• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are you gonna main and why?

Stealth309

Smash Apprentice
If Falco makes it back in, I will main him. If not, I will main Metaknight as my primary main and Ike as my secondary main.

Charzonsos

Smash Cadet
I will bring back Marth and Captain Falcon as 2 of my mains. Then I will main Pokemon Trainer due to the difference in his Pokemon's playstyles.

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
King Dedede is awesome. The original reason I chose Roy in melee was because he was on the heavy side and had a long-ranged sword. Let's face it, a huge bird (Penguin? Eagle?) with a huge hammer is awesome.

Fox has always been a main of mine since 64. I was the best of my friends with him in 64 and the second best in melee. Darn sheik.

Rob looks like a superb character, both in looks and in usability.

Wolf looks pretty similar to fox, and he's awesome. I think he'll probably replace Fox, but there's no way of knowing.

If I can, I'll try to get good with Toon Link. Young Link was my original main in Melee, but after I went back to playing 64 for a while, I was unused to him when I switched back to Melee again.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
1.pit
2.sonic
3.meta knight
i like pit because he has amazing recovery i also think he has potenial for top tier but idc about that i picked him when i saw the video of him fly down thru the clouds i was in love (not gay)

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Wolf O'Donnel, because he's awesome. And his name makes him sound slightly Irish. Am I sterotyping there?

Peach as a back-up, cause I mained her in Melee...although the way it's sounding, I don't know if that'll even matter anymore.

Sideem Slingh

Smash Journeyman
I feel this topic is a little irrelevant....

Anyways, I'll main as Snake, since he looks like the most tactical of the lot, and then I'll main Zero Suit Samus. What? She's sexy ^^

Here's a question: Does anyone feel guilty for jumping straight for the new characters and leaving the old characters behind? I do, but hopefully I'll be playing as Yoshi as well.

The-Judge

Banned via Administration
Ganondorf. I know him as I know my parents. Its natural for me to control him. Is he downgraded, upgraded or just the same in Brawl? Cause Snake seems to have the same stats as him, so if Ganondorf is much worse, i have considered Snake.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Zelda.
She was my main in Melee, so I'm naturally going to carry that over to Brawl.
Pfft. I don't need a downB to win ;]

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
WHO: Ike
WHY: I'm a fan of Fire Emblem. Besides, I bet it'll feel nice to slash opponents in two with Ragnell. I like his fighting style.

WHO: Meta Knight
WHY: This guy's a combo freak. Seems to be a good char, I'm sure I'll find a way to make up for his lack of KO moves. Also, MK is just downright awesome.

WHO: Samus
WHY: She's awesome. 'Nuff said.

WHO: Gannon
WHY: I liked him in Melee. His TP costume is sweet.

WHO: Pit
WHY: Dual swords. Arrows of light. Mirror shield. Incredible recovery. I can keep going...,

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Wolf: Fav Starfox character Since 64, nice feral and aggresive gameplay = my aggressive main
Snake: Twin Snakes was excellent game, Snake is great character, tactical and setup gameplay for the win, outwit your adversary = my tactical main
Metaknight: Fav Kirby Character since Kirby superstar, badass character, combo freak, five jumps and four recovery options, dimensional cape = my combo and mindblowing main

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
in order

Poke'mon Trainer
Link
Marth
Ike

you can tell most of my mains have swords (was a link/Marth main in melee)

Grandeza

Smash Master
Who: Luigi
Why: I used him in melee as a secondary and was good with him. In brawl he's quite similar except his recovery is better and his dash attack got buffed(thank god)

Secondary:Diddy
Why: He's fast, good at combos, nice recovery, has a projectile, and he's plain awesome.

Backup Secondary:ROB
Why: His recovery is second best in the game(behind Pit), he's strong, and has a nice number of projectiles.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Zero suit samus: Fast, great range, awesome.
Captain Falcon: Fast, Falcon Knee, Falcon punch, Awesome.
Luigi: Great jumper, great recovery, awesome.
Pikmin and Olimar: Just plain awesome.

AWESOME.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon: It's tradition. Demolishing my friends with The Knee, dominating party matches with well-timed Falcon Punches, juggling people with his Uair and Bair, and most importantly, showing my moves. Some things about Falcon really suck in Brawl compared to Melee, but I think overall he will still be very good and I'll still be able to be good with him.

Besides him, I plan on trying out everyone, but specifically Toon Link, Pit, Lucas, Lucario, DeDeDe, Metaknight, Olimar, and Gannondorf. I'm sure at least a few of those will work well for me, so those that do I will keep playing as and those that don't I'll probably not play very often as.

Hypnotoad

Smash Rookie
DeDeDe cause well, he's a giant penguin in a robe with a massive hammer, whats not to like. Then metaknight and toon link because they both look like comboing beasts

Top Bottom