• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Update WOW'ed You The Most?

susu_atari

Smash Ace
YEEAAH.
Stage Builder. By a MILE. That was the point that the game reached absolute perfection for me. I just didn't ever think for a second that there would ACTUALLY be one. Just amazing.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Either Pokemon Trainer (my mouth dropped), Sonic (because someone predicted him the night before, not because it's Sonic), or Stage Builder too (I said "WHOA.").

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Sonic for me... I was gaping and talking to myself before class began... It was quite embarrassing, but boy was I surprised, and happy.

Stage Builder didn't get me too bad...

If Isaac or Bomberman are updates on that site, I will probably faint, or something.

Sariku

Smash Master
I have to follow the band wagon. I did the happy dance for 10 minutes when I saw Sonic, didn't even bother scrolling down till I was done.

I failed EVERY Quiz/Test at school that day too.

This is what you call a hardcore gamer.

Jarrs

Smash Rookie
Stage Builder!

A new level everyday? Its like Christmas... Everyday!

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Sonic. Stage Builder. When I saw Zelda I was like.. "She looks better In Brawl than she did it Twiglight Princess!"

Stage Builder is the greatest though

Dedede and PT were pretty nice as well.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
lol @ Sariku's happy dance :)

The three biggest ones for were probably 4 types of control, customizable control, & Stage Builder. I was already thinking something similar to SE would be in, and Wifi was kind of a given.

The Musician list was up there as well. Amazing, really, how many famous names and games are there to unite for a single game.

The new concept for Snapshots and recording matches are worth mentions as well :)

Eaode

Smash Champion
As happy as I was on the day of the Wifi Update, I was really wowed more by the Massive SSE update on Sakurai's B-Day. That was pretty sweet.

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
the stage creator tripped me out i couldnt believe it oh and sonic too it was kind of unexpected for me

Hoboman725

Smash Journeyman
the update with the snake video. there have been better updates than that, but this one for whatever reason wowed me the most.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm not very unique... but the best updates so far where...

#1- WiFi, looking forward to online play.
#2- Stage Builder, awesome that I can create stages.
#3- 4 Kinds of Control, using any controller and any button config to play the game is a big relief.
#4- Subspace Emissionary: A in depth single player mode... no way!
#5- Character updates: I would say Sonic but some of the others wowed me like Pokemon trainer too so I'll just say character updates in general.

Those where my favorite updates so far... hopefully we will get something good in December as Novembers updates where mostly rehashes.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Diddy Kong: Sure he was the most likely character for Brawl since Wario, but he was my most desired newcomer (WW Link=upgraded Young Link). :laugh:

Sonic: I yelled "RAPPPPEEEEEE..........AGEEEE!" at this update. :)

Wi-fi: Expected, but great, nonetheless. :)

3rd biggest was 4 types of controls, and hearing they were customizable. That was a relief, and made me EXTREMELY HAPPY! :) No smash fan should be mad at that-and if you are, you are RETARTED...unless you wanted the N64 controler (or mod) to work, in which I'd love that! :grin:

2nd biggest woaw goes to the Pokémon Trainer. The first two posts I posted about it were my hatred for it, but then I realize: THIS IS THE 3rd MOST ORIGINAL CHARACTER IN THE SERIES THUS FAR! This is what Shiek has wet dreams of being with Zelda (actually, the other way around! XD). Simply put, it's balanced, it forces action, and it was a GREAT UPDATE! :)

but the winner is most obviously....

STAGE CREATOR: A dream update that gave us fans a wet dream update, seriously. This was a dream AT BEST, and it happened. If you say you saw that coming, you are even a bigger liar then the PT update, because no one saw that coming. Especially with those EXACT THREE Pokémon. Same with stage creator...it was a wet dream, at best, that happened.

Also, "This World", and "the Subspace Emissary" updates woawed me, and got me pretty excited. :)

The next woaw update is when the potentail Rocky character, Geno is confirmed! Ya, Geno pwns your dad, all day and night...but not like that! :laugh:

Editz: LOL at the delay. I agree, but at least we got SONIC! :grin:

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
STAGE BUILDER FTW

these things are the only reason i actually own a tony hawk game, so to have it in Smash gave me a nerd-gasm

Luigi player

Smash Master
When I saw that Sonic is going to be in I was like this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=1UaJWzw79GI

It was really awesome... it's like a dream came true...

When the video came I think I watched it over 30 times, until it got boring, lol.

The other really awesome updates were: Wifi, Stage Builder, My Music, ...

Top Bottom