• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are the most successful Bowser players?

Cosmick

Smash Apprentice
Anyways, about Bowser

He's pretty cool no doubt and he has a ton of tools to be successful.

A word of advice and hopefully we can take this conversation somewhere else, flaming gets boring after a while and once its done its done. Now this is going no where, and it started off as a good thing.

Let's make it so there is a best Bowser known, I was disappointed no doubt to see that Dias has no real tournament prowess and that's what we can't have.

How about it guys, lets make Bowser a character to be feared for once, instead of just three or four of us being good with him while he stays low tier why doesn't everyone suck it up put in some work and do the dirty.

That's gospel.
Flaming is boring, to close the flame war though..

OverLade

Smash Hero
Just to throw it out there about Wifi.

Look at the leaderboards on any Smash ranking site (Gamebattles, SBR, AiB). Most of the top players are either pro in real life or **** close. You could assume that since they don't lose often, it might mean they're better than most of the people they play against. There is the disadvantage of not being used to playing on wifi, and some characters having an edge on wifi, but GENERALLY, the better player wins on Wifi. >_>

Buuman

Smash Ace
funny cosmick xD

Well you are part of the east coast which is a plus, I'll be sure to remember u next time I go to a tourney, I hope u have the same tag name. Unfortunately I can't contact u otherwise by aim...or msn...I dont feel like PMing, and u have no friends so...yeah, please go to crit hit 4...I'll be looking forward to seeing you ;D

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Just to throw it out there about Wifi.

Look at the leaderboards on any Smash ranking site (Gamebattles, SBR, AiB). Most of the top players are either pro in real life or **** close. You could assume that since they don't lose often, it might mean they're better than most of the people they play against. There is the disadvantage of not being used to playing on wifi, and some characters having an edge on wifi, but GENERALLY, the better player wins on Wifi. >_>
In my general opinion Wi-Fi is not a clear judge of skill. Sure the top players are up there but it doesn't mean its close to "real" smash.

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
How about it guys, lets make Bowser a character to be feared for once, instead of just three or four of us being good with him while he stays low tier why doesn't everyone suck it up put in some work and do the dirty.
I agree with this fully. Truer words haven't been said in a while. Thats why I'm going to start taking my tournaments a bit more seriously and providing evidence from here on. Even if there is no #1, it's better to have numerous top Bowsers all equally doing damage all over the country.

But like what I said earlier, you need experience, so just like KevinM said, get to work and pull out something impressive to the world.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I'm definitely the best Melee Bowser player hands down lol. I'm mad that this discussion is just talking about Brawl though. My Bowser in Brawl is too d*mn good anyway lol. I barely know sh*t about the game (like matchups, mechanics, Bowser tricks, etc.) and I almost never play it. The reason why I say my Brawl Bowser is good is because I'm just mad smart period. My mind games are amazing and Bowser is mostly a mind game character lol. Get at me for meatridin' myself lol.

I definitely agree on what you said, Lord Kagato. Top Bowser players will **** all over the world all dai and I'm already doing it lol.

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
I'm definitely the best Melee Bowser player hands down lol. I'm mad that this discussion is just talking about Brawl though. My Bowser in Brawl is too d*mn good anyway lol. I barely know sh*t about the game (like matchups, mechanics, Bowser tricks, etc.) and I almost never play it. The reason why I say my Brawl Bowser is good is because I'm just mad smart period. My mind games are amazing and Bowser is mostly a mind game character lol. Get at me for meatridin' myself lol.

I definitely agree on what you said, Lord Kagato. Top Bowser players will **** all over the world all dai and I'm already doing it lol.
That's some...confidence you've got there. ^_^;

Oh well. Who am I to judge? You've been mentioned a few times already. I haven't seen anything from you, but if people have been saying you're good, then I won't protest. I won't "get at you" with flaming or anything.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
DJ said my Bowser is good in melee, and basically Melee bowser directly carries over to Brawl because it's all thinking.

Yo DJ, BOWSA ALL DAI

Sliq

Smash Master
I didn't say that if the name sounded silly the player would be easy...
No, I did, and I still stand by this until the ratio of bad people with stupid names to good people with stupid names is better than 10:1.

and just because I don't pay attention to "who's the best" doesn't mean I don't play competitively but meh maybe I don't maybe I do. Doesn't matter I play.
Well, KNOWING a lot about the game you play is a good way to get better without actually needing skill, and knowing who is good with who in order to study their videos and find out the tricks they use, they setups they use, and the hole's in their playstyle to use to your advantage. Also, if they play the character you do, you try to emulate their successes and avoid their pitfalls.

But since you don't watch videos, you don't really get any of this, which means you are already at a base disadvantage just based off of knowledge (or the lack thereof).

and I don't care what "name" I make for myself I'll still get matches whenever I do feel like playing which isn't much lately. I'm mostly waiting on Street Fighter 4 I'm getting bored of brawl but I haven't been on videogames as much as I used to be anyways.
Well I do care. I care about the community as a whole and I care about the fellow Bowser players. I want them to learn **** and be good, and also spread their knowledge. I don't want someone who doesn't watch videos, doesn't play often, doesn't frequently go to tournaments telling people how to play Bowser when he is less qualified than the people he is talking to (assuming these are attributes that you hold, based off of what you are telling me).

That's not to say you can't say, "Hey, do this," but don't get pissed when someoen says, "No, that's wrong, do this instead."

I haven't recorded a match in months now I just give advice to up coming Bowser mainers. (and stay posted on the new AT's)
Same as above.

I know they are different levels of play with each character I'm saying when pinned up against Bowser I know what happens in those match ups. Not to say their impossible to win. I know for a fact a good Falco will always beat a Bowser player.

No, you are wrong. On basically every level. You don't know what happens in those matchups, and you don't know for a fact that Falco will always beat Bowser, even if each player is comparative in skill.

Even this DJ Nintendo guy would lose to a random Falco player I know is great with Falco's chaingrab and I'm not saying this guy sucks I'm just stating what I know is true.
And I am stating you are wrong.

If anyone wants to prove that their Bowser is so "godly" then we don't need to argue it. Wifi does exist in brawl. Just hit me up for a brawl and when I'm at the keyboard I'll get with you. Note that I will record the match.
lol wifi

Wifi proves nothing, other than who is better at wifi. My game relies heavily on prediction, but also on reaction, which is impossible on wifi. Bad people have very little reactionary game, while good people have great reactionary game (and insanely good people have ridiculously amazing reactionary game).

Removing this aspect simply removes a weapon from a good players repatoire while impacting the lesser player none. He lacks the knowledge or experience to understand whats happening in a situation, and most certainly doesn't know the best retaliatory measure.

You "godly" bowser players can beat so and so and whoever else but I only believe what I see and do myself.
This would be fine if you were good.

If you can beat these great Falco players then beat me (I won't be using Falco as I don't know how to use him but I'll use other characters at which I'm not good with but know how to use good enough) I'll be using characters who are "easier" then Falco.
This makes no sense. Beating you would have no bearing on the Falco - Bowser matchup. Furthermore, beating someone bad has no impact on beating someone good. Also, lol wifi.

but you don't want that to happen because it would damage your reps so instead make excuses about how I'm to lame to brawl and how I'm not worth your time. Either way your just proving my point.
It's mostly that wifi isn't an appropriate test of skill other than who is better at wifi. I already described this. IF it makes you feel better, you can pretend I'm dodging you.

If we ever meet IRL at a tournament I won't have any problem money matching you.

Wifi is here so if your going to show off then do so if not lets hear those excuses.
Don't lose to Falco players. No excuses.

Not really a legit argument, is it?

I'm not brawling you because of this and that johns. amirite
No.

*My last post here*
Highly doubt it. This internet drama is far too strong.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
No, I did, and I still stand by this until the ratio of bad people with stupid names to good people with stupid names is better than 10:1.

Well, KNOWING a lot about the game you play is a good way to get better without actually needing skill, and knowing who is good with who in order to study their videos and find out the tricks they use, they setups they use, and the hole's in their playstyle to use to your advantage. Also, if they play the character you do, you try to emulate their successes and avoid their pitfalls.

But since you don't watch videos, you don't really get any of this, which means you are already at a base disadvantage just based off of knowledge (or the lack thereof).

Well I do care. I care about the community as a whole and I care about the fellow Bowser players. I want them to learn **** and be good, and also spread their knowledge. I don't want someone who doesn't watch videos, doesn't play often, doesn't frequently go to tournaments telling people how to play Bowser when he is less qualified than the people he is talking to (assuming these are attributes that you hold, based off of what you are telling me).

That's not to say you can't say, "Hey, do this," but don't get pissed when someoen says, "No, that's wrong, do this instead."

Same as above.

[/U][/B]

No, you are wrong. On basically every level. You don't know what happens in those matchups, and you don't know for a fact that Falco will always beat Bowser, even if each player is comparative in skill.

And I am stating you are wrong.

lol wifi

Wifi proves nothing, other than who is better at wifi. My game relies heavily on prediction, but also on reaction, which is impossible on wifi. Bad people have very little reactionary game, while good people have great reactionary game (and insanely good people have ridiculously amazing reactionary game).

Removing this aspect simply removes a weapon from a good players repatoire while impacting the lesser player none. He lacks the knowledge or experience to understand whats happening in a situation, and most certainly doesn't know the best retaliatory measure.

This would be fine if you were good.

This makes no sense. Beating you would have no bearing on the Falco - Bowser matchup. Furthermore, beating someone bad has no impact on beating someone good. Also, lol wifi.

It's mostly that wifi isn't an appropriate test of skill other than who is better at wifi. I already described this. IF it makes you feel better, you can pretend I'm dodging you.

If we ever meet IRL at a tournament I won't have any problem money matching you.

Don't lose to Falco players. No excuses.

Not really a legit argument, is it?

No.

you know for a little while I was half convinced you were just an as$ with a temper, I was wrong about you... sorry for that.

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
I've always wondered what attracted so many people into returning after their "last post," "real last post," "seriously guys, this is the last post," and "I have no time to deal with such pathetic children such as yourselves post." Unfortunately, without internet drama, things would be very boring.

And besides. This is Bowser. Very serious business.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
A next Gimpyfish? I have no idea. Who's going to become better than Gimpyfish anyway?
Melee bowser and brawl bowser are pretty different in some important areas... not really a valid comparison methinks! The question asked more appropriatly would be, "Who will be the new face of bowser in brawl."

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
Melee bowser and brawl bowser are pretty different in some important areas... not really a valid comparison methinks! The question asked more appropriatly would be, "Who will be the new face of bowser in brawl."
Didn't Gimpy join a SSBB tourney as Bowser?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I've heard along those lines to, but no disrespect I'd have to hear him beat some of the bigger names before I can just nod.

Sliq

Smash Master
Dazwa called me Gimpysliq and I cried and then vowed vengeance.

Top Bottom