• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are you thinking of maining?

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
There's way too many characters, how can you pick ONE???

Out of the newcomers, the ones I'm most interested in are as follows:
:ultinkling::ultkrool:

They happen to be an invertebrate and a reptile, my two favorite types of animals. Go figure.

Then there's returning characters that didn't make it into Smash 4:
:ivysaur::ultwolf:

Ivysaur was always a big favorite of mine, being the only Poison-type on the roster. Naturally, Poison is my favorite of the 18 types, as it is the best type.
Wolf was another character that was always fun to play as. You can whack people with his gun before he fires, that's funny. Besides, we really do need a guy who prohibits Fox from doing that!

And then there's my favorites from Smash 4:
:ultkingdedede::ultlucas::ultzelda:

Dedede is a really funny guy and his playstyle just feels intuitive to me. Wish he was better tho.
Lucas is the protagonist of my favorite game of all time and I like his moveset more than Ness'. I love that the heroic and cool Rope Snake is incorporated into his moveset.
Zelda is a character that always feels rather clunky, but there's something I really like about her moves. Maybe it's simply because a princess doing a flying kick is really funny. With how she's changed in Ultimate, I've got high hopes she'll be a lot more fun to play as!

And then there's also Miis:
:ultmiifighters:

I love these guys. Gunner is by far my favorite, their playstyle is really fun.
I hope they get some costumes again, I really liked the Proto Man costume in 4, since you could make a really convincing Proto Man that way.

And then there's a number of characters I'd probably not really dedicate to, but play on occasion, simply because they seem fun:
:ultbowser::ultcorrin::ultganondorf::ultjigglypuff::ultness::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultsimon::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultvillager:

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
mans.png

Updated with a pretty chart like most of you have.

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Ike, actually. I've always thought he was satisfying and now that heavy characters are faster, he might be super fun. Also, I really enjoy Samus, so Dark Samus will be interesting to try. Inkling rn is who looks the most intriguing, but I'm very wishy-washy

OmnioxX

Smash Rookie
Probably will end up maining them: :ultsonic::ultrichter::ultpikachu::ultmarth::ultmewtwo:
Loved them in SSB4 but nerfs might change things: :ultmetaknight::ultkirby:
Definitely will try out: :ultbowser::ultkingdedede::ultshulk:

Last edited:

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I always found Wolf fun to play as in Brawl, so I wanna give him a shot in Ultimate. I am also interested in trying out Richter. If I don't like how they play in Ultimate, then I might just default to Marth or Cloud.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I’m definitely maining Ridley. I’ve wanted to play as him ever since I saw the Melee opening nearly two decades ago.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I've always mained Ness and Jigglypuff, and I also find myself playing as Lucario often. I used Snake a lot back in Brawl, so I'll be trying him out again. And I expect to be playing as King K. Rool a lot.

D

Deleted member

Ever since my early days of playing Melee, :peachmelee: has been my main character and I have stuck with her throughout this series. I do look forward to playing the newcomers for Ultimate, but my main would certainly be :ultdaisy:. Of course, I will still be maining :ultpeach::ultbayonetta::ultrosalina: as well.

Sayonara :kirby:

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Assuming none of my most wanted characters are announced at this point:

Mains: :ultinkling::ultmarth::ultmewtwo:
Secondaries: :ultshulk::ultdarksamus:
Will use a lot in friendlies: :ultsnake::ultpichu:

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Will be picking the most probably: :ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultdoc::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultganondorf::ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultchrom::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter:

Will be playing sometimes: :ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultsheik::ultyounglink::ultmetaknight::ultsnake::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucas::ultrob::ultwolf::ultbowserjr::ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrin:

Will play rarely: :ultdk::ultlink::ultdarksamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultzelda::ultpichu::ultgnw::ultzss::ultwario::ultike::ultlucario::ulttoonlink:

Will hardly ever be playing: :ultsamus::ulticeclimbers::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultdiddy::ultkingdedede::ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultgreninja::ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultshulk: (most of Smash 4's newcomers I know)

Won't be playing unless I have to (personal character hate list for various reasons, basically): :ultfalco::ultolimar::ultsonic::ultmiifighters::ultrobin:ultduckhunt::ultbayonetta:

Standlord

Smash Cadet
roster.png

Yeah I'm the guy who mains 15+ characters.

Last edited:

IronTed

Smash Ace
Mains List.png

Personally, I don't really hate any characters, and will end up playing all of them at some point, and because of this I always have a large pool of mains. This game will definitely have more mains than Brawl or 4 for me though. Of course my opinion may change over time, but I'm feeling pretty confident about my choices.

Primary: My main mains. Ridley, Dark Samus, and K. Rool look great, and I've mained the others between Brawl and 4. Wolf and the Dorf are looking really fun as well. Hyped to play as them.

Secondary: Again self-explanatory, these are characters that I'll play frequently, but not as seriously. Excited to play as them.

Tertiary: Characters that I'll play for fun, but not especially seriously. Looking forward to playing as them.

Quaternary: I feel mostly apathetic to them, so I have little to say overall. Unenthused to play as them.

Quinary: I don't view them negatively, but I certainly feel less compelled to play them. Feeling pretty meh towards playing as them.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
A lot of my former mains look high tier enough to be viable again.
The end lag fixes and nerfs of higher tiers really help balance out the roster. Now matchups that I usually do poor in can be better for me
Thinking of maining::ultbowser::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultdk::ultinkling::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultkirby::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultlucina::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultness::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultpikachu::ultrobin:ultrosalina::ultroy::ultdarksamus::ultsimon::ultsnake::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultzelda::ultzss:

Matoi

Smash Apprentice
Sticking with my Mains :ultpalutena::ultzelda:and:ultwiifittrainer::ultsamus:

But ill be trying to also main :ultinkling::ultcorrin::ultyounglink::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultkrool::ultdaisy::ultdarksamus:

Last edited:

hposter

Smash Apprentice
the whole "this character i don't play is bad and you should feel bad for playing them" thing going on with these tier lists is dumb imo so i put my own spin on it
i started slapping in characters randomly at the end there

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Guarantees carrying over from Smash 4
:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultryu:

Potential Fourth
:ultcloud::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultlink::ultrobin:ultshulk::ulttoonlink::ultyoshi::ultyounglink::ultzss:

Potential Interest
:ultinkling::ultsimon::ultrichter:

This sounds about right.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Gotta go with the one I promised to main if he got in. The one and only :ultkrool:. But Im secretly hoping Squad Strike becomes the norm so I can add some of my old main :ultkingdedede: and one of these :ultdaisy::ultzelda::ultsonic:.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Mains: :ultwario::ultdoc::ultyounglink:
Secondaries: :ultmario::ultluigi:
Other characters I use for fun: :ultganondorf::ultcorrin::ultcloud::ultike::ultrichter:

If Isabelle gets officially confirmed then I will add her to my mains.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
My current stance on the fighters revealed so far...

Been pretty loyal to Link throughout the years since 64, I do have my concerns with some of his changes but I think I'll adapt just fine. Cloud's nerfs don't bother me as much and ZSS doesn't seem to have any significant changes to her moveset that we can tell from what little footage we have. Very excited for our new Metroid villains as well the changes to Zelda and Ganondorf.

I have enough experience with both Ike and Roy so Chrom will likely fit well within my rotation. Lucina's already been a decently solid character to play with as well.
1536063744.png

Last edited:

MacPingas

Smash Rookie
Main: :ultkrool:
Second: :ultwolf:
Honorable mentions: :ultlink::ultganondorf::ultridley::ultwario:

Pretty curious... I'm not even a big fan of Star Fox series, but Wolf used to be my main in Brawl. I loved everything about his look and his moveset.

Of course I'll play as all the characters. Although I believe K. Rool will be my main, maybe some puppet could change my mind... If not, well, I cannot complain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom