• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are you planning to main?

Pittoo

Smash Rookie
I'll be giving everyone a shot at least once, but I have a hunch I'll wind up maining :4pit:.

Other mains could be :4sonic:,:4littlemac: and/or :4pacman:.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
My signature speaks for itself. ;)

I'll have to see how Dark Pit plays before I main him, if he's just a straight up clone, probably will.

Last edited:

Tshockz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
speed0fsound
3DS FC
1762-3005-1769
:rosalina::4robinm: I am maining for sure.
:4shulk::4palutena:Depending on how they play and if I end up liking them.

Last edited:

AlienPK

Smash Rookie
Little Mac for the playstyle, but if someone's very aeriel, probably switch to Marth/Lucina.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Shulk, Mario and Olimar :D

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice
I think only 1/4 (if that) of the people who are replying here know what a main is. Including the op. A main is your 1 character that you focus on being best at. At the most you could say you have 1 main with 2 backups (AKA 3 mains). If you think you have more then that, you have NO main. You just play everyone.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I think only 1/4 (if that) of the people who are replying here know what a main is. Including the op. A main is your 1 character that you focus on being best at. At the most you could say you have 1 main with 2 backups (AKA 3 mains). If you think you have more then that, you have NO main. You just play everyone.
I actually agree with this, big time.

My "mains" in my signature are more like characters i'm going to try out the most. If I had to guess, my actual main would probably end up being
if he hasn't been nerfed from his Melee appearence.

I've always laughed at the signatures that feature like 15 mains, that's when it goes a bit too far.

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
:4yoshi:,:4greninja: and :4villager: are the more likely ones.

Maaaaybe :4kirby:,:4wiifit: or :ness2: but not sure.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
These are who I am currently eyeing. I'm not gonna make any promises about who will be my main, since that can change quite a bit with more experience, but these are the current potential candidates, at least.

:4palutena::4zelda::rosalina::4villager::ness2::4wiifit:

Just an aside, I haven't checked myself, but just asking if anyone knows of thread that would work the same way this does that's been active within a month. It seems like it would be a relatively common topic, so there may not be need for another thread. 'Til then though, keep on keeping on! :)

Hokori

Great King of Evil
:4shulk: (#1) & :4robinm: (#2) definitely.

- 2 most wanted newcomers (very surprised and happy to see that we actually got BOTH of them)
- Love Xenoblade Chronicles and the Fire Emblem series
- I started up the moveset discussion threads for both of those characters
- I love their depth and they already seem like my type of characters

Out of the other confirmed characters, only interested in seeing how :4bowser:,:4myfriends:, :4palutena:, &:4zss:work for me. I'll be on the lookout for Ganondorf and Falco as well. Don't plan on even using more than 2-3 characters, so I'll see how it goes when it comes to narrowing these others down.

As I always say, I only stay within a certain bubble of characters (based on franchises :p)

But basically, Shulk will be

EDIT - But yeah, your main only refers to like one serious character (potentially 1-3, but the other two are often pocket characters). Funny when the term "main" is used as a substitute for "use" :p)

Last edited:

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
Either Zelda or ZSS.
Maybe Link if he's good though...
I like the look of Rosalina, too...
and what about Little Mac?

So many options...
Too many options!

Niala

Smash Ace
I guess it depends. If I had to choose one right off the start it'd be either :4robinm: or :rosalina:. But I won't really know who I'll main for quite some time after the release.

Characters I intend on playing frequently? Again, quite unsure, but I like the looks of:
:4zss::4zelda::4yoshi::4wiifit::4villager::4shulk::4sheik::rosalina::4robinm::4pit::4peach::4palutena::4marth::4mario::4link::4littlemac::4myfriends::4greninja::4fox::4falcon::4bowser:

I suspect the main I will end up with in a year's time is likely in there somewhere.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I will always main Mario, especially if he's better than he was in Brawl.

Bowser, Ganondorf, and Dedede are all on my side dish list. Dedede was my secondary in Brawl, Ganondorf was my secondary in Project M, and Bowser just seem awesome. Plus Dr. Mario was my secondary in Melee so hmm...
We'll see.

In a non serious fight, I will gladly use the rest of the cast, but otherwise it's Mario with the secondaries.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Main. . .hmmm. . .

Main is like a wishy-washy term now. I'll go with saying Primary, followed by Secondaries then fill-ins.

• Primary so far = :4lucario: undeniably
  • Secondary = :4yoshi: for these awesome changes / buffs.
  • Fill-ins to play for learning / re-grasp the new of the games = :4falcon::4greninja::4link::4luigi::4marth::4metaknight::4palutena::4shulk::4sonic:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Of the known, tried and true, Mario, the Doc (likely #1), Luigi, and Ness (Lucas, as well, if he makes it in somehow). I'll likely pick up Pikachu as well, and I've got a good long list of newcomers to try (Mii Brawler, Villager, WFT, Greninja, Shulk, Pac-Man, Bowser Jr.).

Last edited:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Probably Zamus. Wario depending on how I like him.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Primarily :4zss: again with :4robinm: & :4littlemac:, possibly :4charizard: and :4samus: if they are decent. Ill play casually with all the characters tho with random.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Crutch character: :4fox:since 64. He was always the character I could pick up and play without having to relearn or get readjusted to anything.

Fun characters: :4luigi:'s one of my favorite characters and his wackiness is always appreciated.:4yoshi:. What's not to love about an adorable dino? :4sonic:'s great for messing around with people. I remember doing nothing, but running around and doing back throws.

Will try: :4bowser:. Dude, he got an overhaul, why wouldn't anyone play as him? :4pit:. Same as Bowser and I guess, Pittoo as well will be tried. :4shulk:. I don't like him, but that doesn't mean I won't play as him. :4wiifit:,:4robinm:/:4robinf:, :4palutena:, :rosalina:, er... How about everyone else instead of icon spamming?

Mains? I guess (of the confirmed and current icons): :4myfriends:, :4sheik:, :4lucina:, :4samus:/:4zss:, :4link:, and :4greninja:? I tend to play as fast characters if you have noticed. Ike is an exception for some reason. He just clicks probably because he's simple. Link's a character that's part of my childhood, so of course I'll play as him.

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I'm going to try and main Rosalina and see if I can't get the hang of her puppet mechanic. It should be really interesting to try out different Luma setups.

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
I'm really feeling :4shulk:, but I want to give:4megaman: a try and definitely :4pikachu: since he's been my main in every past game.

Chocobo Link

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4253-3960-6377
Y'see, I have this thing where I always main a newcomer in every Smash Bros., so I'm gonna focus on :4robinf: being my main in this one. My first main ever was a FE character so hell, why not main another? He/she also plays out really differently than the others and I like that.

As my second main, I'll be going with :4tlink: because I love him in Brawl and I feel I'll love him even more in Smash 4.

Last edited:

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Bowser Jr all the way

Villager

and I guess PacMan.

later than I'll try to main the rest.

Patwhit01

Smash Cadet
Primaries::4palutena:, no doubt. Ridley if he's playable.

Secondaries: :4robinm:, :4mii:, :4shulk:,:4peach:, and possibly :wolf:.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I definitely will main:
:4shulk:,:4robinf:,:4palutena:,:4zss:,:4greninja:,:4villager:,:4lucina:, Dark Pit

I might main:
everybody else
Sometimes your main is just your favorite character, like Mario, he is my favourite character.
Of course you have to main all, but it takes time.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
The ones in my signature.

And maybe Charizard, Duck Hunt Dog, Yoshi, Palutena, Sheik, and ZSS.

Last edited:

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
Well I plan on continuing to main :4kirby: as I always do, and shall also still be using :4dedede: as one of my many mains.

Provided they haven't changed too much, which seems to be the case for the former, I will likely stick to using :ganondorf: and :rob: as some of my mains as well.

I'm hoping to be able to continue using both :popo: and :wolf: as mains of mine, or at the very least, just :popo:. C'mon, please show them playable!

Of the newcomers though, I intend to try out :4littlemac: whom I think there is a good chance he'll become a main of mine. I'll also be trying out :4wiifit:, :4robinm::4robinf:, and :4pacman:, as they all look like fun additions I might like playing as, we shall see. I shall also also be testing out :4lucario: and :4luigi:, both being characters I like but never quite felt right playing as in Brawl.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well I plan on continuing to main :4kirby: as I always do, and shall also still be using :4dedede: as one of my many mains.

Provided they haven't changed too much, which seems to be the case for the former, I will likely stick to using :ganondorf: and :rob: as some of my mains as well.

I'm hoping to be able to continue using both :popo: and :wolf: as mains of mine, or at the very least, just :popo:. C'mon, please show them playable!

Of the newcomers though, I intend to try out :4littlemac: whom I think there is a good chance he'll become a main of mine. I'll also be trying out :4wiifit:, :4robinm::4robinf:, and :4pacman:, as they all look like fun additions I might like playing as, we shall see. I shall also also be testing out :4lucario: and :4luigi:, both being characters I like but never quite felt right playing as in Brawl.
Cutting :popo:, WHY SAKURAI, WHY!!!?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I pretty much want to try out almost the whole cast. But if I had to pick a few:

Top 5: :4olimar::4palutena::4megaman::4greninja::4tlink:

Other 5: :4sonic::4samus::4dk::4shulk::4bowser:

Top Bottom