• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are you gonna main and why?

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
Samus - Been my main since ssb64. Started as a fan pick, been my old standby since :)
DK - Been my alt since ssb64

MewTwo - if he makes it back because hes just awesome
Krystal - if shes confirmed purely out of being a fan of StarFox and her character

Kibbles

Smash Rookie
Most likely Pit, PT, or Cpt Falcon (if he's in - which he should be)
I'll probably play as Bowser casually just for Giga Bowser :)
Pikmin and Olimar look cool, so I'll give them a go too.
I would consider Samus, only without Smash Balls (I don't like Zamus)

eggs-on-toast

Smash Apprentice
It's hard to tell as it's not out yet and i'll need to experiment but i will probably main (in no particular order):
1. DK (always have in 64 and melee, and he's a gorilla with a tie that just means 0Wn@Ge :laugh:)
2. Yoshi (used almost the same amount as DK, he's a dinosaur which lay's eggs)
3. Wario (he's bad*** and has classic costume=cool in MSC i use this dude aswell)
4. Diddy (i'm a big fan of the DKC and DK64 games, as in there the best games ever)
5. King DDD (he's a penguin, my nickname in school is penguin, he has a hammer, i smash stuff with hammers)

Obuiously you can see i'm into the heavies so i might consider Bowser aswell. DK and Yoshi were used the most in melee and i have to pick DK first, always do. I might consider PT as he looks cool and has Ivysaur who evolves into the best pokemon ever - FACT.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The bumper: It f***ING STOPS PEOPLE, is a COMBO MACHINE, and edge guards. What better main could you have=??? :laugh:

Ya that's right, I'm the first person ever to main a item! :grin: I also plan on maining any SMB3 or SMG level, as well as Delfino Plaza! :)

Stage and Item mainers FTW! :laugh:

Watch someone copy me and main Waluigi, Lyn, and Samurai Goroh. [assist trophies] :chuckle:

Character-wise...out of the 25 confirmed characters, 25 of them seem like viable mains! :laugh:

Reyairia

Smash Champion
LOL@everyone saying ZSS.
Srsly, you can't really main a character only playable via final smash; you main Samus, and try to master ZSS whenever you do get the chance to play as her.
As for maining, that should be;

1. Ridley
2. Mewtwo.
3. Bowser.

I got a hardcore soft spot for those dudes, and I have this thing for villains.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
LOL@everyone saying ZSS.
Srsly, you can't really main a character only playable via final smash; you main Samus, and try to master ZSS whenever you do get the chance to play as her.
As for maining, that should be;

1. Ridley
2. Mewtwo.
3. Bowser.

I got a hardcore soft spot for those dudes, and I have this thing for villains.
What she said, but add Dedede and maybe Dark Samus..
EDIT: And Ganondorf, how'd I forget >_<

zagman505

Smash Cadet
if isaac is in (he better be) then definitely maining as him. otherwise... diddy kong or dedede probably.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
When Brawl comes out I'm going to main... Sol Badguy...

and then when it comes out in PAL these characters I really wanna have a crack at, in no particular order:
-Mario
-Wario
-Fox
-Pikachu
-Zelda/Shiek (Only if Zelda is useful)
-Olimar
-Diddy

Kidding about the Sol Badguy thing. Who in the hell plays Sol anyway?

Hyenator

Smash Cadet
1 - Fox. My main since SSB.
2 - Kirby. My alt since SSB.
3 - Metaknight. Because i like his moves.

thetoastinator

Smash Apprentice
Right now, I am planning on Maining:

Samus ( She just has really good at combo chains moves, and she is the master of long range. )
Link (I have been with this guy since I was a wee little boy)
Mario (Another good combo-er. He is also balanced, and I like the balanced characters a lot usually.
C. Falcon: (SPEED!!!! VROOOM!!! I use his agility to trick my foes! Am I there? Or there?)

But who knows, I am very welcoming. Anyone that is good in my eyes is welcomed to join my list...

drengist

Smash Journeyman
Well, Fox has been my fav right from the beginning and he's the character I already know like my pockets. Most likely I'll first beat the Subspace and event matches with Fox and unlock more characters. Then I'm going to focus more on the newcomers and see which shows most promise. Metaknight, Pit and PT seem quite interesting right now.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Diddy, Captain Olimar and Sheik.

Diddy - His comboing and acrobatic techniques are what won my heart over. Not only that, but he has a hat and shirt, and he's a chimp. What more do you want?

Captain Olimar - He's unique. Simple as that, I want to see how the Pikmin system works. Can it be used efficiently in the competitive scene?

Sheik - My melee main, even without wavedashing, I'll still use her.
It's just commitment man.

moogle_face

Smash Rookie
i mained link in melee so he'll probably be one of mains again.
metaknight and ike look pretty cool so i might main one of them as well

XACE-K

Smash Master
These are the confirmed
characters that I want to main.
  • Mario-Favorite video game character
  • Ike-Badass and I don't care if he's slow.
  • Link-Was a secondary for me in Melee
  • Bowser-Badass and better in Brawl
  • Snake-Also badass
  • Metaknight-Awesome character
  • DK-Secondary in Melee

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to main:

Donkey Kong
Fox
Mario
Mewtwo (if he's in)
King K. Rool (if he's in)
Link
Pikachu

In that order. Why? Just because those are my favorite Nintendo charcters. I play characters for how much I like them, not for their play style, or for how good they are.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
1. Peach - My main in Melee whom I adore greatly

2. Pit - Seems like a more floaty Link. Link was my old main in Melee, and I like floaty characters. Also, I love Kid Icarus (I'm too n00by to beat it though), and I like angelic characters in general (that's why I play Peach too)

3. King Dedede - Heavy and floaty? That's got to be the best combination I ever heard. I played Bowser, DK, and Kirby at some point, and combining elements from them is sick (in a good way). And that Waddle Dee move is very Peachy, which I like.

Secondary
4. Meta Knight - He's like a stronger Kirby with a sword. What's not to like?

5. Link - My old main, and my current secondary in Melee

6. gimp-- uh, Bowser - My origial main in Melee. I switched to Link when I started losing in one-on-ones. He seems to be better this time around.

7. Mario - Desperate times call for desperate measures. Mario has been my on/off main since the original Smash until I finally settled on Peach. He seems to be buffed this time around, and as a decent Mario player, I can't pass that up.

Wrath`

Smash Master

1. LINK: He was and is my main in melle, and these new effects on his equimpment seem to better fit my style than before

PIT: i have since i first saw him in action, looks to be a cool fast character

SNAKE: why not? and nikita missles anyone?

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
- "He who must not be named": Not Voldemort, obviously. If he is in Brawl, he will be my main. If he doesn't:

- Kirby: My main since SSB. I just wish he recovers his top tier place.

Others:
- Snake
- Pokémon Trainer
- Link
- Samus

In other words, just look at my sig:

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
Looks to me like the lowest picks as of right now are...

1. Ike
2. Zelda
3. Lucas

Not surprising...

I just hope online play doesn't turn into all the same character vs. all the same character...

_Xanatos_

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure yet. I'll have to try them first.

If Mega Man is in, I'll try him first because I'm a Mega Man fan. If not, I'll try Luigi because he's my main in Melee. However, I'll probably just choose a brand new main by seeing whose feel I like the most.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I want to do Ike, he was my fav to use at E for All next to Diddy. And Pikachu I love too... Also the chars I haven't used yet I'm interested in. Especially PTrainer.

If Skull Kid magically makes it in, I have to main him regardless of what tier/type he is. I just have to.

If Mewtwo comes back and he's better I might. If Falco comes back and by the grace of God still has his jacket and not that jumpsuit he had in recent games... then Falco maybe.

I know this may sound weird but honestly, I pick my characters due to their colors. In Melee I main red falco just cause I liked the jacket. Blue Falcon, Pimp hat Pikachu, Red Fox, and so on. So... it kinda depends on colors for me haha

ARX-7 Arbalest

Smash Journeyman
Temple Hills, Maryland or University of MD, Baltim
okay here's an indepth look at who ill main

1. Pit-He looks like a balance of speed, range, an melee. he seems a bit light an easily knocked out but he reminds me of a faster version of peach from melee an peach was my main

2. Ike-okay he's slow from what ive heard but, the way gimpyfish described his power level as (i kno im gonna recieve flak) over 9000...ok seriously tho, g-fish described ike as being super SUPER powerful. im willin to take a dive in speed for that kind of power

3. Pokemon Trainer-Ok as far as maining this guy, i have to play with him first. i say i might main him because his way of fighting is so new, i just have to try him out at least

4. Snake-its solid snake...thats reason enough

5. Link-i didnt like link in ssb64 or ssbm but now, link just seems somewhat better. maybe its because of his badass FS or his twilight princess getup but overall, link seems a bit faster in brawl to me. he might not be but he seems that way

6. Mario-the ultimate balanced fighter, maybe thats why he's paired with pit in SSE. the way I see it, if i cant main with anyone, mario will do because he remains balanced an that FS looks deadly

7. Metaknight-i always forget this lil munchkin but from initial impressions, MK has been said to be the killer of brawl. ill believe it when i see it but im willin to try him out

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Ike. Because:

# Ike is being called a noob killer. His Side Special charged can KO Kirby and Meta Knight at 35%. He is being called "too powerful".

All my friends are noobs. :grin:

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
I will main Bowser, because I already do in Melee. Bowser rules.

Though I want to play a lot of Pokemon Trainer and Olimar as well...but who knows if I'll like their style. I have to actually wait until the game comes out to see if I'm going to like how they play.

flashfox

Smash Cadet
Ganon is still my main atm, so most likely him, with a secondary of Bowser, although if Ganon becomes a sword wielder with a different style, then Bowser will be my early main, secondary will be Ganon and Ike. I forsee Ganon/Ike taking over when I get comfortable, unless Bowser is THAT good.

PK2

Smash Cadet
I dunno, but it'll be someone fast, with a high jump and a juicy rump.
Or just regular Samus XDDDDDDDD

Nah, I'll use the highest tier speed character.

J18

Smash Journeyman
Sonic will most likely be my main, but i really want to try out character's like olimar and pokemon trainer. nothing's for sure at this point though

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Sheik until I unlock Marth.
Yeah will probably be Marth is in. The Famitsu translation doesn't say Marth is gone and I expect an epic showdown of Ike + Marth as Event Mode. Ike is VERY different to Marth and Marth is too unique to just throw away. No other character has the whole "tip" concept. Roy's probably gone since Ike is Roy 2.0

Mizukami_Jago

Smash Rookie
I myself will probably be maining Princess Peach...

I do in Melee... when I am not playing Link anyway...

She just has really good recovery... she is fast enough... what can I say?

Top Bottom