bowser the first few times i used him, so i'll say he's my main for now

Top Bottom