• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are you planning to main?

Redcard

Smash Cadet
Honestly I never even considered him, but after hearing about him in the demo, I'm really thinking hard about Pac-man. If not, probably a very zone-y oriented Zelda.

King K. Rool.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
:4mario: or :drmario:, depending on the differences.

:4sonic:.:4kirby:.:4robinm:.:4shulk:. and:4lucina:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
:4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk:

Also: :rosalina:. And also going to dabble with: :4robinf::4greninja::4palutena::4olimar::4falcon:

Oh and Dark :4pit:, and I'll see, after whoever else shows up.

But mostly :4shulk: + :rosalina:

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
In order: Yoshi, Fox, and [Duck Hunt Dog]. I'll update my sig... Sometime.

I've mostly accepted that :4mii: will probably be banned day one... Mostly.

Last edited:

NeroRevolver

Smash Cadet
NNID
NeroRevolver
Asking about mains and then going into topics and seeing people say they plan to "main" 12 characters always sort of bothered me.

Honestly I just plan to main Megaman.

But I want to try out and get a feel of the characters before I fanboy over anyone.

Last edited:

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Isn't this the same type of thread as "Who are you going to use?"?

Anyway:

I'll main Ness of course! It's always Ness. I tried to main Lucas in Brawl, and I was using Pit a lot. But then Kirby became my second main and I just couldn't let go of Ness.

So while I will try a lot of the new characters and it's not impossible that someone else will be my main, I think I'm just gonna come back to Ness after a while. If they haven't changed Kirby a lot he's probably gonna be my second main. Or Marth if he's more like his Melee version. Or Mewtwo if he's back, Mewtwo is definitely my third main. The newcomers I'm mostly interested in are Little Mac and Lucina. (And Duck Hunt Dog depending on how he turns out)

Asking about mains and then going into topics and seeing people say they plan to "main" 12 characters always sort of bothered me.
Yeah I know. You can't main ****ing 12 characters. There has to be a limit otherwise they're hardly mains. Like 1-5. I only say I have 3 mains. If there's more then how the hell can I get any better with them? Also I wouldn't like more than 3 enough to want to use them a lot.

Last edited:

MrKatsu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0834-2517-6046
:4robinm: and :rosalina: take most of my interests for newcomers, but of course :4peach: and :4samus: will get love for being my original mains.

the8thark

Smash Lord
No idea yet. I will Play SSB WiiU first. My Melee and Brawl mains were Roy and Ike. Not planned that way, I just found them to be the best for my play style. So I'll beat classic mode with every character and shave some single player fun before I choose my mains.

Solarman

Smash Cadet
:4megaman: as you can tell by my name and avatar. Also really want to give :4pacman:, :4lucario:,:4charizard:, and :4yoshi: a shot

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
:4link: Will be my main main

My secondary mains will be...

:4shulk::4robinm::4littlemac::4kirby::4zss::4palutena::ness2:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I don't know why so many people have half the roster as their mains. Its impossible to be good with them if you pick so many.

Pick one. Be done.

Play 'em all. Suck balls.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX

Honestly I just plan to main Megaman.

But I want to try out and get a feel of the characters before I fanboy over anyone.
Yeah, I think it's pretty hard to main 12 Smash characters. I will probably main 3 anyway, and those will be Shulk, Bowser and (probably) Pit. I really want to main both Shulk and Bowser, Shulk because I really like the character and Xenoblade and I have very fond memories with my fellow people of the Shulk support group, and Bowser because I like him a lot, but it was always sad to see how slow and weak he was. Now that he is more viable, I can probably play better with him. And his visual update is just great.

The last character is basically a character that has a playstyle I really like that feels different so that I have a lot of variety. I liked to play with Pit in Brawl, and I love the changes from Brawl Pit to SSB4 Pit. He is strong, quick, can do a lot of stuff in the air and is easy to pick up. Other characters I want to try and that could be my mains instead of Pit are Little Mac, as I love his fast ground-based simple fighting style, or even Palutena, as I really like how she has a more tank-y fighting style.

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
*points at signature* especially this peeps --->:4myfriends:,:4luigi:, :4robinf:

Some honorable mentions would be :4palutena:,:4yoshi:,:4sheik:,:4greninja:, & :4megaman:. I'd like to try them out sometime :)

Raijinken

Smash Master
Robin trumps all (male, as I am male and he is me), regardless of skill, viability, or other factors. My four runner ups who will be skill-dependent will be Megaman, Shulk, Marth, and Captain Falcon. Runner ups to the runner up slots are Ness, Samus, Dr. Mario, Pac Man, and Little Mac.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Don't know... I have absolutely no clue.

I will probably end up maining who ever feels the best for my keep away long/mid range play style. I'm guessing Robin, Rosalina, Samus, or sheik. Also it has to be a girl.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Don't know... I have absolutely no clue.

I will probably end up maining who ever feels the best for my keep away long/mid range play style. I'm guessing Robin, Rosalina, Samus, or sheik. Also it has to be a girl.
and .....hum....why it has to be a girl?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Well it doesn't... but I like girls. Typically I tend to like the archetypes female characters get stuck with. Speed and agility over power has always been my thing.

I like characters with strong long range options that force opponents to approach.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Meta Knight takes top priority, with Samus, Ike, Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon trotting around a bit behind. By the sounds of the demo Meta Knight and Captain Falcon have been fixed, so all I need now is a buff for the Puff and I'm set.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
:4mario::4fox::ness2: Have been my staples in every Smash game so far so at least one of them will probably be my main (likely Mario). I know I'm going to give :wario::4dedede: another shot in this game and see if their playstyles resonate with me in this game. As for everyone else, I'm most interested in trying :4megaman::4villager::4wiifit: at the moment but, again, it depends if I like their playstyles when I actually get the game in my hands. I'm still holding out that :popo: eventually come back so I'll give them another shot too.

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
:4pacman: definitely. I've always liked slow powerful characters like :ganondorfmelee: and I also love the feel of :gawmelee:, so a mix of the two sounds amazing to me. So hyped.

I'm going to try them all and see who works for me; even ones I didn't like before in case something has changed, such as Lucario.

I am really considering :4wiifit:Wii Fit Trainer for the novelty of pummeling people with the character so few people like to begin with.

KingBobbins

Smash Rookie
NNID
KingBobbins
:4tlink:Who I will train with to be the best and be good at. You could kind of tell by my profile pic.
:4mii:When I'm messing around because there's really no point in trying to be good as them.

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
I'm most interested in:4greninja::4lucario::4wiifit::4zss:, maybe sticking with :4marth:/:4lucina: from Brawl.

This thread seems pretty redundant…

Top Bottom