• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are you planning to main?

D

Deleted member

:4shulk:,:4greninja:,:wario:,:gw:,:ness2:,
(Specifically for non-serious matches)

I might end up using :4pacman: too, with the people who played the demo saying he's sort of similar to G&W.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Okay, you all main Robin and Lucina and I'll be kicking your ass as this guy: :4bowser:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I liked :4pit: a lot in Brawl, so I'll play him as well as Dark :4pit:. I also really like :4palutena:, so I'l probably learn her. (KI:U fan)
I also mained :4link: and Ike with sub mains of :4zelda:and:4lucario:, so I'll carry those over. I love the look of :4robinm::4robinf: and :4shulk:, so I'll main them as well. So for me it'll be

:4pit:
Dark:4pit:
:4zelda:
:4palutena:
:4link:
:4myfriends:
:4lucario:
:4robinm::4robinf:
:4shulk:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
My mains will always be Kirby and Ness since Smash 64.

However, I'm adding: :4palutena: as my main for Smash 4.

My secondaries: :4robinf::4pit::4pacman::4shulk::4lucina::4mii::4yoshi::4bowser:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Of the confirmed characters it'll most likely be: :4lucina:, :4robinm::4robinf:, :4myfriends:, :4palutena:, :4bowser:,:4shulk: and :4greninja:.
The rest depend on who else is going to be a newcomer aside from the lot that got leaked.

M&Mavocado

Smash Cadet
Not sure of course, since not all the characters have been revealed, BUT most likely either :4dedede:, :4pacman:, :4greninja:, :4villager:, :rob:, :warioc:, or Bowser Jr. Oh the possibilities...

Jallis370

Smash Cadet
Ranged: :4megaman:
Sword: :4lucina:
Close combat: I've set my mind on :wolf:, so I really hope he's in the game. If he's not I'll be really sad and indecisive. Probably :4luigi:

Last edited:

EndlessSmash

Smash Cadet
The amount of votes for the good Captain and the King of Evil doesn't bring this thread justice; the ratio is 4/3 with more than half saying it's more or less a side character.

... Then again, the two may end up as sides for me as well if they can't decently match their Project M brethren, although I love using both even in Melee and regular Brawl (the transition from Gerudo Dragon to Flame Choke made Ganon even more fun to screw people with even if it does to me more so than them). Hopefully the customizable moves would make Falcondorf "less Falcon".

Back to the topic: Robin, Lucina (because I'm such a hardcore fan of the two [I even paired them up in FE:A]), and Little Mac would be my main focus.

Wii Fit Trainer looks fun as well; the standard AAA combo plants people into the ground and definitely would cause some outrage amongst my friends.

Last edited:

Animedan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Animedanwastaken
Who I want to main: :4robinm:, :4lucina:,:4palutena:,:4shulk:, and:4greninja: :substitute:
Who I actually will main? I don't know. Time will tell.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I have to main Duck Hunt if he's in. I just have to.

I'll also dabble with :4robinm:, :4fox:, :4pit:, :gw:, :falco:, :4shulk:, :4olimar:, :4zss:, :4villager:, :4greninja:, and pretty much everyone else.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Ahem....
:4luigi:, :4falcon:, :4palutena:, :4lucina:, :4robinm:/:4robinf:, :4littlemac:, :warioc:, and :4mii:(specifically my Woody mii).

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
:4myfriends::4shulk::4robinm::4greninja::4wiifit: with priority being given in that order

Ike is the hero of my all-time favorite game, and he was my Brawl main, so he's definitely going to be at the top of my most-played character list.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
You do realize Wario's been soft-confirmed since the Smash Bros. Direct, right? It's only a matter of time.

Also, I'll be picking up my two mains, :4marth: & :4pit:. But :4villager:,:4robinm:, & :rosalina: are definitely on my radar.

tommykittycat

Smash Rookie
NNID
tommykittycat
3DS FC
3823-8531-0161
Probably Robin. I also want to try out Villager, Shulk, Little Mac, and Greninja.

gamer8

Smash Lord
:4yoshi::4luigi::4zss::4falcon::mewtwopm:and Duck Hunt Dog are on the top of my list. I'll need to see who I enjoy the most later but those are my favorites. And yes Mewtwo will be in, I'm betting my life on it.

Leaning more towards maining Yoshi right now.

Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Sheik for sure, seems like a safe bet.

Shulk and robin for newcomers

Marth and falco if they end up good

marvel b

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2423-3428-7359
my mains have usually been either speedy,or extremely heavy hitters. out of the confirmed ones,i'd say greninja, little mac, bowser and megaman with mewtwo?,and ganondorf,for uncomfirmed.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
:4falcon::4luigi: as usual. I'll probably mix in some :4olimar: too if he plays like he did in Brawl. Really enjoyed his moveset.

Plus, I'll probably pick up :4megaman:

I'm a little scared that ole Rock Man might be too campy for my tastes (but of course it's way too early to know), but I've still got the Falcon and Luigi, so it's all good.

Plus, who knows? Depending on how different characters feel, I may be rocking an entirely new main in 4. I don't see Falcon getting dethroned, but you never know.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
This is the first game in the series where one character caught my eye before launch. N64 was Kirby. Melee was Ice Climbers. And Brawl was Pit. This one though? Not too sure.

Oatkeeper

Smash Cadet
NNID
MForward56
3DS FC
3523-2118-1902
Can't be too sure of who I'll main until the game comes out and I get a chance to play as everyone, but in terms of who I'm most interested in I'd say Shulk and Wii Fit Trainer

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'm going to practice this guy: :4megaman: because he seems to be a very fun zoner. I think his Metal Blades have a lot of potential, especially if you can drop them in mid-air.

Palutena in her default state looks to extremely frustrate newbies with both a reflector AND a counter.

:4mario::4luigi: And I'll use the bros like I do in all the games.

I WILL use everyone though. That's what makes Smash so fun for me: any character can be used well
without necessarily having to put in obscene practice (Melee meta notwithstanding).

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
As far as mains go and in accordance to how I develop, the characters I use with main status often cap at 4 or 5 and usually includes secondaries.

Mains (most of my practicing time will go to these guys): :4pacman: :rob:

Secondaries (I'll spend a considerable amount of time learning their metagames and using them as reserve characters for certain matchups or potential tier restrictions): :4mario: :drmario: :4kirby:

Tertiaries (mostly for fun): :4charizard::4bowser::4falcon::falco: + Bowser Jr. & the Koopalings (specifically Ludwig)

Last edited:

GrownCannoli

Smash Apprentice
I am going to try out the Pokémon and Donkey Kong Country characters. Whoever I find the most fun I will main.
Unless Mewtwo is back then I will main him regardless.

Ascended

Smash Ace
My mains are Mario, Link, and Fox, and then I have a large entourage of characters that I rotate through. I'm thinking this time, I'll be playing as the following:

Returning Playables: :4peach::4bowser::4zelda::4samus::4zss::4kirby::4dedede::4pikachu::4lucario::4falcon::ness2::4marth::4myfriends::4pit::4olimar::4sonic:
Going to pick up: :4littlemac::4lucina::4megaman::4palutena::4pacman::4robinm::rosalina::4shulk::4wiifit: (Duck Hunt Dog if he's in.)

For sure, I'll be adding Little Mac, Lucina, and Mega Man as mains.

Top Bottom